MGS:Subsistence Thread-- info on LE, bonus discs, reviews etc.

A

Apossum

Extras/ Limited Edition FAQ-- Info provided by Jasonlives13

MGS3:Subsistence Discs

Disc 1
Subsistence
Contains the revised Snake Eater game and Demo Theater.

Disc 2
Persistence
Contains Metal Gear Online, Metal Gear 1 and Metal Gear 2. Also contains the Secret Theaters and Duel mode.

Disc 3 (Limited Edition Only)
Existence
Contains the 3 hour Snake Eater movie, plus the TGS 2005 MGS4 trailer.

Metal Gear Sagas DVD-- Came with pre-orders

----Demo Theater Mode:----

Everyone wants to revisit their favorite MGS3 cutscenes after completing the game, and Demo Theater exists just for this purpose!You won't need to play the whole game again just to set your heart racing with the exhilarating action sequences... or let your heart simply melt with the tense, emotional climaxes.

All of the in-game cutscenes are viewable, including optional scenes accessible only after fulfilling certain conditions. Select the scene that you want to watch right from the menu!

You can also decide Snake's appearance in the cutscene by adjusting his camouflage and face paint patterns. The right decisions can turn a normally emotional scene into pure comedy! Take your place as director and set the stage for hilarity!

If you fulfill certain conditions, you can also unlock the secret Peeping Mode. We won't spoil the surprise... we'll let you discover those conditions yourself!

Existence Disc:

The Existence Disc ("Watch MGS3") allows you to enjoy the whole story from start to finish without touching your controller. Re-cut scenes, radio dialogues, and gameplay sequences were edited into this 3.5 hour cinema production.

Some players have said, "I really want to enjoy all the cinematic cutscenes, but I just can't beat the game!" Others have said, "I really want to share the MGS3 experience with one of my friends, but he's just not into the gameplay!" The special third disc was born in answer to these voices. We want everyone to enjoy the whole story even if they don't finish the game.

The disc features more than just our dynamic revisions of the original Snake Eater cutscenes. We have added a number of unique cuts and shots between the extant cutscenes, entirely under Director Hideo Kojima's close supervision. With re-mastered audio and an exclusive narration track, the 3.5 hours of the MGS3 Director's Cut will feel like a fresh experience. Even Snake Eater veterans will rediscover the story's powe.

Snake Eater's story received accolades from all over the world in addition to its high-quality gameplay. Now the critically acclaimed drama will ignite its pathos for all audiences, not just game players alone. We would like for you to experience the legacies of these Cold War heroes, so bring along your loved ones and etch their memories onto your hearts.

The third disc truly earns the name "Existence." Its exclusive release with the first-minted copies of Subsistence proves that it only "exists" on this special occasion. The trailer for Metal Gear Solid 4 (tentative title) comes as a bonus track on the Existence Disc, too. Experience the shockwaves of the revolutionary next-gen console, the Playstation® 3!

Please note that the Existence Disc only ships with the limited premier edition of Subsistence.

For more info please visit:
http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/mgs3_sub/america/

Reviews:

OPM-- 5/5

PSM 10/10 -- http://metalgear.neoseeker.com/archive.php?storyid=2151
--Scans of the Subsistence and Ac!d 2 reviews (MGA2 got an 8.5/10)

IGN-- 9.8 http://ps2.ign.com/articles/694/694781p1.html

Can't wait to take this online (and finally finish the story...I stopped at the 2 hour cutscene with the guy in the office last time.)

Wow... damn fine score. The only way for an already great game with added features is up! I might or might not get it since all I really want is the DVD with the limted edition version, and seeing as I'm already behind on pre-ordering, I'll probably have a hard time getting it.

And this score for Ac!d was what I was expecting... which is great since I was going to pick it up anyway.

and shame on you for never finishing it :lol:

I feel like shooting myself because I didnt pre-order the LE...oh well, I'll probably find it at Circuit City or Best Buy.

Is the DVD that came with the LE the same one that EB and GS are giving away right now if you pre-order it, or was it an entirely different version?

I think there's a 3rd disc with the LE and maybe special packaging.

Rolento-- after hearing about subsistence, I just cut my losses and sold it while it was still worth more than $5. it's been a loooong wait though.

I REALLY want the LE, but my dumb ass didn't preorder it. Hopefully I can find it at my local Wal-Mart.

