Photo
- - - - -

Bought Two 2005 Mustangs This Weekend

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#31 brodiemash

brodiemash

Posted 01 February 2006 - 07:39 PM

Rather than getting a 2006 WRX, wouldn't have getting a 2005 WRX for far less than sticker have sufficed? Or is having a new car really worth a few thousand dollars? My guess would be "no". According to edmunds, sticker is approx $25k, and since they're in demand, it would probably higher. 2004 and 2005 WRXs appear to be sold for between $15k-$20k.

Actually, I was looking at a 2005 WRX with only 3000 miles and the sticker on that was only $1500 less than the new one, and that was after getting the price down $500 (the dealership people were jerks and it's hard to find a used WRX around here) so I figured I'd spend the extra on a new one and got a rate than was 55% less than on the used one. I came up on both ends!
Posted Image

"Don't worry 'bout the weed or pussy, I read books!"

My Trade List:
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=58399

#32 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2006 - 07:42 PM

You should get your self a third generation Acura TL. It doesn't matter if it used or not, just get one! Very nice looking car and it pack some horse powers too. My cousin just got one last month and you wouldn't believe how many heads turn to look and see what kind of car it is. .

#33 headpiece747

headpiece747

I'm always angry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2006 - 08:28 PM

Whoa I really appreciate everyone's input on this because I've been going crazy trying to figure it out and your input is very good. So here it is as it stands I was only looking at luxury type vehicles because my wife likes BMWs and I saw I could afford other older luxury type cars too. But now that I know service and parts are insane I will try to convince her otherwise.

As far as new vehicles I like the Scion TC, Nissian Altima, Honda Civic (in LA that is a burglar magnet) and the Ford Mustang (thought I could get a great price with all the trouble their in).

I am really leaning towards an used car for savings and more of a variety and I think Foriegn is the way to go. I have '98 Eclipse and had a lease on a Toyota Tundra for 5 years turned it in and thats why I need a new or used one. I just want a car now because in LA it was crazy trying to park that thing and the gas mileage didn't help. I really don't care about impressing people but to impress myself and my wife because we will have to live with it for awhile.

Any other suggestions on sporty looking type vehicles new or used that I am missing?

#34 Graystone

Graystone

Posted 01 February 2006 - 08:49 PM

I semi-agree with you there. As ugly as the Element may be, it's also quite useful. When I test drove it, I was mighty impressed with the car. However, I think that Nissan's new Maxima is way uglier than the Scion box. I also think the Aztek is worse than any of them.

http://autos.msn.com...u&model=Impreza

http://www.epinions....isplay_~reviews

This is just one of the the hundreds of sites I found the give subaru high ratings.

I grow rather tired of your know it all attitude.

#35 kakomu

kakomu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2006 - 08:49 PM

sporty looking type vehicles

Well, if you want it sporty looking, just buy any Sport Compact, and attach gigantic wheels, an alluminum spoiler and a gigantic muffler. Bonus points for unpainted carbon fiber hood, lowered suspension and underbody lights.

As for the cars you mentioned, in my personal opinion, I would nix the Scion, Altima and Stang. I find all of them ugly. The Altima and Stang are low on the reliability rungs. Despite being made from Toyota engines, Scions don't have the quailty assurance of Toyota cars. I'd say replace the Altima with an Accord.

If you must have sport, some cars you may want to look into are:
RX-8
Corvette (totally bucks Chevy's quality trend)
S2000
RSX Type-S

Just be warned that all these cars (and most sports cars) are going to garner higher fuel costs (both from having lower economy and from requiring premium fuel), higher insurance costs, and unless you plan on actually racing them, could essentially be construed as a waste of money.

In my opinion, you really cannot go wrong with a Honda. Toyotas are good quality cars too, but their exterior designs suck, so they look as economical as they are. Hondas have a bit of sexiness to them. The one car that I was most surprised with had to be the Honda Element. It's gas mileage isn't stellar at 21-24 (EX style with manual trans), but, it is quite a good ride, has a great turning radius, plenty of room and is rated quite highly among car sites.

http://autos.msn.com...liability.aspx?
year=2003&make=Subaru&model=Impreza

http://www.epinions....isplay_~reviews

This is just one of the the hundreds of sites I found the give subaru high ratings.

http://www.jdpower.c....asp?ID=2005069
Subaru has an average of 138 problems per 100 vehicles, 20 more problems than the industry average.

http://auto.consumer...ex.cfm/id/2231/
Value in class: 4
http://auto.consumer...x.cfm/id/38235/
Value in class: 5
http://auto.consumer...x.cfm/id/38799/
Value in class: 3

Compare that to any Honda Civic which will get a Value of about 8-9.

