Grammy nominated King Diamond screams "Metal Heads Unite!!"

• Please log in to reply
1982 replies to this topic

#181 HumanSnatcher

HumanSnatcher

Disappear here...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2006 - 07:47 AM

Could give Diabolus in Musica a spin. Thats what I cut my Slayer teeth on. I'd have to say that that is my favorite Slayer album

When I was in High School a friend got a 100% on a D.A.R.E. test and they gave him a D.A.R.E. duffel bag. Two years later, a drug dealer that was a friend of ours at the time asked to borrow something to transport 2kg of cocaine in and he handed over his D.A.R.E. bag. He brought it back to him with an oz of weed in it as a thank you.

#182 Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson

spends too much time here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2006 - 08:24 AM

Could give Diabolus in Musica a spin. Thats what I cut my Slayer teeth on. I'd have to say that that is my favorite Slayer album

Thanks, I'll put it in the queue.

samuraifez.png

#183 HumanSnatcher

HumanSnatcher

Disappear here...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2006 - 08:30 AM

Thanks, I'll put it in the queue.

Hell, the opening lyrics to Deaths Head has been stuck in my mind for years lol:

"Death's pointed at your head
Your mind on the trigger pull it
Bludgeon bodies give up their muted horror story
Scene of your rage
Death is not strange"

When I was in High School a friend got a 100% on a D.A.R.E. test and they gave him a D.A.R.E. duffel bag. Two years later, a drug dealer that was a friend of ours at the time asked to borrow something to transport 2kg of cocaine in and he handed over his D.A.R.E. bag. He brought it back to him with an oz of weed in it as a thank you.

#184 CrimGhost

CrimGhost

Posted 11 August 2006 - 07:56 AM

Show No Mercy to Seasons in the abyss are the best thrash albums ever! Haha ok so maybe there's some from other bands, but we'll get to that later. If you like Slayer, listen to Death, I suggest Scream Bloody Gore by Death.
Posted Image

#185 HumanSnatcher

HumanSnatcher

Disappear here...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2006 - 01:56 PM

Show No Mercy to Seasons in the abyss are the best thrash albums ever! Haha ok so maybe there's some from other bands, but we'll get to that later. If you like Slayer, listen to Death, I suggest Scream Bloody Gore by Death.

Ahh, Death. Bless Chuck Shuldiner(sp?) for being one of the pioneers of death meatl! Just sucks that they poor guy a few years back

#186 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2006 - 06:12 PM

I need a recommendation from a Slayer fan. I love Reign in Blood, and Christ Illusion is incredible. What album should I listen to next?

Reign in Blood, South of Heaven and Seasons are three core Slayer albums that you should check out.

I do have a lot of love for Hell Awaits and Show No Mercy but those albums had lesser production values than the before-mentioned records.

Damn you xevious...

Damn you Xevious... damn you to hell.....

Damn you Xevious be quiet.

So you know EBM? Damn you Xevious...

#187 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2006 - 04:13 AM

Human is the better Death album.

Get Alice in Hell by Annihilator, Slaughter in The Vatican by Exhorder, The Sun of Tiphareth by Absu (if you want some blackened thrash), and Darkness Descends by Dark Angel. Darkness Descends is probably the best thrash album ever.

By four o'clock I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead.

#188 HumanSnatcher

HumanSnatcher

Disappear here...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2006 - 04:15 AM

Human is the better Death album.

Get Alice in Hell by Annihilator, Slaughter in The Vatican by Exhorder, The Sun of Tiphareth by Absu (if you want some blackened thrash), and Darkness Descends by Dark Angel. Darkness Descends is probably the best thrash album ever.

I think I have that Death album sitting somewhere on my PC.

Ultimatly, I prefer melodic metal. I don't care if its death, black, goth, or whatever...

#189 CrimGhost

CrimGhost

Posted 12 August 2006 - 05:06 AM

R.I.P. Chuck.
Posted Image

#190 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2006 - 06:31 AM

Such a sadly unmetal way to die too :(

By four o'clock I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead.

#191 dtcarson

dtcarson

No cute in-joke here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2006 - 09:21 PM

I love Annihiilator--Alilce in Hell, though I'm not too enamored of their other stuff. I think the only Death album I have is Spiritual Healing.

#192 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2006 - 12:58 AM

Lamb of God - Sacrament leaked >_<

fucking loving it \m/
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#193 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2006 - 05:38 PM

I noticed all you guys are talking about album leaks. Here is an interesting article:

MASTODON Drummer Says British Journalist Is Responsible For New Album Leak - Aug. 16, 2006 MASTODON's drummer, Bränn Dailor, has told MTV.com that a certain English journalist is the one behind the online leak of the Atlanta metallers' forthcoming album, "Blood Mountain", last week.

