FREE Video Games Tournament --> April 29 @ 6PM - Northern Cali area - Updated 4-29!

dman1869

CAGiversary!
Feedback
85 (100%)
This will be a FREE entry tournament since sacgaming is a non-profit organization. There WILL be no cash prizes handed out. Since there is no entry fee, please, if anyone can bring anything that is gaming related to give away, i.e. t-shirts, sweatshirts, posters, and maybe even a game, please gather it up. Items in new condition would be preferable. Also, if you know of any local mom and pop restaurnats that would like free advertising for catering the event then please inform them. Thanks for reading, and I'll update periodically.

If anyone has any ?'s or donations for prizes please e-mail me at [email protected] or PM/post here.

This message has been CheapyD approved. Thanks, dman.

EDIT: This will be a FREE tournnament! Okay, here it is. April 29th @ 6PM at the residence of the owner of sacgaming.org. Go the link below to register with sacgaming.org and add geminate to your My Space friends list for more detailed info. Right now we are definitely having Soul Calibur 3 and Mario Kart: Double Dash in the roster of games to play. However, I am a huge Street Fighter nut, and we will most likely also have some other fighting games, which include: Capcom vs SNK 2, Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike, Marvel vs Capcom 2, and Super Smash Bros. The owner said we can have any of these games, as long as there is a demand for them. So make sure you RSVP and sacgaming.org and tell us what u want to play.

BTW, there will be free sodas and snacks, not too mention an 80", and we will also be having gameplay on a 200" big screen TV!

http://www.sacgaming.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=115

i might be up for it, though i think it's a 2 hour drive away from me.. i've got a bunch of friends that play mainly 3s, though we hardly ever touch ssbm and mkd.

It's too bad events such as these are never organized where I have relocated to. As much as I hate the West Coast sometimes, this is one of the things I most miss from the area.

[quote name='Pijaibros']It's too bad events such as these are never organized where I have relocated to. As much as I hate the West Coast sometimes, this is one of the things I most miss from the area.[/QUOTE]

How could u hate the West Coast? "West side, 'cause you and I know it's the best side." :D With all the natural disasters and crazy weather going on, California is looking pretty good right now. Although (knock on wood) we're probably due for an earthquake in a couple of years. And I hear what you're saying about competition in a small town. That's why I think Xbox Live is the best thing to happen to gaming since the NES.

And to kristianator, I believe it is about a 2 hour drive almost exactly from San Francisco if that's where you're by. I'm also more into 3rd Stirke than Smash and Mortal Kombat but I thought we could use some variety. Hit me up on live sometime. My gamertag for now is shrtoldman54.

I originally grew up in Watts so you have to understand why I wasn't a big fan of my area. Thankfully when I fled the state (college is always a great excuse) and relieved my family of the burden of supporting me, their situation has much improved. I still refuse to go back home since in my corner of LA nobody really plays fighting games and I feel real ancient beating the local kids at the comic shop nearby my parent's new home.

The city also feels like a giant high school when I travel around it. Everybody has their own clique. The car buffs, the jocks, the gangsters, the stoners, etc. I figured that nonsense stopped at high school, but it seems to extend past it in So Cal. It makes meeting new people difficult.

Nobody really played fighters or any twitch games at a level I can relate to during my youth. Oddly enough the people I did hang with played games because my feverish devotion to them rubbed off on them. Once I left, that activity dwindled and turned to booze and the usual stuff. They are still amazed at how I can still happily play games that aren't Halo, GTA, or Madden.

Live is fine until I can't parry properly becasue of a hiccup in my connection. Also since I don't use the mic much, it does lend a touch of isolation sometimes when you're fighting your 20th Ken/Chun-Li match and everyone just abuses Ken's jumping forward and Chun-Li's super pokes.

Don't take that statement of me being any good at 3rd strike. It just means I can use all six buttons with a semblance of proficiency. Though I would kill to see competitive Smash Bros. I've always wanted to see what and how top folks play as.

Oh ya, sorry for derailing the thread some. Um, my Xbox account just expired so if anyone can point me to the least expensive way to get back on I'd gladly meet any of you for online 3rd strike. I still wish to go to a fighting tourney, it's been over 7 years since I've participated or gone to one.

