Most RARE Gamecube games RIGHT NOW?

Nephilim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
I understand this is not a complete or absolutely correct list, just opening up a discussion.

I know some were reprinted like the Resident Evils and Cubivore
Added Pokemon Box (sold one myself for $200)
Blitz 2003 was supposed to be MLB Slugfest 2003, my mistake.

Doing a completed items search on eBay yielded mixed results, but it looks like some are consistently high priced.

Here is the search string I used (you must login to search completed)
gamecube -ps2 -lot -xbox -system -console -playstation -games

These seem to have the highest purchase prices:

Pokemon Box
Zelda Collectors
Zelda Ocarina/Master Quest
NCAA Basketball 2K3
MLB Slugfest 2003
Backyard Baseball
Ikaruga
Bust A Move 3000
Star Wars Jedi Outcast
Mario DDR
Resident Evil 2,3, Code Veronica
Cubivore
Goblin Commander
Gotcha Force
Top Angler

Remember the difference between rare and valuable. The two factors aren't always related.

I imagine that Pokemon Box must be one of the scarcer Cube titles, givin it's extremely limited distribution.

Zelda Collectors - There must be tens of thousands of this. I highly doubt it's less than 100,000 in existance.

Zelda Ocarina/Master Quest - Not at all rare. There logically must be several hundred thousand of these in existance.

Ikaruga - Not spectacularly rare, just valuable.

Bust A Move 3000 - Not rare, just kinda old.

Mario DDR - Not rare, just somewhat scarce at the moment.

Resident Evil 2,3, Code Veronica - Not rare. There was just a price spike for the GCN RE ports amid all the commotion over RE4.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']

Resident Evil 2,3, Code Veronica - Not rare. There was just a price spike for the GCN RE ports amid all the commotion over RE4.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I know at least RE2 and RE3 were quite rare for a while. The thing is, they have received new pressings since then, which is why the cost has come down. This is also why a few other games such as Gitaroo Man, Rez, and Trapt have come down in price as well. There is a small company that is negotiating with the original publishers to be allowed to make extra batches for sale. Here is the site of the company responsible for the reprints: http://www.gamequestdirect.com/

I have:
Zelda Collectors
Ikaruga
Bust A Move 3000
Star Wars Jedi Outcast
Mario DDR
and Pokemon Box

Would any of the GameCube Demo Discs be considered Rare? Like the Metroid Prime 2 disc or the BioHazard 0 disc?

[quote name='Nephilim']Doing a completed items search on eBay yielded mixed results, but it looks like some are consistently high priced.

Here is the search string I used (you must login to search completed)
gamecube -ps2 -lot -xbox -system -console -playstation -games

Zelda Collectors
NCAA Basketball 2K3
NFL Blitz 2003
Backyard Baseball
Ikaruga
Bust A Move 3000
Star Wars Jedi Outcast
Mario DDR
Resident Evil 2,3, Code Veronica[/QUOTE]

None of those game are really hard to find in NYC.I see over 7 copies of each game.Ebay people overpay for these games.The only rare game in their is mario ddr,but soon might disappear with a reprint.Some strange reason Bust A Move 3000 for gamecube is hard to find here. I obtain the only copy in NYC recently.The game is harder to find then Suikoden,Valkyrie Profile,Intelligent Cube,Phoenix Wright,Marvel Vs Capcom 2,Brigandine,Arc the Lad Collection.Maybe it just NYC?

You should also add mc groovz in the overpay list.Ebayer's are paying around $35-50 used for it when you can get a brand new with dance pad for $30 at gamestop.

Zelda Ocarina/Master Quest - Not at all rare. There logically must be several hundred thousand of these in existance

At least. There was one for everyone of the preorders and then extras. I would say at least a million.

Hmm...

I'm going to have to contend with Blitz 2003 and also with Backyard Baseball...

Also, can we just all agree that most people who talk about "Rare" mean valuable? I think the "rare" argument is a losing battle...

[quote name='chosen1s']Hmm...

