Need some help with Groomsmen's gifts

munch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
138 (100%)
So, I'm getting married on May 13th. I've procrastinated a lot and need to get some groomsmen's gifts. You guys have any ideas. I don't really want to the traditional engraved flasks and shit like that. I would like something that is unique but tasteful. No videogame stuff. I'm looking to spend about $30-$40 each. I thought about getting them all unique gifts, but that would be kind of a pain, too.

Anyone recently get married? What did you give your Groomsmen? Just trying to get some ideas for myself.

I bought them fancy wallets , trifolds .
It's nice to get a wallet as a gift because it sucks to have to spend your own money on one .

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']how about watches?

silver casio with a black face:
http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?page=proframe&prod_id=1180505&siteID=.7WaaTN6umc-Ynnn8Ba1LiB8C3_D155LLQ

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/messageview.php?catid=18&threadid=592402&highlight_key=y&keyword1=overstock

they all fall within your price range too :)

Edit: oh yea, i forgot to mention to use coupon codes if you're gonna order anything from overstock :) x 2[/QUOTE]

That's pretty cool. I really wish pocket watches were part of that sale. A lot of them are out of stock. I'm going to go through them all later, though. Thanks!

Anyone else have ideas?

[quote name='Mike23']What about cufflinks?[/QUOTE]

I've thought about that, and I think it's really cool, but some of the people in my party won't really use them. That's really the rub; I would like to get them all one uniform gift, but it'll be really hard. That's why i'm coming to you guys for ideas!:D But I do like cufflinks.

I gave monogrammed Swiss Army knives as the gift for the guys in my wedding. Other gifts I've received/seen include:

Bag from LL Bean
Flasks
Money clips
Leather valet trays
Golf club/equipment (putter/shoe bag/club markers)
Poker chip set
Leather portfolio
Garment bag

Most of that stuff can be monogrammed so it's more personal. Good luck, it wasn't an easy decision for me either.

First off, congratulations.

Second, why not one of those visa or american express giftcards? Just put $30 on it, they can use it whereever they want.

[quote name='zionoverfire']bride's maids duh.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: I would normally say hell yes, but most of our parties are related one way or the other. But hey, we are in Alabama! Stranger shit has happened. Keep the ideas coming!

Anyways, congrats and I think your best options we planned in the first 10 posts. Just get something everyone needs, but everyone hates buying. And make it a cheap enough item you can buy nice versions of, instead of stuff that obviously cheap as hell.

Wallets are always a good bet. For $30 a peice, you could ebay some Bosco or Tumi and get some really nice ones. Shop around, and go for $60 - $70 dollar wallets for $30.

I got all my groomsmen those silver plated BEER KOOZIES that are engraved. I actually engraved nicknames on them to make them personal/funny.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Fleshlight.[/QUOTE]
:rofl: Thanks to your thread, munch, we have discovered the greatest gift for groomsmen. I will have to remember this when next May rolls around.

Congrats on getting married. Here's what I did and to this day people still tell me it was the best groomsmen gift ever. Buy them all tickets to a sporting event or concert (and yourself too). Saturday night events work best. If there are groups of people that make up your groomsmen (like 3 of your friends and her 2 brothers or something) then buy different sets to different things (but always buy an extra ticket for yourself so you can go with them - that's the whole point!).

I got my best friends tickets to see the Knicks at MSG (back in 1999 when they were actually good) which were not easy to come by. I gifted the tickets in a picture frame to each of them and when we went to the game a few months after my wedding we had someone take a picture of us all for the frame. As you get older it becomes tougher and tougher to coordinate something with all of your friends at once and I think they liked it so much because it gave us an excuse to all get together, go out and have a few beers (without the women, of course :D).

I really don't think you can go wrong - it's unique and after all of your friends start getting married you are going to end up with multiple engraved flasks... do something different. Plus, a ticket is around $40-$50 which is right near your price range and the memories of the night out are worth way more.

