Grammy nominated King Diamond screams "Metal Heads Unite!!"

• Please log in to reply
1982 replies to this topic

#1861 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:35 PM

Shit, good to know, thanks. Also fuck you for that lineup. Mine is decent (Theories, Black Breath, Mass Grave) but nowhere near Dropdead/Brutal Truth. When I saw that lineup I shit a brick then remembered I live 3000 miles away.

By four o'clock I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead.

#1862 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:54 PM

I'm fortunate by circumstance - MDF is this weekend, and I totally forgot about that.

Shame I'm never, ever, ever in town memorial day weekend - I'm actually traveling to a wedding this weekend and missing out on an important conference/meeting I usually go to.
Posted Image

#1863 Canadian_Man

Canadian_Man

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:51 AM

Some bands I'm really dissapointed that I will be missing out on this year's bill, especially Electric Wizard.

To lessen that pain, I sure am happy to see Agalloch are touring and will be playing my city.

#1864 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:42 PM

I'll take this discussion as a "no," then.

:lol:

Yeah, if I'm buying physical music, it's gonna be the record. I'll buy an lp or I'll buy digital. CDs don't do it for me anymore.

Try the All That's Heavy Store. Maybe you can do better there.

I'm fortunate by circumstance - MDF is this weekend, and I totally forgot about that.

Shame I'm never, ever, ever in town memorial day weekend - I'm actually traveling to a wedding this weekend and missing out on an important conference/meeting I usually go to.

Man....I would love to go to see MDF. Also the Scion Festival in Tampa looks good.

I am going to see Church of Misery/Hail Hornet/ Gates of Slumber in San Francisco next month though.

Damn you xevious...

Damn you Xevious... damn you to hell.....

Damn you Xevious be quiet.

So you know EBM? Damn you Xevious...

#1865 Canadian_Man

Canadian_Man

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:21 PM

Kreator's new album sounds inspired by Skyrim. Lots of good riffs and leads, but the song writing is very plain.

Just came across this album that came out about two months ago. Its like Immolation sped up :bouncy:

#1866 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:26 PM

...and I'm missing that show (Church of Misery/Hail Hornet) in Philly on Saturday, so lucky you.
Posted Image

#1867 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

Tragedy tonight. No clue on who the support is so I feel like I should check that out. hoping they have some copies of Darker Days Ahead available.

Also, sped up Immolation? I need to listen to this on break.

By four o'clock I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead.

#1868 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:48 AM

Love the song titles for the new Nile album (LOL!):

"At The Gate Of Sethu" track listing (North American/European digipack):

01. Enduring The Eternal Molestation Of Flame
02. The Fiends Who Come To Steal The Magick Of The Deceased
03. The Inevitable Degradation Of Flesh
04. When My Wrath Is Done
05. Slaves Of Xul
06. The Gods Who Light Up The Sky At The Gate Of Sethu
07. Natural Liberation Of Fear Through The Ritual Deception Of Death
08. Ethno-Musicological Cannibalisms
09. Tribunal Of The Dead
10. Supreme Humanism Of Megalomania
11. The Chaining Of The Iniquitous

Its all good though. I will be a first day buyer

Damn you xevious...

#1869 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:54 AM

It sounds like they took the names for a bunch of Cradle of Filth B-Sides.

Also, Tragedy was awesome. Most of the support was great too, two thrashing grind bands and one decent hardcore act.

#1870 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:31 PM

Nasum was great. Still not impressed with Black Breath but Mass Graves tore it up and Theories is turning into one of my favorite local acts (HHIG cover? Fuck YEA).

Also, sadly no posters at my show, merch was surprisingly limited in general but I did score a decent Nasum shirt.

#1871 Canadian_Man

Canadian_Man

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:59 PM

Don't know about them live, but never having listened to Black Breath before their latest album, I'm surprised to hear that. One of the better albums I've heard this year.

#1872 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:52 PM

For all intents and purposes I should love the album and the band but for some reason I just can't get interested. Granted, I felt the same way about Nasum until last night.

#1873 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:47 AM

A buddy of mine turned me on to their first album. Black Sin (Spit on the Cross) is an awesome song to run to, if you're into that sort of thing.
Posted Image

#1874 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:21 AM

Most of their stuff is good for running, but so are most crossover/thrash bands. I think it's the guitar tone that I don't like. Can't place exactly why but the sound just turns me off.

