Hmmm, are you sure it was Oscar? ;)

yea you are right. It was George. Sometimes I get them confused

Posted Image

#32 joeposh

joeposh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2006 - 04:53 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the show launch on Sunday, which was probably their premiere primetime spot following the Simpsons?

I don't really think it needed to be cancelled (there are far worse shows on every station), but the fact is its a niche comedy that not everyone loves. My fiancee loves it, I only find about half of it amusing. And The Office is actually the best sitcom currently ;)

Well FOX also marketed it as a goofball comedy when it was first put out, and then put zero marketing push behind it, outside of a few "emmy award winning" ad's before the debut of the second season. They pretty much dug it's grave with the timeslot move and constant pre-emptions this season. I've seen ads for The Office ever since it debuted last spring, even when the first season was struggling to find itself. NBC stuck with the show and now it's a success because of a strong push (although I haven't been too keen on their treatment of Scrubs).

#33 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2006 - 05:23 AM

Well FOX also marketed it as a goofball comedy when it was first put out, and then put zero marketing push behind it, outside of a few "emmy award winning" ad's before the debut of the second season. They pretty much dug it's grave with the timeslot move and constant pre-emptions this season. I've seen ads for The Office ever since it debuted last spring, even when the first season was struggling to find itself. NBC stuck with the show and now it's a success because of a strong push (although I haven't been too keen on their treatment of Scrubs).

They don't market Scrubs well because they don't own Scrubs, they just own the right to show episodes of the show. It is produced by Buena Vista (at least the dvds are, which has ties to ABC). Whereas a dollar of marketing for The Office goes not only toward the show, but also promotes the eventual DVD or iTunes episode release. A dollar of marketing for Scrubs is a dollar toward promoting the TV broadcasts as well as promoting the dvd release by a competitor. From a numbers standpoint, ads are better spent on shows wholy owned by NBC-Universal. This is probably why Scrubs has been jerked around a bit in terms of less-than-stellar timeslot, and the delayed start of this season.

On the subject of AD, I think it is a shame they moved it from Sunday when they did, just as Family Guy and American Dad made it worth it to stick around for more of the Sunday line-up. War at Home only suceeded because of it's timeslot, pure and simple. On the other hand, you cannot completely blame Fox, other shows on the network have been just as good and met MUCH quicker ends. Considering it is Fox, I am amazed it lasted as long as it did given the ratings, 2 and 1/2ish seasons. Be thankful they stuck with it and didn't cancel it after the first run of 13 episodes.

Guardian_owl.png

#34 megaseadramon

megaseadramon

I'm not a Eunuch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2006 - 06:01 AM

If scrubs goes off the air, that will be the end of all tv. Well except for my name is earl
Posted Image

#35 Kaijufan

Kaijufan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2006 - 06:24 AM

We got some great episodes, especially the last two.
The finale was great, and did a great job of wrapping up the series while creating enough new storylines to do another few seasons. Lets hope we get more of this amazing series.
It's great Fox let them film a real finale after announcing the episode cutback.
Posted Image

#36 DrunkTigerWoods

DrunkTigerWoods

Madness and malarkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2006 - 06:42 AM

Tis a sad day indeed. I can only hope that the show somehow continues to go on. :cry:

552494.png

:wii: Kirby's Dream Collection 

#37 modium

modium

No! Not the Crackslam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2006 - 07:08 AM

Essentially a perfect batch of episodes. I couldn't imagine a better way for the show to go out.

#38 ValkyrieVF-1S

ValkyrieVF-1S

Skull One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2006 - 07:34 AM

It was great how they used William Hung.
The Worst Foe Lies Within - Parasite Eve
gallery_587_6858_5265.jpg gallery_587_6858_1293.jpg

#39 munch

munch

la tĂȘte de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2006 - 01:46 PM

It was great how they used William Hung.

i almost cried laughing when judge reinhold (sp?) said, "Well, no matter what we'll have a Hung jury!" :rofl: That was hilarious.

#40 karsh

karsh

Posted 11 February 2006 - 04:19 PM

I loved Ron Howard at the very end. Though quite frankly, Ron had some of the best moments in these four episodes, like "Let's see what everyone else is doing...Nope, nothing interesting here.....Or here.......Oh my!"

Posted Image

#41 Stoneage

Stoneage

Don't touch my stuff!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2006 - 04:33 PM

The part I laughed the hardest at was when Michael threw the keys to George Michael, and GM just totally flinched out of the way. After Michael said something like, "we don't shy away from our problems" so something.

Edit: It was, "Hey, who's tougher than us?" Then he throws the keys.
[IMG][IMG]http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/8568/mekonsmaskscopylo0.th.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]

#42 cdeener

cdeener

Love Those Price Drops!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2006 - 04:54 PM

The funniest thing to me was the fact when we found out that their mother was the mastermind behind all the Bluth madness in the business world and how she bascially sold the company to her enemy when she stopped having faith in her decision to have Michael as CEO.

Another thing, I find funny is that George Michael and Maria are married and GM never told his father but that he got to second base with her. Did anyone else get a laugh when everytime someone said they got to second base they would flash a pic of Pete Rose sliding into to second base.

