The 209 CAG's Thread

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

#61 Redeema

Redeema

Refuses to pay full price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2006 - 02:56 PM

Did you get one? I hate your city now the numbers were so measly I couldn't get one. Late to Target and the Best Buy looked like they only had 30 or so.

I should've went to Turlock as one employee at Costco there (in another thread on these boards) said his Costco was getting 24, Merced Costco didn't get a single one.

Now playing: Gears of War: Judgment, Fire Emblem

rifsbannerslim.jpg

#62 mj1108

mj1108

Ignore the screams

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2006 - 08:48 PM

Did you get one? I hate your city now the numbers were so measly I couldn't get one. Late to Target and the Best Buy looked like they only had 30 or so.

I should've went to Turlock as one employee at Costco there (in another thread on these boards) said his Costco was getting 24, Merced Costco didn't get a single one.

Yup, I did get one but it was an adventure.

Me and my brother went to the WalMart in Turlock around 9pm on Saturday night. Found out that they had 29, but gave vouchers out for all of them earlier that day (was told 1-2pm)...so they were all "spoken for".

So....once we left there I called the WalMart in Merced asking what their situation was like. Was told there was just "a couple of people camping" and that they would have "some". So we thought "ok, let's go". We got in line at WalMart (ended up being around 8th/9th in line). Around 10:30pm a lady tells us, that according to someone she talked to they are only having 8 units and that the Target down the street was getting 42 and there were only 2 campers there. She suggested we all go down there.

So, for our group of campers in front of WalMart, I took off to Target to see what the situation was. I talked to the 2 guys in line and they confirmed what the woman had said and that we were all welcome to come over. I went back and told them what was going on. While I was gone they were told WalMart was going to give them out until Monday (WTF?). So....we all headed over to Target and waited in line at Target. I ended up 4th in line and got mine/my brother 5th. Everyone was really cool....no scalpers it seemed like. Everyone was talking about the games (zelda especially).

Target there actually ended up with 36 and had to turn people away (not sure how many exactly they had to turn away, but they confirmed they had to do some).

We were also told that Best Buy put a note on their door that they only had 24.

#63 Redeema

Redeema

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2006 - 01:41 AM

Those numbers suck ass. I found out last night that I could've had one if I came back to San Jose, I know a manager at Circuit and he told me they got 35 (which in my opinion is a lot for a Circuit City) that was enough for everyone waiting in line and for anyone who happened to walk in a little later. I totally missed out on calling him because I was so depressed about not getting one.

Worst part is that I was first at Costco and my girl was first at Sears (divide and conquer) and neither place had them.

rifsbannerslim.jpg

#64 nervraij

nervraij

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 04 December 2006 - 05:41 PM

Hey everyone. Stockton CAG'er here, though I'm currently in LA for school. Finally got my Wii after a long taxi cab ride to various Targets yesterday. I'm now happily playing Zelda, but I'm hoping that when I go back to Stockton I'll be able to snag another wiimote. Anyone know if there's any in stock at the stores around the area? I remember seeing some at Target when I was there over Thanksgiving; too bad I didn't have my Wii yet. :(

#65 Redeema

Redeema

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2006 - 11:46 PM

Well, I don't live in that area, but my Walmart and Kmart just had them last week possibly left over from launch. I scooped them up and sold them on ebay, but there's a good chance that you'll be able to find them since there was just a restock at Target and the like.

I went to San Jose to get myself a system (actually two) it was a lot of waiting, but after spending just a few hours with Wii sports I can tell it's only going to get better over the course of the system's lifespan.

rifsbannerslim.jpg

#66 nervraij

nervraij

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 05 December 2006 - 03:23 AM

Yeah, here in SoCal I haven't had luck in finding extra remotes. Hopefully it'll get better.

I was actually on the fence about getting the Wii, but now that I have it, I can't stop playing, even though my arms are sore. I just wish I hadn't bought it so close to finals week.

#67 mj1108

mj1108

Ignore the screams

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2006 - 07:39 AM

WalMart here has been about the best bet when it's come to extra Wiimotes/Nunchucks. Target on the other hand has been best for the classic controller...go figure.

