Delaware?

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#31 philamark

philamark

sudoku addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2006 - 01:01 AM

Here's a fun fact about DE. In the DC Universe, Metropolis is offciially in the Stat of Delaware. In fact, it's Wilmington. :)

Metropolis is actually shown to be just about where Lewes, DE is located.
Gotham City is located in Southern Cape May County right near Wildwood, NJ.

http://www.karridian.net/dcusa_ne.html

#32 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 23 November 2006 - 04:37 AM

Anyone going to the Christiana Mall for the 3 AM opening friday? I'll be there :) Gotta get some shopping done and they'll have good deals early. Then I'll head out to best buy, cc and the like.

And yes, all by the Fucking DART Buses. :(

#33 BigBen

BigBen

Samurai Shodown fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2006 - 04:00 PM

Bear, DE. I think Admiral Ackbar and I have passed each other a few times lol when getting a few hot deals.

#34 BigBen

BigBen

Samurai Shodown fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2006 - 04:25 PM

FYI - I saw 2 PS3 60gb bundles at Costco last night as they were closing. They were in the "cage" where they keep everything so I don't think that people knew they were available.

#35 Superstar7

Superstar7

This was all inspired by a little Tina Fey and Chardonnay

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2006 - 09:07 PM

I can't stand the EB Games staff. I got my revenge by returning a used accessory I had, got full refund price, and bought another case for my PSP. Sweet. That's how slow some of them are. The only place I really buy games from is Best Buy nowadays, unless I want an older title.

#36 BigBen

BigBen

Samurai Shodown fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2007 - 05:44 PM

FYI, TRU in Christiana has Wii Nunchucks and Classic Controllers in stock, no Wii Remotes however :(

#37 Superstar7

Superstar7

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2007 - 01:40 PM

We won't be seeing Wii Remotes for a good while, thanks to everyone who bought a system on 1/21 and snatched up all the accessories. Including me.

#38 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 01 February 2007 - 06:52 PM

The TRU in Christiana...

Is that near Borders? I was going to go there during the clearance sale but never really got a good chance to go.

#39 Superstar7

Superstar7

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2007 - 12:23 PM

Yes, the TRU is near Borders. What clearance sale are you talking about?

#40 Porscheboy16

Porscheboy16

Posted 02 February 2007 - 06:03 PM

Live in Newark, went to school at UD and continuing my studies at UD right now.

#41 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2007 - 02:04 AM

The TRU in Christiana...

Is that near Borders? I was going to go there during the clearance sale but never really got a good chance to go.

There are actually some good clearance games left there still. I was able to get a Godfather CE for $9.98 and I saw at least 3 more Atelier Iris 2's for $9.98. They also still had a bunch of Samurai Champloo ($9.98) and The Tower SP ($9.98). I was quite surprised with the amount of clearance stuff they still had left.

#42 Superstar7

Superstar7

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2007 - 12:43 PM

Sounds like I have to make a trip over there this weekend. I haven't been there since November.

#43 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 11 February 2007 - 05:30 PM

Has anyone been to the CC near Christiana Mall?

I've been in there 3 of the 4 past days trying to get CoD2: GoTY edition at 13.56. They've never had it.

I'm wondering if any of you had gotten it.

:/

#44 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2007 - 12:36 AM

Has anyone been to the CC near Christiana Mall?

I've been in there 3 of the 4 past days trying to get CoD2: GoTY edition at 13.56. They've never had it.

I'm wondering if any of you had gotten it.

:/

I was actually at that CC a couple of times in the last two weeks. The only things I managed to get were a Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max (PSP) for $13.56 and a Super Monkey Ball Adventure (GC) for $15.99 - both prices after the 20% off for the weekly sale. I don't believe I saw any Call of Duty 2's in stock.

#45 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:37 PM

I was actually at that CC a couple of times in the last two weeks. The only things I managed to get were a Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max (PSP) for $13.56 and a Super Monkey Ball Adventure (GC) for $15.99 - both prices after the 20% off for the weekly sale. I don't believe I saw any Call of Duty 2's in stock.

Well if you or anyone else here manages to see Call of Duty 2 in stock for the bargain price, let me know!

I haven't had a chance to go since I posted and probably won't for a good while. I might be able to go wed. depending on how much snow we get, if we even get any.

#46 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 15 April 2007 - 11:10 PM

I wish an indepent game store would open near here :(

I'm tired of going to CC, BB, or EB Games. I have no other stores near me.

#47 brainmunch

brainmunch

munches brains

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2007 - 03:06 AM

I spent a good chunk of my younger years, 1990-97 in Newark, and currently live in Jersey. My videogame memories revolved around two stores on Kirkwood Highway, the old Funcoland near the Lowes/A.C. Moore shopping center.

The second was owned by my friend's uncle in the early 90s in the Sears shopping center near the Cranston Heights Fire Co (On a side note, my Uncle is the President of CHFC).
Currently Playing:
PC: Team Fortress 2, CounterStrike: Source || DS: Ninjatown, N+
360: Marble Blast: Ultra, Left4Dead, Fallout 3 || Wii: Mega Man 9

#48 BigBen

BigBen

Samurai Shodown fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2007 - 04:50 PM

Costco at Christiana has Wii bundles in stock as of noon today. There were about 7 bundles left when I was there.

Bundle includes:

Wii
Extra Controller
Zelda

for $329.99, plus the excellent Costco return policy :)

#49 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 09 May 2007 - 12:47 PM

Do they have any Tony Hawk games there by any chance?

I'm probably gonna head up today to see, but if someone already knows that would be great.

