Anyone watching that show, black white

No, but i've seen the commercials for it. Looks like a good idea, just not my cup of tea. If you own DirecTV, they had this ad for Black & White, where for 5$ you can catch a preview for it, if you just can't wait.

Also, that Ice Cube song from it, got stuck it in my head.

I saw the first episode --- Bruno (the white dad) has to be one of the dumber people on televsion. I like how he continues to insist that as long as you have a good attitude, people will be good to you --- black, white, or other. I am pretty sure a fist to the face would be a good idea.

[quote name='mrnomis27']I saw the first episode --- Bruno (the white dad) has to be one of the dumber people on televsion. I like how he continues to insist that as long as you have a good attitude, people will be good to you --- black, white, or other. I am pretty sure a fist to the face would be a good idea.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call him dumb. He's just ignorant of racism and his point of view is one that is shared by MANY people throughout the US.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']What is the premise of the show?[/quote] the spooks become crackers and vice versa. they switch shoes for a month or some shit. makes me wanna pull out my nine and smoke some ho's!

the black guy that is in white makeup kinda pissed me off. He was like "I never go golfing." Then later, while at the pro-shop he tried on some shoes and the guy working fitted them and put them on for him. He said "Never before (when black), has anyone ever fitted my shoes for me." Ok buddy, it isn't quite as cut and dry as it may seem. Just because you gotted your shoes fitted for you once while you were strangely dressed up as a white man, doesn't mean that people weren't fitting shoes because you are black. Maybe, just maybe because it was your first time in a Pro-Shop you didn't realize that it may be the store's policy for the employees to fit their customers. That is what I hate about these shows. Their are no repeated tests. It is always "Well, this time I dress as a white man and everyone loved me." Newsflash buddy, people treat white people like shit sometimes too.

I can't remember the last time I bought shoes where I actually had someone size me or help me try them on.

I guess shopping for shoes at Kohl's does that to you. I'm sure if I were ever willing to spend more than $50 on sneakers or $100 on work/dress casual shoes I might get some service. As it is I'm an incredible cheap ass when it comes to shoes so alas! No service.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']The black people turned into white people just looks too damn weird. This show is only going to hurt race relations in America.[/QUOTE]

QFT, I started to watch this show then I saw how fucking dumb it was. Instead of trying to do anything good to further us as a people. They play both sides of the race card and let people think what they think already. For example the black guy thinks people moves out of their way on the sidewalk cause they were black. But the white thinks they moved cause there was no room. See the shows proves nothing, it just lets people sit at home and go that dumb fucking honkey, cracker, or ninja don't know what they are talking about.

No. Looks like the most retarded thing ever, honestly. And that Ice Cube song...really? When did he sit down and say "Ya, those lyrics really make me feel the situation at hand. God...Prison's real son." fuckin rappers. Hells filling up fast.

[quote name='jughead']the black guy that is in white makeup kinda pissed me off. He was like "I never go golfing." Then later, while at the pro-shop he tried on some shoes and the guy working fitted them and put them on for him. He said "Never before (when black), has anyone ever fitted my shoes for me." Ok buddy, it isn't quite as cut and dry as it may seem. Just because you gotted your shoes fitted for you once while you were strangely dressed up as a white man, doesn't mean that people weren't fitting shoes because you are black. Maybe, just maybe because it was your first time in a Pro-Shop you didn't realize that it may be the store's policy for the employees to fit their customers. That is what I hate about these shows. Their are no repeated tests. It is always "Well, this time I dress as a white man and everyone loved me." Newsflash buddy, people treat white people like shit sometimes too.[/QUOTE]

He apparently has never been to a large Foot Locker, those guys must work on commision or bonuses because they seem like they'd be ready to spit shine the shoes if you consider buying them and the black/white ratio at the local one is pretty even.

Also, while I didn't watch the show, am I the only one that thinks most of the people on the show came out with more of a different racial look than either being really visibily "black or white" (for example the white father looks like someone of Indian decent almost IMO) Plus here's a good article from the LA Times at why you should not buy totally into the "real contorversial" hype behind this series, it's about as real as MTV's "reality" show Laguna Beach:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...987182.story?page=1&coll=la-headlines-entnews

Seems as though they even setup scenarios for them (even talks about the golf shoes thing), bottom line it maybe it's best to take the "reality" of the show with a grain of salt.

