Free artbook with Tales of Legendia preorder at Gamestop / EB

Fry's will probably have the game for $37.99 like a week after release... so I'd much rather wait for that than get an artbook.

Preorder and join the...

teamtales_468x60.gif
Tales Underground

:D

The artbook that came with Sympthonia is actually pretty good.

also the chance of Abssy getting a US release will depend on the sales of this game.

[quote name='62t']The artbook that came with Sympthonia is actually pretty good.[/QUOTE]
True that and it sells on eBay for about $20 at the cheapest. I already preordered this and Grandia III for the free swag...

[quote name='Starky27']True that and it sells on eBay for about $20 at the cheapest. I already preordered this and Grandia III for the free swag...[/QUOTE]
$20 you say? Interesting...

Well, it depends. $20 is pushing it, because after all, it's just an artbook. I sold my ToS artbook right about a month after I got it - I got it for the game, so I thought I would sell it and make money on Ebay - $10, after shipping. For those wondering about the quality of the artbook, if it's anything like Tales of Symph, you won't be disappointed. They used matte paper and for the photos it has a gloss coating over it. Think of the good quality college catalogs that they pass out, and that's what it'll feel like.

[quote name='crawdd']There's a bonus for preordering Grandia 3? I haven;t heard anything about that. What exactly is it?[/QUOTE]

It's a lame looking compass / keychain / belt clip.

[quote name='crawdd']There's a bonus for preordering Grandia 3? I haven;t heard anything about that. What exactly is it?[/QUOTE]
It's a carabiner with a compass and the GIII logo on it...

I just confirmed with my local GS manager that they'll have these in-store for pre-orders, so if you'd like to avoid ordering online (like myself), you might want to ask your local store.

Wait a minute. I just remembered that I'm boycotting the Tales series, because Namco decided to suck and not release Tales of Rebirth over here. That game looked awesome, but, nooooo, us Americans just can't handle RPGs having 2D graphics anymore, I guess.

Of course, Tales of Phantasia being released in the US (GBA version FINALLY comes out March 6th) is something I have been waiting for for an entire decade, now, and Tales of the Tempest looks amazing. So, I don't think I'll be able to keep the boycott going for much longer...

Tales of Rebirth looked really pretty, but the plot really wasn't very good and it had quite a fair amount of racism and things like that, possibly moreso than any other game as I can recall, not sure how well that would've gone over. I would much have rather had that here than Legendia though. I'm still getting this regardless for sure though, plus sales of this will probably make or break Abyss coming out here, which by most accounts is one of the best Tales, if not the best.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Wait a minute. I just remembered that I'm boycotting the Tales series, because Namco decided to suck and not release Tales of Rebirth over here. That game looked awesome, but, nooooo, us Americans just can't handle RPGs having 2D graphics anymore, I guess.

Of course, Tales of Phantasia being released in the US (GBA version FINALLY comes out March 6th) is something I have been waiting for for an entire decade, now, and Tales of the Tempest looks amazing. So, I don't think I'll be able to keep the boycott going for much longer...[/QUOTE]

Just give up. Boycotting hasn't solved anything major in hundreds of years. Instead, it leaves you without a great series. Anyway, if you want something that's sort of a rebirth, Tales of Eternia was brought out on the PSP and it's hitting the UK in February. Should be a definite import for RPG fans.

by boycotting you are actually hurting the chance of future games getting a US release. If Legendia sell like gangbuster, Namco would definly try to cash in by bringing more games.

According to some guy on Gamefaqs, it'll be a 80 page artbook, similar to ToS. Again I repeat, from Gamefaqs, so take it however you want.

[quote name='SailorDaravon']Tales of Rebirth looked really pretty, but the plot really wasn't very good and it had quite a fair amount of racism and things like that, possibly moreso than any other game as I can recall, not sure how well that would've gone over. I would much have rather had that here than Legendia though. I'm still getting this regardless for sure though, plus sales of this will probably make or break Abyss coming out here, which by most accounts is one of the best Tales, if not the best.[/QUOTE]

Compared to the mediocre story that is ToS I don't know how much worse ToR could've been. The ONLY good thing to ToS from what I played of it is the combat, bottom line.

Did you say racism? That's actually one of the best themes to use in a game because racism = political strife = class struggles = conspiracies = a good a$$ plot possibility. We haven't seen enough of it yet in RPGs. Enough with personal psychological issues (ie Cloud, Tidus, Squall), on with greater themes and plots that affect everyone.

[quote name='62t']by boycotting you are actually hurting the chance of future games getting a US release. If Legendia sell like gangbuster, Namco would definly try to cash in by bringing more games.[/quote]
Maybe boycotting is the wrong word. What I mean is, I'm not going out of my way to buy every Tales game as soon as it comes out in the US, for $50 (same thing I do for almost all games). The fact that one of the ones I was most looking foward to got snubbed for the US just gave me another reason.