Didn't really start watching until they started to show reruns so I joint during the second season but I have to say when I watched this was one of the funniest family comdies I have ever seen.
Never settle for full price unless you have no other choice. ;)

#43 karsh

karsh

Posted 11 February 2006 - 05:41 PM

I forgot. My real favorite part was when Maeby and George Michael were having the fake wedding in the first episode and Maeby ran out. And then George Michael looked at the "priest" and said something about what they should do now and the guy was like "Wait a minute........Now it's a Bar Mitzvah!" And how all the Alzheimer patients were celebrating with GM after it.

Posted Image

#44 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 11 February 2006 - 06:17 PM

my favorite parts were when Gob could have gotten out of prison, but kept keeping himself there and saying c'mon. I loved when he did that with the suit so I loved to see it again here.

I also started rolling during the bush burning scene and the interaction between Jason and Justine about sex and marriage were akward and hilarious

Posted Image

#45 Ugamer_X

Ugamer_X

You can trust me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2006 - 06:20 PM

"And my real name is hello"

That really got me laughing.

#46 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2006 - 06:23 PM

Perhaps when they are talking about the garbage that's on TV right now.

Oscar: "But I like skating with celebrities..."

Excellent jab at Fox.

#47 sblymnlcrymnl

sblymnlcrymnl

married ... with children

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2006 - 06:33 PM

Well I'm downloading the last one now, I'll watch them later.

#48 munch

munch

la tĂȘte de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2006 - 06:46 PM

Well I'm downloading the last one now, I'll watch them later.

Where/how are you doing that?

#49 y2jedi

y2jedi

Klaatu varata nicto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2006 - 07:09 PM

I had to pause a few times to pick up on the "George Bush doesn't care about black puppets"
And to see the printout from Michael's old PC that had Nellie listed as a "Conslutant"

Funny stuff.

The bluths will be missed.

#50 senorwoohoo

senorwoohoo

Posted 11 February 2006 - 07:34 PM

:( So sad that it's over...I really hope someone picks it up.

#51 megaseadramon

megaseadramon

I'm not a Eunuch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2006 - 09:15 PM

I just got done watching it and I think it was a fantastic finale. I like how micheal and his dad and son are on there way to live on an island. The epilogue was funny as hell with ron howard saying the pitch wouldn't work as a show, but maybe as a movie.
Posted Image

#52 dudecool320

dudecool320

COOKIES YAY!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2006 - 10:30 PM

R.I.P Arrested Development:booty:
"I can eat a box of cookies for dinner if I wanted too. What, can you do that? No. Cause Your a fart face kid." Will FerrellPosted Image Posted Image

#53 Whambamm

Whambamm

Thank you ma'am

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2006 - 10:55 PM

I absolutely loved the last four episodes and am unbelievably sad that the best show on television is going off the air. I think the funniest part of last night's episodes was during the "on the next AD" after the second episode. When the senator(?) got in bed and started spooning with the supposedly comatose Buster, I started losing it, I was laughing so hard.
Posted Image Posted Image

Winner of the 2004 and 2006 CAG NFL Suicide Pool.
My Tradelist

Posted Image

#54 SpottedNigel

SpottedNigel

Posted 12 February 2006 - 04:43 AM

Wow...just watched the last 5 episodes... I feel depressed right now. That was one of the best endings for a TV series ever (right up there with the Bob Newhart show...Fuck Mash and Seinfeld). Hopefully they will NOT be missed, and somebody (CBS? Showtime? Lifetime?) picks them up.

#55 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Random Access Memories

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2006 - 05:09 AM

Munch from law And Order was on an episode. That was a cool little thing. I only watch 3 of the 4 episodes yesterday and I'll watch the other tomorrow. They need to keep this show on the air.

#56 j.elles

j.elles

Gaming Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2006 - 05:37 AM

Definetly need to keep this going.

The movie idea at the end from the man himself. Ron Howard. Plus the hole adopted sister hitting on him, Ann dating Gob, GM and Maebe married, etc. . .

The clincher for me for a possible continuation though is the mother about to be arrested in George Sr.'s place because he ratted her out. Which is probably why all those charges against him were dropped.
"The future changes as we stand here, else we are the game pieces of the gods, not their heirs, as we have been promised."
"Tanis comes to me for advice, not because I am a seer. He comes because I am able to think, which is something most of these other fools seem incapable of doing."-Raistlin

#57 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2006 - 02:41 AM

Great 4 episodes. I can't believe it's over.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#58 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2006 - 03:07 AM

Not to sound like a dick but I tuned this show out eventually. I mean I LOVED it when I first caught it but I thought it got too tame and the jokes ended up few and far between. I mean let's be honest, one of the things that MADE this show was it's outrageousness which is why I'm DEFINITELY picking up Season 1.
To give people an example the gay jokes with Tobias were great, when he ends up in the sex shop("Actually I'm Bi-curious"), the police strippers on the boat and the father in prison and how the people were courting him to join gangs, just fucking great.
Now if the last 4 episodes were like Season 1 I'll definitely have to catch it.
Posted Image

"Friends let friends eat each other out.".

#59 SpottedNigel

SpottedNigel

Posted 13 February 2006 - 03:19 AM

Busters hand being used as a love device
"I blew myself"
MANY random innuendo jokes
...and if only I was awake to remember more from Season 2.
The show never lost its edge.

the last 4 episodes felt like a Showtime show with the language bleeped out.