I grow rather tired of your know it all attitude.

Get over it. I know a lot and I'm not afraid to say that.
GameTZ trade list
TGN trade list
CAG Trade list
Spilled myself all over you like syrup
so delicious and stuck on you.
Used to be Capitalist_mao

#36 Graystone

Graystone

Posted 01 February 2006 - 08:55 PM

Get over it. I know a lot and I'm not afraid to say that.

:roll: Are you in college by chance?

#37 willardhaven

willardhaven

Thief of Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2006 - 08:56 PM

Honda Accord. I have never heard anyone complain about theirs, and mine is a blast to drive.

I recommend certified preowned, there's no point in buying a new car unless you are rich.

#38 kakomu

kakomu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2006 - 08:57 PM

:roll: Are you in college by chance?

Yes, but I was hoping you would pay more attention to the systematic Crushing of the belief that Subaru Imprezzas are great cars.
GameTZ trade list
TGN trade list
CAG Trade list

#39 Beana Blasta

Beana Blasta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2006 - 09:03 PM

get a new car under 10 miles on it, only if its a sports car, I went looking for a Mazda rx 8 and one that i wanted had 95 miles on it, I witnessed the car salesmen litterally beat the shit out of the car (break-in)
Posted Image

#40 Graystone

Graystone

Posted 01 February 2006 - 09:05 PM

Yes, but I was hoping you would pay more attention to the systematic Crushing of the belief that Subaru Imprezzas are great cars.

OK if you wish I will say subaru suck as cars. Despite the fact that I have known a great many people with subaru's and have drove them hundreds of thousands of miles without major problems except for one person I knew who thought it was made for racing every place he went. I also know people with some of those great Japanese cars that last forever as well.

My point to asking if you were in college is the fact that their is an "elite" group of people that are in college. They think they know everything. You may have never seen this because you are that person the professor hates you cause you question everything, you never shut up and you walk around with coffee, and talk about how the economic playing field is being leveled by outsourcing.

Now one cares for this but the others around you.

Not trying to be a dick but the truth is a bad motherfucker.

#41 kakomu

kakomu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2006 - 09:08 PM

My point to asking if you were in college is the fact that their is an "elite" group of people that are in college. They think they know everything. You may have never seen this because you are that person the professor hates you cause you question everything, you never shut up and you walk around with coffee, and talk about how the economic playing field is being leveled by outsourcing.

Now one cares for this but the other around you.

Not trying to be a dick but the truth is a bad motherfucker.

Uh huh. Well, I don't drink coffee. I do talk in class all the time, but the professors always engage me in discourse during and after class. I never talk about economics because I don't care about them.

That being said, if you want to feed someone genuinely looking for a car bullshit based on some friends and a hyperbolic amount of miles, be my guest. However, don't get pissed off when I prove you wrong using proveable information and somewhat trustable sources (JD Power has been accused of accepting bribes, but I don't think it matters in the stats I presented since they're hard facts).

Meanwhile, I had a couple friends who owned a mustang and a camaro. Both of them loved their cars and talked about them in glowing terms all the time. But, when I drove them myself and had a gander under the hood, they sucked. Be leery of star struck car owners.
GameTZ trade list
TGN trade list
CAG Trade list

#42 Graystone

Graystone

Posted 01 February 2006 - 09:15 PM

JD Power has been accused of accepting bribes, but I don't think it matters in the stats I presented since they're hard facts.

. Be leery of star struck car owners.

First thing if they are been accused of accepting bribes are how their stats hard facts?

Secondly I agree with your last statement somewhat.

So in all fairness agree to disagree.

#43 brodiemash

brodiemash

Posted 01 February 2006 - 09:16 PM

I like Subarus......C'Mon, guys, chill out!

The RX8 is a great car, but the rotary engine.....damn, that's a bitch to maintain, plus after 100,000 miles, it pretty much begins to fall apart. Excellent car, though, up until that point. Plus it's considered a 4-door, which means lower insurance. Crazy shit, but true.
Posted Image

My Trade List:

#44 Graystone

Graystone

Posted 01 February 2006 - 09:18 PM

I like Subarus......C'Mon, guys, chill out!

Its your fault :lol: j/k

#45 kakomu

kakomu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2006 - 09:19 PM

First thing if they are been accused of accepting bribes are how their stats hard facts?

