Grammy nominated King Diamond screams "Metal Heads Unite!!"

• Please log in to reply
1982 replies to this topic

#1981 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:41 PM

Watched half of The Decline of Western Civilization Part II last night.

Hilarious, nostalgic, and kinda repugnant in a sense (the misogyny of 80's rock was quite flagrant, not like it's gone today). Listening to Taime Downe claim that he doesn't do drugs was preposterous, but an artifact of the era (where drug use was overtly done, but never admitted to). 

Bret Michaels and CC DeVille are stuffed to the GILLS with coke in their interview segments in the movie.

No wonder Michaels ended up with diabetes.

Oh. Wrong coke. Carry on!

Anti-State, Anti-War, Pro-Market

#1982 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:30 AM

Down IV Part II is great.  I'm pretty sure these guys can do no wrong (yes, I liked Down II), it's solid release after solid release.  Even though nothing will be as good as NOLA, everything else is still fantastic.

#1983 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:03 PM

Not actually metal per se, but if you liked Devin's Ki and Ghost albums, you'll want to check out Casualties of Cool (it's actually under that name, it's not being released as a Devin Townsend album). Kind of a cosmic/creepy Johnny Cash sound in places. It's turning out to be one of my favorite albums ever.

The release schedule is kind of weird since it was funded by PledgeMusic, so donators have it already and I think it's out on iTunes tomorrow, and everywhere else in the next few days.
Posted Image