The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Gen. Discussion & Info

• Please log in to reply
1833 replies to this topic

#1501 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2007 - 06:08 AM

Well, if that's trun it sucks. I was planning on saving my HD space. Plus I passed on the used Oblivion for $17 deal at EB games because I was waiting on this. Fuck.
I hope that info is wrong...

nope it is 2 disc

#1502 io

io

Posted 13 September 2007 - 06:45 AM

Well the GOTY is out and according to people on gamefaqs, it is just the regular edition on 1 disc, and the expansion on another disc that can be copy to the HDD. It also looks like you can install the expansion multiple times.

Well, that's interesting. It is kind of lame that it wasn't worked into the game. But that might have meant the game would have gone over 1 disc, and since this game isn't linear that would probably be too much of a pain.

I like that it installs to the HD. So it is sort of nice in that you get the DLC but have a disc to up the trade/sale value later if you want to get rid of it. On the other hand, this seems like a cheap approach for it to still cost $60 - the same old game on 1 disc and the DLC on a second disc. I figured a little more work would have gone into it...

But knowing this I am tempted to just get the plain version and wait on cheaper DLC and/or some availability of the second disc (either used or after price drop). I need to think this over a bit... In the mean time I have a Gamecrazy preorder for this to pick up. I may just let that sit a few more days...

#1503 weevles

weevles

Posted 13 September 2007 - 06:49 AM

Pre-ordered this @ DD for $44 shipped. Hope it goes through, because I still haven't seen any status change yet.

#1504 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2007 - 07:06 AM

at this point the cheapest thing to do is the buy the regular edition, rent the GOTY edition to get the DLC

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#1505 io

io

Posted 13 September 2007 - 07:27 AM

at this point the cheapest thing to do is the buy the regular edition, rent the GOTY edition to get the DLC

How likely is it that Blockbuster/Hollywood will have the GotY edition, though? It seems like something they might not bother to carry.

#1506 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2007 - 07:33 AM

How likely is it that Blockbuster/Hollywood will have the GotY edition, though? It seems like something they might not bother to carry.

well it is on gamefly

#1507 Radioactive_Man

Radioactive_Man

Up and At Them!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2007 - 08:12 AM

I just checked out the GotY version from work. :)

#1508 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2007 - 04:08 PM

Pre-ordered this @ DD for $44 shipped. Hope it goes through, because I still haven't seen any status change yet.

My copy shipped yesterday from them at that price.

decker%2001.jpg

#1509 Slate

Slate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2007 - 05:12 PM

well it is on gamefly

Yes but do you really think that they'll send you the second disc? Something tells me no.

#1510 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2007 - 05:25 PM

Yes but do you really think that they'll send you the second disc? Something tells me no.

why not? They send you 3 disc for blue dragon.

#1511 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2007 - 06:11 PM

I've got this on the top of my queue at Gamefly, so I'll let you know when I get it.
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 (360), Black Ops (360)

Posted Image

#1512 life.exe

life.exe

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2007 - 02:14 PM

I've got this on the top of my queue at Gamefly, so I'll let you know when I get it.

Get it yet? I really want to know if I can just buy the regular edition, then rent the GOTY edition and have the dlc.

#1513 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2007 - 02:37 PM

Get it yet? I really want to know if I can just buy the regular edition, then rent the GOTY edition and have the dlc.

Unfortunately no, it seems that the GOTY is in high demand (probably due to this topic). I got bumped to my #2 item on my queue as it wasn't in stock. I will post and update if I get it sent out to me sometime soon.

Posted Image

#1514 mrchainsaw

mrchainsaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2007 - 05:14 PM

After reading GameFAQs, it sounds like you can rent the second disc and copy it to your hard drive BUT you will need the GOTY edition of Oblivion to access it.

#1515 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2007 - 05:14 PM

After reading GameFAQs, it sounds like you can rent the second disc and copy it to your hard drive BUT you will need the GOTY edition of Oblivion to access it.

Ah, fair enough. I'll probably knock that off my queue then.

Posted Image

#1516 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2007 - 05:38 PM

some people on gamefaqs are saying you dont need GOTY disc

"I already own Oblivion, so could I rent the GOTY edition, install the second CD, and then send it all back and play with MY copy? Are the first discs exactly the same?