#68 Redeema

Redeema

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2006 - 05:56 PM

I have yet to see a Classic Controller in stores, but I'm not looking very hard either since I have no intentions of downloading anything from the VC for now.

rifsbannerslim.jpg

#69 ch3zyp00fs

ch3zyp00fs

CAGcast Groupie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2006 - 07:37 AM

add me to the OP list!! I'm 209! :)

I'm back down from college, I'm about to see if Kmart in Atwater has any clearance games. Anyone been there and knows?
Use the Swagbucks Google Search Engine and Win Prizes with me! Click the banner and lets get points and FREE SWAG!

Posted Image

#70 Redeema

Redeema

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2006 - 05:15 PM

Well, then. I added you to the list, we're now four strong! W00T1

rifsbannerslim.jpg

#71 MrBrando

MrBrando

I pity the fool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2006 - 12:34 AM

Modesto here! Can't believe I just found this thread. Anyone have a PS3?
Posted Image

#72 Redeema

Redeema

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2006 - 02:48 AM

As in a spare one or just have one? I've got a Wii (and a spare, for now), but no PS3, I'll wait until there's a real good reason to have one until I get one.

rifsbannerslim.jpg

#73 Cai

Cai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2006 - 04:57 AM

Yo! Add me to the list (Stockton).

#74 mj1108

mj1108

Ignore the screams

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2007 - 05:36 AM

Nothing really new to update here in Merced....

Target here seems to have the PS3 in-stock pretty steadily over the last 2 weeks (only 60 gigs). Earlier this week I was there and they actually had 8 Wii's in-stock. Went back the next day and they were gone. Must have just gotten them in.

The Target in Turlock had quite a few games on clearance (30-50% off)...don't have a list, unfortunately. Titles were mostly originally $19.99-$29.99 titles they were trying to get rid of. No idea what's left as I was there earlier in the week.

#75 Redeema

Redeema

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2007 - 01:26 AM

Gunpey (DS) was probably one of those games I picked it up for $15 because you can never have enough good puzzle games.

rifsbannerslim.jpg

#76 Redeema

Redeema

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2007 - 04:23 PM

How's the Best Buy in Merced for those clearance games? I stopped in Gilroy and picked up a couple, but that's all they had, by the time I have a chance to go out there they'll probably all be gone, but is there an outside chance they'll have stuff Friday?

rifsbannerslim.jpg

#77 mj1108

mj1108

Ignore the screams

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2007 - 01:59 AM

How's the Best Buy in Merced for those clearance games? I stopped in Gilroy and picked up a couple, but that's all they had, by the time I have a chance to go out there they'll probably all be gone, but is there an outside chance they'll have stuff Friday?

I know this reply is late but what the heck.... for the clearance prices at Best Buy here, they had virtually nothing when those prices hit so you didn't miss anything.

#78 ch3zyp00fs

ch3zyp00fs

CAGcast Groupie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2007 - 01:33 AM

Back in town for spring break... looks like the best buy clearance here was dried out. But this week for the 24.99 ds games at Target, I was able to get FFIII and Hotel Dusk. Oh ya Redeema, you're right in the OP, I'm from Atwater.
Use the Swagbucks Google Search Engine and Win Prizes with me! Click the banner and lets get points and FREE SWAG!

Posted Image

#79 mj1108

mj1108

Ignore the screams

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2007 - 05:18 AM

Back in town for spring break... looks like the best buy clearance here was dried out. But this week for the 24.99 ds games at Target, I was able to get FFIII and Hotel Dusk. Oh ya Redeema, you're right in the OP, I'm from Atwater.

I wanted to jump on a couple of those DS titles at Target but a lack of cash and the idea of rather putting the money towards Super Paper Mario when I get paid has made me wait a bit.

Welcome to the thread! Cool to have someone else "down the road".