I'm going to have to contend with Blitz 2003 and also with Backyard Baseball...

Also, can we just all agree that most people who talk about "Rare" mean valuable? I think the "rare" argument is a losing battle...[/QUOTE]

Then they should say valuable. Not at all hard.

[quote name='CapAmerica']I have:
Zelda Collectors
Ikaruga
Bust A Move 3000
Star Wars Jedi Outcast
Mario DDR
and Pokemon Box

Would any of the GameCube Demo Discs be considered Rare? Like the Metroid Prime 2 disc or the BioHazard 0 disc?[/QUOTE]

Eh, maybe those'd be considered rare, but they're demo discs... nobody really cares about them.

Besides Pokemon Box there aren't many 'ultra rare' GCN games...to my knowledge, anyways. Plenty of fairly difficult finds though. I'd sure like to be proven wrong and have a reason to keep buying though.

Made some changes to original post and reminded everyone that I am opening a discussion here, not making a perfected list of rare games.

You may want to add Goblin Commander: Unleash The Horde and, to a lesser extent, Gotcha Force!

Top Angler is also pretty rare nowadays.

I can't imagine the print run for Bust-A-Move 3000 being that high.

[quote name='David85'][quote name='CoffeeEdge']Zelda Ocarina/Master Quest - Not at all rare. There logically must be several hundred thousand of these in existance[/quote]

At least. There was one for everyone of the preorders and then extras. I would say at least a million.[/QUOTE]
Well, there were about 600,000 preorders, and I don't think there were 400,000 spares, so I think it might be a bit less than a million. But whatever. It's still far from rare.

Maybe some of you guys can help me out here cuz I can't seem to find a copy of Pikmin 1 new anywhere....can we add this one to the list?

Zelda Collectors is more rare than Zelda Ocarina/Master Quest IMO... I just found 1 & a used CD store for $16.00 snatched it up right away...

i have 9 items on that list right now, in addition to 4 GC kiosk interactive multi-game demo discs. also 3 factory sealed copies of the RE4 preview disc (wooo).

Reality's Fringe said:
What the hell is Pokemon Box?

Pokemon management software. It let you load in all your Pokemon from all versions, had a vastly expanded pokedex, but no actual game. It was only sold at the Pokemon store in NYC, and only briefly. Came with a special blue/red memory card and a link cable all for $20.

Still readily available in Japan though.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Pokemon management software. It let you load in all your Pokemon from all versions, had a vastly expanded pokedex, but no actual game. It was only sold at the Pokemon store in NYC, and only briefly. Came with a special blue/red memory card and a link cable all for $20.

Still readily available in Japan though.[/quote]

I remember I bought two of these last February. I kept one for myself and I put one up on a tradelist here. I remember people saying it was so common and it was readily available on the Nintendo website so I threw it on ebay and it sold for only $35. I wish I still had that extra now. At least I still have my copy.

Aren't some of the Disney sports games rare as well? Also, that Disney Party game... I haven't seen that game anywhere anymore and it seems to be selling kinda high on fleabay.

I've got Zelda Ocarina/Master Quest and Ikaruga and if I have them I doubt they are rare... maybe a little hard to find now but not rare...

[quote name='cochesecochese']Pokemon management software. It let you load in all your Pokemon from all versions, had a vastly expanded pokedex, but no actual game. It was only sold at the Pokemon store in NYC, and only briefly. Came with a special blue/red memory card and a link cable all for $20.

Still readily available in Japan though.[/QUOTE]

It was also sold online, at pokemoncenter.com. That's where I ended up buying mine.

[quote name='Nephilim']

Pokemon Box
Zelda Collectors
NCAA Basketball 2K3
MLB Slugfest 2003
Backyard Baseball
Ikaruga
Bust A Move 3000
Star Wars Jedi Outcast
Mario DDR
Cubivore
Goblin Commander
Gotcha Force
Top Angler[/quote]

Now the biggest question is.... who the hell wants that entire list of games?