I just did this today actually. And I went to my BlockBuster and they did have it... 3 copys. @Dave, Yeah the first disks are the same. Its just the new one has a black cover. But I have tested this out and it does work. All you do is put disk 2 in and load the add on's and poof you get them. Oh I had to wait 24 hours in game, ( just use wait for 24 hours ) and then when you wake you should get a message that a door appers. Idk you may not have to wait but I did."

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#1517 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2007 - 10:53 PM

some people on gamefaqs are saying you dont need GOTY disc

"I already own Oblivion, so could I rent the GOTY edition, install the second CD, and then send it all back and play with MY copy? Are the first discs exactly the same?

I just did this today actually. And I went to my BlockBuster and they did have it... 3 copys. @Dave, Yeah the first disks are the same. Its just the new one has a black cover. But I have tested this out and it does work. All you do is put disk 2 in and load the add on's and poof you get them. Oh I had to wait 24 hours in game, ( just use wait for 24 hours ) and then when you wake you should get a message that a door appers. Idk you may not have to wait but I did."

Interesting, I guess I'll keep in my queue until its sorted out.

Posted Image

#1518 lordxixor101

lordxixor101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2007 - 06:07 PM

So, just to clear something out (for me) here.

1) Is this just Shimmering Isle and Knights of the Nine (not the other stuff like Wizards Tower).

2) Can we rent this and get the content? If so, I'll be off to Blockbuster to grab it. If not, I may just have to purchase it.

#1519 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2007 - 06:37 PM

So, just to clear something out (for me) here.

1) Is this just Shimmering Isle and Knights of the Nine (not the other stuff like Wizards Tower).

2) Can we rent this and get the content? If so, I'll be off to Blockbuster to grab it. If not, I may just have to purchase it.

just so you know: Shivering not Shimmering ;)

#1520 lordxixor101

lordxixor101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2007 - 06:11 PM

just so you know: Shivering not Shimmering ;)

Sad part is that I knew that, and then typed Shimmering anyway. Good catch.

#1521 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2007 - 07:45 PM

Does the Shivering Isles disc pack include ALL the downloadable content, or just Shivering Isles & KOTN?
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#1522 life.exe

life.exe

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2007 - 08:15 PM

Does the Shivering Isles disc pack include ALL the downloadable content, or just Shivering Isles & KOTN?

Just Shivering Isles and KOTN.

#1523 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 19 September 2007 - 08:20 PM

I hope the ps3 version was delayed to put it on one bluray

seanr1221.png

#1524 blue_volvo

blue_volvo

CAGalanche!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2007 - 03:27 AM

Can anyone personally confirm or deny using the second disc GOTY content with a non-GOTY copy of Oblivion? The people posting on the gamefaqs boards have very conflicting reports and I am trying to decide if I should try and pick up a cheap copy and rent the second disc, or buy the GOTY edition.

#1525 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2007 - 06:43 AM

Soory for the noob question, but if I'm just starting the game, should I immediately install the second disc on the HD or wait until I progress pretty far in the game first?

decker%2001.jpg

#1526 deadite76

deadite76

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2007 - 09:58 PM

The final DLC: Fighter's Stronghold coming on Monday for free:

http://www.joystiq.c...ers-stronghold/

The catch is that it's only available for one week!

Defeat the attacking marauders and become lord of Battlehorn Castle. Located in the Colovian Highlands west of Chorrol, this expansive castle will allow you to live the life of a noble warrior, with private quarters, grand dining hall, wine cellar, barracks, training room and more. And what castle would be complete without a few hidden passages and dark secrets?

Features

A fully detailed castle for you to explore
Knights of the True Horn patrol the castle and do your bidding
Secret treasure vault
Upgrade the furnishings in every area of the castle
Hire a vintner to create special wines to enhance your fighting abilities
Hire a combat trainer to spar with
Hire a taxidermist to craft lifelike trophies for your great hall
Purchase an ancient Dwemer Forge that buffs your Armorer skill

http://www.xboxic.co.../3798#more-3798
Posted Image

#1527 Callandor

Callandor

Posted 10 October 2007 - 10:16 PM

Cool.

#1528 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2007 - 10:21 PM

Nice...I haven't played this in a long time but I'll be sure to download for when I get back into it...if ever.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#1529 CrimsonPaw

CrimsonPaw

Professional Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2007 - 10:41 PM

That's my one bitch about the PS3 version, they are missing so much of the smaller add-ons. Yeah it's got KotN, and Shivering Isles, but it misses out on this and other goods (like horse armor).

#1530 hootie

hootie

Posted 10 October 2007 - 10:46 PM

Nice! Can't wait.