Go Seahawks!

y2kenjination

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
I understand that there's already a football thread in the lifestyle forum, but I thought us fellow NWer's should celebrate. I've been a diehard Seahawks fan ever since I was a kid, so it's great to see them make it into the Super Bowl for the very first time. Definitely my happiest moment in Seattle sports history.

But what's with all this Seattle hate? Everyone's been doubting us ever since the playoffs started. They said the Panthers would win, but look what happened. When the Panthers got by Chicago's #1 defense, everyone gave them praise. But after Seattle obliberated the Panthers? ABSOLUTELY no respect...even after they won, people are already saying that the Steelers are going to win.

Anyhow, screw them...let's prove them all wrong. Seahawks all the way baby!

[quote name='y2kenjination']I understand that there's already a football thread in the lifestyle forum, but I thought us fellow NWer's should celebrate. I've been a diehard Seahawks fan ever since I was a kid, so it's great to see them make it into the Super Bowl for the very first time. Definitely my happiest moment in Seattle sports history.

But what's with all this Seattle hate? Everyone's been doubting us ever since the playoffs started. They said the Panthers would win, but look what happened. When the Panthers got by Chicago's #1 defense, everyone gave them praise. But after Seattle obliberated the Panthers? ABSOLUTELY no respect...even after they won, people are already saying that the Steelers are going to win.

Anyhow, screw them...let's prove them all wrong. Seahawks all the way baby![/QUOTE]

Terry Bradshaw said in the pregame show the steelers are gonna "wipe out either of these teams!"

Terry Bradshaw has never been known for his great decision making.

Yeah it kinda pisses me off how they're still not getting respect even though they've made it to the Superbowl and have the league's MVP on their team.

Derrr, they have no chance because they're SEATTLE!!!

What retards. ~_~;

[quote name='Quigoni']Yeah it kinda pisses me off how they're still not getting respect even though they've made it to the Superbowl and have the league's MVP on their team.

Derrr, they have no chance because they're SEATTLE!!!

What retards. ~_~;[/QUOTE]

Ya tell me about it. While i do think the Steelers are a good team, I think the Depth on the defensive line for the seahawks is gonna be the factor. The Steelers Rely on wearing the defensive line of the opponent down, but the seahawks have 4 quality guys they can rotate at DT and a good back DE in Joe Tafoya.

All The prelim talk says the hawks will get killed by the steelers because the seahawks struggled against the cowboys 3-4 defense. Look, the hawks had every receiver out for that game, jurvecious played a little but even he was hurt a good portion of that game. Now that they have the tandum of Jackson, engram, jurvecious, and stevens catching, they are money against the blitz. The steelers love to blitz, i think the hawks will give the steelers some huge problems.

yes, go SEAHAWKS! as a Baltimore fan, i want nothing more than for the Steelers to lose...as a football fan, out of all of the playoff teams this year, i wanted either the Broncos or Seahawks to win the Super Bowl

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']yes, go SEAHAWKS! as a Baltimore fan, i want nothing more than for the Steelers to lose...as a football fan, out of all of the playoff teams this year, i wanted either the Broncos or Seahawks to win the Super Bowl[/QUOTE]

What he said kinda, I was rooting for the Panthers. But as a Ravens fan, nothing is sweeter than watching the Steelers lose and Cowher and Better crying like little bitches. Too bad I picked the Seahawks to make the Super Bowl LAST year, not this year...

A few things.....

I still don't the Seahawks are what they're cracked up to be, I still don't think they're the best team in the NFC. They had a SUPER easy schedule, which is not only easier on their players but gave them the best record, which in turn gave them a first round bye and home field advantage throughout the playoffs. They have a HUGE advantage at home with their extremely loud crowd ("The 12th Man"). I'm not saying they're not good, because clearly they are, I just think because their schedule was so damn easy (by no fault of their own, they didn't choose to be in the same division with the 49ers, Rams and Cardinals) and they've been playing tired, injury riddled teams throughout the playoffs.

Second, the Steelers have been incredible throughout the playoffs beating three defenses who I would say are as good, if not better then the Seahawks defense. They've beaten the 3 best teams in the AFC all on the road, in a row

Third, this game isn't going to be in Seattle. It's going to be about as far away from Seattle as possible, which means there are probably going to be a lot more Steeler fans, which takes away that giant home field advantage the Seahawks rely so heavily upon.

Although I'm sure the Steelers are pretty tired they have two whole weeks to rest, and they aren't hampered by any big injuries like the Redskins or Panthers were.