NCAA Basketball? Backyard Baseball? Jedi Outcast? Goblin Commander? Big BLAH there.

At least when PSone games are sought after they're usually decent to great games. This stuff pretty much sucks IMHO.

Okay, Ikaruga, still not hard to find. Not like Valkyrie Profile, Disney DDR or Intelligent Qube hard to find. I can get it inside of 5 minutes online for original retail or less.

The RE games? BFD. So a bunch of Nintendophiles want them because they were too stupid to have a PSone 10 years ago. What's the big deal? A port of a 1997 survival horror game? OOOOOOH! IMPRESSIVE!

The Zelda games any real Nintendo fan has. It was the pre-order for TWW, like that many people DIDN'T get that extra? I walked into BB and got the Zelda Collector's for .01 when that deal was going on. If you don't have them you can get them all in >10 months on a Revolution download.

I know this is a big giant thread crap and I'm sorry but re-sale or used value doesn't mean a game is worth the price.

[quote name='Three Dollar Hooker']I know this is a big giant thread crap and I'm sorry but re-sale or used value doesn't mean a game is worth the price.[/QUOTE]
Uh... actually the thread wasn't discussing the best scarce GC games, it was the most rare/valuable. So irrelevantly thread-crap away.

I wish I had picked up Goblin Commander when I saw it at BB a few months ago. It was all of 9.99, but I figured it was cheap everywhere. Then I find out it's 3 times that on EB/GS. Ah well.

Add- Zatchebelle, One Piece, and Chaos Field as future rare titles

Zatchebelle and One Piece are also on PS2, which is a lot more common

What about Beyond Good & Evil? I only saw that game once at a Microplay in a small town here in Canada (I bought Eternal Darkness for about C$12.99 instead), and I've never seen it again. Once I bought my copy of Ikaruga, which I thought was ultra-rare, I kept seeing it; same deal with the Zelda collector's disk.

[quote name='zyblorg']What about Beyond Good & Evil? I only saw that game once at a Microplay in a small town here in Canada (I bought Eternal Darkness for about C$12.99 instead), and I've never seen it again. [/QUOTE]

You mean you missed Beyond Good & Evil? That sucks. It's one of the few hard to find games that have been mentioned that's really, really worth playing.

In fact, I'd say BG&E was the biggest screw over this generation. It came out during a holiday rush with a ton of really high profile titles and got kind of buried. Within about a month or two, it was down to $30, then $20, then gone.

I remembered seeing about three copies at Best Buy for $20 when its star was fading, but I figured I could pick it up at any time. I went back two weeks later and it was sold out, never to return. I finally managed to track down a copy for $20 at TRU under a mountain of clearance crap last year and was absolutely grateful for the find.

Between BG&E and Psychonauts I think you have a valid pro/con debate over which title most deserved commercial success vs. getting screwed over.

No two games have met with worse commercial fates in the past 5 years IMHO.

[quote name='vincewy']Add- Zatchebelle, One Piece, and Chaos Field as future rare titles

Zatchebelle and One Piece are also on PS2, which is a lot more common[/quote]
Knew that crap (One Piece) would become rare someday.

Btw, that's "Zatch Bell".

[quote name='monkeypox']that's both used and out of stock. so the answer to his question for now is "no".

what about amazing island? I've seen maybe 2, 3 copies at the most. then again, I never really looked for it when it first shipped.[/QUOTE]
I would laugh, since my CC has had a half dozen copies of this game for the last year, but maybe it's just my store. Since it doesn't stock any new releases.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']

Bust A Move 3000 - Not rare, just kinda old.
[/QUOTE]

Actually, this is very rare. This game was nearly impossible to find at release, and it never got a second printing. I've seen a total of two, both of which I bought. Sold one, without the manual for $75. Bought the other one brand new about a week after it came out. BAM usually gets very small print runs, and has a small but loyal fanbase.

