J&L NYC: buy 2 get 1 free (in store only)

[quote name='Howdoin']J&L (Canal Street and Elizabeth) is having a Buy 2 get 1 free sale on most systems they carry.
That includes the regular PS2, Xbox, GC, GBA, DS, PSP... but also the Neo Geo AES & CD, Saturn, DC, SFC and more.[/QUOTE]

What's J&L ??? Or did you mean J&R !!! If this is a different store I may have to check it out ! Please advise

this is only good if you're a) looking to buy imports, or b) willing to shell out about $5+ over msrp for domestic releases. also, don't expect to really see anything drop in price there (imports and domestics). if you do, it's still about $5-10 more than everywhere else. (not that there are a whole lot of places around to begin with nowadays.)

worth noting that they also never have any type of sales, and that their import selection is usually pretty good. so if you see something, snatch it up because it'll be a while before they restock.

[quote name='BABETOOTH']What's J&L ??? Or did you mean J&R !!! If this is a different store I may have to check it out ! Please advise[/QUOTE]
two totally different stores. J&L's been a import gaming staple in the Chinatown area for years originally setting up shop across the street inside Elizabeth Center. i guess business was really booming for them because they were able to expand out of their two tiny stores (which for some reason were both inside Elizabeth Center), and into their current, and larger, location.

if you didn't go to J&L, you went to Penguin Village (i think it's called Evo now), and vice versa. Evo's always been the cheaper of the two, though.

[quote name='ZR0 Limit']two totally different stores. J&L's been a import gaming staple in the Chinatown area for years originally setting up shop across the street inside Elizabeth Center. i guess business was really booming for them because they were able to expand out of their two tiny stores (which for some reason were both inside Elizabeth Center), and into their current, and larger, location.

if you didn't go to J&L, you went to Penguin Village (i think it's called Evo now), and vice versa. Evo's always been the cheaper of the two, though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info !!! I am curious about it !

Evo's in the little "mail" across the street from J&L. How long does this sale last for? I hope it lasts through Sunday. Then I can go and get dim sum as well :)

Yeh, Evo is in the mall across the street from J&L further down the block. J&L is right across the street from the police station on Elizabeth st off of Canal st. Like the other posters have said, this store is REALLY overpriced. It's the enemy of any CAG! :twisted:

it's a mom and pop store. really expensive stuff for domestic games, just like what the other user said. it's not worth to buy anything other then to buy imports or hard to find items like neo geo or to buy old gba games like breath of fire and such.

they do sell rare games. they have the most import stuff. like everyone say, they are expensive.

does anyone know if they sell electroplankton?

I don't remember seeing it there a few weeks ago when i had went with my friend. I did however see Rez there for $50 and snagged that up along with Bujingai. Yeah make sure you pay in cash because if you pay in debit they have to tax you and crap -_-;

I'm confused is it if you by 2 systems you get a free system or buy 2 games and get a free game? How long does it last?

[quote name='Jesu']I'm confused is it if you by 2 systems you get a free system[/QUOTE]
are you serious?

How long does the sale last? I might hit em up on saturday. The only reason I still go to J&L is cause they know me personally there. They are VERY overpriced though. Evo is alright but they were on my shit list for a while. They used to be better and nicer a few years ago. They always seem pissed off when I walk in there. I wonder what happened to them.

J&L is really expensive. I once thought Bleach for the PSP at 60 bucks was a good deal until i found it on ebay for 50 w/ship. I would only go there for the NGCP games...nothing else...i wish i could go back. i would love to hit up Nha Trang on Grand St. Great Pho for a great price.

[quote name='Fireshooter']I called them and they said that it's only on older systems like PS1 and N64...[/QUOTE]

u saying only the old games on the PS1 and N64 are B2G1 free?

dunno when it ends but I just noticed they added on the banner "on selected items", when I walked by it today. So it might not work for all games.

i just came back from trying to take advantage of tax free week, and stopped in. like MeGaWC said, it's only on selected items so it's pretty much PSone and Dreamcast as far as i noticed. you'll know what's a part of the sale when you see a piece of paper saying something along the lines of "all games on this wall is buy 2 get 1 free". it's slim pickin's so don't expect much of anything. most of it are used games, too.

i'm guessing they're probably just going to keep this running until they get rid of all that. gotta make room for the next-gen stuff, after all.

bread's done
Back