Photo
- - - - -

Grammy nominated King Diamond screams "Metal Heads Unite!!"

• Please log in to reply
1982 replies to this topic

#61 Oktoberfest

Oktoberfest

Posted 09 March 2006 - 03:38 AM

No, Metallica's albums since TBA are genuinely awesome.

right because St. Anger was really good 8-[

#62 JebusMcLucifer

JebusMcLucifer

I'm your Superbeast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2006 - 03:52 AM

I cant beleive no one has mentioned the new Cannibal Corpse album that comes out this month.
Posted Image
I like my women like I like my coffee... ground up and in the freezer.

#63 evanft

evanft

Wombat needs Nutrisystem.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2006 - 12:52 PM

I cant beleive no one has mentioned the new Cannibal Corpse album that comes out this month.

Really? Their last one was amazing. Gotta check out this new one.

#64 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2006 - 05:28 PM

I added it to the list. In fact, if anyone mentions any bands having a new record I will add them to the list.

EDIT: Ozzfest looks kinda weak this year; Of course, that is only my opinion. Some people might like the latest lineup

Ozzfest.com has released the official lineup for this year's Ozzfest. It is as follows:

Main Stage:

OZZY OSBOURNE
SYSTEM OF A DOWN
DISTURBED

TBA**
HATEBREED
LACUNA COIL

**Major main-stage band to be announced on May 23

Second Stage:

BLACK LABEL SOCIETY
ATREYU
UNEARTH
BLEEDING THROUGH
NORMA JEAN

Second Stage (rotating):

A LIFE ONCE LOST
STRAPPING YOUNG LAD
THE RED CHORD
FULL BLOWN CHAOS
WALLS OF JERICHO
ALL THAT REMAINS
BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME

Damn you xevious...

Damn you Xevious... damn you to hell.....

Damn you Xevious be quiet.

So you know EBM? Damn you Xevious...

#65 JebusMcLucifer

JebusMcLucifer

I'm your Superbeast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2006 - 02:22 AM

All that looks good to me is Ozzy, Hatebreed, and Strapping Young Lad. The TBA on the main stage will probably be the deciding factor of wether or not I go.
Posted Image
I like my women like I like my coffee... ground up and in the freezer.

#66 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2006 - 03:08 PM

I wish I had seen Maiden while they were on the tour :( Damn Sharon Osbourne.

#67 evanft

evanft

Wombat needs Nutrisystem.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2006 - 03:28 PM

Only Lacuna Coil, BTBAM, Red Chord, Unearth, SOAD, and BLS are good this year. Hatebreed is Hot Topic garbage.

#68 Vampire Hunter D

Vampire Hunter D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2006 - 07:12 AM

I was wondering, does anybody know what Rick Rubins net worth is? Aka how rich he is? And i know Russel Simmons the farthest thing from metal but does any one know how much he is worth?
"Seems like they got a problem with heros around here.I saved the day Betty.I saved the day."-Tom Green

#69 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2006 - 05:42 PM

SLAYER guitarist Kerry King has posted the following message on his KFK Industries web site:

"First off, bottoms up, cheers and thanks a fuckin' lot for hangin' around since my last update- which seems like it was in the stone age it was so fucking long ago! Hey, everyone needs a vacation, right? Burnt the Fuck out!!!! That's what I was. Anyway, I've been working non-stop toward finishing our new record... still on time for a June release! No one should be dissapointed. Everything really smashes you in the fucking head!

"I want to address a couple of thing that have been pissing me off lately. First, I'm sure some of you ran into, sent emails to, or whatever the Fuck happens at the domain called MySpace. The no-life loser fuckface douchebag that was selling himself as yours truly. I think there is someone else on there now as well claiming to be me. I found out about this charade when a couple of endorser buddies of mine inquired whether or not it was me. I said do you really think I have time for that horseshit? Then I proceeded to have fuckface douchebag removed from the site. I never have nor do I plan on doing anything personally with MySpace. Nothing against it, but as you can see, I don't even have enough time for my own site. One last thought on this... Get a life you fucking idiot! I live my life, you fucking live yours!!!

"Second, I just want to give everyone a heads-up about purchasing autographs. My autograph isn't that hard to get. I do tons of promo. Whether it's for Jagermeister, B.C. Rich, Marshall, or even Guitar Abuse events. My point is, if you have to possess something signed, your best bet it to get it done yourself. If you can't do that, make sure you know what my signature looks like before purchasing anything! I hate to see shit go up on eBay that I know is phony. It sucks knowing that people spend their hard earned cash on counterfeit shit! Word to the wise (and un-wise), buyer fucking beware! Just pay attention and hopefully we'll roll through a town nearby and you can get your own shit signed in person so there is no question about its authenticity.

