Spiderman 2 (PS2) = $29.99 @ Fry's Electronics (Bay Area, Ca)

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
39%5CROP%5CROPAdSubregions%5C4201095.gif.gif

39%5CROP%5CROPAdSubregions%5C4201087.gif.gif

[quote name='v00d00ppl']thanx for the info...did u buy it yet? until when is the sale?[/quote]

I'm guessing until 8:03 or so, when they sell the last copy. Unless the reviews are just horrid, that is a great price. Of course, there is no Fry's anywhere near me, so I always miss out on their deals. I'll probably want the Xbox version instead of the PS2 version anyway. Yeah, that's it.

Are you sure you can't have the Xbox version. It has a pic of the PS2 version but doesn't say that it's only for the PS2.

[quote name='california1967']cant you find a place that price matches....[/quote]

I don't know of any store in TN that will price match a store in CA. Most stores will only match local prices. Some will match the prices at a few select online stores.

[quote name='sj41']Are you sure you can't have the Xbox version. It has a pic of the PS2 version but doesn't say that it's only for the PS2.[/quote]

When it doesn't state another console, it's common sense that it's only for the console pictured in the ad. Looking for further evidence, the outpost.com website only has the PS2 version at a cheap price, while Xbox and GC versions are at $49.99

will best buy price match frys? Then use gamer gift card for 24.99? That would rock. Plus they have a five dollar off coupon at best buy so that 20.00?

Anyone confirm this?

Is this price for today (Sunday) or tomorrow (Monday)? It doesn't even come out until tomorrow, right? So I'm guessing it's Monday.

Anyone seen any reviews for this yet? Nothing on ign.com yet. Usually they will compare the PS2-XBOX-Cube versions for these types of games.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']will best buy price match frys? Then use gamer gift card for 24.99? That would rock. Plus they have a five dollar off coupon at best buy so that 20.00?

Anyone confirm this?[/quote]

1) There are no Fry's stores in or near Gainesville, GA (presumably that is where you intend to make your purchase), so you are unlikely to get a pricematch.

2) Most Best Buys will not allow "double-dipping", so no GGC coupon on a price match anyway. Some people have been lucky enough to get around this, but that is the exception, rather than the rule.

3) Regarding using the BB coupon that is specifically for Spiderman plus using the GGC coupon, see #2.

This does not mean you aren't welcome to try, just don't expect it to work. Personally, I will be happy if BB allows the $5 Spiderman coupon + $15 GC by mail.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']will best buy price match frys? Then use gamer gift card for 24.99? That would rock. Plus they have a five dollar off coupon at best buy so that 20.00?

Anyone confirm this?[/quote]You're not supposed to be able to combine coupons or combine a coupon with a PM. You should be able to get it at $30 at BB but probaly not $20. Unless you can find the right employee. :wink:

the spiderman 2 game is street dated for tuesday june 29th....so if frys sells it tomorrow (monday) they would be breaking street date. On the other hand that is one hell of a deal, I hope its for the xbox version too because I would rather have it for xbox.

Some stores have already broken the street date.

And there's no reviews cause Sony doesn't want any review copies coming out before the movie's release. They want to keep the plot concealed until the movie's release. No publications receieved any review code for the game

street date for spiderman 2 is 6/28

My friend got an email from his whole seller a week ago and that he can order the game but can't sell it until the 28th

BTW, the street date for the game is 6/29, one day before the movie comes out. It even says so on the commercials so I dont know why people think otherwise.

sell date for game is 6-28 movie 29 th ( was the 2nd then 30th now commercails on tv saying 29th Probily at midnight so 30th techincally)

[quote name='jrutz']All I can say is...WHY WHY WHY!?!? #-o No Fry's in NYC... :(

Jeremy[/quote]

I have the same problem, but I checked out their site and it just happens to be on sale also - just not for $30. It's $35, plus shipping, making it around $40. Still better than paying retail tho.

Yeah, I'd like to know how much the GC version will cost.

I just watched Spiderman last night, so I'm itchin for some web-slingin' action...

