Grammy nominated King Diamond screams "Metal Heads Unite!!"

• Please log in to reply
1982 replies to this topic

#151 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2006 - 01:06 AM

I will admit that the only thing I like about them is their song titles. I guess thats my sick and twisted sense of humor that kicks in when I do...

Yea, their lyrics and song titles are fucking hysterical. Songs like "Hitler Was A Sensitive Man" and "I Sent Your Rapist A Thank You Card" are awesome like that.

By four o'clock I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead.

#152 HumanSnatcher

HumanSnatcher

Disappear here...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2006 - 01:08 AM

Yea, their lyrics and song titles are fucking hysterical. Songs like "Hitler Was A Sensitive Man" and "I Sent Your Rapist A Thank You Card" are awesome like that.

Oh yeah, those are classic lol

When I was in High School a friend got a 100% on a D.A.R.E. test and they gave him a D.A.R.E. duffel bag. Two years later, a drug dealer that was a friend of ours at the time asked to borrow something to transport 2kg of cocaine in and he handed over his D.A.R.E. bag. He brought it back to him with an oz of weed in it as a thank you.

#153 Metal Boss

Metal Boss

Supreme Master of Hadou

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2006 - 02:38 AM

I found the new slayer to be boring.

#154 CrimGhost

CrimGhost

Posted 09 August 2006 - 02:59 AM

I found the new slayer to be boring.

Needed more Stallone? Haha.
Posted Image

#155 HumanSnatcher

HumanSnatcher

Disappear here...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2006 - 03:47 AM

Listening to the new Celtic Frost, and I'm really fucking digging it. To be honest, this is the first time I've ever sat down and listening to them. I so can't wait till they play The Norva in Norfolk on Nov 2nd. Cool thing is next night Soilwork is headlining. I'm gonna be in heaven!

When I was in High School a friend got a 100% on a D.A.R.E. test and they gave him a D.A.R.E. duffel bag. Two years later, a drug dealer that was a friend of ours at the time asked to borrow something to transport 2kg of cocaine in and he handed over his D.A.R.E. bag. He brought it back to him with an oz of weed in it as a thank you.

#156 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2006 - 04:08 AM

Listening to the new Celtic Frost, and I'm really fucking digging it. To be honest, this is the first time I've ever sat down and listening to them. I so can't wait till they play The Norva in Norfolk on Nov 2nd. Cool thing is next night Soilwork is headlining. I'm gonna be in heaven!

I didnt like Monotheist at first but after a few listens, I really started to dig it. My fav album by them will forever be "To Mega Therion" but this is an excellent album.

Damn you xevious...

Damn you Xevious... damn you to hell.....

Damn you Xevious be quiet.

So you know EBM? Damn you Xevious...

#157 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2006 - 04:10 AM

Ha Ha...I guess CrimGhost and I are in Slayer's corner.

Give the album a couple listens though....

Damn you xevious...

#158 HumanSnatcher

HumanSnatcher

Disappear here...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2006 - 04:11 AM

I guess I'm really liking it because I've been wanting something kinda slower and stoney. Plus, this is the first time I've ever heard Celtic Frost. I know I know, and I call myself a metal head. I'm seeing what I can do about acquring some more stuff right now...

#159 HumanSnatcher

HumanSnatcher

Disappear here...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2006 - 04:13 AM

Has anyone ever heard of Darkseed? I'm pretty knowledgeable about their releases. Just wondering if anyone else here might listen to them. Them and GodGory.

GodGory and Fear Factory are a tie for my favorite metal bands of all time. Too bad GodGory broke up.. :-(

#160 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2006 - 04:14 AM

I guess I'm really liking it because I've been wanting something kinda slower and stoney. Plus, this is the first time I've ever heard Celtic Frost. I know I know, and I call myself a metal head. I'm seeing what I can do about acquring some more stuff right now...

The first 2 albums were hard-driving and thrashy. The third album is more experimental in nature.

The fourth album is the infamous record "Cold Lake" which basically killed their careers.

Dont feel bad if you haven't heard their stuff. Its hard to keep track of all the bands out there. THats why this thread exists....

