Stella cancelled by Comedy Central...

Whambamm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
Stella's fate decided

It seems that sometime within the last week, Comedy Central officially cancelled Stella. This upsets me beyond belief that shows like Stella and Arrested Development get cancelled, while crap like Mind of Mencia and Drawn Together get renewed. At least there's the DVD to look forward to.

I don't know the show was, OK - definatly not as good as the live show. I'm not surprised it got canned. Though I do wonder how the hell drawn together is still on TV - I don't think I've ever seen a show that bad...

Mencia is amazing, but Drawn Together sucks balls....but I'm usually too busy/lazy to change the channel after South Park is over so I still watch it :lol:

South Park and The Daily Show are the only shows I regularly watch with enjoyment. I avoid Mencia and Drawn Together like the plague, and the Showbiz Show is cringe-worthy (i remember lots of awkward pauses and screw ups).

Insomniac was fun to watch, as was that other cartoon show they had with Slash in it. Can't say I like Stella much though...

Great show. It was bold enough to use reverse-comedy... but I see that Comedy Central, as usual, wasn't bold enough to hold on to it, as they cancel their creative shows and keep the ones that are cookie cutter / easy-accessible horseshit.

Not surprised, whats funny is I was going through the the "Series to record" on my DVR and I cancelled Stella today (along with reno 911). I cancelled it because I remember hearing comedy central was not sure if they want to keep it or not.

So what others do you think will get cancelled? I say Show biz show with David spade will get cancelled mid-season. Carlos might run for another full season before getting canned. Reno 911 just sucks, I loved that show and the last 2 season were disappointing.

Reno 911 has sucked since it came out. Period.
Mind of Mencia I have seen probably only two funny sketches and that is all. The show tries to hard to be the next Chapelle Show/imitates it and, it just plain sucks.
Stell I liked it. It was quirky and fun to watch.
Show Biz Show Well let's just say i don't care about celebrities before and I don't care now. Show sucks get cancelled.
Drawn Together Way to up and down of a show and most of the time it sucks.
South Park Well between this and Colbert Report, there is nothing better on CC

I really liked Reno 911 at first, but I agree that the past two seasons have let me down. I really don't see the appeal of Mencia, and I am shocked that the Showbiz Show was renewed... I like David Spade, but he really can't host a show for shit.

Too Late with Adam Corolla went from bad to worse when he lost his live audience, and Weekend at the DL was something I watched once and never again. Chapelle, South Park, John Stewart and Colbert are really the only things that keep me drawn to CC.

Sometimes I leave that channel on during the day when I'm at home, and if I see that movie Scorched one more time I might go insane.

[quote name='Diiz']I really liked Reno 911 at first, but I agree that the past two seasons have let me down. I really don't see the appeal of Mencia, and I am shocked that the Showbiz Show was renewed... I like David Spade, but he really can't host a show for shit.

Too Late with Adam Corolla went from bad to worse when he lost his live audience, and Weekend at the DL was something I watched once and never again. Chapelle, South Park, John Stewart and Colbert are really the only things that keep me drawn to CC.

Sometimes I leave that channel on during the day when I'm at home, and if I see that movie Scorched one more time I might go insane.[/QUOTE]

I had forgotten about Too Late with Adam Corolla. Thanks for reminding. What a piece of horse shit that show is/was. I swear, Adam Corolla must suck every execs penis in hollywood by now for his shows to get on the air. He is absolutely dreadful as well on radio. the only reason The man show succeeded back in the day was Jimmie Kimmel (who has also dropped down.)

[quote name='Fire']I had forgotten about Too Late with Adam Corolla. Thanks for reminding. What a piece of horse shit that show is/was. I swear, Adam Corolla must suck every execs penis in hollywood by now for his shows to get on the air. He is absolutely dreadful as well on radio. the only reason The man show succeeded back in the day was Jimmie Kimmel (who has also dropped down.)[/QUOTE]

The Adam Carolla Project was comedy gold, though. Mostly cause of the band of morons who followed him. I'd love to see another season of that.

Good. I just hope they killed everyone involved. If those assholes were allowed to escape they might put forth more monsterously unfunny shows together in the future. That must not be allowed to happen.

[quote name='Brak']Great show. It was bold enough to use reverse-comedy... but I see that Comedy Central, as usual, wasn't bold enough to hold on to it, as they cancel their creative shows and keep the ones that are cookie cutter / easy-accessible horseshit.[/QUOTE]

Ya, what the hell is with them only keeping shows that the most people will watch? Jesus, you'd think they're just in it to make money. :roll:

And really guys, Stella sucked, hardcore.

[quote name='Fire']Reno 911 has sucked since it came out. Period.
Mind of Mencia I have seen probably only two funny sketches and that is all. The show tries to hard to be the next Chapelle Show/imitates it and, it just plain sucks.
Stell I liked it. It was quirky and fun to watch.
Show Biz Show Well let's just say i don't care about celebrities before and I don't care now. Show sucks get cancelled.
Drawn Together Way to up and down of a show and most of the time it sucks.
South Park Well between this and Colbert Report, there is nothing better on CC[/quote]

Absolutely true though i can stomach Drawn Together.

[quote name='Fire']I had forgotten about Too Late with Adam Corolla. Thanks for reminding. What a piece of horse shit that show is/was. I swear, Adam Corolla must suck every execs penis in hollywood by now for his shows to get on the air. He is absolutely dreadful as well on radio. the only reason The man show succeeded back in the day was Jimmie Kimmel (who has also dropped down.)[/quote]

And again true for me as well.

Boo to that, I really liked that show, the 1st episode wasnt great but by the end of the season it really found some rythym. I know one of the female neighbors from upstairs, she warned me of this about 4 months ago, I guess she was right

bread's done
Back