I thought it was interesting. Bruno was annoying though. Also when they put the black make up on Bruno, he didn't look black. He looked like someone from the middle east or somewhere. But the black make up on the white girl did look convincing. I like the scenarios with the kids the best.

After hearing that fucking song every set of commercials for 3 months leading up to the show i don't want to see it ever. I'm not interested in it, and omg like 2 lines of lyrics just loop in my head and it makes me wanna blow em out....with a bullet.

[quote name='DKN']I thought it was interesting. Bruno was annoying though. Also when they put the black make up on Bruno, he didn't look black. He looked like someone from the middle east or somewhere. But the black make up on the white girl did look convincing. I like the scenarios with the kids the best.[/quote]

That's what I thought from the previews. I forgot to watch the show's premiere though. I don't think it is the best idea for a show but it could be interesting.

I said in the previous thread and I'll say again ... the people look like creepy monsters. They dont look like actual black/white people.

Also, I worked at a sports store for about 3 years in college. Never once did any of the employees touch a man or a woman's foot nor help them put their shoes on. The only people we'd help with the shoes were little kids.

its the nose and jaw lines that gives them away. hmm i wonder what kind of make up they are putting on that one black to white dude so it doesn't come off while tending the bar (like handling drinks, food, sweat)

[quote name='jaykrue']The white daughter Rose looked quite good as a black girl. I would totally hit that (black or white) when she's legal.[/quote]

She's legal now for what it is worth. They said she is 18 on the website.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']She's legal now for what it is worth. They said she is 18 on the website.[/quote]

Awesome. Now to sharpen my stalking skillz. :rofl:

[quote name='ITDEFX']Micheal Jackson must be wondering why he wasn't invited to do the show...hes the perfect example of the switch :O[/quote]

All kidding aside, I'd really like Michael to just explain his transformation. Vitiligo doesn't change your nose, cheekbones, jaw, and hair.

I'm often being accussed of being a racist at my job. Look I card everyone for R rated films, I don't take age (some people have proven to look either REALLY younger or older than their age!), sex, or color. I know this might sound racists, but it is most often a black person that gets offended and may play the race card if not the age one too when I ask to see an ID.

Also a lot of kids are noisy on the weekends and get kicked out of the theater (after getting a refund they don't deserve) and this gives my coworkers the impression that the black people that come to see movies on the weekends are noisy since it seems to be mostly black people who are being noisy. What they fail to realize is that the majority of our customers on the weekends are young black teenagers from local high schools. It only makes sense that the majority of those kicked would be proportional to our customer base. I garauntee you if we went to check out the theater upstate or in one of the other cities it would be mostly noisy white kids getting kicked out, you know why? Its because their customers are mostly white. The point is people should use some common sense instead of being so close minded and thinking that what they see is all there is to the picture. That goes for the customers and the employees!

Yet some of my co-workers have nothing nice to say about some of our customers when it comes to their race. I try to keep an open mind, and avoid associating with those who can't.

I agree with the sentiment here that the only convincingly passable makeup job is on young Rose.

As for the others, Bruno just looks like a white or Indian guy who spent too long tanning. Honestly, my first thought was of the bad sketch-comedy that used to poke fun at George Hamilton's deep tan.

And as terrible as it is, every one of the black-turned-white family (ESPECIALLY the son) look like the photos of the people covered in ash who were wandering out of the wreckage of the World Trade Centers. Just eerie and inhuman. Maybe they looked much different in person than how they were photographed by the cameras, but I had difficulty believing that ANYONE was fooled by what appeared to be a community-theatre-calibre application of pancake makeup.

[quote name='cgpwns']I'm often being accussed of being a racist at my job. Look I card everyone for R rated films, I don't take age (some people have proven to look either REALLY younger or older than their age!), sex, or color. I know this might sound racists, but it is most often a black person that gets offended and may play the race card if not the age one too when I ask to see an ID.

