Grammy nominated King Diamond screams "Metal Heads Unite!!"

• Please log in to reply
1982 replies to this topic

#1921 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:45 AM

That Cold Embrace song sounds like it was something left on the cutting room floor during The Ritual sessions 20 years ago. The more I listen to this record the stranger it seems. It is really all over the place. On paper it should be my favorite album of their's ever...I loved Demonic w/ Gene on drums, and the rest of the band is the original lineup so that seems like it would be great. Something just didn't fall into place with this one.

I hear what you saying .... its definately not from a lack of trying though.

I plan to listen to it some more... Maybe its a grower or maybe they may need a new producer for the next album (Someone to reign them in song wise). Its hard to say at this point though.

Damn you xevious...

Damn you Xevious... damn you to hell.....

Damn you Xevious be quiet.

So you know EBM? Damn you Xevious...

#1922 Canadian_Man

Canadian_Man

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:48 PM

I listened to Testament's new album while I went for a run yesterday and I couldn't get over how bland the songwriting is. Formation at least had some tasty riffs.

Grave's new one is pretty good so far.

#1923 motorkill

motorkill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:34 PM

All the complaints Im hearing here about the new Testament are the same complaints my brother had. I thought he was just being picky but these seem to be common issues with the new album. I guess I'll skip it for now.

The more I hear the new Baroness, the more I like it.

Picked up the new Nachtmystium. Haven't heard it all, but I like what I hear so far.

]

#1924 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:14 AM

Pretty much a holy grail for Type O Negative fans. I posted a few months ago about how someone paid 700 bucks for a cassette that Peter Steele made for a friend that had some of this stuff on it. Really for fans only as it's just early mixes of October Rust stuff, but still something fans of the band have known about and wanted for a long time. Pretty sure this isn't everything from the early mixes but considering exactly zero things were available from it before, I'm not bitching.

Posted Image

#1925 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:47 AM

Listening to the new Baroness, I like the Yellow Part but the Green Part is harder for me to enjoy. It just feels to me like this very generic were trying to be cool and almost indie but heavier than indie rock.

Also I have to post this. Yes this is some Devin's less metal stuff, but I laughed my ass off at this one. I also respect Devin because he is that batshit crazy to make a video of him dancing like a retard, and he doesn't give a Fuck.

Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#1926 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:48 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...merset-19267414

Baroness involved in an awful bus crash.
Posted Image

#1927 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:57 PM

Just got tickets for the Maiden England tour (Iron Maiden) for Friday. I'm super-psyched. I have never seen them live but I've heard they put on a great show.

This tour is a recreation of their 1988 tour right after 7th Son of a 7th Son came out, and they're playing 100% old material but using modern pyrotechnics and stage design and all that.

#1928 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:45 PM

I hope they are ok. That crash looked brutal.

Damn you xevious...

Damn you Xevious... damn you to hell.....

Damn you Xevious be quiet.

So you know EBM? Damn you Xevious...

#1929 motorkill

motorkill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:58 PM

Well none of the injuries appear to be ''life threatening'' so that's good. Hope everyone involved a speedy recovery.

]

#1930 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:12 PM

I wish them all a speedy recovery.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1931 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:20 PM

Was listening to it the other day when it rained, love that song.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#1932 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:27 AM

Dev's Epicloud is out there now (actual release is on the 18th). Listened to it tonight...there was absolutely no way in hell it was going to live up to my impossible expectations but I did enjoy it. Ki is still my favorite of the Devin Townsend Project records but this is pretty close to Addicted for the #2 spot. To do an ultra-nerdy breakdown it's like 40% Addicted, 30% Deconstruction, 20% Ghost, and 10% Ki. I was sort of expecting what would essentially be Addicted 2 (which is my fault since that was never indicated) so in that regard it was cool to be surprised too. After the kind of disappointing Testament album this was a nice gift.

Wanted to film something for the Lucky Animals video thing they were doing but didn't have time before the 8/31 deadline. Oh well.

I have not listened to Epiclouder yet, which is the 2nd disc which is another complete album of stuff that he didn't 100% finish through the mastering process for the main record.

May drive to Chicago on the 17th to see Dev with Katatonia (who I am not familiar with at all), along with Paradise Lost and some other band. Paradise Lost is a bucket list band for me so I'm going to try my best to make the trip.

Testament & Anthrax at the end of the month. Have never seen Anthrax either. Not a diehard fan...I think I have like two albums and my favorite of those is from the John Bush era, but it'll be cool to see them.
Posted Image

#1933 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

A living, breathing piece of defecating meat.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:13 PM

http://www.metalsuck...a-head-records/

Looks like Hydra Head is shutting it's doors. Sad news, I've enjoyed a majority of the groups they've had on their roster. I hope nobody tries to use the pirating angle on this... It was just a label that specialized in music that was hard to market.

