Mac cool websites?

racthamp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
I'm thinking about getting the new macpro.. anyone here know good sites for Macintosh information? All i know is the macworld.com .. any suggestion? thanx

[quote name='JimmieMac']Use google and get a hair cut, hippie.[/QUOTE]

haha. thanx i did google.. it but I'm asking if someone know a good site that has mac info.. google show a bunch of apple related site.. i'm talking about a site like CAG.. if anyone use mac... and know anything.. let me know thanx..

[quote name='Tiphireth']fuck Mac. Buy a PC.[/QUOTE]
Haven't you seen Apple's new splash page? It's obvious that if you don't have an APple, you do jack shit on your computer.

"What's an Intel chip doing in a Mac? A whole lot more than it's ever done in a PC"

Yea, Apple is awesome :roll:. Their condescending issue makes them so 1337.

[quote name='capitalist_mao']Haven't you seen Apple's new splash page? It's obvious that if you don't have an APple, you do jack shit on your computer.

"What's an Intel chip doing in a Mac? A whole lot more than it's ever done in a PC"

Yea, Apple is awesome :roll:. Their condescending issue makes them so 1337.[/QUOTE]
Its all about the GUI, the attitude and the design.

Geez parents just don't understand. j/k

For web development, graphic deisgn or video production you're going to be in for the ride of a lifetime with a Mac. The complete line of Macromedia and Adobe products are universal standards. Final Cut Pro is the single best piece of video software on the planet. All of those come with enormous price tags. Office 2004, which I have and use, is great though MS's Mac unit did not include Front Page, Publisher, Project or Visio. It's just Word, Power Point, Excel and Entourage (Same thing as a full version of Outlook, different name.).

Out of the box OS X Tiger blows any version of Windows out of the water. Stability compared to XP is much better mainly due to its Unix BSD base/kernel. Safari 3.0 is a fully integrated RSS browser (I'm using it now.), and of course the new Tiger features like widgets and spotlight make it extremely user friendly for keeping things organized and not being able to lose anything.

Apple's biggest fault is they are notoriously stingy on RAM and the OS is a resource pig. I know they now come with 512MB standard but that's a bare bones minimum. If you're going to be doing any processor intensive work with Photoshop, Final Cut etc. you're going to want 1GB or more. If ordering from apple.com or getting it at an Apple Store don't get your RAM from them, their prices suck.

thanx guys.. yep.. i'm getting a mac for my school podcast projects (not that i have to get a Mac but iLife 06 would make it that much smoother).....

[quote name='usickenme']I am a big mac fan..here are some good sites.

www.macsurfer.com - daily posts of mac/ apple stories with tons of links. This is **the** mac site
ww.xlr8yourmac.com -great tech news and reviews of mac
www.maccentral.com - more of a general news site
www.dealmac.com- what else, the best in mac deals
www.insidemacgames.com -sure it is mainly about games but they have a good forum
www.maccast.com - home to the definitive mac podcast[/QUOTE]

thank you for these links, look very cool. i'll be reading it. quite often..

you have any idea if this place www.memorytogo.com (feture on first page of macsurfer.com are legit? their ram for macbook seem to be reasonable priced ($106) (crucial jacked up their price to $187 couple days ago for the 1GB)

don't forget www.mac-forums.com. It's alot smaller than macrumors. I like there layout better, too.

As for RAM, buying from the apple store might be ok if you're buying a 2 gb stick since the prices are comparable to buying 2 1gb sticks from newegg. I have an ibook and installed a 1gb stick in it a few weeks ago. I bought the RAM from newegg.

[quote name='racthamp']
you have any idea if this place www.memorytogo.com (feture on first page of macsurfer.com are legit? their ram for macbook seem to be reasonable priced ($106) (crucial jacked up their price to $187 couple days ago for the 1GB)[/QUOTE]

I've purchased from them a few times w/o any problems. You can also check out www.dealram.com and search by system.

[quote name='capitalist_mao']Haven't you seen Apple's new splash page? It's obvious that if you don't have an APple, you do jack shit on your computer.
.[/QUOTE]

I know you are being sarcastic but iLife makes this point quite well. I would guess a large number of casual users do web surfering and not much more.

iLife is a great program suite that lets people do much more with their computers.

Power + ease is a good thing.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']For web development, graphic deisgn or video production you're going to be in for the ride of a lifetime with a Mac. The complete line of Macromedia and Adobe products are universal standards. Final Cut Pro is the single best piece of video software on the planet. All of those come with enormous price tags. Office 2004, which I have and use, is great though MS's Mac unit did not include Front Page, Publisher, Project or Visio. It's just Word, Power Point, Excel and Entourage (Same thing as a full version of Outlook, different name.).

Out of the box OS X Tiger blows any version of Windows out of the water. Stability compared to XP is much better mainly due to its Unix BSD base/kernel. Safari 3.0 is a fully integrated RSS browser (I'm using it now.), and of course the new Tiger features like widgets and spotlight make it extremely user friendly for keeping things organized and not being able to lose anything.

Apple's biggest fault is they are notoriously stingy on RAM and the OS is a resource pig. I know they now come with 512MB standard but that's a bare bones minimum. If you're going to be doing any processor intensive work with Photoshop, Final Cut etc. you're going to want 1GB or more. If ordering from apple.com or getting it at an Apple Store don't get your RAM from them, their prices suck.[/QUOTE]

Quoted for Truth.

Yes, you can play games on a Mac, but you'll only get the biggest titles, and you'll wait 6 months to a year after their WIndows release (excepting Blizzard).

[quote name='usickenme']I've purchased from them a few times w/o any problems. You can also check out www.dealram.com and search by system.

I know you are being sarcastic but iLife makes this point quite well. I would guess a large number of casual users do web surfering and not much more.

iLife is a great program suite that lets people do much more with their computers.

Power + ease is a good thing.[/QUOTE]

how about 18004memory.com? are they cool? they seem to have the lowest price and free shipping.. thanx

bread's done
Back