Photo
- - - - -

2006 Super Bowl Champions Pittsburgh Steelers AKA Official NFL Discussion Thread #4

• Please log in to reply
352 replies to this topic

#331 Ikohn4ever

Ikohn4ever

No Women, No Children

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2006 - 11:44 PM

Posted Image

dude that not even the football u have crossing the goal, since when does a football have a solid white rectangle with scribbles in it. That is most likely his wrist band from his right arm
"Men have become the tools of their tools." - Thoreau
Smash Code
1805-1831-0940 Ikohn
Posted ImagePosted Image DVDs My Games

#332 ph33r m3

ph33r m3

C.A.G. Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2006 - 11:46 PM

Wait, where the Fuck is the football?
Posted Image

#333 Ikohn4ever

Ikohn4ever

No Women, No Children

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2006 - 11:58 PM

this isnt a good pic to show if it crossed the line but it disproves the above posted pic, he kept the ball tucked under him the whole time until the play was over and then he stretched out. So that cute little line you drew is null and void.

Posted Image
Smash Code
1805-1831-0940 Ikohn

#334 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2006 - 01:43 AM

this isnt a good pic to show if it crossed the line but it disproves the above posted pic, he kept the ball tucked under him the whole time until the play was over and then he stretched out. So that cute little line you drew is null and void.

The ball just has to cross the plane of the goal line. It doesn't matter where he ends up when he lands. Your entire body can be out of bounds in the air but if the ball breaks the plane before you land it's a TD. I don't think anyone will dispute that the ball was NOT across the goal line when Ben landed but it is too close to call whether or not he got it in prior to landing. The call on the field has to stand.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#335 DJSteel

DJSteel

Posted 08 February 2006 - 12:48 PM

dude that not even the football u have crossing the goal, since when does a football have a solid white rectangle with scribbles in it. That is most likely his wrist band from his right arm

it's just above the wristband...the brown thing
Posted ImagePosted Image
Mario kart Wii Code - 4597-0827-2394

#336 Ikohn4ever

Ikohn4ever

No Women, No Children

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2006 - 01:28 PM

it's just above the wristband...the brown thing

thats his arm unless that magically vanished, a good spot for the ball is behind the black which is his glove, because he kept that tucked under his body till after the play was over
Smash Code
1805-1831-0940 Ikohn

#337 DJSteel

DJSteel

Posted 08 February 2006 - 01:36 PM

thats his arm unless that magically vanished, a good spot for the ball is behind the black which is his glove, because he kept that tucked under his body till after the play was over

no because when he got hit in the shoulder the ball moved backwards... he was over...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#338 Ikohn4ever

Ikohn4ever

No Women, No Children

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2006 - 01:38 PM

no because when he got hit in the shoulder the ball moved backwards... he was over...

u arent goin to convince me I am not goin to convince you, I am fine with that
Smash Code
1805-1831-0940 Ikohn

#339 DJSteel

DJSteel

Posted 08 February 2006 - 01:55 PM

me too.. I saw the replays and I agree with the call.. either it was TD because he was over the line or the play stands because there wasn't 100% definite proof that it wasn't
Posted ImagePosted Image

#340 PittsburghAfterDark

PittsburghAfterDark

Registered Sex Offender

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2006 - 02:02 PM

They awarded the trophy, they sent the MVP to Disney World, they had the parade.

It's over.

No amount of "OMG WE'Z WUZ ROBBED TEH REFS R TEH SUCK!" is going to win this game for Seattle.

The NFL said there were no errors on the officiating.

STFU and deal with the outcome.
What do you call a religion where people believe if they murder non-believers they get to rape 72 virgins?

#341 niceguyshawne

niceguyshawne

Hardcore since '74

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2006 - 02:14 PM

They awarded the trophy, they sent the MVP to Disney World, they had the parade.

It's over.

No amount of "OMG WE'Z WUZ ROBBED TEH REFS R TEH SUCK!" is going to win this game for Seattle.

The NFL said there were no errors on the officiating.

STFU and deal with the outcome.

What do you know, PAD and I agree on something!

It was more than just bad officiating that lost this game for Seattle.

#342 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 08 February 2006 - 04:06 PM

Kornheiser, Tirico, and Theissman are going to be the team that calls MNF this season.

They are also going to take PTI on the road this season on monday's. I think they are doing this because if Wilbon became the main commentator, Kornheiser would never leave the studio (where as Wilbon has no problem traveling to see a game)

Posted Image

#343 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2006 - 06:08 PM

Kornheiser, Tirico, and Theissman are going to be the team that calls MNF this season.