Oh, yeah Watts isn't the greatest area. I was born in East LA and luckily my mom and I moved up to Northern Cali before I started to hang out with the wrong crowd. Hit me up sometime on Live. I've got a mean Dudley. :) As for Smash, check out mlgpro.com or smashboards.com to see some good videos on how tournament players play.

I understand all the mindgames and strategies that are employed, but I just want to see it done in person. To be there.

A mean Dudley you say? I hope you can teach me something as well as I tend to favor Dudley as my main character as well. Whenever I get a real Live sub. or hunt down a 2 mo. card.

LET US FIGHT, LIKE GENTLEMAN

[quote name='apokalipze2']Hey dman what's your tag online? I'd like to play you some time on xbl. I use Hugo exclusively so it should be free wins for you:cry:[/QUOTE]

:lol: My Live tag for the next month is shrtoldman54. I've seen a couple people use Hugo pretty well. But for the most part, he's not that great. You need to expand your horizon of character selection. Send me a FR and we'll get some matches in.

I take it that this is in Sacramento and not the Bay Area? Damn. I can't drive 4+ hours for a LAN party, not this time of the year at least.

Yes, CounterSeal, this is pretty much right in the Sacramento area. To be exact it's in Roseville, which is a couple miles north from Sac.

And to vietgurl, we are definitely going to play Mario Kart: Double Dash and we might have some Dance Dance Rev, depending on the demand for it. But yeah, this tourny will probably be dominated by fighting games.

I think I'll be out of town that weekend. Would love to play Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 and Capcom fighting games against a bunch of people.

Good luck with the tourney OP! hopefully it goes well, and the turnout is good, so then you can put on more of these :)

It's too bad you'll be out of town asianx. But it's probably going to be at least a 2 hour drive for u anyway. But if you're in the area for whatever reason, :lol: you're more than welcome to stop by. And that especially goes for any CAG in the 916/530 area code, or whatever area code you're in. I would really like some Street Fighter players to come out and participate in this thing so I won't be alone. :D

It went good. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. We messed around with Smash Bros., but actually had a large tourny bracket setup with Mario Kart: Double Dash. We tried to get in a mini-tourny with Soul Calibur 3 and Capcom vs SNK 2 but we kind of ran out of time and I had to get back to my house to watch the baby since my wife had to work a night shift. Man, time flies when you're having a good time.

And to Firestorm, I knew about the Smash boards but the people who went (excluding myself and my 2 sons) will probably get demolished with people who visit the Smash boards so I didn't advertise it there.

Although I was kind of dissapointed that no one from CAG showed up or even pretended that they were going to show up and didn't.

i would have gone but sacramento is a 2 hour drive for me and you know about gas prices so i can't afford to drive that far.

[quote name='asianxcore']any plans on adding Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 on any future tourney setups? :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we can add any game we want. As long as we have a demand for it and people who want to play actually show up. The group that went to play on Saturday aren't that great at fighters, but they're up for anything. I'm the big fighter guy in the group. The only thing I really play anymore is fighters. I don't have time to go through a GTA game even though I would love to.

And to dude2003, I definitely hear u about driving and gas prices. But maybe someday we'll meet up and I can beat you...er...play u in a game or two. :)

Man I wanted to go to that tourney, but im in South Cali unfortunately. If you ever set up a tourney in South Cali ill be there for sure. :D

Super Smash Bros Brawl Tournament at 12pm in Sacramento,ca on May 17th 2008. !st event at this Pizza place in Downtown. Big space with Plasma Tv and 2 Private room to have a practice session. Play on surround sound and enjoy great Pizza, buffalo wings, and more!. This is only 5$ entry per person and 1st place win CASH PRICE. We will be holding tournament every 2 weeks on Saturday so visit the website to get updates. WWW.inferno916.com ...any question please hit me up on my email [email protected] suggestion on rules or idea will be awesome.

2424 16th st., Sacramento,CA 95818
(Corner of Broadway, across from the old tower records)
- Jackson ( Owner )

bread's done
Back