Chaos Field is an interesting one... it doesn't seem to be rare, in fact it can be bought at retail for about $20 quite easily. But I have a feeling that like Ikaruga, once its gone, the demand for it will rise. Won't mean its rare, but it may be a good title to grab now if you're a shooter fan. Remember, Ikaruga was $19.99 new for the longest time, and then it suddenly vanished from store shelves, and now you have to pay $40+ for a copy.

[quote name='botticus']I would laugh, since my CC has had a half dozen copies of this game for the last year, but maybe it's just my store. Since it doesn't stock any new releases.[/QUOTE]

you could be right. I just have yet to see more than a copy or two in the entire area. and it's not like people are buying it up, because it doesn't seem like a popular game... I can't even find any decent threads on it here.

[quote name='dobiewan'] Remember, Ikaruga was $19.99 new for the longest time, and then it suddenly vanished from store shelves, and now you have to pay $40+ for a copy.[/QUOTE]

That is so true.I purchased Ikaruga once it drop to $20 new and stay that way for several months.Their are so many people who only care about the rarity of game.Those people never really care how great the game is such as phoenix wright,shadow hearts,suikoden ii and now shadow hearts convenant and when the game goes high on ebay suddenly people now start to get interested in it.

[quote name='62t']yea bestbuy.com had it for $20 with freeshipping, and they shipped out orders.[/QUOTE]

If I can remember correctly, they actually had it for what seemed like months on their site at $19.99. Nobody wanted it, apparently.

[quote name='Josef']If I can remember correctly, they actually had it for what seemed like months on their site at $19.99. Nobody wanted it, apparently.[/QUOTE]

That is where I bought my copy, did not seem like it was going to be rare at the time.

I can guarantee Chaos Field will be RARE, if you check ebay/half.com, new US version are almost nonexistent right now, other rare games (besides the list from first post) I can think of (unless Game Quest Direct gets more reprints)

Zatch Bell
Rave Master
Mystic Heroes
PSO 1&2 (not Plus version)
Beyond Good and Evil
Monster Jam: MD (PS2 version is common)
Lost Kingdoms II

[quote name='vincewy']I can guarantee Chaos Field will be RARE, if you check ebay/half.com, new US version are almost nonexistent right now, other rare games (besides the list from first post) I can think of (unless Game Quest Direct gets more reprints)

Zatch Bell
Mario Party 5/6 (if anyone has sealed copy for trade, send me PM)
Mystic Heroes
Beyond Good and Evil
Lost Kingdoms II[/QUOTE]

Mario Party 5/6? Come on, those are two of the top-selling games for the system and are ultra-common, not rare. I see Zatch Bell at every Gamestop store for $19.99 brand new, so I doubt that is going to end up hard to find (plus there's no demand). The others you may have a point on.

[quote name='vincewy']I can guarantee Chaos Field will be RARE, if you check ebay/half.com, new US version are almost nonexistent right now, other rare games (besides the list from first post) I can think of (unless Game Quest Direct gets more reprints)

Zatch Bell
Mario Party 5/6 (if anyone has sealed copy for trade, send me PM)
Mystic Heroes
Beyond Good and Evil
Lost Kingdoms II[/QUOTE]

I had never heard of Chaos Field before I saw it the other day at Fry's. Fry's is a great place to see obscure titles. I saw several GC games I didn't know existed, and 2-3 times as many PS2 titles I didn't know about.

Here's another one for you: King Arthur. That game came out and quickly flat out disappeared. There is one copy at my Fry's, and I haven't seen it anywhere else since it first came out, on any system, but especially Gamecube. But of course those multi-platform titles aren't quite the same.

Here's another that you wouldn't think is rare but I can't find a copy at any B&M, and I only see 2 completed auctions for it on ebay (there are more for Chaos Field): Prince of Persia Sands of Time.

And I agree with whoever mentioned Shrek Super Party. That is pretty rare on all systems. I actually bought a used PS2 one from GR and sold it on ebay about a year ago. Played it for a few minutes to test - it's like a poor man's Mario Party, but it could be a bit of fun if found cheap, which it can't :D. Wow, just did a quick eBay check - the GC version is actually the easiest/cheapest to get - about $30 new. Only one new Xbox copy sold recently - for $60, and no new PS2 copies have been listed recently (but a used at $31 did not sell).