Also, regarding SailorDaravon's points about the plot points of racism in Tales of Rebirth: Wouldn't you say that Tales of Symphonia had "racism" as a plot point (Desians enslaving humans, etc)? Or species-ism or whatever? That didn't stop it from getting a US release, now did it?

No, in Rebirth it's much worse between racists, things literally along the line of people saying "I'm not letting any halfbreed fuck my daughter," almost word for word. Goes a LOT farther than ToS does in that regard. Again, I have no idea if that's why it wasn't released here or not though, who knows why they do things sometimes.

Why is it that this games battle system doesnt look like anything from Symphonia? It more resembles Destiny, which IMO is par at best. Also Famitsu Weekly gave this game a 8/10 and at some guys website he gave it a C- ranking. So yea...

Back to the subject, I wouldn't reserve anything in a store in the hope of actually getting the bonus items. I reserved games in the past as soon as the bonus items are announced, then, strangely enough, they fail to show with the game. I usually get some song and dance about how I didn't reserve it early enough, or some other BS. I'd bet money that some damned employee ended up with it.

Anyway, if you want the items for certain, order them online. I'm not saying they're worth a $50 game, but still...

[quote name='evo t rex']Back to the subject, I wouldn't reserve anything in a store in the hope of actually getting the bonus items. I reserved games in the past as soon as the bonus items are announced, then, strangely enough, they fail to show with the game. I usually get some song and dance about how I didn't reserve it early enough, or some other BS. I'd bet money that some damned employee ended up with it.

Anyway, if you want the items for certain, order them online. I'm not saying they're worth a $50 game, but still...[/QUOTE]

Depends on the store. I know my GS manager and asked him specifically, and he said he knew 100% sure that they were getting them in-store for preorders. My GS usually gets preorder stuff, but not always. I've had a mixed bag online ordering too; they tend to take a while to take down the bonus offers; just because they have the bonus offer up doesn't mean they still have it in stock, it takes them a while to take it down.

[quote name='nintendokid']Did you say racism? That's actually one of the best themes to use in a game because racism = political strife = class struggles = conspiracies = a good a$$ plot possibility. We haven't seen enough of it yet in RPGs. Enough with personal psychological issues (ie Cloud, Tidus, Squall), on with greater themes and plots that affect everyone.[/QUOTE]

You know BoF2 implies Christianity is a cult right? At least I read critisizm of Christianity in the game at least.

If anybody picks this up with the artbook and does not want the artbook, I'll gladly purchase the artbook from ya if the price is right. I am a fan of artbooks as is my girlfriend so I'm sure this will be a decent addition to the collection. However, I can't drop $50 for a new game for the next few months.

Just a little bump since Tales shipped yesterday and should be in stores today. My EB had a bunch of extra artbooks. So even if you didn't pre-order you might still get one.

My EB didn't acutally get any artbook in, and I preordered too. The clerk said he didn't even see any artbook coming in with the game at all.

[quote name='Over easy']My EB didn't acutally get any artbook in, and I preordered too. The clerk said he didn't even see any artbook coming in with the game at all.[/QUOTE]

The one near me didn't get ANY artbooks for their pre-orders. It's kind of funny that there is a big poster in the window of the store that says "RESERVE NOW - GET FREE ART BOOK". I cancelled all my other pre-orders as a result.

Didn't I call it?

EB/Gamestop ... you suck.

[quote name='nintendokid']Did you say racism? That's actually one of the best themes to use in a game because racism = political strife = class struggles = conspiracies = a good a$$ plot possibility. We haven't seen enough of it yet in RPGs. Enough with personal psychological issues (ie Cloud, Tidus, Squall), on with greater themes and plots that affect everyone.[/QUOTE]

Try out magna carta for some racism, politcal strife, class struggles and conspiracies. It has it all, but the battle system is not that great imo, a lot of people love it tho.

I preordered mine at a ghetto Gamestop. I was the only preorder, and they got 3 artbooks in, so there were two happy managers at the store when I picked it up.

[quote name='evo t rex']The one near me didn't get ANY artbooks for their pre-orders. It's kind of funny that there is a big poster in the window of the store that says "RESERVE NOW - GET FREE ART BOOK". I cancelled all my other pre-orders as a result.

Didn't I call it?

EB/Gamestop ... you suck.[/QUOTE]

Yes, because it's EB and GS are the ones making the books, it's not like Namco was the one giving them out or anything. :roll:

My Gamestop hasn't gotten them in yet, they're in a seperate shipment that should be arriving in the next couple days. I'm in good at my GS, they said they'd give me a call or to check back with them, maybe the same thing at your store? I've seen several posts elsewhere where people were told the same thing at their stores.

I preordered mine also and when I went to pick it up they said they didnt get any artbooks in either. I want my artbook!!!