Damn you xevious...

#161 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2006 - 04:21 AM

I've been wanting something kinda slower and stoney.

If you want something really slow and stoney, you should check out Electric Wizard's Dopethrone. Its actually one of my all time favorite albums of all time. Its really slow and heavy as Fuck!!!!

Damn you xevious...

#162 HumanSnatcher

HumanSnatcher

Disappear here...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2006 - 04:22 AM

If you want something really slow and stoney, you should check out Electric Wizard's Dopethrone. Its actually one of my all time favorite albums of all time. Its really slow and heavy as Fuck!!!!

No offense, but if the group is what I think they sound like, then its borderline sludgy for me. Not really my taste.

I really like doom metal, but its hard to find anything that fits my liking

#163 HumanSnatcher

HumanSnatcher

Disappear here...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2006 - 04:28 AM

After hearing nearly half of To Mega Therion: god damn this still sounds as fresh as it did when it came out about 20 or so years ago.

#164 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2006 - 04:29 AM

No offense, but if the group is what I think they sound like, then its borderline sludgy for me. Not really my taste.

I really like doom metal, but its hard to find anything that fits my liking

Fair enough...I listen to a lot of doom metal bands myself. Name some bands that you dig so that I can get a clear understanding of what you are looking for.

Damn you xevious...

#165 HumanSnatcher

HumanSnatcher

Disappear here...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2006 - 04:39 AM

Sure. Favorite of all time is a tie between Fear Factory and GodGory and Soilwork (the tour Soilwork did with Fear Factory was pure bliss to me). Others ares Nevermore, Lamb of God, Scar Symmetry, Carcass, Lacrimosa, In Extremo (god I love their mideval stuff), Theatre of Tragedy (old and new stuff, Aegis is my favorite album though), Nothingface, Sins of Thy Beloved, Sirenia, Nightwish, MacBeth, In Flames, Nile, Naplam Death, Aborted, Emporer, Darkseed, Axis of Perdition (I have SneakyPenguin to thank for getting me interested in them, Dark Tranquillity, Crematory, Mnemic, and thats just going thru two folders I have of stuff.

As you can tell, my metal taste, very much like my musical taste run the gamut. As long as its good, I'll listen to it. I mean, its not uncommon for me to go from some old country song to jazz, then to metal to ska, and back again...

Though as of the past year or so, I'll check out the reviews on Blabbermouth and then go see what I can find online and give htem a listen or two. Doesn't matter what either the reviewer or reader rating is...just looking to find new stuff.

Though one thing I hate with a fucking passion is hardcore.

#166 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2006 - 04:47 AM

Sure. Favorite of all time is a tie between Fear Factory and GodGory and Soilwork (the tour Soilwork did with Fear Factory was pure bliss to me). Others ares Nevermore, Lamb of God, Scar Symmetry, Carcass, Lacrimosa, In Extremo (god I love their mideval stuff), Theatre of Tragedy (old and new stuff, Aegis is my favorite album though), Nothingface, Sins of Thy Beloved, Sirenia, Nightwish, MacBeth, In Flames, Nile, Naplam Death, Aborted, Emporer, Darkseed, Axis of Perdition (I have SneakyPenguin to thank for getting me interested in them, Dark Tranquillity, Crematory, Mnemic, and thats just going thru two folders I have of stuff.

As you can tell, my metal taste, very much like my musical taste run the gamut. As long as its good, I'll listen to it. I mean, its not uncommon for me to go from some old country song to jazz, then to metal to ska, and back again...

Though as of the past year or so, I'll check out the reviews on Blabbermouth and then go see what I can find online and give htem a listen or two. Doesn't matter what either the reviewer or reader rating is...just looking to find new stuff.

Though one thing I hate with a fucking passion is hardcore.

Our tastes are different but there are a few on your list that I like: Nile, Naplam Death, Carcass. Nevermore is a good one; I remember that singers old band too- Sanctuary which was a great fucking band live (Yeah I'm old)

Damn you xevious...