[quote name='MastaGamer']Is the DVD that came with the LE the same one that EB and GS are giving away right now if you pre-order it, or was it an entirely different version?[/QUOTE] The DVD that is being given away is the Metal Gear Sagas DVD(around 30 minute long). If your Gamestop/EB has any copies left your get it for free with pre-order of the Regular edition or LE.

The LE comes with 3 discs(not includeing Sagas) Something like 1st disc:Original game, 2nd: online stuff, 3rd: Existence(has all cutscnes edited together and stuff to make a movie type thing). Not sure what else is on 2nd and 3rd discs. Regular edition only has 2 discs(not including Sagas). Regular edition is missing the Existence disc.

:whistle2:? I have to pick up a network adapter to play the online. LE should kickass. I had MGS3 but traded it a whle ago. Good game. Pre-orded the LE a couple days ago. So you guys might be able to pre-order still. Just call the store to check.

Good god, are people STILL confused as to what comes with which edition? It seems to be the case all over the internet. I don't know what's so hard to understand.

I can't wait for the game. It comes out during my spring break, so I should have plenty of time to play. If anyone else will be playing this online, i'll probably be using the name: DPatel. If we get enough CAGs with this game, we could probably set up a CAG only game.

[quote name='Apossum']I think there's a 3rd disc with the LE and maybe special packaging.

Rolento-- after hearing about subsistence, I just cut my losses and sold it while it was still worth more than $5. it's been a loooong wait though.[/QUOTE]

Pfft, I'm keeping my original, too. Altogether, that's $90ish I spent on this game, and damn if it wasn't worth every penny. I'm as cheap as the next guy on here, but I have no problems whatsoever with that...this game can't get enough praise, if you ask me.

Oh God...I just read all those scans...oh God, I want this. This is going ot be the best online game ever. EVER. I can't wait. Wow, I have to wait another whole week for this? I'm not going to make it.

[quote name='Vegan']Good god, are people STILL confused as to what comes with which edition? It seems to be the case all over the internet. I don't know what's so hard to understand.[/quote]

i know what you mean...how hard is it to go to konami.com then go to the mgs: subsistence website from there where it gives you ALL the info on the discs and which package comes with what...

Man, I've been so exited for this game! I'm really looking forward to seeing how the third disc turns out - I want to see if it will all be watchable as one film. The test subject? My girlfriend. Ha, I can't wait for her to sit down with me and go through the entire MGS 3 storyline.

I think PSM overrates everything. Not saying this wont be a great game. They give out 10's and 9's like its nothing. After reading about the LE copy I think Im going to go preorder it.

[quote name='Madskills1182']After reading about the LE copy I think Im going to go preorder it.[/quote]

Good luck.

yooooo...

they got network adapters at best buy for $19.99.

I went today to get me a GGC!!

now I can get it for $15!

metal gear online = no studying for finals

[quote name='JEKKI']yooooo...

they got network adapters at best buy for $19.99.

I went today to get me a GGC!!

now I can get it for $15!

metal gear online = no studying for finals[/quote]
Nice...good find. I have the slim PS2, so I don't need the adapter, but I do have a friend who might be interested in playing MGS3 online with his older, bolder system.

They where out of LEs when I preordered... hopefully they'll have a couple extras, anyone think this is likely?

[quote name='Blackshear']They where out of LEs when I preordered... hopefully they'll have a couple extras, anyone think this is likely?[/QUOTE]

hard to say...eb and gs may be out of pre-orders, but then all the other stores might get a ton of LE copies.

[quote name='JEKKI']
metal gear online = no studying for finals[/QUOTE]

that's why im glad it comes out the week after my finals and during my spring break, otherwise I would probably be playing instead of studying too.

I'm not too big on online gaming but the different games they've come up with (except the standard and boring deathmatch) sound pretty fun. I think this is actually going to get me to play a game online.

[quote name='Vegan']I'm not too big on online gaming but the different games they've come up with (except the standard and boring deathmatch) sound pretty fun. I think this is actually going to get me to play a game online.[/QUOTE]

Even straight death match sounds fun now, though, since it's MGS we're talking about...and the chance to sneak up on someone else online and snap their neck is too exciting to ignore.

