The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Gen. Discussion & Info

• Please log in to reply
1833 replies to this topic

#1531 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2007 - 10:56 PM

That's awesome. The taxidermist sounds cool.

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#1532 life.exe

life.exe

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2007 - 11:00 PM

The final DLC: Fighter's Stronghold coming on Monday for free:

http://www.joystiq.c...ers-stronghold/

The catch is that it's only available for one week!

http://www.xboxic.co.../3798#more-3798

Sweet.

#1533 io

io

Posted 10 October 2007 - 11:18 PM

Another noob question, can I download this even if I don't have the game in any capacity? I was going to get the GotY edition but I still couldn't see spending $60 on it. But I would snag this if I can use it later.

#1534 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2007 - 11:23 PM

Another noob question, can I download this even if I don't have the game in any capacity? I was going to get the GotY edition but I still couldn't see spending $60 on it. But I would snag this if I can use it later.

Yes you can.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#1535 DCriminal

DCriminal

Do Not Drive Angry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2007 - 01:28 PM

Sweet! I have been looking for an excuse to start playing this again. So... many... games...
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."
- Hanlon's Razor

#1536 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2007 - 01:38 PM

I play this game on and off since I haven't had a lot of free time to sit down and play though it (maybe over Christmas Break). I'll certainly grab the free DLC though.
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 (360), Black Ops (360)

Posted Image

#1537 PyroGamer

PyroGamer

Posted 11 October 2007 - 02:52 PM

Sweet! I sold my copy a while ago in anticipation of the GotY edition. I'll definitely be downloading this for when I buy it again.

Goddamn, do I love this game.

#1538 MikeC

MikeC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2007 - 02:52 PM

Very cool as I suspect my fiance will be getting me oblivion for my birthday this weekend.

#1539 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2007 - 03:02 PM

Very nice. Just getting started in the game, but free content is nice. I jumped on another free download (Someone's Razor) last Christmas when it was free and it's in the game I just bought now. You can even download and delete; as long as it's in your download history it'll be free for you whenever you want it.

decker%2001.jpg

#1540 lordxixor101

lordxixor101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2007 - 05:13 PM

Well, I was excited to find that Shivering Isle is getting it's own disc release (just saw it on an Amazon email). Still, I wonder why not release it with all of the DLC on that disc? What is the point of holding off on that content?

Also, does anyone know if another expansion pack is planned? There was 2 last time, but since they released a GOTY version of the game, I figured this last DLC might be it.

#1541 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2007 - 05:31 PM

I believe they said in an interview that Shivering Isles was going to be the only full expansion.

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#1542 hootie

hootie

Posted 11 October 2007 - 06:23 PM

I jumped on another free download (Someone's Razor)

Someone's = Mehrune's. ;)

#1543 TheCochese

TheCochese

I make things out of wood

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2007 - 06:39 PM

Nice. Was going to pick up again someday, this will be an extra incentive.

#1544 lordxixor101

lordxixor101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2007 - 03:10 PM

So, has anyone downloaded this yet? Anyone play though it, enjoy it?

Not that it'll matter, free dlc to my favorite game on the 360, I'm getting it.

#1545 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2007 - 03:16 PM

That's my one bitch about the PS3 version, they are missing so much of the smaller add-ons. Yeah it's got KotN, and Shivering Isles, but it misses out on this and other goods (like horse armor).

I suppose, but you're really talking about the difference between 160 and 165 hours of gameplay, y'know? I do totally understand, but only think that the smallest portion of gamers will find that they've run out of things to do in Oblivion.

I know what pisses me off: getting RROD on my 360 this week so I can't download the content during its exclusive free week. I'll have to pay for it if I want it, since Microsoft has a console with a 100% failure rate. Thanks guys!
Posted Image

#1546 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2007 - 04:07 PM

I suppose, but you're really talking about the difference between 160 and 165 hours of gameplay, y'know? I do totally understand, but only think that the smallest portion of gamers will find that they've run out of things to do in Oblivion.

I know what pisses me off: getting RROD on my 360 this week so I can't download the content during its exclusive free week. I'll have to pay for it if I want it, since Microsoft has a console with a 100% failure rate. Thanks guys!

From the way the press release for this DLC was worded, you may be SOL unless you have a memory card and know afriend with XBL...this content is limited to this week only and it will be gone after that.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#1547 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2007 - 04:09 PM

How likely is it that Blockbuster/Hollywood will have the GotY edition, though?

I dunno about Blockbuster but Hollywood didn't get it at all.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1548 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2007 - 04:34 PM

this blows I have no internet connection good enough for XBox Live right now..

Maybe they'll put it on an OXM disc someday in the future.. or in a uber-collectors edition.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#1549 Damian

Damian

The cake is a lie!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2007 - 05:06 PM

From the way the press release for this DLC was worded, you may be SOL unless you have a memory card and know afriend with XBL...this content is limited to this week only and it will be gone after that.

He wouldn't even need a memory card, just someone he trusts enough with his account information. They recover on their 360 and download it so it's tied to his account, then he can redownload later.

#1550 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2007 - 05:51 PM

No. It's free for a week, and will be priced after that.

First, I wanted to let you know that we are finally releasing the last piece of downloadable content we created for Oblivion. We had mentioned it a long, long time ago but we hadn’t released it, until now. Starting Monday, October 15 it will be available to download via Xbox Live (for Xbox 360) and elderscrolls.com (for PC). And, for one week, it will be free to anybody who wants to download it and play it. So mark it on your calendars and don’t forget.

http://bethblog.com/?p=299
Posted Image

#1551 io

io

Posted 15 October 2007 - 08:15 PM

Well, I snagged it last night...

Even though Oblivion is [highlight]the[/highlight] reason I wanted a 360 originally, I just haven't been able to pull the trigger on buying the game. I know it is such an incredible time-waster that I've been hesitant ;).

#1552 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2007 - 08:19 PM

Fuck... everything comes out the week I have no internet >_<

#1553 hootie

hootie

Posted 15 October 2007 - 08:43 PM

Played around in the Castle a little bit (before my disc froze...again.) Just make sure to check behind the archery room, you'll find something interesting :)

#1554 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2007 - 09:53 PM

I bought all the castle upgrades except the Dwemer forge (I'll buy that in a bit), and it's a nice little base. Not as cool as Frostcrag, but fun. The taxidermist is a neat option. Now I just need to find some Dreadroth teeth. Might be hard since I closed all the oblivion gates >.<

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#1555 hootie

hootie

Posted 15 October 2007 - 10:36 PM

I bought all the castle upgrades except the Dwemer forge (I'll buy that in a bit), and it's a nice little base. Not as cool as Frostcrag, but fun. The taxidermist is a neat option. Now I just need to find some Dreadroth teeth. Might be hard since I closed all the oblivion gates >.<

There are a few places you can steal some from, and while I'm not sure, I'd check all of the Mage's Guild Halls, you're bound to find at least one set.

#1556 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2007 - 05:59 AM

THE PIECE OF SHIT LIVES!!!

Downloading Fighters Stronghold while I can, because the imminent return of the RROD is just around the corner.
Posted Image

#1557 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2007 - 02:09 AM

anybody buy the stand alone Shivering Isles/Knights of the Nine expansion disc? I saw it at gamestop for 30 bucks.
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#1558 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2007 - 04:11 AM

I like the new download soley for the taxidermy aspect where you can make trophies... wish it had more though.

#1559 Seth Oriath

Seth Oriath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2007 - 05:24 AM

Is it still downloadable today?

#1560 Zero3

Zero3

Anti-Hero Villain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2007 - 05:32 AM

So, has anyone downloaded this yet? Anyone play though it, enjoy it?

Not that it'll matter, free dlc to my favorite game on the 360, I'm getting it.

I haven't had a chance to go through the entire side quest that's attached to it, but it's a nice castle as far as I understand. It's northwest from the first abbey/monestary place you visit in the main quest.

You fend off maurader's and then take the castle. Then you get the joy of repaying the debt. I wonder what'll happen when I do... so that's the next "to do" item for me.

Oh, right, after I close the gate of Oblivion.