"Hopefully one day, he'll introduce himself," Dailor joked about the journalist, who claimed he was one of the band's biggest fans. "[Our record label] traced it back to the guy who did it, and he got fired from wherever he was working. It's just so stupid. And it's such a sh---y copy. It sounds like sh--. I'm not concerned with record sales, because I think that if anyone's looking for it online to download it and listen to it, when it comes out [on September 12], they'll buy it anyways. They're fans.

"My problem is, I can equate it to when I was 11 years old," he continued, relaying a story about discovering his Christmas presents in his mother's closet a month before the holiday. "I wrapped it all back up, and then Christmas came, and I went downstairs, and I knew everything I was going to get. And that sucked. It totally ruined the whole thing. Up until then, I had never done that before and I was always really excited to wake up and open that first present. But that wasn't awesome, and I never did it again.

"When I was a kid, you had to wait for that IRON MAIDEN record," he recalled. "The whole thing was, this is the day it comes out, and you cannot have it before that day. But these days, with the Internet, everything just leaks. I urge people not to download it if they see it there, but I understand if they do. I want people to be excited for it and to hear it for the first time and hear it the way it was supposed to be heard."

MASTODON last week shot two videos within five days, with director Jonathan Rej (FURTHER SEEMS FOREVER, STRETCH ARMSTRONG), who worked with the band on the video for "Blood and Thunder" from 2004's "Leviathan".

Read more at MTV.com.

Damn you xevious...

#194 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2006 - 05:43 PM

"My problem is, I can equate it to when I was 11 years old," he continued, relaying a story about discovering his Christmas presents in his mother's closet a month before the holiday. "I wrapped it all back up, and then Christmas came, and I went downstairs, and I knew everything I was going to get. And that sucked. It totally ruined the whole thing. Up until then, I had never done that before and I was always really excited to wake up and open that first present. But that wasn't awesome, and I never did it again.

Least metal analogy ever.

#195 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2006 - 07:26 PM

Least metal analogy ever.

Ha Ha! I know what he's saying though. I'm pretty old school in a sense that I still buy cds. I decided not to download the album cause I rather hear it on my stereo than on my computer speakers.

-------------------------------

Speaking of old school, I've been lately listening to one of the most underated metal bands of all time - Coroner! I've forgotten how tight that shit is!

Damn you xevious...

#196 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2006 - 02:57 PM

so, the frontman of Dissection committed suicide?

that's what it says here: http://www.roadrunne...ewsitemID=56681

:/
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#197 HumanSnatcher

HumanSnatcher

Disappear here...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2006 - 09:45 PM

so, the frontman of Dissection committed suicide?

that's what it says here: http://www.roadrunne...ewsitemID=56681

:/

Eh, I could care less, from my understanding, Jon Nödtveidt was a douche bag anyway (and yes, I know about his whole murder, conviction thing, whatta dumbass). Even though I really like Storm of the Light's Bane.

Now if that Aryan wannabe moron Varg Vikernes would do the same.

#198 Metal Boss

Metal Boss

Supreme Master of Hadou

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2006 - 01:14 AM

Yes everybody with a difference of opinion from you should die, even if you don't know them personally or other than from what people tell you!

Nödtveidt could shit better riffs than most bands could possibly dream of in a lifetime, I guess that doesn't matter when bands for you are just MP3s "sitting somewhere on your PC"...

#199 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2006 - 03:03 AM

Posted Image

So many things wrong with this picture.

#200 CrimGhost

CrimGhost

Posted 19 August 2006 - 03:26 AM

Posted Image

So many things wrong with this picture.

Yeah, but it's still hillarious.
Posted Image

#201 HumanSnatcher

HumanSnatcher

Disappear here...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2006 - 03:43 AM

Shopping at Hot Topic, Sneaky?

And Metal Boss, go Fuck yourself, you self rightous jackass. I mean, in other words, you totally advocated the murder of a gay man (as with Jons case) and the murder of a band mate because of a supposed idea that the other member had a more "evil" reputation and other bull shit stuff. Not to mention burning down really old churchs (I'm not any religion, but that is just fucked up), and spout off Aryan rhetoric and other wanna be "white power" shit. Yeah. Thats smart...fucker...

I will say that I respected Jon as a musician, but as a person, I'm glad he decided to just off himself

#202 CrimGhost

CrimGhost

Posted 19 August 2006 - 04:25 AM

Shopping at Hot Topic, Sneaky?

And Metal Boss, go Fuck yourself, you self rightous jackass. I mean, in other words, you totally advocated the murder of a gay man (as with Jons case) and the murder of a band mate because of a supposed idea that the other member had a more "evil" reputation and other bull shit stuff. Not to mention burning down really old churchs (I'm not any religion, but that is just fucked up), and spout off Aryan rhetoric and other wanna be "white power" shit. Yeah. Thats smart...fucker...