#167 HumanSnatcher

HumanSnatcher

Disappear here...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2006 - 04:59 AM

Our tastes are different but there are a few on your list that I like: Nile, Naplam Death, Carcass. Nevermore is a good one; I remember that singers old band too- Sanctuary which was a great fucking band live (Yeah I'm old)

Well, like I said, I listen to literally everything, so its not ust relegated to metal and its sub genres. For example, I just went from listening to some Celtic Frost to listening to Garbage then onto Public Enemy. I can be bi-polar as all hell when it comes to music period. As for Nevermore, I never have their album Enemies of Reality a chance, and have yet to listen to This Godless Endeaver. I've heard they're fuckin killer live. I just wish they'd come to my area. The closest is Jaxx in Springfield, VA. They sell out in record time there.

Of course my heart and soul are tied to metal and industrial though

#168 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2006 - 05:42 AM

If you still want some slow/droney shit, I can list a bunch:

Sleep
jesu
Sunn 0))) (I'm not a fan, but you don't get much slower)
Boris on the album Amplifier Worship
Thrones
HALO

By four o'clock I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead.

#169 HumanSnatcher

HumanSnatcher

Disappear here...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2006 - 06:00 AM

If you still want some slow/droney shit, I can list a bunch:

Sleep
jesu
Sunn 0))) (I'm not a fan, but you don't get much slower)
Boris on the album Amplifier Worship
Thrones
HALO

I thought that Sunn O)))) was industrial??

#170 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2006 - 06:36 AM

I thought that Sunn O)))) was industrial??

God no. Full on Drone metal, some of the most boring shit I've ever heard. White2 is the only album I've enjoyed, and that's because of the heavy noise influence.

#171 Metal Boss

Metal Boss

Supreme Master of Hadou

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2006 - 07:06 AM

You bet.

The albums no st. anger of slayer by anymeans though.

#172 Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson

spends too much time here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2006 - 09:11 AM

Mastodon - Blood Mountain leaked

I didn't know the new album was so close. Thanks for the heads up.

samuraifez.png

#173 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2006 - 01:52 AM

I didn't know the new album was so close. Thanks for the heads up.

comes out september 12th i believe, a webrip leaked
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#174 RedComet

RedComet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2006 - 03:27 AM

Can anyone recommend me some metal of any genre that you can find at Best Buy? I want to try and listen to something different or new for a change.

#175 Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2006 - 04:00 AM

comes out september 12th i believe, a webrip leaked

Yeah, I just didn't realize the new album was coming out this year (though now I remember Leviathan came out in 2004). On another note, Christ Illusion kicks ass.

samuraifez.png

#176 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2006 - 04:19 AM

Can anyone recommend me some metal of any genre that you can find at Best Buy? I want to try and listen to something different or new for a change.

Best Buy has an extremely limited selection. If thats the only thing thats in your town, I feel bad for you.

So that leads up to my next question- what bands are you into. Maybe someone here can recommend something...

Damn you xevious...

#177 RedComet

RedComet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2006 - 04:30 AM

Hmm well I guess it doesn't have to be something mainstream you could find at BB. Here's some bands I've been listening to as of late.

!T.O.O.H.!
Amon Amarth
Ensiferum
Korpiklaani
Sigh
Strapping Young Lad
Wintersun

#178 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2006 - 04:46 AM

Hmm well I guess it doesn't have to be something mainstream you could find at BB. Here's some bands I've been listening to as of late.

!T.O.O.H.!
Amon Amarth
Ensiferum
Korpiklaani
Sigh
Strapping Young Lad
Wintersun

What I can suggest is that you check out www.allmusic.com

You can look up information on some of your favorite bands and there is a section where they show related bands. It's a good place to do research on music in general.....

Damn you xevious...

#179 Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2006 - 07:09 AM

I need a recommendation from a Slayer fan. I love Reign in Blood, and Christ Illusion is incredible. What album should I listen to next?

samuraifez.png

#180 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2006 - 07:39 AM

I need a recommendation from a Slayer fan. I love Reign in Blood, and Christ Illusion is incredible. What album should I listen to next?

South of Heaven? i personally think you can't go wrong with any of them, even God Hates Us All <3
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP