Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAG blocked at work? Links not working or appearing?

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#31 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 07 April 2005 - 10:06 PM

Don't know if it has anything to do with the recent MBboard switch, but all the photo gallery links do not work for me anymore--- they just take me back to the main page. A few others up top also just take me back to the main page.

Yes, anything with a path of /forum will take you to the front page, due to the msg board software switch...new gallery incoming (at some point)

#32 munch

munch

la tête de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2005 - 01:35 AM

I'm not sure if this belongs here or not, but every time i click on the home button in the top left corner of the forum section it takes me back to the forums rather than the homepage. Maybe it's just me, but i thought you'd like to know CheapyD.

that rhymed.

#33 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2005 - 07:02 AM

Hmmm

#34 stocker08

stocker08

Socially Awkward

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2005 - 03:51 AM

im having the same problem, hopefulkly this will fix it for good.

#35 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 17 June 2005 - 03:19 PM

I'm not sure if this belongs here or not, but every time i click on the home button in the top left corner of the forum section it takes me back to the forums rather than the homepage. Maybe it's just me, but i thought you'd like to know CheapyD.

that rhymed.

No, it doesn't really belong here, but i hear ya...Fixed.
I fixed it in the footer too.

#36 evilmax17

evilmax17

Yardsaling CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2005 - 03:33 PM

No, it doesn't really belong here, but i hear ya...Fixed.
I fixed it in the footer too.

You have the banner right above it that goes to the front page, I would change the Home button back to the forum-home.

Lol also, you might want to sync up the banner background color with the forum background color.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#37 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 17 June 2005 - 03:49 PM

Yeah, but you also have the link to the forum index in the forum nav which is on every page.

#38 GreenMonkey

GreenMonkey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2005 - 12:10 PM

I had this problem until just this morning. Fixed, CAG links work and give credit to CAG, yay!

I followed the guide on Fatwallet (as their cashback also wasn't working). This is the list of sites they have listed to remove from the HOSTS file...
linksynergy.com
bfast.com
qksrv.net <------NOTE: this entry redirects to Commission Junction
tkqlhce.com
kqzyfj.com
jdoqocy.com
dpbolvw.net
anrdoezrs.net
cc-dt.com
cj.com
commission-junction.com
"I have seen what power does, and I have seen what power costs. The one is never equal to the other."
-G'kar, Babylon 5, "Epiphanies"

#39 ch3zyp00fs

ch3zyp00fs

CAGcast Groupie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2005 - 01:17 AM

ahh. this is awesome. in almost 2 years and I never saw this. THanks Cheapy
Use the Swagbucks Google Search Engine and Win Prizes with me! Click the banner and lets get points and FREE SWAG!

Posted Image

#40 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2005 - 06:22 AM

Hmmm....well, I've had this problem for a while, and I knew the thread was here. (I was just being lazy) But, after adding the #'s, the site works fine....for a day. Then, when I come back the next day, the damn thing is back the way it was! Any way to fix this? I believe it could be Spy Sweeper, as every entry in the HOSTS ends with Spy Sweeper...

(Also, I remember seeing it before, but besides changing your screen to 1024X768, is there a way I can bring the Gaming, Trading & Cheap Ass Lifestyle back up to the top of the page? I'm running on 800X600 becuase I am legally blind, and need it the stuff big. Running with 800X600 resolution makes the Gaming, Trading & Cheap Ass Lifestyle fall to the bottom of the frontpage; very annoying. When I switch to 1024X768, it moves to its correct spot at the top...)

#41 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2005 - 04:45 PM

Also, the banner (when clicked) takes me back to the frontpage, which is what it is supposed to do. However, the Home button also takes me to the frontpage...isn't it supposed to take me to the forum index?

#42 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 06 September 2005 - 06:05 PM

Hmmm....well, I've had this problem for a while, and I knew the thread was here. (I was just being lazy) But, after adding the #'s, the site works fine....for a day. Then, when I come back the next day, the damn thing is back the way it was! Any way to fix this? I believe it could be Spy Sweeper, as every entry in the HOSTS ends with Spy Sweeper...

Yeah, its probably Spy Sweeper. See if there is a way to configure it so it doesn't alter your HOSTS file. Maybe consider switching to AdAware, which I believe does not make those changes.

(Also, I remember seeing it before, but besides changing your screen to 1024X768, is there a way I can bring the Gaming, Trading & Cheap Ass Lifestyle back up to the top of the page? I'm running on 800X600 becuase I am legally blind, and need it the stuff big. Running with 800X600 resolution makes the Gaming, Trading & Cheap Ass Lifestyle fall to the bottom of the frontpage; very annoying. When I switch to 1024X768, it moves to its correct spot at the top...)