[quote name='Blind the Thief']Even straight death match sounds fun now, though, since it's MGS we're talking about...and the chance to sneak up on someone else online and snap their neck is too exciting to ignore.[/quote]
:wave:

[quote name='whoknows']So...normal stores are getting the LE right? I cant find it on BB, CC, or any other stores website at all...[/quote]

they may get a few copies, but don't expect too many...but who knows, whoknows?

I'm glad I pre-ordered the LE version. The only bad thing is, I'll be out of town the week this releases, so I'll have to ask my dad to pick it up for me and I won't get to play it until I get back.

[quote name='swetooth9']they may get a few copies, but don't expect too many...but who knows, whoknows?[/QUOTE]

Haha.

If I dont get the LE version when it comes out and it actually does become rare I am going to go crazy...I cant believe I waited to pre-order it...I feel so stupid. Hre's hoping that Best Buy or Circuit City does get it in next week.

I would've like to see every online player get the standard tunnel vision that enemies have, to make sneaking more interesting. If you've seen the videos and screenshots online, it's 3rd person and you can see behind you at all times. I think it'd be cooler if you couldn't.

[quote name='Vegan']I would've like to see every online player get the standard tunnel vision that enemies have, to make sneaking more interesting. If you've seen the videos and screenshots online, it's 3rd person and you can see behind you at all times. I think it'd be cooler if you couldn't.[/quote]

never thought of that...that would rock

IS the free DVD that gamestop.com giving away with the limited edition, or does anyone know where I can pre-order it still possibly?

[quote name='Dijital']IS the free DVD that gamestop.com giving away with the limited edition, or does anyone know where I can pre-order it still possibly?[/quote]

you can preorder either copy (limited or regular) and you'll get the free DVD (while supplies last)

[quote name='swetooth9']you can preorder either copy (limited or regular) and you'll get the free DVD (while supplies last)[/QUOTE]
Do you know where I can still get the Limited edition one?

[quote name='Dijital']Do you know where I can still get the Limited edition one?[/quote]

well, i doubt you can still preorder it, but you may be able to get it at best buy or walmart on the day it comes out if they carry the LE

I'm curious how the Online interface will work out. Hopefully it's half as well done as the SOCOMs as far as lobbies, clans and friendslists. I can't wait to steal your frog and murder ya'll when you try and take my ducky.

I've decided, tomorrow I am going to go to Gamestop and DEMAND that they accept a pre-order of the LE. Sure there will be lots of yelling and I'll probably be kicked out of the store, but if at least one magazine rack is kicked over, it will all be worth it

[quote name='whoknows']I've decided, tomorrow I am going to go to Gamestop and DEMAND that they accept a pre-order of the LE. Sure there will be lots of yelling and I'll probably be kicked out of the store, but if at least one magazine rack is kicked over, it will all be worth it[/QUOTE]

no, no. don't knock over the magazine rack. CQC their asses!

is anyone planning on picking this game up when their stores open and playing straight after? I am on break next week, so I plan to do that. Hoping to see a few of you there.

hmmmm..so ships the 14th. Should be in stores on the 15th, Wednesday. Just have one class on Wednesday, so i will be picking it up after class. What time does Gamestop open?

Ya after I was my car I'm going to run around town and see if they got any LE's left for preorder. The DVD is going to be an oh so sweet feature.

ahhhh crap.....wasn't the PS2 network adapter like $20 new before? Amazon.com has it for $29.99+shipping. EBgames.com has it for $9.99 USED, but start up disc may or may not be included though.

where is the cheapest place to get it?

[quote name='mkg12']ahhhh crap.....wasn't the PS2 network adapter like $20 new before? Amazon.com has it for $29.99+shipping. EBgames.com has it for $9.99 USED, but start up disc may or may not be included though.

where is the cheapest place to get it?[/quote]

best buy 20 new i think

I'm wondering if I should get a headset or not...it's just a regular USB gaming headset, right? Can I find it any cheaper than the PS2 one?

[quote name='mkg12']ahhhh crap.....wasn't the PS2 network adapter like $20 new before? Amazon.com has it for $29.99+shipping. EBgames.com has it for $9.99 USED, but start up disc may or may not be included though.

where is the cheapest place to get it?[/QUOTE]

You don't need the disc. All you have to do is put any network adapter compatible game in and you can set it up from the game. I didn't get one with mine and it works fine.

bread's done
Back