76561198003985248.png

#1934 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:51 PM

Pretty much a holy grail for Type O Negative fans. I posted a few months ago about how someone paid 700 bucks for a cassette that Peter Steele made for a friend that had some of this stuff on it. Really for fans only as it's just early mixes of October Rust stuff, but still something fans of the band have known about and wanted for a long time. Pretty sure this isn't everything from the early mixes but considering exactly zero things were available from it before, I'm not bitching.

WTF is going at the very end?

Edited by Anexanhume, 11 September 2012 - 08:06 PM.

#1935 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:08 PM

Looks like Hydra Head is shutting it's doors. Sad news, I've enjoyed a majority of the groups they've had on their roster. I hope nobody tries to use the pirating angle on this... It was just a label that specialized in music that was hard to market.

Yea I saw this earlier. Sucks really bad since a lot of their bands ruled.

In other news, Acid Witch's first album, Witchtanic Hellucinations, is being reprinted in October. Awesome slab of Psychedelic Death Metal that currently sells for way too much money.

By four o'clock I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead.

#1936 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:03 PM

That fucking sucks. I might get the $100 bundle to help 'em out and it's a great deal overall.

#1937 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:28 AM

WTF is going at the very end?

Think that's just some audio of Peter and his at the time girlfriend.

The more I listen to Epicloud the more I'm liking it.

#1938 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:36 PM

Dev put all of Epicloud online for those who care. I wasn't gonna listen till tuesday but I could not resist. It's basically Addicted but less industrial and more just straight up rock, even with some softer notes of Ghost put in. Granted I am a huge Devin fan but still, this album is a statement that commercial, radio friendly music does not only have to not suck, but it can be just so damn catchy too. It's just too bad he wont see any radio airplay which he deserves. God I love this album so much.

http://exclaim.ca/Mu...ud_album_stream
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#1939 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:34 AM

Long ass drive to Chicago this morning/afternoon to see Devin/Katatonia/Paradise Lost tonight. Probably won't even have time to stop at Kuma's to eat since we'll be getting there right around doors and my friend has to work the next day so we're coming right back. Still excited to see PD for the first time. If you're into metal, can eat and or drink a lot, and are in Chicago on a trip, check Kuma's out, by the way.

Loving Epicloud more and more each time I hear it.

#1940 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

Anybody seen Morbid Angel on this tour? They're here on Friday but I've heard that they're kinda phoning it in.
3DS Buddy Code 2767-0055-5245 send a pm with your code if you add and I will return the favor
XBL - Nasum2

#1941 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:26 AM

Death - Spiritual Healing remaster is FINALLY coming out next month. Considering how amazing the remasters for Human, Individual Thought Patterns, and Sound Of Perseverance were not bullshit remasters and an actual from the ground up mastering I am beyond excited. Spiritual Healing is my favorite of them all.

http://www.relapse.c...cd-reissue.html

release: 11/20/12
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#1942 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:29 AM

Happy Halloween. Hail Satan and all that.

Posted Image

#1943 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:50 AM

By four o'clock I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead.

#1944 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:42 AM

That damn riff gets stuck in my head for a couple days every time I hear that song. Thanks, dick. It's a been a few months. :lol:

#1945 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:50 AM

Devy just hit the road with Gojira, who I actually have never heard before. Are they worth checking out before I go to the show? No big deal if not, I'll just leave after Townsend is done.
Posted Image

#1946 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:00 AM

They are not. The bad end of "prog" wankery.

#1947 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:26 AM

I don't think I've ever heard any of their studio stuff, but I saw them open for Metallica with Lamb of God. They had a ton of energy and acted like they were having a lot of fun, but they sounded pretty awful.

#1948 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

Devy just hit the road with Gojira, who I actually have never heard before. Are they worth checking out before I go to the show? No big deal if not, I'll just leave after Townsend is done.

You should go for Gojira, and stay for Devin. They are one of my favorite bands.

Do you guys like Witch Mountain?

Edited by shieryda, 18 January 2013 - 09:11 PM.

#1949 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

15 CD Blind Guardian boxset with all pre 2004 releases remastered and some never before released demos, live recordings and rarities. Who's in :lol:?

http://www.blind-gua...-february-2013/

#1950 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

A living, breathing piece of defecating meat.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:00 AM

You should go for Gojira, and stay for Devin. They are one of my favorite bands.

Do you guys like Witch Mountain?

And (unless you're in Canada) be excited as hell to see The Atlas Moth too.

76561198003985248.png