One word of warning here.. they did not release any review versions of the game before street date. Thats almost always a terrible sign. I understand they say its to keep from letting the movie's plot out ahead of time.. but I'd just steer clear until I see a review.

Bah, the game is great. The review code thing is because the game is closely affliliated with the movie, and you would be surprised at how protective the industry can be on a movie's storyline. The game is NOT crap, trust me...

[quote name='Cornfedwb']One word of warning here.. they did not release any review versions of the game before street date. Thats almost always a terrible sign. I understand they say its to keep from letting the movie's plot out ahead of time.. but I'd just steer clear until I see a review.[/quote]If that would be the case you could just get a copy and return it if it gets bad reviews as long as it isn't opened. I sold the first Spider Man a month ago for $10 so I might get this if I can find a good deal on the Xbox version.

[quote name='6669']Anyone know if the Xbox version will have an exclusive level like the first one?[/quote]
This game is more like GTA then the first Spider-Man game. There are no levels, just missions around the city.

After EB trade-ins from the trade-in 3 get an extra 10 and the pre-order trade-in 2 get $20 towards spider-man 2 I got my Gamecube copy for $14.94 after tax.

seems like fry's is holding back on the other console versions..
I called and they didnt have any of em in except ps2 versions

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Has anyone gone to get it yet? If so, can you tell me how much the Xbox version is...... :D[/quote]

Check out teamxbox.com in thee forums. Some people got it early in there....one even posted videos for it....and damn does web-slinging look awesome

[quote name='Kaijufan'][quote name='6669']Anyone know if the Xbox version will have an exclusive level like the first one?[/quote]
This game is more like GTA then the first Spider-Man game. There are no levels, just missions around the city.[/quote]

So it's Grand Theft Spiderman? Kick the bad guy until he drops cash. Hey even Peter Parker needs money. :lol:

[quote name='jkam']After EB trade-ins from the trade-in 3 get an extra 10 and the pre-order trade-in 2 get $20 towards spider-man 2 I got my Gamecube copy for $14.94 after tax.[/quote]

If I am reading this correctly, you traded in 5 games AND paid $14.94? That seems a bit much, depending on the games you traded.

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='jkam']After EB trade-ins from the trade-in 3 get an extra 10 and the pre-order trade-in 2 get $20 towards spider-man 2 I got my Gamecube copy for $14.94 after tax.[/quote]

If I am reading this correctly, you traded in 5 games AND paid $14.94? That seems a bit much, depending on the games you traded.[/quote]

When you look at it that way it seems a bit much but it works out to trading what you don't want and what you got for dirt cheap to save on a game you want.

I have a question about this. If I bring in the ad with me tomorrow to CC, will they price match Fry's price plus give me the $10 gift card?

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Has anyone gone to get it yet? If so, can you tell me how much the Xbox version is...... :D[/quote]

i just came from the frys in fremont, ca.....no xbox version available nor was there any sale signs for the item, so i will assume 50 dollars....but the deal is good until tomorow night.

okay...fry's sells out of sales like this in record time (hell, even games like sonic DX which were so-so sold out within the first day when the price was dropped to $12). so do you think that they will be doing rain checks on this? some times they don't when stuff gets this cheep. it doesn't say anything in that pic about no rain checks so i guess they will...but every now and then they put "no rain checks on..." somewhere really small on the ad and then you're screwed? so does it say no rain checks any where?...

[quote name='laparka72']Can anyone please verify how much the xbox version is?
I saw the ad but no mention of xbox version[/quote]

yeah can anyone confirm if the xbox version is also $29.99?

yeah, only ps2 version. I just got back from my Fry;s (Houston) and that was the deal...but still there are ways to get other versions for the same price...return at walmart...

You're gonna need to price match it today or hope they'll advertise the deal again this week. I think the price is only good till today according to the ad

Also, IGN gave the game a 9.0 rating

I picked this up at BB with a pricematch, and they let me use my GGC. I guess I got lucky. :) It plays very much like GTA-Spiderman.

bread's done
Back