#1875 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:41 PM

If anyone cares, here's the 6/3 setlist for Sleep:

Holy Mountain
Aquarian
Dragonaut
The Druid
And Sagan
Magnatar
From Beyond
Sonic Titan

And a whole lot of bits and pieces of Dopesmoker. Played for around 90-100 minutes straight. Loudest show I've seen, surpassing both Swans and Jucifer.

#1876 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:25 PM

Holy Mountain
Aquarian
Dragonaut
The Druid
And Sagan
Magnatar
From Beyond
Sonic Titan

And a whole lot of bits and pieces of Dopesmoker. Played for around 90-100 minutes straight. Loudest show I've seen, surpassing both Swans and Jucifer.

God, I wish I could have seen that show. Closing with Sonic Titan is epic.

#1877 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:34 PM

Well, they technically didn't close with Sonic Titan. It's generally only a ~10 minute track but they played for well over 30 minutes. Probably melded more into improv and Dopesmoker by the end.

#1878 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:43 PM

Well that still sounds pretty epic!

In other Matt Pike news, High On Fire's The Art of Self Defense is being reissued on July 31. It includes a few bonus tracks and a 48 page booklet. This is my favorite album by HoF so I'll definitely pick this up. I kinda like the crappy production of the original release though, it's really muddy.

#1879 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:52 PM

New Fear Factory today.

#1880 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:50 PM

Holy Mountain
Aquarian
Dragonaut
The Druid
And Sagan
Magnatar
From Beyond
Sonic Titan

Jealous X infinity!!!!

Awesome set list! I wish they would do a real tour.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1881 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:22 PM

Going to see Antisect tomorrow.
Posted Image

#1882 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:01 PM

I ended up skipping Antisect. Felt like I should've gone but it was a packed week (with overtime as well) and I'm not actually huge on anarcho punk.

Still debating if I want to spend more money and go see Yob tomorrow night.

#1883 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:28 AM

Good thing you saw Sleep now, Matt Pike is going into rehab for alcoholism. High On Fire isn't doing Mayhem Fest because of it, which sucks because I really wanted to see them there, even though they'd only be playing for 20 minutes.

#1884 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:29 AM

Yea, I saw about rehab. They also cancelled a concert the day before the one I saw so I'm really glad I managed to get in on that.

#1885 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:30 PM

Here is the Deep Discount cd sale on metal CDs:

http://www.deepdisco...3&viewType=list

Thought you guys might be interested.

Damn you xevious...

#1886 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:40 PM

I bought tickets last week for Katatonia and Devin Townsend, who are playing here in September.

And Gojira, Lamb of God and Dethklok in August.

#1887 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:06 PM

A friend was talking to me about that Dethklok show last night. I'm interested in Dethklok because it seems fun but I'm not sure I can warrant sitting through the crap that is Lamb of God or the meh that is Gojira.

#1888 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:02 AM

Here is the Deep Discount cd sale on metal CDs:

http://www.deepdisco...3&viewType=list

Thought you guys might be interested.

That link doesn't work and I can't find the sale on their site, maybe I'm just missing it.

#1889 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:26 AM

That link doesn't work and I can't find the sale on their site, maybe I'm just missing it.

Ok. Lets try this again.

Here is a link to the sale page (not the metal cds section).
http://www.deepdisco...nnual-Sale-home

Not all metal discs are on sale but I went through them all and there are some deals to be had. DON'T FORGET TO USE THE COUPON CODE.

Off the top of my head, I saw several Motorhead, King Diamond, Judas Priest, Cannibal Corpse titles that were on sale. There were a lot more though.

EDIT: I noticed that Metal Blade was well represented in the sale.

Edited by Xevious, 12 June 2012 - 04:57 AM.

Damn you xevious...

#1890 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:11 AM

I bought tickets last week for Katatonia and Devin Townsend, who are playing here in September.

They apparently aren't fucking playing here which really pisses me off. I may have to go to Chicago or whatever is closest. Not really familiar with Katatonia but I definitely want to see Dev and Paradise Lost, I've never seen PD live before.
Posted Image