"Alright, now to biz...the new re-launch date for the site will be 6-6-06. I couldn't have planned it any better — a match made in hell. Between now and the end of March, I'm throwing a couple new items on the swag page to hold everyone over until the new site is complete. One will be a long sleeve version of the original Guitar Abuse t-shirt that was only sold at events. So for now, I'm back to the studio to work on the latest hellish symphony... Kill your shots!!!

Damn you xevious...

#70 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2006 - 05:54 PM

Ozzfest looks horrible this year....except for maybe 2 or 3 bands...
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#71 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2006 - 05:56 PM

The local record store was selling a mint "Slaytanic Wehrmact" shirt for $90. I drooled, but there was no way in hell I would bite. There were other cool shirts, but that one stood out.

I picked up a 2-cd set of Enemy Soil, which may be one and a half more cds than some may want.
Posted Image

#72 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2006 - 06:46 PM

well i might as well join in... after all... first off let me say that i hate pretty much all the bands in the OP, and i certainly dont like king diamond. so there.

here are some good albums that just recently came out:

Kataklysm - In The Arms of Devastation
Nightwish - Highest Hopes: The Best of Nightwish
Rhapsody - Live In Canada 2005 - The Dark Secret
Dragonforce - Inhuman Rampage
Savage Circus - Dreamland Manor
Dimmu Borgir - Stormblast

Also, there are some great tours this here for some really good metal. First and foremost, Dragonforce is making their US debut! If you don't go see them, then you're nuts, they are by far the most talented musicians ever, and pretty much play the fastest music humanly possible. I have my tickets for the SF show.

Dragonfoce:

Fri Apr. 28 - Canada, Toronto, ON, Opera House
Sat Apr. 29 - Canada, Montreal, QC, Medley
Sun Apr. 30 - USA, Worcester, MA, New England Metal and Hardcore Festival
Tue May 02 - USA, New York, NY, Avalon (Note: moved from 1st May)
Wed May 03 - USA, Philadelphia, PA, Trocadero
Thu May 04 - USA, West Springfield, VA, Jaxx
Fri May 05 - USA, Cleveland, OH, Agora Ballroom
Sat May 06 - USA, Chicago, IL, Metro
Mon May 08 - USA, Denver, CO, Cervantes
Wed May 10 - USA, San Francisco, CA, The Pound
Thu May 11 - USA, Los Angeles, CA, Whisky Sold out

The other one I'm looking forward to is the aptly titled "Metal Crusaders 2006". There is a great lineup, KATAKLYSM, VADER, NUCLEAR ASSAULT, SPEED\KILL/HATE, GRAVEWORM and THE ABSENCE. Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing Graveworm a ton, a fantastic black metal band from Italy. I never thought I'd get a chance to see them, let alone here in the states. again, ill be at the SF show.

May 26 - Montreal, QC @ Le Medley*
May 27 - Toronto, ON @ The Reverb
May 28 - Boston, MA @ The Middle East
May 29 - New York City, NY @ The Knitting Factory
May 30 - Springfield, VA @ Jaxx
May 31 - Vernon, NY @ Nothing Fancy Cafe
Jun. 01 - Cleveland, OH @ The Agora Ballroom
Jun. 02 - Detroit, MI @ TNT
Jun. 03 - Chicago, IL @ Logan Square Auditorium
Jun. 04 - St-Paul, MN @ Station 4 (Minneapolis Metalfest)
Jun. 05 - Madison, WS @ Big E's Beach Club
Jun. 06 - Cincinatti, OH @ Bogart's
Jun. 07 - Fayetteville, NC @ Jesters Pub
Jun. 09 - Spartanburg, SC @ Ground Zero
Jun. 10 - St. Petersburg, FL @ State Theater
Jun. 11 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL @ Culture Room
Jun. 12 - Tallahassee, FL @ Beta Bar
Jun. 14 - Houston, TX @ The Ballroom/Wharehouse live
Jun. 15 - Corpus Christi, TX @ The Ballroom
Jun. 16 - San Antonio, TX @ The White Rabbit
Jun. 17 - Arlington, TX @ The Phoenix Music Complex
Jun. 18 - Fayetteville, AR @ The Dart Room
Jun. 19 - Oklahoma City, OK @ The Conservatory**
Jun. 20 - Denver, CO @ Lliff Park Saloon
Jun. 22 - Tempe, AZ @ Clubhouse
Jun. 23 - Corona, CA @ Showcase Theater
Jun. 24 - W. Hollywood, CA @ Knitting Factory
Jun. 25 - San Francisco, CA @ The Pound
Jun. 26 - Boise, ID @ Imparts
Jun. 27 - Spokane, WA @ Fat Tuesdays Concert Hall
Jun. 28 - Portland, OR @ Rock'n' Roll Pizza
Jun. 29 - Seattle, WA @ Studio Seven

Last, but not least, Iced Earth, Children of Bodom and Evergray are going on a US tour. COB just did a US tour, but rather than go back home, they are looping around again. I'm up in the air on this one since every Children of Bodom album gets worse and worse. But, you may just see me there.

April 18 - The Odeon, Cleveland, Ohio
April 19 - Pop's, Sauget, Illinois
April 20 - Metro, Chicago, Illinois
April 21 - The Quest, Minneapolis
April 23 - The Eagles Club, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
April 24 - Harpo's, Detroit, Michigan
April 25 - Newport Music Hall - lower, Columbus, Ohio
April 26 - Guvernment, Toronto, ON
April 28 - The Medley, Montreal, QB
April 29 - BB Kings, New York
April 30 - Trocadero, Philadelphia
May 1 - Palladium, Worcester, Massachusetts
May 2 - Jaxx, Springfield, Virginia
May 4 - Masquerade, Atlanta
May 5 - House of Blues, Orlando, Florida
May 7 - House of Blues, New Orleans, Louisiana
May 8 - Engine Room, Houston, Texas
May 9 - The Back Room, Austin, Texas
May 10 - Deep Elm Live, Dallas, Texas
May 12 - Odgen Theatre, Denver, Colorado
May 14 - Commodore Ballroom, Vancouver, BC
May 15 - Graceland, Seattle, Washington
May 17 - Avalon, San Francisco, California
May 18 - House of Blues, Anaheim, California
May 19 - Cajun House, Scottsdale, Arizona
May 21 - House of Blues, Los Angeles, California

just remember everyone. metal is as broad a genre as everyone else, so nobody should be flamed for liking one band and not liking another. lets just all be happy we listen to stuff thats better than avril or no doubt or something.

and BTW, for god sakes take metallica off the list!

Posted Image

#73 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2006 - 09:12 PM

damn this thread makes me want to get rid of all the nu-metal cds i used to listen to....i hate that shit now..

Posted Image

#74 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2006 - 10:31 PM

well i might as well join in... after all... first off let me say that i hate pretty much all the bands in the OP, and i certainly dont like king diamond. so there.

I like King Diamond but I am the first to admit that his best work is with Mercyful Fate - 'Melissa' and 'Don't Break the Oath' are stone-cold metal classics.

Damn you xevious...

#75 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2006 - 01:23 AM

Dragonforce is making their US debut! If you don't go see them, then you're nuts, they are by far the most talented musicians ever, and pretty much play the fastest music humanly possible.

When did Agothoceles change their name? ;)
Posted Image

#76 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2006 - 05:42 AM

what happened to all the metal!

www.graveworm.de

Posted Image

#77 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2006 - 05:53 PM

Has anyone ever ordered from the earache webstore?
http://earachestore....tore/index.html

They seem to have pretty good prices and free shipping. I just placed an order for a hard-to-find Cathedral cd...

Damn you xevious...

#78 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2006 - 08:03 PM

I'd just like to throw in the comment that Metallica let Avril Lavigne do a cover of one of their songs. I don't care if she's hot or not, but when you're told that Avril is going to cover your song, you need to step up and say, "No FUCKING way." Don't let it happen, then comment her on it, saying how it was so nice to hear a woman's voice singing Fuel.

I don't really give a damn about what happens in metal because I'll go to any concert that I can afford. If I want new music, I go to www.metalinjection.net and listen to something. They sometimes have good songs in their radio section that are downloadable.

#79 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2006 - 08:21 PM

Has anyone ever ordered from the earache webstore?
http://earachestore....tore/index.html

They seem to have pretty good prices and free shipping. I just placed an order for a hard-to-find Cathedral cd...

Aren't they making a PSP combat car game, a la Twisted Metal?
Posted Image

#80 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2006 - 10:33 PM

Aren't they making a PSP combat car game, a la Twisted Metal?

:-s huh?

Damn you xevious...

#81 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2006 - 06:09 PM

A new holiday! National Day of Slayer
http://www.nationaldayofslayer.org/

Damn you xevious...

#82 CrimGhost

CrimGhost

Posted 26 April 2006 - 09:34 PM

Slayer Whoo!
Posted Image

#83 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2006 - 06:00 AM

After several months away from his drumming duties in OPETH, Martin Lopez has permanently decided to leave the group. After being plagued by illness and anxiety attacks Lopez decided he wanted to concentrate fully on his own project, currently unnamed. His replacement will be Martin "Axe" Axenrot, who's been filling in for the last five tours and who also recorded with the band during the recent BBC sessions.

Commented OPETH frontman Mikael Åkerfeldt: "However sad I and the rest of the band feel in light of Lopez's departure, I want to thank him for his incredible work with OPETH and immense dedication to the band. We recorded some classic stuff together and he obviously had an enormous impact on our sound. I now feel very excited to hear the material of his own band. In the meantime, OPETH fans can rest assured that we'll continue jamming it out with Axe and we all have high expectations about our coming musical ventures."

In other news, Roadrunner Records will issue a special-edition deluxe version of OPETH's latest album, "Ghost Reveries", on July 25. More details will be made available soon.

www.metalinjection.net

for anybody that cares... :cry:

Posted Image

#84 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2006 - 09:31 AM

omg like im so high right now, but oh man, like i was listening to Still Life, omg, such an amazing ALBUM!!!

Posted Image

#85 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2006 - 05:57 PM

This has to be the best fucking music video ever!

Sepultura - Convicted in life

this is NSFW!! MTV will never play this fucking thing

Damn you xevious...

#86 Oktoberfest

Oktoberfest

Posted 14 May 2006 - 05:20 AM

After several months away from his drumming duties in OPETH, Martin Lopez has permanently decided to leave the group. After being plagued by illness and anxiety attacks Lopez decided he wanted to concentrate fully on his own project, currently unnamed. His replacement will be Martin "Axe" Axenrot, who's been filling in for the last five tours and who also recorded with the band during the recent BBC sessions.

Commented OPETH frontman Mikael Åkerfeldt: "However sad I and the rest of the band feel in light of Lopez's departure, I want to thank him for his incredible work with OPETH and immense dedication to the band. We recorded some classic stuff together and he obviously had an enormous impact on our sound. I now feel very excited to hear the material of his own band. In the meantime, OPETH fans can rest assured that we'll continue jamming it out with Axe and we all have high expectations about our coming musical ventures."

In other news, Roadrunner Records will issue a special-edition deluxe version of OPETH's latest album, "Ghost Reveries", on July 25. More details will be made available soon.

www.metalinjection.net

for anybody that cares... :cry:

wait so he leaves the band after feeling sick and stressed out. so then he starts his own band?

#87 HumanSnatcher

HumanSnatcher

Disappear here...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2006 - 05:26 AM

One group I've really gotten into recently is Scar Symmetry...maybe a little hard to find if you want to buy it; but its definalty worth it. It reminds me of Gardenian(sp?, and if anyone remembers them) with some Dark Tranquillity. Lead singer uses clean vocals for about 60% of th album and it rocks really hard.

By the way, if any other you guys live in the Hampton Roads area, come Nov, its gonna be heaven at The Norva. As on Nov 2nd Celtic Frost is headlining (supposedly one of the few dates on the east coast), and the next night on Nov 3rd is Soilwork w/Mnemic! I've seen Soilwork twice all ready (I nearly shit myself when they played with Fear Factory late last year, my two favorite metal bands of all time, yeah baby!), and they know how to bring a place down

When I was in High School a friend got a 100% on a D.A.R.E. test and they gave him a D.A.R.E. duffel bag. Two years later, a drug dealer that was a friend of ours at the time asked to borrow something to transport 2kg of cocaine in and he handed over his D.A.R.E. bag. He brought it back to him with an oz of weed in it as a thank you.

#88 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2006 - 06:05 AM

wait so he leaves the band after feeling sick and stressed out. so then he starts his own band?

well, im pretty sure he left because of all the touring, i mean with his own band he can just work at home. have his own schedules. Especially with how big Opeth is now/becoming it would be a crazy touring/album recording cycle. Eventually that takes its toll.

Posted Image

#89 Metal Boss

Metal Boss

Supreme Master of Hadou

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2006 - 06:26 AM

omg like im so high right now, but oh man, like i was listening to Still Life, omg, such an amazing ALBUM!!!

Antischism?

#90 CrimGhost

CrimGhost

Posted 02 June 2006 - 07:31 PM

Posted Image

New Slayer album art, looks like they got the same artist from Reign In Blood. Coming out July 25th! Haha look at the head of Mother Theresa floating in the blood, awesome.
Posted Image