There's a difference between altering data and putting companies in a good light. JD Power assigns ratings of cars which may or may not reflect the data I posted. They also write reviews and give awards. These awards can be unfairly skewed based on a multitude of facts. That's why I opt to merely posting their stats, rather than their ratings. You can especially see that something is fishy when you look at ratings of a specific car over a few years where each successive year has a nearly identical car as the previous (good examples being 94-96 Camaros and 94-95 Civics), but with some odd differences in car ratings. Especially when the ratings fluctuate.

I like Subarus, too. I think the STi is pretty hot (but I'm miffed at it being 2.5L). However, much like the Lancer Evo, there are problems with quality, and I can't really recommend a car to someone that has quality issues.
GameTZ trade list
TGN trade list
CAG Trade list

#46 Psykodelik

Psykodelik

Piw Piw Masta!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2006 - 11:20 AM

The RX8 is a great car, but the rotary engine.....damn, that's a bitch to maintain, plus after 100,000 miles, it pretty much begins to fall apart. Excellent car, though, up until that point. Plus it's considered a 4-door, which means lower insurance. Crazy shit, but true.

Wow, that's better compared to the RX7's. I have a co-worker that had one and he always had to maintain it. He loved it, just a drain in the wallet. I also heard for the RX7's they had to rebuild every 60k.

Headpiece - Between the TC, Altima and Stang. I'd go with the TC. Altima is too big for a sporty look and the Stang...well you know their story. Civics are unfortunately a "hot" item.

For other "sporty" cars - the Dodge Neon/SRT, Celica, 350z/G35, Lexus IS 300/350, Lancer EVO MR, and Supra MKIV. Sure some of these would be at a high price range but these are just to name some that haven't been mentioned or worth mentioning.

But if you really want to save money..get a hybrid. Granted some doesn't look nice, but in the end it would come down to cost. I believe there are some out there that look decent.

#47 headpiece747

headpiece747

I'm always angry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2006 - 12:54 AM

For other "sporty" cars - the Dodge Neon/SRT, Celica, 350z/G35, Lexus IS 300/350, Lancer EVO MR, and Supra MKIV. Sure some of these would be at a high price range but these are just to name some that haven't been mentioned or worth mentioning.

Thanks for mentioning more cars I forgot about the 350z and found a great deal on it through the internet. I am contacting the dealership to make sure they have it in stock still.

#48 brodiemash

brodiemash

Posted 03 February 2006 - 01:27 AM

Goodluck, headpiece! Let us know
Posted Image

My Trade List:

#49 Psykodelik

Psykodelik

Piw Piw Masta!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2006 - 02:41 AM

No prob. Good luck on getting it!

#50 headpiece747

headpiece747

I'm always angry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2006 - 06:57 PM

bump

#51 sblymnlcrymnl

sblymnlcrymnl

married ... with children

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2006 - 07:10 PM

That must have been one damn good deal. :shock:

#52 Graystone

Graystone

Posted 13 February 2006 - 07:15 PM

That must have been one damn good deal. :shock:

QFT

What was the deal 2 for 1?

#53 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2006 - 07:17 PM

Nice! I like those cars.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#54 mr ryles

mr ryles

Plays bowling

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2006 - 12:06 AM

DETAILS!! so how much, which colors, details!!

I wanna thank all the televisions out there that raised me.

#55 Tyga24

Tyga24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2006 - 12:19 AM

Wow, you must really like the Mustang. Congratulations on the purchases. What happened with the 350Z?

#56 Psykodelik

Psykodelik

Piw Piw Masta!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2006 - 12:23 AM

Grats on the purchase. As long as you're happy then it's all good, you know. As everyone wants to know....details!

#57 headpiece747

headpiece747

I'm always angry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2006 - 12:30 AM

DETAILS!! so how much, which colors, details!!

I got a white mustang with black interior and it was $17,995 and my wife's mustang is a dark gray with tan interior and it was $17,500. They gave it to my for zero down because they saw I had financing through a company called Roadloans for zero down. They said they could give me half the interest rate of my current loan and a shorter loan term. I will try to take pictures and post them sometime this weekend.

Wow, you must really like the Mustang. Congratulations on the purchases. What happened with the 350Z?

The salesguy was haggling me over $1,000 and I said that I had seen 350Zs for $20,000 and below. So he said fax him the proof so I did but I felt like he thought I was a liar or didn't have the money or something so I said screw that.

#58 JimmieMac

JimmieMac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2006 - 02:37 AM

Pics?