• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2006 - 11:54 PM

Coltrane is black!?

#32 megashock5

megashock5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2006 - 07:00 PM

Amazing, who do these people think invented rock and roll? It wasn't white people.
Posted Image

"Nothing's impossible except for dinosaurs"

Game CollectionMusic CollectionMy Original Music

#33 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2006 - 07:08 PM

Amazing, who do these people think invented rock and roll? It wasn't white people.

:-$
Posted Image

#34 Ikohn4ever

Ikohn4ever

No Women, No Children

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2006 - 07:52 PM

i would rather be nigger lover than a redneck whose mother is his own grandmother/wife lover
"Men have become the tools of their tools." - Thoreau
Smash Code
1805-1831-0940 Ikohn
Posted ImagePosted Image DVDs My Games

#35 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2006 - 09:44 PM

The simple fact in this matter is that anyone who doesn't love John Coltrane is not fit to exist on this planet.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#36 GuilewasNK

GuilewasNK

No gimmicks necessary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2006 - 09:52 PM

Next time tell that dude that John Coltrane > Roscoe P. Coltrane.

(Roscoe is pretty damn funny though, lol.)

Posted Image

It is illegal to assault the internet. - Xi Yanchun

click for my list ---> Posted Image RPGS added!

#37 Guest_Apossum_*

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 11 March 2006 - 10:00 PM

I never know what to make of shit like this when it happens to me. I want to (and usually do) verbally tear them a new one in return, but I sometimes wonder if the correct answer to "Nigger lover!" isn't a laugh, and "So?"

you could screw with their heads and yell "I LOVE BUTTSEX!" right back at them. I suppose there's some risk in that though..

#38 GuilewasNK

GuilewasNK

No gimmicks necessary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2006 - 10:02 PM

you could screw with their heads and yell "I LOVE BUTTSEX!" right back at them. I suppose there's some risk in that though..

:rofl:

I would think so. That's one of those things you better not say unless you mean it, lol.

Posted Image

#39 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2006 - 10:28 PM

Who said that?!

Republican pundits.

#40 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2006 - 10:50 PM

It was a great day and I was out running, everyone having a good time, and these frat boys in a SUV pull up right behind me and startle everyone by honking on their horn and yelling "$$$$$$" and all the other crap. The only problem was that a cop was right behind them and he pulled their asses over. I would have liked to hear that conversation.

#41 GuilewasNK

GuilewasNK

No gimmicks necessary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2006 - 11:16 PM

This topic really makes me want to make a vs. board post, but I don't know if it would be worth the trouble.

Posted Image

#42 Guest_Apossum_*

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 12 March 2006 - 12:05 AM

This topic really makes me want to make a vs. board post, but I don't know if it would be worth the trouble.

as long as it isn't another dems vs. repubs topic, go for it. :D

I was listening to some Fela Kuti today and thinking of how fun it would be to drive in the south with his music at full blast!

#43 GuilewasNK

GuilewasNK

No gimmicks necessary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2006 - 01:07 AM

as long as it isn't another dems vs. repubs topic, go for it. :D

I was listening to some Fela Kuti today and thinking of how fun it would be to drive in the south with his music at full blast!

Hell, no. I don't see the need to add to that particular fire. It's one of the main reasons I don't go into the vs. board more often.

I was thinking something more along the lines of the usage of the n-word in society and music. I dunno though, because that will start a whole new fire I'm sure.

Posted Image

#44 LaraCroftsLeftBoob

LaraCroftsLeftBoob

Insert Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2006 - 02:17 AM

i find it hard to believe a redneck is going to know who coltrane is. are you sure he wasn't refering to something else? do you by any chance have an "I *heart* niggers" bumper sticker on your car?
What good is money if you can't inspire terror in your fellow man?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#45 Duo_Maxwell

Duo_Maxwell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2006 - 02:37 AM

The anti-defamation league did a study a few years back, in which they listed 8 common racist stereotypes of blacks (i.e., "Blacks are less intelligent," "Blacks are lazier than whites," etc). 75% of respondents selected at least one answer as being "true," and 50% selected two or more.

If you don't expect it, you're a fool and lying to yourself.

Now, if you're comparing "overt racism" to the more subtle modern variant, then perhaps you have a point: while we *think* we're past "nigger lover," we aren't past blanket statments such as "blacks don't want to work."

And, living half a mile south of Cincinnati, I know that good ol' boydom of which you speak.

EDIT: Coltrane is always a good choice, especially to drown out the sounds of Toby Keith mixed with a no-muffler automobile coming from the pick-m-up truck next to you.

I find it strange that you make such a good case for stereotyping, then go and give us a good example by your Cincinnati and edit comments.

#46 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2006 - 04:04 AM

I thought this was about Coltrane being gay until I clicked the topic and saw your post and their comments about him being Black which I didn't even know he was.
Posted Image

"Friends let friends eat each other out.".