Grammy nominated King Diamond screams "Metal Heads Unite!!"

• Please log in to reply
1980 replies to this topic

#271 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2006 - 05:22 PM

Well, seeing Celtic Frost and 1349 tomorrow night, should be awesome.

By four o'clock I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead.

#272 Metal Boss

Metal Boss

Supreme Master of Hadou

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2006 - 06:22 PM

On a related note I just got a Dean ML guitar to thrash about. A good replacement for my yamaha strat clone.

#273 HumanSnatcher

HumanSnatcher

Disappear here...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2006 - 05:29 AM

Well, seeing Celtic Frost and 1349 tomorrow night, should be awesome.

Celtic Frost will be playing here Nov 2nd...I'm so gonna be there

When I was in High School a friend got a 100% on a D.A.R.E. test and they gave him a D.A.R.E. duffel bag. Two years later, a drug dealer that was a friend of ours at the time asked to borrow something to transport 2kg of cocaine in and he handed over his D.A.R.E. bag. He brought it back to him with an oz of weed in it as a thank you.

#274 MorbidAngel4Life

MorbidAngel4Life

Down with the Clown.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2006 - 11:31 PM

According to Cincinnati.com, former MORBID ANGEL/HATE ETERNAL bassist/vocalist Jared Anderson passed away on Saturday, October 14 at the age of 30. The cause of his death has not yet been released. Visitation will take place Thursday, October 19 at the E. C. Nurre Funeral Home, St. Rt. 125 Amelia, Ohio from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. followed by Funeral Services Thursday, 11 a.m. at the Funeral Home. Interment Pierce Township Cemetery.

Jared Anderson was most recently working on a project which was known by its alias AS ONE... Jared described the band's musical direction on his MySpace page as "a revision of my INTERNECINE writings, or shall I say 'written in the vein of.' The INTERNECINE record itself was all 'old' material from the early to mid-'90s that I was given the offer to record, so obviously I opted to do so. Highly technical, obscure death metal was purely the intent of INTERNECINE. Although most of the material was written many years prior to recording it, there were a couple of songs that were more recent. The two songs were 'The Elder Gods' and 'The Calling Of The Hordes'. This is where AS ONE... comes in, kind of continuing where I left off so to speak, with a much more matured sound."

Back in February 2006, former MORBID ANGEL bassist/vocalist Steve Tucker confirmed to BLABBERMOUTH.NET that he was putting together a new project with Jared Anderson. "It is definitely death metal," Tucker said at the time. "It is very early on, but we are both extremely excited about it. No name yet, a few songs written, varying in tempo etc."
Get free Microsoft Points, Amazon gift cards, and more on Points2Shop!
http://points2shop.c...banners/3270175

#275 sblymnlcrymnl

sblymnlcrymnl

married ... with children

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2006 - 11:41 PM

Holy shit Morbo posted. :shock:

#276 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2006 - 11:43 PM

He lived in Covington? That shithole's about 1 mile west of me. I never knew that.

Shame about that, especially if he was going to work on another project soon.
Posted Image

#277 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2006 - 02:49 AM

According to Cincinnati.com, former MORBID ANGEL/HATE ETERNAL bassist/vocalist Jared Anderson passed away on Saturday, October 14 at the age of 30. The cause of his death has not yet been released. Visitation will take place Thursday, October 19 at the E. C. Nurre Funeral Home, St. Rt. 125 Amelia, Ohio from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. followed by Funeral Services Thursday, 11 a.m. at the Funeral Home. Interment Pierce Township Cemetery.

Jared Anderson was most recently working on a project which was known by its alias AS ONE... Jared described the band's musical direction on his MySpace page as "a revision of my INTERNECINE writings, or shall I say 'written in the vein of.' The INTERNECINE record itself was all 'old' material from the early to mid-'90s that I was given the offer to record, so obviously I opted to do so. Highly technical, obscure death metal was purely the intent of INTERNECINE. Although most of the material was written many years prior to recording it, there were a couple of songs that were more recent. The two songs were 'The Elder Gods' and 'The Calling Of The Hordes'. This is where AS ONE... comes in, kind of continuing where I left off so to speak, with a much more matured sound."