Also a lot of kids are noisy on the weekends and get kicked out of the theater (after getting a refund they don't deserve) and this gives my coworkers the impression that the black people that come to see movies on the weekends are noisy since it seems to be mostly black people who are being noisy. What they fail to realize is that the majority of our customers on the weekends are young black teenagers from local high schools. It only makes sense that the majority of those kicked would be proportional to our customer base. I garauntee you if we went to check out the theater upstate or in one of the other cities it would be mostly noisy white kids getting kicked out, you know why? Its because their customers are mostly white. The point is people should use some common sense instead of being so close minded and thinking that what they see is all there is to the picture. That goes for the customers and the employees!

Yet some of my co-workers have nothing nice to say about some of our customers when it comes to their race. I try to keep an open mind, and avoid associating with those who can't.[/quote]

Everyone should just listen to Chris Rock's "N-word vs. black people". It's pure genius (and hilarious) because it's true.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']All kidding aside, I'd really like Michael to just explain his transformation. Vitiligo doesn't change your nose, cheekbones, jaw, and hair.[/QUOTE]

Here's my take on Michael Jackson's apperance: He HATES his father very, very much. His dad used to wail on him and his siblings for many years. If he grew up without any of that plastic surgery and makeup, he would look a LOT like his father. So he'd do anything to make sure that as he grows up, that would not come to pass. That's why , to me, he looks like that.

[quote name='jughead']the black guy that is in white makeup kinda pissed me off. He was like "I never go golfing." Then later, while at the pro-shop he tried on some shoes and the guy working fitted them and put them on for him. He said "Never before (when black), has anyone ever fitted my shoes for me." Ok buddy, it isn't quite as cut and dry as it may seem. Just because you gotted your shoes fitted for you once while you were strangely dressed up as a white man, doesn't mean that people weren't fitting shoes because you are black. Maybe, just maybe because it was your first time in a Pro-Shop you didn't realize that it may be the store's policy for the employees to fit their customers. That is what I hate about these shows. Their are no repeated tests. It is always "Well, this time I dress as a white man and everyone loved me." Newsflash buddy, people treat white people like shit sometimes too.[/quote]

My fiance watched the operah special on this show. On Operah, the black guy said that he went back to the shop later on by himself, and didn't have the employee use the shoe horn. He came to the conclusion that it was because of the tv crew there filming.

[quote name='WittyNickname']
Maybe they looked much different in person than how they were photographed by the cameras, but I had difficulty believing that ANYONE was fooled by what appeared to be a community-theatre-calibre application of pancake makeup.[/QUOTE]

I saw a part where the two black people, dressed as white people, were in some kind of discussion group with other white people talking about stuff... the black woman didn't look AT ALL like a white person, just a very light skinned black person, and the black guy just looked like Dave Chapelle trying to be white.

[quote name='Roufuss']I saw a part where the two black people, dressed as white people, were in some kind of discussion group with other white people talking about stuff... the black woman didn't look AT ALL like a white person, just a very light skinned black person, and the black guy just looked like Dave Chapelle trying to be white.[/quote]

I think if they do this again they have to pick people who pull the look off much better. The white girl is the only one who really looks convincing.

[quote name='Graystone']QFT, I started to watch this show then I saw how fucking dumb it was. Instead of trying to do anything good to further us as a people. They play both sides of the race card and let people think what they think already. For example the black guy thinks people moves out of their way on the sidewalk cause they were black. But the white thinks they moved cause there was no room. See the shows proves nothing, it just lets people sit at home and go that dumb fucking honkey, cracker, or ninja don't know what they are talking about.[/quote]

wait wait wait... you actually spelt out ninja? Dumb mother shaq-fuer

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I think if they do this again they have to pick people who pull the look off much better. The white girl is the only one who really looks convincing.[/quote]

I dunno. I thought the black father was, at the very least, passable. His light complexion made him a bit convincing... despite the high forehead.

It's the features... the black family painted up white looks like a very light-skinned black family. The white dad has the opposite problem, while the mom is somewhat passable. I'm just not sure I would buy them as the opposite race, particularly with a camera crew following them around.

bread's done
Back