Should be a good game, but I really think the Steelers will win, they're playing some amazing football on the road, and no one deserves it more then the bus.

[quote name='Genocidal']And now, a public service announcement from the City of Cleveland:

fuck the Steelers. Go Seahawks.

Thank you.[/QUOTE]
Best sig evar. Kurt Angle rules :D

Win or lose, I'll still be very proud of my Hawks this season. At least they were able to go over the hump they've been in for years. Anyhow, I hope the Steelers get owned!

go hawks!! I've been waiting for this my whole life... THE HAWKS IN THE SUPERBOWL?!?!
Still can't believe it! AND it's going to be a great game. The whole country is gonna pull for the steelers and Bettis' "coming home" story line. That's great, I love it. Keep focusing on that and let the hawks D sneak up on Big Ben.

Hawks win the turnover battle +2 and hence the game 28-17.

I think it will be a good game. The Steelers have a tough defense with a jarring blitz, but Seattle's D is no slouch, either. Both teams' offenses can go, though I might give an edge to Seattle here. I really hope the Seahawks can pull off their first ever Superbowl appearance with a big win, but even if they don't, it's great to see them finally get there.

For goodness sake Bil you are still underrating the seahawks? I could see the basis of your argument IF the seahawks only won by like 3 against the panthers. But they won by alot more didnt they? Face it, its time to fess up and give them SOME respect already. I respect your redskins for what they did this year. They put together an amazing end of the season run to make it to the second round.

[quote name='bil4ltool']A few things.....

I still don't the Seahawks are what they're cracked up to be, I still don't think they're the best team in the NFC. They had a SUPER easy schedule, which is not only easier on their players but gave them the best record, which in turn gave them a first round bye and home field advantage throughout the playoffs. They have a HUGE advantage at home with their extremely loud crowd ("The 12th Man"). I'm not saying they're not good, because clearly they are, I just think because their schedule was so damn easy (by no fault of their own, they didn't choose to be in the same division with the 49ers, Rams and Cardinals) and they've been playing tired, injury riddled teams throughout the playoffs.

Second, the Steelers have been incredible throughout the playoffs beating three defenses who I would say are as good, if not better then the Seahawks defense. They've beaten the 3 best teams in the AFC all on the road, in a row

Third, this game isn't going to be in Seattle. It's going to be about as far away from Seattle as possible, which means there are probably going to be a lot more Steeler fans, which takes away that giant home field advantage the Seahawks rely so heavily upon.

Although I'm sure the Steelers are pretty tired they have two whole weeks to rest, and they aren't hampered by any big injuries like the Redskins or Panthers were.

Should be a good game, but I really think the Steelers will win, they're playing some amazing football on the road, and no one deserves it more then the bus.[/QUOTE]

Oh and based on this argmument, if theres a lot more steeler fans, that means its a free home game for them. They've been raining the wins in on the road, but since the superbowl will be a free home game, and the steelers arent as good at home. They'll lose then wont they?

[quote name='bil4ltool']A few things.....

Should be a good game, but I really think the Steelers will win, they're playing some amazing football on the road, and no one deserves it more then the bus.[/QUOTE]

Well I'm a Bengals fan and I don't think they even would have beat us if they didnt do that cheap hit on Palmer. The ball was 60+ yards downfield before Carson was hit. We had Kitna in and still only lost by 14... if Palmer had played the whole game, the Steelers may very well have been sitting at home the very next week. That Van Olhofen(spelling?) guy should get the MVP award for the Steelers, after all he pretty much stamped their ticket to the divisional game.

I grew up in the northwest (Tacoma/Lakewood), and I'm in Chicago now, but I am so excited to see the Super Bowl this year. After all those years of being the laughing stock of the NFL...and then the "so-so" years...and the past couple years where we have been good, but not quite good enough...FINALLY they are one step away from winning it all! Skins boy can disrespect them all he wants; he is just mad because his team will be watching the game on TV just like the rest of us. I wish I could be in Pioneer Square on Feb. 5th; it will be INSANE! GO HAWKS!

Although I enjoy and appreciate what the Steelers have done...I still think they are going to win...having said that, I will be rooting for the Seahawks because one of my friends is a hawks fan and he rooted for my PATS the last TWO SB and they won. So I will reply the favor and become a hawks fan for a day just to help root his team on. So GO HAWKS!

Its still hard to imagine to me that the Seahawks are in the Super Bowl. The SEAHAWKS are in the SUPER BOWL! Its good that they made the necessary changes to make it possible as Bob Whitsitt and Koren Robinson HAD to go (but good to hear Koren is doing well with the Vikings). Can you believe that 6 seed Pittsburgh is the favorite over 1 seed Seattle?? Sure they've had an amazing run to beat Denver, Indy, etc..., but really that's a cinderella story, c'mon.

As a fellow North Westerner, all I have to say is....

Here we go Steelers, Here we go!!

(don't get carried away with "seeds", Pittsburgh had a better record than #4 seed New England, and the same as #3 seed Cincinatti)

Haha great thread! I think the key thing that all the announcers/commentators/morons are missing is that the Seahawks have been playing with house money ever since they beat the 'skins. They would like to win, but even if they don't, this team will go down in history in the northwest, just like the 95 & 01 Mariners, etc.. The Seahawks have no pressure, Sean Alexander said he felt like "this is all bonus"..

They are loose and ready to go, they are underdogs (as they want to be), and they're being severely underestimated. Steelers better watch out!!

Even though I'm in Pittsburgh now, I'm kinda half pulling for a Seahawks victory. I don't want my car flipped over. ;_;

\\:D/ Sucka Dick, seahawks! your soft fuckin schedule is the only reason you made it this far(arizona, houston, green bay, san fran, etc.) then you played a one dimesional carolina team in the playoffs. wow, so impressive! steelers are on a seven game win streak and it'll be eight after today. GO STEELERS!!\\:D/

As a diehard Steeler fan, I know I'm sort of trespassing in this thread, but I just want to make one point. This whole "we don't get any respect" thing is so, so SOOOO tiresome. And I don't just mean with Seattle. Both teams have been talking about not getting respect. I'm sick of hearing it from the Steelers, too. "Nobody said a #6 seed could do it...", "Nobody gave us a chance against Carolina..." The worst part is that it's all you'll hear after the game from whichever team wins.

Look, both teams have had great years. I hope the Steelers win, most of you in this thread hope the Seahawks win, but either way, congratulations (and lots of respect) to both teams.

Oh, and the sour grapes from the Bengals, Ravens, and Browns fans? Hilarious! :rofl:

[quote name='Danimal']As a diehard Steeler fan, I know I'm sort of trespassing in this thread, but I just want to make one point. This whole "we don't get any respect" thing is so, so SOOOO tiresome. And I don't just mean with Seattle. Both teams have been talking about not getting respect. I'm sick of hearing it from the Steelers, too. "Nobody said a #6 seed could do it...", "Nobody gave us a chance against Carolina..." The worst part is that it's all you'll hear after the game from whichever team wins.

Look, both teams have had great years. I hope the Steelers win, most of you in this thread hope the Seahawks win, but either way, congratulations (and lots of respect) to both teams.

Oh, and the sour grapes from the Bengals, Ravens, and Browns fans? Hilarious! :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Bengals still won the division :). The Steelers may have never even made it out of the wildcard game if Palmer had played, but I know shit happens. Oh well hopefully next year Palmer will be back to full strength (we can only hope with all that $$$ he's pulling in) :)

[quote name='Danimal']As a diehard Steeler fan, I know I'm sort of trespassing in this thread, but I just want to make one point. This whole "we don't get any respect" thing is so, so SOOOO tiresome. And I don't just mean with Seattle. Both teams have been talking about not getting respect. I'm sick of hearing it from the Steelers, too. "Nobody said a #6 seed could do it...", "Nobody gave us a chance against Carolina..." The worst part is that it's all you'll hear after the game from whichever team wins.

Oh, and the sour grapes from the Bengals, Ravens, and Browns fans? Hilarious! :rofl:[/QUOTE]

I dont know why the steelers are crying no respect...eveyone in the media favors them severally. Jeremy Stevens says something because the whole Bettis thing is wearing thin and joey porter starts sqwakin' and all the sudden everything porter says is embezzelled on stone and shown to the world over and over before kick off.

[quote name='Technique']Horrible game.. The officials blew it.. Totally disappointing..[/QUOTE]

Agree. I live in PA so I have 6 months to have Fat, out of shape, rude, Steeler fan's gloating about this.

HAHAHAHA yeah the officials opened that giant hole for Willie Parker, left Hines Ward wide open and threw the pick from Hasselbeck's hand. Blaming the officials...pathetic. Blame Holmgren's horrendous clock management. It's pretty sad that "Bus is leaving without a ring". I'm lovin it...MVP my ass.

more like shitsburgh.....

Fly Eagles Fly, On The Road To Victory.
Fight Eagles Fight, Score A Touchdown 1-2-3.

Hit 'Em Low.
Hit 'Em High.
And We'll Watch Our Eagles Fly.

Fly Eagles Fly, On The Road To Victory.

E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES!!!

[quote name='bil4ltool']HAHAHAHA yeah the officials opened that giant hole for Willie Parker, left Hines Ward wide open and threw the pick from Hasselbeck's hand. Blaming the officials...pathetic. Blame Holmgren's horrendous clock management. It's pretty sad that "Bus is leaving without a ring". I'm lovin it...MVP my ass.[/QUOTE]

Wait... what happend to the Redskins again?

How many rings do the Seahawks have? How many sub .500 teams did the Seahawks play on their "easiest road to the super bowl ever"? How many ypc did Shaun "I get a mysterious concussion because I suck" Alexander get in the biggest game of his career? Exactly.

[quote name='bil4ltool']How many rings do the Seahawks have? How many sub .500 teams did the Seahawks play on their "easiest road to the super bowl ever"? How many ypc did Shaun "I get a mysterious concussion because I suck" Alexander get in the biggest game of his career? Exactly.[/QUOTE]

Don't tell me the Seahawks suck, because they don't. Shaun does not suck, he got a concussion because he got hit hard, nothing mysterious. Almost everyone in the NFL has respect for him. Don't get mad because the Seahawks beat the Redskins.

Wow, how mature...going into the northwest forum to talk trash.

The Seahawks got screwed tonight, and that's a fact. Even Steve Young and Michael Irvin said that play was a touchdown. I think the entire nation knows that, but of course Steelers fans would deny it. Many other plays went the way of the Steelers. I'm starting to wonder how these refs got their jobs; remember the Indianapolis game?

I am neither a fan of the steelers or the seahawks. However, I am a fan who wants to see a good game and this was not it. The refs blew a lot of calls, but it's hard to win when you keep dropping passes. but this game was set up for the steelers to win, they should have just put the trophy on the steelers sideline at the beginning of the game.

[quote name='y2kenjination']Wow, how mature...going into the northwest forum to talk trash.

The Seahawks got screwed tonight, and that's a fact. Even Steve Young and Michael Irvin said that play was a touchdown. I think the entire nation knows that, but of course Steelers fans would deny it. Many other plays went the way of the Steelers. I'm starting to wonder how these refs got their jobs; remember the Indianapolis game?[/QUOTE]

sorry for not living in the northwest to reply but i have to refute what you say...first of all they had Roethisbereger in check...yeah the td he had was bogus but you have to also blame the seahawks for the mistakes they made... for example that interception by hasselbeck...if he didnt throw that one than the whole outcome could have been changed....also at the end of the game they had poor clock management wasting 20 seconds for one play when they should have either just booted a field goal or kept goinge end zone....another thing is that Shaun Alexander didnt perform at all today...the steelers took away the most important weapon the seahawks have..another point is the Darrell Jackson offensive interference call...if he didnt push off than the game would have been alot closer or the outcome changed...this one cant be blamed on all the refs...more on mistakes than anything else...the steelers just capitalized on their mistakes...The Hawks better hope they re sign Alexander next year or they wont even be looking to returning to the playoffs...

[quote name='integralsmatic']sorry for not living in the northwest to reply but i have to refute what you say...first of all they had Roethisbereger in check...yeah the td he had was bogus but you have to also blame the seahawks for the mistakes they made... for example that interception by hasselbeck...if he didnt throw that one than the whole outcome could have been changed....also at the end of the game they had poor clock management wasting 20 seconds for one play when they should have either just booted a field goal or kept goinge end zone....another thing is that Shaun Alexander didnt perform at all today...the steelers took away the most important weapon the seahawks have..another point is the Darrell Jackson offensive interference call...if he didnt push off than the game would have been alot closer or the outcome changed...this one cant be blamed on all the refs...more on mistakes than anything else...the steelers just capitalized on their mistakes...The Hawks better hope they re sign Alexander next year or they wont even be looking to returning to the playoffs...[/QUOTE]

Hasselbeck would have never thrown that INT if the refs didnt call back that Jeremy Stevens catch at the 1 yard line for holding. Outcome would have been 17-14 Seahawks if the refs made the right call. Mr. Hall of Fame Himself, John Madden was scratching his head asking what was the holding there.

bread's done
Back