Back in February 2006, former MORBID ANGEL bassist/vocalist Steve Tucker confirmed to BLABBERMOUTH.NET that he was putting together a new project with Jared Anderson. "It is definitely death metal," Tucker said at the time. "It is very early on, but we are both extremely excited about it. No name yet, a few songs written, varying in tempo etc."

Welcome back Morbid! I heard for the longest time Jared had a bad drug problem- so I'm guessing that's what may factor in his death.

Damn you xevious...

Damn you Xevious... damn you to hell.....

Damn you Xevious be quiet.

So you know EBM? Damn you Xevious...

#278 kittycatgirl2k

kittycatgirl2k

Posted 19 October 2006 - 03:16 AM

Poisonblack is sweet.

#279 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2006 - 04:38 AM

I'm gonna check out Sepultura in Concord this Sunday. Anyone in the area going?

Damn you xevious...

#280 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2006 - 06:22 AM

So...what do you think is the best metal release of the year? Any thoughts?

Damn you xevious...

#281 MorbidAngel4Life

MorbidAngel4Life

Down with the Clown.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2006 - 06:31 AM

Poisonblack is sweet.

Yeah, I have to agree. Lust Stained Dispair is a great album. Ville did a good job getting another band together after Sentenced.

There weren't really very many good albums this year, in my eyes. The only two I can think of are:

Poisonblack- Lust Stained Dispair
Cradle of Filth- Thornography

#282 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2006 - 06:49 AM

Anyone into Razor? Is a new album ever coming out? I've been hearing about it for ages.

#283 Oktoberfest

Oktoberfest

Posted 31 December 2006 - 07:46 AM

I know about next year's
Moonsorrow's V: Havitetty

It's only 2 tracks (first song is 30 minutes long, second is 26), but ITS STILL FREAKIN AWESOME!!! :lol:

#284 red flare graf

red flare graf

Metalwrath

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2007 - 05:55 PM

I know the year's over, but I'm voting anyway.

Mastodon - Blood Mountain

That's like the only new album in 2006 that I listen to.. besides Cannibal Corpse's Kill, but Blood Mountain still beats it.

#285 DarkKnight

DarkKnight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2007 - 06:29 PM

I cant believe someone made a trhead with King Diamond in the title! I have loved King since the mid 80's (yes I'm that old) and to see him mentioned on CAG just made my day. I loved puppet master, and I can't wait for his new stuff.

#286 MorbidAngel4Life

MorbidAngel4Life

Down with the Clown.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2007 - 08:57 PM

I know about next year's
Moonsorrow's V: Havitetty

It's only 2 tracks (first song is 30 minutes long, second is 26), but ITS STILL FREAKIN AWESOME!!! :lol:

Good LORD that is awesome! Thanks for the recommendation!

#287 Oktoberfest

Oktoberfest

Posted 01 January 2007 - 09:08 PM

Abigail, don't you think I know what you've done, Abigail
ahhhh ahh ah ahhhhhh

#288 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2007 - 09:19 PM

There weren't really very many good albums this year, in my eyes. The only two I can think of are:

Poisonblack- Lust Stained Dispair
Cradle of Filth- Thornography

What about Stench of Redemption, by Deicide? Or I's debut, Between Two Worlds? Or the Sunn O))) & Boris collaboration Altar? There were a ton of excellent releases this year.

Also, Municipal Waste > this thread.

I feel like listing more great albums of 06:

Summoning - Oathbound
Sahg - I
Terrorizer - Darker Days Ahead
Napalm Death - Smear Campaign
Genghis Tron - Dead Mountain Mouth
Frightmare - Bringing Back The Bloodshed

And that's just the metal. It was a good fucking year.

By four o'clock I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead.

#289 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2007 - 09:53 PM

Misery Index was pretty good, and Beyond Fear's cd.

