Photo
- - - - -

Minor irritants: poorly made forums

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 vherub

vherub

Posted 13 February 2006 - 05:39 PM

You take for granted forums that not only are well laid out, but have advanced features to easily post. And the prevalence would make it seem all sites with a forum should be on the ball.
So it kind of bothers when forums are crippled by not having edit keys, search buttons or any of the other standards usually in place. And it is especially terrible where there is no real forum and just one long listings of posts.
Having just spent some time on the myspacfe forums, I felt the need to vent some.

#2 sblymnlcrymnl

sblymnlcrymnl

married ... with children

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2006 - 05:40 PM

Yeah, shitty forums suck. Any other revelations you'd like to share with the class? :lol:

#3 Michaellvortega

Michaellvortega

Halo 3 is coming........

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2006 - 05:55 PM

Bungie.net fourms suck
DISCLAIMER:These postings are provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Posted Image

#4 Guest_Apossum_*

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 13 February 2006 - 05:56 PM

gamefaqs is the 3rd world country of forums (not only are the people uneducated, but there's no functionality)

#5 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2006 - 06:06 PM

Having just spent some time on the (myspace) forums, I felt the need to vent some.

The myspace forums are terrible. So are the chat room. Everything is half-assed on that website.

Damn you xevious...

Damn you Xevious... damn you to hell.....

Damn you Xevious be quiet.

So you know EBM? Damn you Xevious...

#6 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2006 - 06:12 PM

gamefaqs is the 3rd world country of forums (not only are the people uneducated, but there's no functionality)

Agreed... why have they never taken the time to upgrade their forums?

No edit button, a shitty search... I thought GameFAQ's was what the OP was leading up to. GameFAQ's has decent forums on the lesser known game sub-forum's, just stay away from the main forums.

I called my lady friend last night and said my buddy had to beat off on my chest, she is kinda pissed at me, but it was the best idea I had all night, and I stand by it.

Posted Image

#7 daphatty

daphatty

VTEC Bitches!

• Super Moderators

Posted 13 February 2006 - 08:25 PM

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the blizzard forums. Absolute crap! They've been using the same forum style since the late 90's. You'd think that they would upgrade their forum servers/software considering how much money they pull in with their excellent games.

Posted Image

#8 rabbitt

rabbitt

A Symphony of Horror

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2006 - 12:01 AM

Posted Image

"I remember when we had to wait fifteen minutes to post a message."

Seriousely though, OP, I agree. We've got some great forums.

#9 Msia

Msia

COR BLIMEY!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2006 - 12:05 AM

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the blizzard forums. Absolute crap! They've been using the same forum style since the late 90's. You'd think that they would upgrade their forum servers/software considering how much money they pull in with their excellent games.

QFT mang.