Big Lots PC games

KillerDonkey

CAG Veteran
I went to three Big Lots this weekend and picked up nine games @ $3.99 a piece.

Lord of the Rings, War of the Ring
Silent Hill 4, The Room
Men of Valor
Icewind Dale II
Serious Sam Gold
Medieval Conquest
Lionheart, Legacy of the Crusader
No One Lives Forver 2
Tribes Vengeance

$38.06 after tax

damn it, I just traded for some of those games :(

Nice deal though, gonna stop by one tommorow and see if i can find any other deals.

Damnit, they just closed down Big Lots here because of poor business. I wouldn't mind having a lot of those games.

My local Big Lots closed a month or two ago. :cry:
I'll miss it. I found some good stuff (such as a CD with all the DS9 scripts on it) at that store, and it looks like they have even more PC games I want.

I saw Civilization 3 for $6 at Dollar General the other day. I should have bought it but I hardly ever play pc games so I passed on it.

I'm usuallly in Big Lots once a week, last time I was there the best game they had was Commandos 3. Once again, I kinda wish I had bought that now....:roll: Maybe I should stop being a tight ass.

The one we went to yesterday had many of the same titles, they also had Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich and Ring II: Twilight of Gods (some adventure RPG mix).

[quote name='KrAzY3']Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich [/QUOTE]

Anyone who didn't get this at the Target clearance should definatly pick it up, it's one of the best tactical rpgs out there.

Some notables I saw were: Tron 2.0, Pariah and Icewind Dale.

I got for myself: The Adventures of Mr. Men and Little Miss. I have some of those books.

Yeah my brother's father-in-law is a store manager at Big Lots, and they always have a bunch of older PC games for cheap.

[quote name='MysterD']What is a Big Lots?[/QUOTE]

Good question, prolly another American store that Canada will never have....I am sick of this high prices Bu;;shit in Canada, damn I regret living here sometimes.

[quote name='MysterD']What is a Big Lots?[/QUOTE]

It's basically a store that sells closeout type merchandise. You can usually find some pretty good deals in there, but sometimes you have to dig for them.

[quote name='KillerDonkey']I went to three Big Lots this weekend and picked up nine games @ $3.99 a piece.

Lord of the Rings, War of the Ring
Silent Hill 4, The Room
Men of Valor
Icewind Dale II
Serious Sam Gold
Medieval Conquest
Lionheart, Legacy of the Crusader
No One Lives Forver 2
Tribes Vengeance

$38.06 after tax[/QUOTE]

Great deals for SS Gold and NOLF2...too bad I already have them

thanks op! my big lots had one of each, but half of them were opened and the contents were stolen :lol:

i was able to get the lotr game which is what i wanted the most so i didn't mind hehe. :)

Hell yes I picked up NOLF2 (I already had it but it was the cheap "Clasics" edition without any manuals), Max Payne and Hiddena and Dangerous 2 for $3-6 each.

[quote name='shajek']Do all the Big Lots smell weird?[/QUOTE]

I used to work at one. We had this problem when a customer sprayed the restroom with shit. The personal hygene of some employees didn't help either.

[quote name='wageslave']I used to work at one. We had this problem when a customer sprayed the restroom with shit. The personal hygene of some employees didn't help either.[/QUOTE]

Is that why they let you go?

okok end sarcasm.

[quote name='shajek']Do all the Big Lots smell weird?[/QUOTE]
Most have an odd smell. Not bad... just different. Great place for sodas you've never heard of.

I scored Serious Sam Gold, Freedom Force VS. The 3rd Reich, and Tribes Vengeance; $15.xx after tax. Awesome. I think I'll check the other BL in town this weekend.....

Mine had Icewind Dale 2, SS Gold. Tribes Venegance, and Tropico 2. I only got Icewind Dale 2 since I felt like playing an RPG, but I might go back to get the others.

There are two ways of running a retail store:

1. Make sure the store is pleasant to the customer. This means having helpful and polite employees who know where things in the store are, making sure the store smells pleasant, making sure things are not overstocked and making sure shelves are neatly organized so people can easily see what you have available for sale without having to dig through a pile of stuff.

2. Have cheap crap.

Big Lots chose #2.

I haven't set foot in the local Big Lots since they removed The Simpsons arcade game many, many years ago. My mom still goes in there once in a while, I believe. And yes, Big Lots smell awful. (Ours is pretty run-down and crappy...)

Just got back from Big Lots and I got IceWind Dale 2, Tribes Vengeance, and Men of Valor. Would have got Serious Sam Gold but the box looked like someone poured lotion (i hope it was lotion) on it. Great finds.

Thanks for posting! I'll have to go see if my local Big Lots has Icewind Dale II. I lost one of the discs of my copy and have been hankering to play it again.

Big Lots is like Odd Job and Amazing Savings.... the one I went to in albany was alright... did score a sorta decent set of headphones for a dollar.

The Big Lots I just visited in Lawrenceburg, TN doesn't seem to smell funny... well, anymore at least. Friday night was the first time I'd set foot in there in years.

Doesn't seem like their food is as cheap as it used to be :(

Anyway, I scored NOLF2, Lionheart, and Space Colony for $3.99 each, and then Hidden & Dangerous 2 and Tropico 2 for $5.99 each. They had XIII for $10 too, but as badly as the box was maimed it sure wasn't worth it.

Hopin' to check Columbia, TN soon...

Got Silent Hill 4 the other day they had most of the games listed here and a couple more not worth mentioning.

Big Lots has many good deals to be found but they employee the lowest class retail employees that i've ever seen in my life. They make Dollar Store employees look good. EXCEPT for this one hot girl who works there and seems totally out of place.

I grabbed NOLF 2, a Garfield game, and Beyond Divinity. I saw but didn't buy a four pack (Deus Ex, Thief II, Commandos 2, Tomb Raider Chronicles) of games, Tribes Vengeance, Backyard Hockey, Tomb Raider Collection, a few war games (I forget the names), and some others not worth mentioning. I wanted Icewind Dale II, I might check another Big Lots in a couple of days.

[quote name='n00bie']I grabbed NOLF 2, a Garfield game, and Beyond Divinity. I saw but didn't buy a four pack (Deus Ex, Thief II, Commandos 2, Tomb Raider Chronicles) of games, Tribes Vengeance, Backyard Hockey, Tomb Raider Collection, a few war games (I forget the names), and some others not worth mentioning. I wanted Icewind Dale II, I might check another Big Lots in a couple of days.[/QUOTE]

WOW that 4 pack was $4? Thats one hell of a beefy pack, i'd have grabbed it for Commandos 2 alone. I'm still pissed about passing up 3 awhile back.

[quote name='$hady']WOW that 4 pack was $4? Thats one hell of a beefy pack, i'd have grabbed it for Commandos 2 alone. I'm still pissed about passing up 3 awhile back.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I already had the games otherwise I'd have picked it up as well. Deus Ex and Thief make the pack for me. Never played Commandos 2 and Tomb Raider gets old quick.

Damn all they had was GC2, Space Colony, and NOLF2 I may go back and pickup NOLF2 they seemed to have a BUNCH of them. (Topeka Big Lots) that is.

I went to my local Big Lots - seemed like they were cleaned out. But I did snag some older anime DVDs, like Arjuna vol 1, BigO vol 1, and .hack Twilight vol 1 and 2.

bread's done
Back