I will say that I respected Jon as a musician, but as a person, I'm glad he decided to just off himself

Agreed. Death Metal fans who advocate their favorite Death Metal band's actions are just as goofy as the silly ass band's themselves.
Posted Image

#203 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2006 - 04:35 AM

Yes I shop at Hot Topic. I actually grabbed a Death logo shirt, so there.

#204 HumanSnatcher

HumanSnatcher

Disappear here...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2006 - 05:01 AM

Because it was a shirt for Death, you're forgiven...lol

#205 Metal Boss

Metal Boss

Supreme Master of Hadou

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2006 - 07:05 AM

I didn't like "totally" advocate anything... You've got some really intricate assumptions there.

I think finding satisfaction in him taking his own life is just inane, especially when you seem to make out like you know-it-all, but with all the assumptions you make I would question your knowledge. Quite frankly most of what you say is mispelled gibberish so it's no wonder you speak so freely on your assumptions in the first place.

Fuck you too.

#206 HumanSnatcher

HumanSnatcher

Disappear here...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2006 - 07:08 AM

I didn't like "totally" advocate anything... You've got some really intricate assumptions there.

I think finding satisfaction in him taking his own life is just inane, MP3 dropper, but quite frankly most of what you say is mispelled gibberish so it's no wonder you speak so freely on your assumptions in the first place.

Fuck you too.

News flash, probably everyone on CAG has a fair share on MP3s. So your argument is moot. As for "miss spellings" and not making "valid points" because of said miss spellings, you might as well sell your PC and drop your internet connection because not everyone is a fucking grammer and spelling nazi like your sorry hide...

And their not "assumptions"...geez

#207 Metal Boss

Metal Boss

Supreme Master of Hadou

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2006 - 07:14 AM

I edited my post a bit up there before you replied, but, yes you did make quite the assumption in this little steaming nugget of text.

"you totally advocated the murder of a gay man (as with Jons case) and the murder of a band mate because of a supposed idea that the other member had a more "evil" reputation and other bull shit stuff. Not to mention burning down really old churchs"

no, I did not advocate that...

#208 HumanSnatcher

HumanSnatcher

Disappear here...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2006 - 07:22 AM

As for my "gibberish", I'm sorry that you're dyslexic (or lexicdys in your case). Might want to contact Tom Cruise to see if he can help you with that. And that was a sorry excuse for back-peddling

Its not an "assumption" that Jon Nodtveidt killed some one (doesn't matter who it was), its a fact. Why the hell else was he thrown in jail? Varg Vikernes? He killed Euronymous. There is no concrete evidence of why. Some say it was because he had a more "evil" reputation thatn Varg. Others say it was over money for the first Burzum album on Euronymous's label Deathlike Silence. Not to mention, at the time of his arrest, he was found with over 100kg of explosives in his home, with plans to blow up a church in Norway. Those are FACTS, not bullshit assumptions...

#209 Metal Boss

Metal Boss

Supreme Master of Hadou

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2006 - 08:50 AM

As for my "gibberish", I'm sorry that you're dyslexic (or lexicdys in your case). Might want to contact Tom Cruise to see if he can help you with that. And that was a sorry excuse for back-peddling

Such a quick wit, then you had to ruin it with an oh-so-original Tom Cruise joke, how relevant!

Sure the internet is full of people who can't formulate a decent sentence, or spell simple words, thank you for pointing that out, you must have learned alot from them.

Its not an "assumption" that Jon Nodtveidt killed some one (doesn't matter who it was), its a fact. Why the hell else was he thrown in jail? Varg Vikernes? He killed Euronymous. There is no concrete evidence of why. Some say it was because he had a more "evil" reputation thatn Varg. Others say it was over money for the first Burzum album on Euronymous's label Deathlike Silence. Not to mention, at the time of his arrest, he was found with over 100kg of explosives in his home, with plans to blow up a church in Norway. Those are FACTS, not bullshit assumptions...

Jon was an accomplice in murder, claiming to have owned the gun that was used, he did not actually kill anybody. Get your fucking "FACTS" straight asshole! He did his time, and he's accomplished everything he wanted out of his life and died content with himself, will you be able to say the same about yourself? Worthless shit-talker. You can continue to mock his religeon, rants and philosophy behind your computer screen, and sure, maybe we can both agree on certain aspects of his life that were undesirable all day if you'd like, but the truth is Jon Nodtveidt was an incredibly accomplished man, & much to your dissatisfaction, he did not die a depressed man, by any means. He reached an absolute peak with dissection, and created some of the most amazing metal that will ever exist...

I also did not mention varg at all... Time to shift your arguments to the subject at hand, maybe?

#210 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2006 - 08:38 PM

1st:
I didnt know they sold Death shirts at Hot Topic?! Do they have one with the cover "Scream Bloody Gore"?

2nd:
I dont approve of this metalhead-on-metalhead violence in this thread. Can't we just all get along???:-|

Damn you xevious...