#290 MorbidAngel4Life

MorbidAngel4Life

Down with the Clown.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2007 - 10:12 PM

What about Stench of Redemption, by Deicide? Or I's debut, Between Two Worlds? Or the Sunn O))) & Boris collaboration Altar? There were a ton of excellent releases this year.

Also, Municipal Waste > this thread.

I feel like listing more great albums of 06:

Summoning - Oathbound
Sahg - I
Terrorizer - Darker Days Ahead
Napalm Death - Smear Campaign
Genghis Tron - Dead Mountain Mouth
Frightmare - Bringing Back The Bloodshed

And that's just the metal. It was a good fucking year.

I'm not the biggest Deicide fan, to be honest, only a few songs I like total by them. Same goes for Napalm Death, although I was somewhat surprised by Smear Campaign. Totally forgot that album, thanks for reminding me.

#291 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2007 - 10:14 PM

Deicide fucking sucks, and usually are total shit, but Stench of Redemption is one of the best modern death metal releases I've heard in a long fucking while. It's definately worth checking out.

#292 MorbidAngel4Life

MorbidAngel4Life

Down with the Clown.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2007 - 10:16 PM

Deicide fucking sucks, and usually are total shit, but Stench of Redemption is one of the best modern death metal releases I've heard in a long fucking while. It's definately worth checking out.

I will say, Homage For Satan is a killer ass song.

#293 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2007 - 12:20 AM

I know the year's over, but I'm voting anyway.

Mastodon - Blood Mountain

That's like the only new album in 2006 that I listen to.. besides Cannibal Corpse's Kill, but Blood Mountain still beats it.

Blood Mountain is an excellent record but I prefer the older albums overall. I'm not 100% sure if I would make it my favorite of the year though. I'm still undecided.

Damn you xevious...

#294 DarkKnight

DarkKnight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2007 - 12:36 AM

Abigail, don't you think I know what you've done, Abigail
ahhhh ahh ah ahhhhhh

Awesome! You have a lovely singing voice!

#295 HeadRusch

HeadRusch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2007 - 01:02 AM

Gotta love the King......missed his Abigail tour by one week...and have been depressed ever since ;)

#296 themoor666

themoor666

Metal up your ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2007 - 08:23 AM

new Dark Tranquillity & Manowar (hells yeah) leaked.

#297 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2007 - 03:21 PM

I just cannot get into Manowar. Probably my dislike for a lot of traditional metal.

#298 CrimGhost

CrimGhost

Posted 20 March 2007 - 01:07 AM

Had to bring this thread back to life. Anyway, I missed the Slayer show in D.C. because I had some make up exams that day(fucking snow days). I haven't been to a metal show since August, but then I saw that Cannibal Corpse is coming to Maryland in April. Never seen Cannibal Corpse live should be awesome, a few days later I saw that Celtic Frost is coming to Maryland in May. The fucked up thing is that Celtic Frost is opening for Type O Negative, what kind of shit is that, Celtic Frost are legends. Type O Negative should be opening for them! Oh well, atleast I can see Celtic Frost and then leave. How about you guys? Been to any shows lately?
Posted Image

#299 themoor666

themoor666

Metal up your ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2007 - 01:14 AM

No shows lately for me, but Dark Tranquillity/The Haunted/Into Eternity/Scar Symmetry is coming up soon. There is a California Metalfest coming up headlined by Testament night 1 and Necrophagist night 2 but I will skip on that. Also the almighty Finntroll will finally tour the whole US this fall and there is no way in hell I'm missing that.

#300 prmononoke

prmononoke

where not all racism

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2007 - 01:24 AM

No shows lately for me, but Dark Tranquillity/The Haunted/Into Eternity/Scar Symmetry is coming up soon. There is a California Metalfest coming up headlined by Testament night 1 and Necrophagist night 2 but I will skip on that. Also the almighty Finntroll will finally tour the whole US this fall and there is no way in hell I'm missing that.

Oh holy shit I would love to see Dark Tranquillity, but the closest they're coming to here is about seven hours away.
http://www.myspace.c...fmusicboyschoir
Check out my awesome band!