[quote name='SailorDaravon']Yes, because it's EB and GS are the ones making the books, it's not like Namco was the one giving them out or anything. :roll:

My Gamestop hasn't gotten them in yet, they're in a seperate shipment that should be arriving in the next couple days. I'm in good at my GS, they said they'd give me a call or to check back with them, maybe the same thing at your store? I've seen several posts elsewhere where people were told the same thing at their stores.[/QUOTE]

:roll: :roll: :roll:

No, EB and GS are not making the books, but they are the ones that ship the books to their stores. Perhaps you didn't notice, but people are stating that their stores got more than what was pre-ordered, meanwhile other stores didn't get any at all. The same thing happened with Suikoden IV and Symphonia when they came out last year, when I ordered them from Gamestop.

While supplies last? No, more like if they happen to ship it to the store you pre-ordered it from.

EB and Gamestop suck.

"We didn't get any artbooks" seems to translate into "the employees decided to take them, but people will still take their preorder anyways".

I always call first, and make sure I get the bonus item before I go there and pre-order. If they say they don't have the free artbook, just go somewhere else, or you can order online.

[quote name='Raymond']I always call first, and make sure I get the bonus item before I go there and pre-order. If they say they don't have the free artbook, just go somewhere else, or you can order online.[/QUOTE]

This is what I do for preorders I want... then if you DON'T get the preorder bonus, you can raise holy hell and eventually get it sent to you.

It took me two weeks to get the Digital Devil Saga 2 preorder soundtrack, but I eventually got it... if that happened at B&M I just would have been out of luck.

Anyone who takes the chances on something like the MGS 3 bonus DVD at B&M is really tempting fate.

[quote name='Roufuss']Anyone who takes the chances on something like the MGS 3 bonus DVD at B&M is really tempting fate.[/QUOTE]

:lol: i did...

i'm hoping some CAG's can give me a heads up when they pick up their bonus DVD at b&m. once i hear they get their shipment in, i'm heading to my gs right away. i never trusted them when it came to the freebies hehe.

[quote name='Roufuss']This is what I do for preorders I want... then if you DON'T get the preorder bonus, you can raise holy hell and eventually get it sent to you.

It took me two weeks to get the Digital Devil Saga 2 preorder soundtrack, but I eventually got it... if that happened at B&M I just would have been out of luck.

Anyone who takes the chances on something like the MGS 3 bonus DVD at B&M is really tempting fate.[/QUOTE]
you got lucky with the DDS2 soundtrack. Many ordered from the website complained and didnt get it. Good thing Atlus steps in and give the soundtrack for free if you show proof of preorder.

I preorder La Prucell at the gamestop website and they never send me the artbook, and only give me a crappy T shirt after i complained.

[quote name='62t']you got lucky with the DDS2 soundtrack. Many ordered from the website complained and didnt get it. Good thing Atlus steps in and give the soundtrack for free if you show proof of preorder.[/QUOTE]

I never got lucky... I called them no less then five times in about two weeks, and went as far up the chain as I could until I finally found someone who handwrote an envelope, put the soundtrack in the envelope while I was on the phone, and assured me it would be there before the end of the week. It took ALOT of work (between the five calls, I must have talked to them for about 3 - 4 hours) but I finally managed to get it, since I had proof they owed it to me.

At B&M, when they never got my preorder bonus, they pretty much told me "there's nothing we can do, sorry" and that was the end of that. At least you have a somewhat fighting chance online since the invoice lists your preorder bonuses.

[quote name='evo t rex']:roll: :roll: :roll:

No, EB and GS are not making the books, but they are the ones that ship the books to their stores. Perhaps you didn't notice, but people are stating that their stores got more than what was pre-ordered, meanwhile other stores didn't get any at all. The same thing happened with Suikoden IV and Symphonia when they came out last year, when I ordered them from Gamestop.

While supplies last? No, more like if they happen to ship it to the store you pre-ordered it from.

EB and Gamestop suck.[/QUOTE]

Did you notice the part where I said maybe your store hadn't gotten them yet? Look at other forums online; a LOT of people are saying their stores got them TODAY, and my GS manager told me not a half hour ago they were coming in tommorrow. You can blame them for shipping them seperately at some locations if you'd like.

I went and picked my game up today and they had the artbook in, but they also gave me a lanyard w/ Senel and Vaclav on the two sides of it. Kinda cool thing I wasn't expecting...

[quote name='SailorDaravon']I just confirmed with my local GS manager that they'll have these in-store for pre-orders, so if you'd like to avoid ordering online (like myself), you might want to ask your local store.[/QUOTE]

do they give you the artbook when you put the $5 down, or when you go in to pick it up(and have to drop the full $50)?

edit: screw it if it is allready out then i wont be getting an artbook

bread's done
Back