They are also going to take PTI on the road this season on monday's. I think they are doing this because if Wilbon became the main commentator, Kornheiser would never leave the studio (where as Wilbon has no problem traveling to see a game)

:shock: I'd watch MNF now just for Kornheiser. It's nice to see that he'll get out of the studio at least once a week for PTI.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#344 DJSteel

DJSteel

Posted 08 February 2006 - 06:32 PM

http://pg.photos.yah...re2.jpg&.src=ph

here are some pics on some of the occurances from the SB XL... you decide what is right and wrong...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#345 greendj27

greendj27

MMMMMM....Turkey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2006 - 06:41 PM

http://pg.photos.yah...re2.jpg&.src=ph

here are some pics on some of the occurances from the SB XL... you decide what is right and wrong...

Umm...so you post a guy who only shows pictures of negative things about Seattle, including some pictures that are misleading. LIke the ones where Hassleback got called for a penalty tackling the ball carrier after his pic but the photos zoom in on a Seattle guy pushing a Pittsburgh guy out of the way. Which, by the way, is not illegal since that guy was impeding his path to the ballcarrier. It's not a block in the back if the guy isn't blocking ;)

#346 DJSteel

DJSteel

Posted 08 February 2006 - 06:46 PM

Umm...so you post a guy who only shows pictures of negative things about Seattle, including some pictures that are misleading. LIke the ones where Hassleback got called for a penalty tackling the ball carrier after his pic but the photos zoom in on a Seattle guy pushing a Pittsburgh guy out of the way. Which, by the way, is not illegal since that guy was impeding his path to the ballcarrier. It's not a block in the back if the guy isn't blocking ;)

actually I'm proving that not all the calls went Pgh's way...The Hasselbeck call is judgemental it could have went either way and he wasn't blocking in the back..he was called for a low block. You can't go through a blocker low. The Steelers were called for the same exact thing against the Colts on MNF
Posted ImagePosted Image

#347 greendj27

greendj27

MMMMMM....Turkey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2006 - 06:51 PM

actually I'm proving that not all the calls went Pgh's way...The Hasselbeck call is judgemental it could have went either way and he wasn't blocking in the back..he was called for a low block. You can't go through a blocker low. The Steelers were called for the same exact thing against the Colts on MNF

That's what I am saying, the penalty on Hassleback was ridiculous. In no way was that a low block since he got the ball carrier first. You can see he never touched that blocker in those pics (pic 21). I can agree that the TD by Roethlisburger was a judgement call. It's too hard to tell if he made it or not to reverse it, but the Hassleback penalty is an obvious mistake.

I guess it doesn't mean that you were thinking it, but the guy posting those pictures seems obsessed with zooming in on the Seattle defender pushing the Steeler out of the way on that play.

#348 DJSteel

DJSteel

Posted 08 February 2006 - 07:03 PM

That's what I am saying, the penalty on Hassleback was ridiculous. In no way was that a low block since he got the ball carrier first. You can see he never touched that blocker in those pics. I can agree that the TD by Roethlisburger was a judgement call. It's too hard to tell if he made it or not to reverse it, but the Hassleback penalty is an obvious mistake.

I guess it doesn't mean that you were thinking it, but the guy posting those pictures seems obsessed with zooming in on the Seattle defender pushing the Steeler out of the way on that play.

no I agree that was a tough fricking call to make.. I don't know what angle the ref had on the play to say it was a horrible call...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#349 ph33r m3

ph33r m3

C.A.G. Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2006 - 11:09 PM

If you want to know what it's like to live in Washington this past week here you go, I find it fucking hilarious.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#350 hopesfall

hopesfall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2006 - 11:38 PM

If you want to know what it's like to live in Washington this past week here you go, I find it fucking hilarious.
Posted Image

Where do you live, by the way?

#351 ph33r m3

ph33r m3

C.A.G. Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2006 - 01:02 AM

Where do you live, by the way?

Recently moved to Gig Harbor, WA.
Posted Image

#352 zionoverfire

zionoverfire

Posted 09 February 2006 - 01:07 AM

Recently moved to Gig Harbor, WA.

So do you have the Seahawks even more now that it's all over?:D

#353 ph33r m3

ph33r m3

C.A.G. Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2006 - 01:20 AM

It's still I hear it all the time, theirs this idiot on the radio called BJ Shea, basically imagine Howard Stern's bastard little brother, everyone on the show sounds like everyone from Howard Stern's show.

"Officials...blah blah blah" "Go Seahawks! Coming back next year!"
Posted Image