#80 mj1108

mj1108

Ignore the screams

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2007 - 02:20 AM

Just a heads up.... Circuit City in Merced has Guitar Hero 2 for the 360 for sale. It's not supposed to be out until next week.

http://i2.photobucke...an925/360cc.jpg
http://i2.photobucke...n925/360cc2.jpg

#81 ch3zyp00fs

ch3zyp00fs

CAGcast Groupie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:40 AM

I'm back in the 209 now that I finished college. Time for the real world.

Posted Image

#82 Redeema

Redeema

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2007 - 12:33 AM

Hah! Congratulations. Enjoy life.

rifsbannerslim.jpg

#83 retro_killa

retro_killa

Posted 13 August 2007 - 05:57 AM

add me to the sactown section ;)

Rather than create a Central Cali thread I decided to narrow it down to just those in the 209 area code because the area is so stretched out and nearly impossible to get to. With all the tiny little towns with populations 20k and under it's just easier to do it this way, so if there's anyone else representin' the 209 area code go ahead and post here where you're from.

I live in Los Banos. (translation: The Springs for all you jerks out there)

Other 209 Members:

Redeema- Los Banos
mj1108- Merced
longdillon1- Merced
ch3zyp00fs- Atwater?
MrBrando- Modesto
Cai- Stockton

#84 ch3zyp00fs

ch3zyp00fs

CAGcast Groupie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:46 AM

Hah! Congratulations. Enjoy life.

Thanks. People are right tho when they say that the first 6-18 months after school, whether you have a job or not... SUCK.

Posted Image

#85 JustBlaze

JustBlaze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:55 AM

Hell yea.. Thought no one in the world lived in the 209.. I'm in Lodi!
Posted Image
JustBlaze the K!NG of Referrals/Freebiesites.
Working On:
RocketBills $25/Ref <-- Now Paying!

Received:
OfferCentric {$5655} Trainscendent Innovations, Inc. {$4935} 123StuffForFree {$4500}GiftXtent {$1800} 2DollarDeal {$1200} + A Hell Alot More ;)
FOR SALE: Apple iPhone 8GB UNLOCKED & JAILBROKEN 1.1.2/1.1.3 YOUR CHOICE! ANY GSM BID NOW

#86 Redeema

Redeema

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2007 - 02:07 PM

The list has been edited, so is there any place to get a cheap game right now?

rifsbannerslim.jpg

#87 mj1108

mj1108

Ignore the screams

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2007 - 05:55 AM

The list has been edited, so is there any place to get a cheap game right now?

Unfortunately around here deals have been more/less non-existant for awhile now. :(

#88 Redeema

Redeema

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2007 - 08:16 PM

Yeah, it sucks now that there is no Toys R Us for you especially when they're blowing out some good games right now and there's not really anywhere else to get a great deal.

rifsbannerslim.jpg

#89 mj1108

mj1108

Ignore the screams

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2007 - 08:03 AM

Yeah, it sucks now that there is no Toys R Us for you especially when they're blowing out some good games right now and there's not really anywhere else to get a great deal.

Best Buy has actually been doing some deals as of late here on the weekends. They've either had color stickers = (whatever % off) sales... i.e. pink sticker = 15% off or whatever off of select titles. A couple of weekends ago they had a 50% off table of select titles. I just haven't been on a computer long enough on the weekends to get over here to post the stuff. :( I'll do what I can to make sure I can get the deals posted here from here on out....and hopefully if anyone else here in Merced sees the deals they'll post them here as well if I can't get to it.

But other than that....it's really, really sucked. WalMart has been WalMart, Target hasn't been clearancing any titles... unsure of Gamestop in the mall or Gamestop (which used to be EB) over in the Olivewood Shopping Center. Seems like it's the same ol' crap going on in there. Best Buy seems to be the one to really watch here. I miss TRU. :(

If anyone is looking for a Wii, Target in Merced has had them in-stock on a constant basis for the last week and a half or so. Was there Tuesday evening and saw a dozen.

#90 vectorscalar

vectorscalar

Sic Semper Ignotus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2007 - 07:25 PM

I live in Delhi so I stradle Merced/Turlock looking for deals. I buy most of my new stuff from BB in Merced, used from GC in Turlock (good luck with them).

Just a post to intro myself, and let y'all know that I'll post any deals I find.

/s Vector