Bay Area Phoenix Wright Spotting

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Redeema

Redeema

Refuses to pay full price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2006 - 08:44 PM

So, since it's been so hard to find I was hoping that the good community here would be kind enough to post what city and what store you see it in and maybe if possible how many copies you saw left. I've been putting off ordering it online because I figured I could save myself a couple bucks by finding it a store, now I'm not so sure, but I also figured they might be making their way into stores later because they'd have to hit distribution centers before they can get to stores. Anyway, help out if you can.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
City:
Store Name:
Copies left:

Thanks!

Now playing: Gears of War: Judgment, Fire Emblem

rifsbannerslim.jpg

#2 magictoilet

magictoilet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2006 - 08:47 PM

I did not see any but I was wondering what city you were in. I currently live in Cupertino, its like 10 minutes away from San Jose.
Posted Image

#3 Redeema

Redeema

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2006 - 08:54 PM

Well, right now I don't live in the Bay Area, but since I work here in Palo Alto I do most of my shopping here after work. I live in the Central Valley and make the two hour drive, one way, 4 days a week, so if there's any stores on my trip home that have it I'll definitely make the stop.

rifsbannerslim.jpg

#4 chosen1s

chosen1s

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2006 - 09:29 PM

I don't know anything other than what I've seen on Ebay, but I am betting that one of two things have happened recently:

1) Phoenix Wright got a reprint
2) Phoenix Wright has been released in the UK, and Ebay is now flooded.

I base this theory on the fact that the Ebay price seems to have dipped below $30, even for "sealed" copies of the game. And a high number of the games seem to be from the UK...
Fear breeds Hesitation;
Hesitation will make your worst fears come true.

#5 Redeema

Redeema

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2006 - 09:30 PM

No, Capcom has either re-released the game or released the surplus they were holding on to, in the "Deals" section there's a thread regarding this, I just wanted to save myself the shipping charges like a true Cheapass.

rifsbannerslim.jpg

#6 Steggy

Steggy

Shhhhhhhhh

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2006 - 10:22 PM

heres my copy http://cgi.ebay.com/...RK:MESE:IT&rd=1

will probly end cheap... also its brand new... i only opened it and played for 10 mins.

#7 pscloud

pscloud

I'm just sayin'...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2006 - 06:14 PM

Last Wednesday I saw about 8-10 copies at the Sunnyvale, CA Fry's.

#8 Redeema

Redeema

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2006 - 08:01 PM

Oh dam, I wish I had known last night I would have dropped in, thanks for the info though. I'll see if I can't check one of the others.

rifsbannerslim.jpg

#9 kristianator

kristianator

Intercontinental Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2006 - 06:03 AM

doesn't apply if you or any family member/friend of yours isn't in the military but.. i see phoenix wright's all the time at the BX in travis air force base in fairfield.
go home and be a family man.

#10 Rusty Ghia

Rusty Ghia

Posted 21 March 2006 - 12:34 AM

Brentwood Game Exchange had a copy or two. They also had Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow and that doctor game, the name of which I can't remember.
"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Bixby Snyder

#11 judyjudyjudy

judyjudyjudy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:52 AM

Last Wednesday I saw about 8-10 copies at the Sunnyvale, CA Fry's.

Drat, I wish I had known earlier. There weren't anymore when I was there tonight. The computer didn't show any in stock at other nearby stores either :(
My games, DVDs, and feedback.

#12 pscloud

pscloud

I'm just sayin'...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:10 PM

Actually, I was JUST at the Fry's San Jose store on Brokaw...I saw ONE copy there (but potentially more...didn't look too hard). I was just there to see if they have either Metroid or Tetris (they didn't yet).

#13 vietgurl

vietgurl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2006 - 01:43 AM

Sorry about reviving an older thread but has anyone seen any copies of Phoenix Wright around here lately?
Posted Image

#14 WolfPac_Ite

WolfPac_Ite

Posted 15 April 2006 - 01:54 AM

It did get a reprint.

There's calendars and DVD's and photo books and camera games of cute Japanese girls with large round breasts to be had and you want some Naruto game?!

Get some easy cash - Click Here!

#15 Redeema

Redeema

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2006 - 11:09 PM

I still haven't found a copy either, so much for a reprint. Four places online got copies and they've barely been seen in stores. I ordered from FYE when they were in stock and I still haven't been sent my copy, since they're telling me they no longer have them in stock.

rifsbannerslim.jpg

#16 Redeema

Redeema

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2006 - 01:28 AM

Just thought I'd bring this up again since it's gotten another print run. Anyone seen it lately? I'm hoping Fry's has a copy, since it's the only B&M store that seems to.

rifsbannerslim.jpg