Give it a try now. I removed the eBay box from the first page. I think that was causing the page to display awkwardly in 800x600.

Also, the banner (when clicked) takes me back to the frontpage, which is what it is supposed to do. However, the Home button also takes me to the frontpage...isn't it supposed to take me to the forum index?

I'm pretty sure there is no "supposed to". Home to me, means the front page of CAG. There is always a link to the forum index visable in the navigation bar (except when you are already viewing the index).

#43 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2005 - 06:23 PM

The 800X600 works great now...thanks! As for the home thing, I could've sworn it went to the forum index previously...oh well, it didn't really matter that much. I'm looking through Spy Sweeper to figure out how to change it...and I also have AdAware, just so you know...

#44 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 06 September 2005 - 06:29 PM

The 800X600 works great now...thanks! As for the home thing, I could've sworn it went to the forum index previously...oh well, it didn't really matter that much. I'm looking through Spy Sweeper to figure out how to change it...and I also have AdAware, just so you know...

You are correct, the HOME button did previously go to the forum index. I changed it a few months ago.

#45 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2005 - 06:30 PM

You are correct, the HOME button did previously go to the forum index. I changed it a few months ago.

That would be why I had some confusion... :lol: Oh, and Spy Sweeper was easy to change...the links work great now...thanks again Cheapy!

#46 cag1000

cag1000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2005 - 09:18 PM

Cheapy, could you reinstate the www.Cheapyd.com link?
I can't access from work
thanx

#47 CYRiX

CYRiX

Posted 25 October 2005 - 11:17 PM

yeah wrong topic.
I decided against buying some things I bidded on a lowball auction. Didn't know it'd be a big problem. Sue me.

#48 radjago

radjago

Long-time CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2005 - 11:02 AM

EB links aren't working.

#49 csidegamer

csidegamer

What problem w/ Dwarves?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2005 - 01:56 PM

EBay links are not working for me.
Nothing in my hosts file or spyware progs.
fs_overall.pngs2741431x15a.png

#50 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 26 October 2005 - 02:01 PM

Yeah, current link problems are related to this: http://cheapassgamer...ead.php?t=71263

#51 AcePuppy

AcePuppy

Yoshi Yoshi!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2006 - 10:04 PM

CheapyD just wanted to let you know www.cheapyd.com is blocked by Websense. :( Since the company I work for uses Websense I still can't see the site! Just giving you the heads up and others as well.

#52 Moxio

Moxio

Supervillain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2006 - 12:29 AM

Proxy? Anonymizer or something.

#53 AcePuppy

AcePuppy

Yoshi Yoshi!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2006 - 01:00 AM

Proxy? Anonymizer or something.

Already tried it at work. 90% of web proxies don't allow the 'post' command meaning you can't even login to the forum.

#54 EXStrike

EXStrike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2006 - 05:53 PM

http://abordaje.net/...y/nph-proxy.cgi

This proxy is the one I'm using right now.

#55 mrblinG22

mrblinG22

superbowl = massacre

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2006 - 02:50 AM

Hmm, didnt know there was a

"Cheap Ass Chat"...

but the links not working for it.
Posted Image

#56 cag1000

cag1000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2006 - 12:18 AM

CheapyD.com and Cheapassgamer.com have been blocked at my work for a long time now. It started probably in the spring with cheapyd.com cag has always been blocked. The reason it shows is a screen that says "games" is filtered. I doubt anything you could do would change the status unless you made another website address but any advice or help you can give would be very appreciated.

#57 danito

danito

Posted 13 October 2006 - 12:32 AM

If a site you need to go to is blocked, go to www.jinfyre.com and type it in there and it'll work!
Posted Image

My Sig- courtesy of Moxio (thanks!)
OH GOD HOW DID THIS GET HERE I AM BAD WITH COMPUTER:
http://www.cheapassg...091#post2549091

#58 cag1000

cag1000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2006 - 01:16 AM

thanx but if that is a proxy server those are blocked also. I work for a major company and would be surprised if anything works at this point.

#59 Fire

Fire

Burn! Burn!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2006 - 04:22 AM

Schools and Businesses have been getting smart about blocking CAG and other sites. I used to be able to use the google translate trick for the site from school, but it no longer works (well it was a simple one). The proxy I used to use went under. And most proxies are blocked now. I can only think of running a script disabling the crap they have on the computers from a thumbdrive, but that would take a lot of time and effort.

#60 jonlubbe

jonlubbe

...For Great Justice!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2006 - 08:51 AM

Wierd things, for me, in firefox, most images fail at displaying, but they show up fine in IE and Opera, strange.