Forums Upgrade Complete - Outstanding Issues in OP

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
If you are having problems, please try holding down your Shift Key and click the Reload page button in your browser

EDIT:
Forum upgrade complete.
I've turned the forums back on, although is still lots of work left to be done.

Trader Ratings (now called iTrader) is back online, with some additional features.

The biggest noticible change for the average CAG will be the introduction of AJAX, which should improve posting and editing times, as it allows the browser to send/recieve data from the server without reloading the whole page.

Other features:
1) Auto username entry in Private Messaging
2) Skype integration on profile
3) Can edit own thread titles on forumdisplay page

Moderators will benefit from an improved moderation system.

Outstanding Issues
:
Front Page Latest Forum Posts
vBookie
Arcade
Auto affiliate link conversion/image inserter
iTrader -banned users appear in Hall of Shame
Missing submit button directly below post preview
Profile -instant messenger links clickable and send message

icon14.gif

Very good news!

[quote name='CheapyD']
The biggest noticible change for the average CAG will be the introduction of AJAX[/QUOTE]
I gotta go change my undies now...

I can't wait to see what new tools we get.

Hopefully, the "randomly ban user" button will be part of the update.

[quote name='Wombat']How about an option for a white background with black text.[/QUOTE]

Yes please, I've never been a big fan of light gray on dark gray.

Sounds good. Well, downtime always sucks, but if it betters the site, I'm all for it.

(I'm a fan of the forum colors, by the way. Very easy on my bad eyes!)

Posting does seem pretty speedy now. As long as the drop-down for the forum selection goes back up to the top I will have no complaints so far ;)

Oh snap, the edit system is pretty sweet.

why do words on the main forums page seem more orange? And why are the stickys highlighted in green?

are these things the update do, or update error?

EDIT: whoa, the edit function is neato

[quote name='botticus']Posting does seem pretty speedy now. As long as the drop-down for the forum selection goes back up to the top I will have no complaints so far ;)[/quote]
I agree, the drop down was perfect for quick navigation.

Looking good!

Yay?! I'm not sure what AJAX is or how it affects forum posting

*EDIT
well, I guess like cheapy was saying you don't have to load the whole page again, but i wasnt sure what that was going to do until i just posted this message...NICE!!! I also like how editing messages is now too!

[quote name='CheapyD']Moderators will benefit from an improved moderation system.[/quote] I haven't even used it yet, but I can already tell it's awesome. Much easier to use. Thanks Cheapy.

EDIT: The edit system! This is great!

[quote name='Murcielago77']why do words on the main forums page seem more orange? And why are the stickys highlighted in green?

are these things the update do, or update error?

EDIT: whoa, the edit function is neato[/quote]

They look more orange to me too. The green stickies look weird too, I'm sure its being worked on (hopefully).

[quote name='botticus']Posting does seem pretty speedy now. As long as the drop-down for the forum selection goes back up to the top I will have no complaints so far ;)

Oh snap, the edit system is pretty sweet.[/quote]I agree, the drop down menu was much more conveniet up top.

I also dont really like the green stickies, they stick out too much and just look bad with the yellow text.

Edit: Ooh, I do like the new edit system quite a lot

Will the feedback scores be back tonight? Or should I just plan on leaving feedback tomorrow?

Edit: Damnit craven, read the entire thread first. :dunce:

I don't seem to notice anything different - which may actually be a good thing since I like the way CAG worked before this update.

The color of the Sticky Posts, however, for some reason remind me of pre-chewed green gum...

Test post!

EDIT: Woah. Both posting the original and editing the original was faster! Very nice, Cheapy!

testing...

edit: editing...

edit 2: whoa, the speed just melted my face off...or maybe that's all the crack I just smoked

Edit 3: thanks Cheapy!

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']how come it doesn't post when I try to quick reply? I tried here, and on the ds forum. it said i don't have sufficient privileges??[/QUOTE]

Same for me...

One thing I like is that if you click on a person and view their profile it says Online next to their name if they are online.

Nice like ice.

[quote name='Trakan']That spell check box isn't there in Firefox.[/quote]

First time I noticed it was just now. I guess it was because I was trying to notice any changes. CAG seems to load a lot smoother in IE to me.

The only thing i didnt like that i noticed so far is the stickies being highlited in the greenish orangish color.

:Edit: Dang, Sweet editing feature.

Thanks for the update!

Ah, I see the spell check is for IE only, thats why I din't notice it.
1) I will get the menus back the way the were before (already working in firefox, not in IE)
2) I will change the ugly green in the sticky thread backgrounds

bread's done
Back