Central Asia Fun

chimpian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Hello all,
I was just wondering if there is anything of interest in central asia, specificly Kazakhstan?

My wife and i are adopting a little boy from there come May/June and i was curious what 'nifty stuff' they have there other then my soon to be son :)

anyway if you live there/have traveled there/got lost/stuck there let me know

also if you have gone thru an international adoption i would like to hear from you too just to see how it goes/ i have some questions and stuff

Wow, that's cool. I don't have anything to offer, but I just wanted to say how neat it was you're doing that. Good luck.

[quote name='DT778']you do mean to be a dick, a kid in need is a kid in need.[/QUOTE]

Guess you never heard of "taking care of your own".

[quote name='Deadpool']Not to be a dick or anything, but there are plenty of children HERE that need good homes too...[/QUOTE]

It's only about America, isn't it?

It has to be said so I'll say it .. this is the neatest thing from Kazakhstan I know of right now:

borat.jpg

[quote name='Deadpool']Not to be a dick or anything, but there are plenty of children HERE that need good homes too...[/QUOTE]

stop.gif

[quote name='Deadpool']Guess you never heard of "taking care of your own".[/QUOTE]

yeah, unless you are white and he is black, or vice versa, or maybe he's some sort of asian and you are native american, or maybe he's jewish and you are buddhist, or maybe you are homosexual and he is heterosexual? Which exactly of his own do you mean? For all you know he could be from that area, so it would be taking care of his own. Ohh and lets not forget you can have a US child for years through adoption and the mother decides she wants the kid back and gets the child. I guess "taking care of your own" doesnt really work. Ohh and the fact that he's adopting means that he doesnt have an "own" to take care of yet so he is goin to adopt one.

"own" as in American or Canadian, where ever they happen to be from.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever'] For all you know he could be from that area, so it would be taking care of his own. [/QUOTE]

And he's obviously not from there moron as he asked what's to do there.

Don't get me wrong i think that they are awesome people for wanting to adopt a child and help them thru life. I just never saw the need to travel across the globe to do it.

Maybe you are right it's earier and "safer" to adopt abroad.

[quote name='Deadpool']Guess you never heard of "taking care of your own".[/QUOTE]

actually we are also going thru dyfs training (division of youth and family services) to become foster parents so we will be 'taking care of our own'

it s just adoption here is scary as hell, the mother ( who can be addicted to drugs and/or beating the shit out her kids) can magically find the daddy and the child goes home, even if the child has been in your home for up to 6 mon.s and there is NOTHING you can do about it.

so i would rather not go thru that torment if you think you can thats great more power to ya.

and yes that story is real they told us more then once in dyfs training it happens all the time and that is just 'the way it goes' god bless america

Congrats Chimpian to you and your family on the soon to be new addition! I know there will be much joy in store for all you. It is very exciting to think about how all your lives will change with your trip to Kazakhstan and bringing your son home. Best wishes!

thanks everyone for your kind words and thoughts :)

i will update you all when we get closer to the travel date

but for now we have a few pics of him

here is one of the better ones:

he is the little boy making a funny face in the middle of the picture
Adam_s_Eye.jpg

[quote name='chimpian']thanks everyone for your kind words and thoughts :)

i will update you all when we get closer to the travel date

but for now we have a few pics of him

here is one of the better ones:

he is the little boy making a funny face in the middle of the picture
Adam_s_Eye.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Are any of the other kids his siblings? That's crazy to separate them, if they are related.

[quote name='shieryda']Are any of the other kids his siblings? That's crazy to separate them, if they are related.[/QUOTE]

no they arent as far as we know he has no siblings

actually all the other children in the picture were adopted already (even the little kid poking in from the right bottom of the picture)

bread's done
Back