V for Vendetta

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2006 - 12:34 AM

I just saw the preview for this movie last night before Hostel. It looks awesome and I'm definitely pumped to see it but I cant say I've ever heard of it before (it appears to be derived from a comic book series). Is anyone a fan of this comic or know alot about it? And for those of you that have seen the previews, what are your thoughts and opinions on how the movie will be?

Posted Image

#2 jmcc

jmcc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2006 - 12:43 AM

I'm sure it will be as great as every other Alan Moore movie. Especially with both Wachowskis on board.
Posted Image

#3 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2006 - 12:49 AM

I just saw the preview for this movie last night before Hostel. It looks awesome and I'm definitely pumped to see it but I cant say I've ever heard of it before (it appears to be derived from a comic book series). Is anyone a fan of this comic or know alot about it? And for those of you that have seen the previews, what are your thoughts and opinions on how the movie will be?

Do yourself a favor. Go out and buy the graphic novel. Now. It is seriously top-notch stuff.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#4 nickmad

nickmad

Electric Wizard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2006 - 12:57 AM

Do yourself a favor. Go out and buy the graphic novel. Now. It is seriously top-notch stuff.

V is absolutley top notch. Alan Moore is a master.

And while your out, buy a couple 100 Bullets graphic novels.
http://card.mygamerc...nxe/nickm5.pngg

I want your PS3 Games and Blu Ray movies
Trade List

#5 jmcc

jmcc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2006 - 01:15 AM

I'd assume Watchmen would be right next to V, making the proper purchase that much easier.
Posted Image

#6 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2006 - 01:16 AM

I'd assume Watchmen would be right next to V, making the proper purchase that much easier.

Unless they arrange graphic novels according to title or character (ie all Batman books together, etc.)

logo.png

#7 jaykrue

jaykrue

Professor Of Pimpology

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2006 - 01:28 AM

I'm sure it will be as great as every other Alan Moore movie. Especially with both Wachowskis on board.

Eh.... Well, truth be told, few (if any) of the movies based on Alan Moore's work had his explicit approval. IIRC, when League of Extraordinary Gentlemen was being made, Moore said he specifically did not want any part of it. I don't know about From Hell though. And I remember there was a bit of drama w/ the exec producer & Moore concerning Moore's endorsement. If Watchmen gets made, I hope to any deity out there that Uwe Boll doesn't get his grubby lil mitts on it.:cry:
My new fave anime: Lucky Star

Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Prostitution is a combination of sex & free enterprise. Which of those are you opposed to? -SensibleErection

I don't date women with more than zero children -jaykrue

#8 jmcc

jmcc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2006 - 01:28 AM

Unless they arrange graphic novels according to title or character (ie all Batman books together, etc.)

Even by title, how many other "v" titles are there?
Posted Image

#9 jmcc

jmcc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2006 - 01:30 AM

Eh.... Well, truth be told, few (if any) of the movies based on Alan Moore's work had his explicit approval. IIRC, when League of Extraordinary Gentlemen was being made, Moore said he specifically did not want any part of it. I don't know about From Hell though. And I remember there was a bit of drama w/ the exec producer & Moore concerning Moore's endorsement. If Watchmen gets made, I hope to any deity out there that Uwe Boll doesn't get his grubby lil mitts on it.:cry:

Oh, I'm aware. I was being quite sarcastic. On a related note, though, I wonder if the one Wachowski brother has finished up becoming a woman yet.
Posted Image

#10 Reality's Fringe

Reality's Fringe

Goes sex for pussy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2006 - 01:31 AM

You're right, he's vocal about not supporting any of the movies based on his work. I remember him saying the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen would suck, and lo, it did. He's already distanced hiself from this one too, and considering what the Wachowski...siblings... did with the Matric, I'm quite pensive about the whole thing.
http://artthoubored.ytmnd.com/

http://snapintotehslimjim.ytmnd.com/

I had one last summer. I was asleep for it so I have no recollection of anything being up my ass.