I got a copy of Shrek Extra Large at the TRU clearance about a year ago for $3 to use as trade-in fodder at GR. I didn't trade it in because I thought the kids might like it. Then I read the reviews :roll: - but I decided to keep it anyway just for kicks. It isn't as rare as Shrek Super Party, but it can go up in my display of the worst games of all time next to that copy of Drake for Xbox. I also picked up Eternal Darkness at the same time - I had no interest in it and just got it for trade-in fodder. For whatever reason I held on to it and I'm glad I did. I'll play it some day.

Here's a list of *obscure* GC games - I haven't researched whether any of these are rare or not. These are just ones I haven't seen recently or EVER in some cases:

* Aquaman: Battle for Atlantis (also a candidate for the wall o' shame)
* Asterix & Obelix XXL (European only release?)
* Bad Boys II: Miami Takedown (PS2 version was great EB trade-in fodder last summer - never seen a GC one!)
* Bonk's Adventure (??)
* Butt-Ugly Martians: Zoom or Doom! (PS2 version common and cheap, didn't know there was a GC one)
* Casper: Spirit Dimensions (??)
* Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (like King Arthur, disappeared fast - haven't seen GC one for a while now)
* City Racer (??)
* Conan (another Europe only game?)
* Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure (a very good game that I ordered online a year ago - never seen in store)
* Go! Go! Hypergrind (I bought this for $10 new at GS, but don't see it much any more)
* Gotcha Force
* Mary-Kate and Ashley Sweet 16: Licensed to Drive (have never seen - for wall o' shame as well)
* Muppets Party Cruise (only rare new - seen many used at EB/GS)
* Pinball Hall of Fame: The Gottlieb Collection (common as snot on the PS2, don't see GC one too much)
* Rave Master (at Fry's right now - only place I've ever seen it)
* Risk (there's a GC version of this? Who knew?)
* Ribbit King (used to be everywhere, not so much now)
* Robots (see King Arthur and Charlie Chocolate)
* Shox (??)
* Spirits & Spells
* Superman: Shadow of Apokolips
* Tarzan Untamed
* Taz
* Worms 3D and Worms Blast (I had no idea there were Worms games on the GC!)

[quote name='elprincipe']Mario Party 5/6? Come on, those are two of the top-selling games for the system and are ultra-common, not rare. I see Zatch Bell at every Gamestop store for $19.99 brand new, so I doubt that is going to end up hard to find (plus there's no demand). The others you may have a point on.[/QUOTE]

Zatch Bell will be RARE (PS2 will be a lot easier to find), each Gamestop has between 1-3 copies in stock, once they're gone, you won't find them new, it's kind of a niche title like One Piece, some gamers (like myself) dig those anime style games. You're right about Mario Party 5/6, they're just popular.

concerning first post, Mario DDR will have more reprints, Cubivore got 2nd print run from GQD, you can get it on eBay now for less than $40 new.

Prince of Persia: SOT got tons of copies at release, many later games (it sounds insane) had very few copies made. Other games mentioned

* Aquaman: Battle for Atlantis (also a candidate for the wall o' shame)

* Ribbit King

my store has 8 copies of Aquaman and 2 copies of Ribbit King in stock that they'd love to unload a few copies, anyone wants it PM me (trade preferred)

* * Mary-Kate and Ashley Sweet 16: Licensed to Drive

we have gazillion copies of this game

* Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (like King Arthur, disappeared fast - haven't seen GC one for a while now)

* Taz

We have those in stock at regular retail price $30-$40 range

There're actually quite a few games that WILL BE RARE and not very popular, this list can be VERY LONG, one thing we can all agree on, many Gamecube games will be much harder to find than their PS2/XBOX counterparts (even if they get published on other systems too), god forbid if you're looking for new/sealed copy.

bread's done
Back