To any Doom fans on the board...

Wasn't Doom64 just Doom ported to the 64? So is that like Doom ported to the N64 ported to Doom 2?

*scratches head*

/me looks for that Daily Victim...

[quote name='gamefreak']Wasn't Doom64 just Doom ported to the 64? So is that like Doom ported to the N64 ported to Doom 2?

*scratches head*

/me looks for that Daily Victim...[/quote]

No, Doom64 is a completely new engine with new graphics, levels and music, which makes it the most original Doom on consoles. Unfortunately it came after both Turok and Goldeneye, I believe, so it's overlooked.

[quote name='Ericnmel99']Where do you get the doom2.wad file?[/quote]

From a copy of Doom II. You'll probably be able to hunt down a secret, illegal copy of it on the net, but there's a Doom compilation with all the original PC stuff and it's usually under $10 (though I see BB upped the price in preparation for Doom III,) so you should really buy it if you like FPSs. With something to spruce up the graphics and add kb+mouse control, like jDoom, it holds up remarkably well.

i totally forgot about this project...i'm going to install it when i get home..thanks for posting this

I never knew any version of doom for any console changed the graphics, I have doom 2 (legally) so I might give it a look :wink: Thanks

[quote name='jmcc'][quote name='gamefreak']Wasn't Doom64 just Doom ported to the 64? So is that like Doom ported to the N64 ported to Doom 2?

*scratches head*

No, Doom64 is a completely new engine with new graphics, levels and music, which makes it the most original Doom on consoles. Unfortunately it came after both Turok and Goldeneye, I believe, so it's overlooked.

From a copy of Doom II. You'll probably be able to hunt down a secret, illegal copy of it on the net, but there's a Doom compilation with all the original PC stuff and it's usually under $10 (though I see BB upped the price in preparation for Doom III,) so you should really buy it if you like FPSs. With something to spruce up the graphics and add kb+mouse control, like jDoom, it holds up remarkably well.[/quote]

I remember Doom64 I just thought it was a port, I stand corrected.

[quote name='jmcc'][quote name='gamefreak']Wasn't Doom64 just Doom ported to the 64? So is that like Doom ported to the N64 ported to Doom 2?

*scratches head*

From a copy of Doom II. You'll probably be able to hunt down a secret, illegal copy of it on the net, but there's a Doom compilation with all the original PC stuff and it's usually under $10 (though I see BB upped the price in preparation for Doom III,) so you should really buy it if you like FPSs. With something to spruce up the graphics and add kb+mouse control, like jDoom, it holds up remarkably well.[/quote]

it is still 10 at Wal-Mart. I always seem to be drawn to it. I have yet to buy it, but will after going through my CC games

Who doesn't like two Dooms?

TF20030106-BigShot02.gif

bread's done
Back