#50 Superstar7

Superstar7

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2007 - 11:16 PM

I'm tired of going to CC, BB, or EB Games. I have no other stores near me.

I don't think you'd WANT to check out any of the independent game stores in the area. There is one in New Castle's University Plaza and it's prices are ridiculous. At the New Castle Farmer's Market, there is a small video games store that sells games well over retail. The only half decent seller is a vendor at Newark Farmer's Market but I haven't seen him in a while. His game prices were decent, slightly above EB/GS, and he had a few rare titles. Those are the only independent game stores in the area I know of.

#51 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2007 - 02:45 PM

I don't think you'd WANT to check out any of the independent game stores in the area. There is one in New Castle's University Plaza and it's prices are ridiculous. At the New Castle Farmer's Market, there is a small video games store that sells games well over retail. The only half decent seller is a vendor at Newark Farmer's Market but I haven't seen him in a while. His game prices were decent, slightly above EB/GS, and he had a few rare titles. Those are the only independent game stores in the area I know of.

Man, I hate that one at the New Castle Farmer's Market. That older woman that runs the store has to be the most unfriendly, angriest bitch that I've ever seen at a game store. The only reason they haven't gone under is all the movies they now sell (in place of games). At one time they actually used to be pretty good in game selection too.

I've actually had some good finds at the outdoor vendors there. I scored a complete Suikoden 2 for $12.99 a few years ago and just last year landed a complete/mint Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast (GC) for under $10.

#52 Desslok

Desslok

Jetty-Fishin' N 16-Bitin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2007 - 12:42 AM

Joesf knows whats he's talking about. The Fleamarket at the farmers market has alot of good game titles for cheap, just gotta take some time and look around. The one inside the farmer's market blows, unless ya know someone who steals and want some crappy regular nintendo games.

#53 dwhelan

dwhelan

Posted 02 June 2007 - 05:58 AM

I am back in Delaware now permanently, and I was wondering if you guys could give me a heads up on whats going on around here. Is there any U of D competitions? Any gaming clubs or bars? Just looking to expand the social life with my interests.

I did not go to school around here and I have been dealing with business issues, so I am not familar with the DE stuff anymore. Any help is appreciated

(P.S. the whole state is open, or surrounding states, but I am from Newark.)

#54 CrimGhost

CrimGhost

Posted 02 June 2007 - 02:06 PM

Ah Delaware. I was reminiscing about when I lived in Newark. I would go to that store Days of Knights a lot back when I was into MTG and Pokemon cards. There was another card store in Newark, I think the shopping center had a burlington coat factory and an Acme. As for video games, I remember going to the Farmers Market, EB at the Christiana Mall(is there still 2 EB's there?), some store called Microplay or something, TRU, and Sears(back when they sold video games, good times). Haha I remember when that Best Buy opened, bought a lot of Playstation 1 games there back in the day. I remember the TRU always had a good selection of Gameboy games, a lot of older titles too. I should head back to Newark one day, visit the Farmers Market and see some old friends.
Posted Image

#55 Superstar7

Superstar7

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2007 - 10:04 PM

Man, I hate that one at the New Castle Farmer's Market. That older woman that runs the store has to be the most unfriendly, angriest bitch that I've ever seen at a game store. The only reason they haven't gone under is all the movies they now sell (in place of games). At one time they actually used to be pretty good in game selection too.

I've actually had some good finds at the outdoor vendors there. I scored a complete Suikoden 2 for $12.99 a few years ago and just last year landed a complete/mint Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast (GC) for under $10.

LOL, you know EXACTLY who I was talking about. I'm done dealing with her. The outdoor dealers are far better, and if you search really well, they have some "exclusives" here and there.
I went to Cowtown recently. (Yes, I know it's Jersey, but it's close to the bridge, so THERE!) Someone had a lot of sealed games, for PS2, GC, and X360, @ 3 for $25, but with all the counterfeiting and bootlegging that seems to have taken over a once respectable flea market, I passed on that one, even though the games looked real. They were really great games, including Saint's Row and Elder Scrolls Oblivion.

#56 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 18 July 2007 - 07:23 PM

Hey guys, don't know how many of you noticed this thread made in the General Gaming forum. bingbangboom, a forum member here, is planning on opening a game store right here in Delaware, New Castle County. It'll be a Play N' Trade franchised store. Maybe you can check out the thread and give him some ideas since we could all be some of his customers.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=135361

#57 bingbangboom

bingbangboom

Posted 19 July 2007 - 01:19 AM

Thanks for the mention, Yeah I am working on bringing a new videogame store in the area.

#58 mhsy2a

mhsy2a

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:33 PM

A Play N Trade actually opened up in Middletown maybe a month or two ago. The staff there are all really nice, and the whole concept behind the store where you can play any game they have in stock is cool.

#59 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2007 - 03:19 PM

Anyone else notice the new Gamestop that is opening on the corner of Naamans Rd and RTE 202? What does that make it, 4 Gamestops in a five mile radius now? It's a good thing bingbangboom doesn't plan on opening his game store in that area - there is way too much competition.

#60 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2007 - 04:39 PM

Anyone else notice the new Gamestop that is opening on the corner of Naamans Rd and RTE 202? What does that make it, 4 Gamestops in a five mile radius now? It's a good thing bingbangboom doesn't plan on opening his game store in that area - there is way too much competition.

I had a chance to visit this store this week. It's actually the best Gamestop in the area. It's very roomy (not cramped like the usual Gamestops) and is very bright and clean inside. Plus the employees are cool (at least on the day I went there).