Important CAGcast Poll - How do you download the CAGcast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wombat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Please let us know this is important market research.

How do you get you CAGcast? From Itunes or directly from CAG?

Thank you all for taking this short survey.

I personally won't use itunes - every computer I've ever istalled it on has dropped to a crawl whenever it's running, and besides I hate using proprietary formats.
Plus, it's just easier to get from here, since I'm already here anyway...

I just download it from the CAGcast thread when it's posted. I don't care for iTunes, which is why I uninstalled it when it came bundled with QT.

[quote name='peteloaf']I personally won't use itunes - every computer I've ever istalled it on has dropped to a crawl whenever it's running, and besides I hate using proprietary formats.
Plus, it's just easier to get from here, since I'm already here anyway...[/QUOTE]

1. Get faster computers.
2. Almost all podcasts are mp3 unless they use ACC for the chapter break feature.

Anyway, I use iTunes because it's already running anyway, and because I found its the easiest way to auto-download all my podcasts and sync them with my iPod.

Itunes. It's just easier.
I love listening to you guys at work.
You're the shiznit!
Keep up the good work.

CAG. I have no need for iTunes on my compy. No iPod. I just d/l the CAGCasts, then forget to listen to them. One day I'll go back, and be like "Wow, that's a great sale. Why? Why didn't I listen in a timely manner???"

ill usually get them from itunes, since it d/ls automatically every day, but i think i had to get 17 from here because it wasn't on itunes yet that night and I wanted it so I could listen to it the nex day.

Trying to figure out where your downloads are coming from? I get them from here just because it's easier for me to keep track of a show, download, and delete. Although, I'd use itunes and bring up your rank there all the while saving bandwidth here, if asked.

As much as everyone is anti-apple, you would be benefitting CAG the most by downloading the podcast through iTunes. Itunes remains the top resource for most of the general public to get their podcasts. If the CAG cracks the top 100, that is a ton of exposure which leads to advertisers wanting to sponsor (which I am assuming you guys want).

So do your part and download through itunes.

I listen to a lot of different podcasts (this one's in the top 3) and it would be a pain for me to keep them updated if I DIDN'T use iTunes. As it is, I can just dock my iPod in the morning and be sure that if there's a new episode, it'll be on my iPod.

I'd be curious to see of those who refuse to download the show via iTunes, how many of your are listening to it on an iPod? Anyone?

You can't check iTunes download numbers. I'm not sure about Zune and I'm fairly certain that he can check downloads from the site.

[quote name='RchrdJ']You can't check iTunes download numbers. I'm not sure about Zune and I'm fairly certain that he can check downloads from the site.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Mahoney07']Cant CheapyD use his magic internet admin powers and see how many people downloaded on itunes, cheapassgamer.com, etc?[/QUOTE]

Yes, this poll is pretty useless now, because I have all the stats.
This is from episode #200, which has 18,000+ downloads

I download from the site even though I use iTunes every time to upload podcasts to my iPod because I hate syncing.

I always use iTunes unless the CAGcast comes out late at night after I've already updated my iPod for the next day.

Then I listen to it at work by downloading it off the CAG website.

I don't even have iTunes installed. It's one of the worst pieces of software I've ever used.

I normally listen through iTunes. The show comes out when I'm at work so sometimes I stream it from the site so I can listen to it on my iPhone.

What are you people using instead of iTunes then for music management?

I wouldn't mind using something else as well, but I don't care for WMP too much, and Zune software is more flashy than I need. Just wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back