#11 jaykrue

jaykrue

Professor Of Pimpology

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2006 - 01:33 AM

Oh, I'm aware. I was being quite sarcastic. On a related note, though, I wonder if the one Wachowski brother has finished up becoming a woman yet.

Hehe. Sorry, sarcasm is difficult to read when there's no voice to go w/ it. :lol:
My new fave anime: Lucky Star

Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Prostitution is a combination of sex & free enterprise. Which of those are you opposed to? -SensibleErection

I don't date women with more than zero children -jaykrue

#12 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2006 - 01:38 AM

Well, there's...ummm...hmmm... Yeah, you're right.

logo.png

#13 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2006 - 01:43 AM

Well there's the new new series, "Very Superman", he's 20% more indestructable.

Guardian_owl.png

#14 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2006 - 01:45 AM

Well there's the new new series, "Very Superman", he's 20% more indestructable.

Plus, have you ever visited a Barnes and Noble graphic novel section? I worked there for a while, and let me tell you, no one give a shit what order the graphic novels are in, so long as they're on the shelf.

logo.png

#15 bluetoast

bluetoast

Posted 12 January 2006 - 03:17 AM

The movie got great reviews over on Aint it Cool News. Apparently the only Alan Moore adaptation that hasn't been messed up, even though he disapproved of it.

#16 Ledhed

Ledhed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2006 - 04:04 AM

Lose the "is" in the title, silly.

#17 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2006 - 04:53 AM

Lose the "is" in the title, silly.

Damn lazy mods.

#18 I AM WILLIAM H. MACY

I AM WILLIAM H. MACY

William "Hog" Macy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2006 - 04:55 AM

D for Def Jam

#19 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2006 - 03:49 PM

Well I saw the preview again before Underworld and I cant wait anymore. I've decided to get one of the novels. Which should I start with? (keep in mind I know nothing of this story) :

http://www.amazon.co...=v for vendetta

Posted Image

#20 Ledhed

Ledhed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2006 - 05:10 PM

Well I saw the preview again before Underworld and I cant wait anymore. I've decided to get one of the novels. Which should I start with?

I think you should start with the first and only one.

#21 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2006 - 01:18 AM

I just wanted to thank everyone for the recommendation and to recommend to anyone who hasnt gotten it yet to check it out. The movie is gonna be awesome but something tells me it wont trump the novel.

Also, can anyone recommend any more good graphic novels?

Posted Image

#22 Duo_Maxwell

Duo_Maxwell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2006 - 01:35 AM

Like more Alan Moore stuff or just in general? Do you have certain tastes in comics or are you open to just about anything?

#23 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2006 - 01:45 AM

Doesnt need to be Alan Moore. I'm open to anything. And I dont really have a taste in comics.

Posted Image

#24 megashock5

megashock5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2006 - 02:59 AM

I just wanted to thank everyone for the recommendation and to recommend to anyone who hasnt gotten it yet to check it out. The movie is gonna be awesome but something tells me it wont trump the novel.

Which ones have you read already?

Any of Neil Gaiman's Sandman stories are good. And everyone needs to read Frank Miller's 'The Dark Knight Returns' before they die. There's also J.O'Barr's 'The Crow' and I personally enjoyed Kevin Smith's Daredevil storyarch, which is out in trade paperback.
Posted Image

"Nothing's impossible except for dinosaurs"

Game CollectionMusic CollectionMy Original Music

#25 nickmad

nickmad

Electric Wizard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2006 - 03:00 AM

Doesnt need to be Alan Moore. I'm open to anything. And I dont really have a taste in comics.

i suggest picking up some 100 Bullets graphic novels. AMAZING!
batman: the long halloween is also very good.
http://card.mygamerc...nxe/nickm5.pngg

I want your PS3 Games and Blu Ray movies
Trade List