[quote name='javeryh']Congrats on getting married. Here's what I did and to this day people still tell me it was the best groomsmen gift ever. Buy them all tickets to a sporting event or concert (and yourself too). Saturday night events work best. If there are groups of people that make up your groomsmen (like 3 of your friends and her 2 brothers or something) then buy different sets to different things (but always buy an extra ticket for yourself so you can go with them - that's the whole point!).

I got my best friends tickets to see the Knicks at MSG (back in 1999 when they were actually good) which were not easy to come by. I gifted the tickets in a picture frame to each of them and when we went to the game a few months after my wedding we had someone take a picture of us all for the frame. As you get older it becomes tougher and tougher to coordinate something with all of your friends at once and I think they liked it so much because it gave us an excuse to all get together, go out and have a few beers (without the women, of course :D).

I really don't think you can go wrong - it's unique and after all of your friends start getting married you are going to end up with multiple engraved flasks... do something different. Plus, a ticket is around $40-$50 which is right near your price range and the memories of the night out are worth way more.[/QUOTE]

I would love to do something like that, but we all live in so many different places that it would be hard to do. One lives in Nashville, the other Savannah, another Baton Rouge, one in Auburn, another in the middle of BFE Alabama, and then me in Starkville, MS. I could try and do something like that with Braves' game tickets. That intrigues me. I'm going to see what I can do!

that was a great idea javeryh. Sorry to thread hijack, but I am getting married on the 14th of may, and as I sat down I was thinking what the hell am I going to do. Keep the good idea's coming.

Congrats munch.

[quote name='ryanbph']that was a great idea javeryh. So to thread hijack, but I am getting married on the 14th of may, and as I sat down I was thinking what the hell am I going to do. Keep the good idea's coming.

Congrats munch.[/QUOTE]

you too man. Where are you going on your honeymoon?

Try to get something that reflects their personality, and not just the same gift for everyone. Think about things that the guys like to do: golf, bowling, video games, etc. iTunes gift cards may be cool, too.

If all else fails, monogrammed money clips are nice. Or go the gift card route (Best Buy, Am Ex), then they can pick out something cool for themselves.

I found some funny t-shirts for a couple of my groomsmen, and some cool pilsner glasses with cloth napkins from Lillian Vernon.

Here are the glasses, but I guess they don't come with the napkins (they had the card suits on them, hearts, spades, clubs and diamonds).

http://www.lillianvernon.com/catalog/product_display.jsp?searchParam=LV&pdId=7377&addOn=684&sid=eas

Well I'm getting married a week after you on 5.20 and I have 4 groomsmen, since our wedding is going to be on the beach, Everyone in the wedding is going to be wearing Island/Beach clothes,, basically nice Hawaiian shirts and really cool full length Island pants.. I am killing 2 birds with 1 stone by buying my groomsmans Shirts and pants, the shirts run $35 each and the pants are $60 each for a total of $95, and then they can just keep the clothes as thier gifts...

[quote name='munch']you too man. Where are you going on your honeymoon?[/quote]

after the wedding we are going to the grand bahama's sandels resort for 5days. I wanted to go to hawaii, but IMO the best time to go there is in febuary, as the whales are jumping right off the coastline of the hotels. So we are going to go to Maui for a week and a half next febuary. 2nd honeymoon/business trip. :lol: Yes, it is tough to go to hawaii for business:lol:

Where you going munch?

Congrats battleroyal.

[quote name='ryanbph']after the wedding we are going to the grand bahama's sandels resort for 5days. I wanted to go to hawaii, but IMO the best time to go there is in febuary, as the whales are jumping right off the coastline of the hotels. So we are going to go to Maui for a week and a half next febuary. 2nd honeymoon/business trip. :lol: Yes, it is tough to go to hawaii for business:lol:

Where you going munch?

Congrats battleroyal.[/QUOTE]

San Francisco and Napa Valley. We really wanted to go to Europe, but there's no way two graduate students could afford that. We're playing it simple for now. We hope to go to Europe in the next few years, though.

[quote name='munch']San Francisco and Napa Valley. We really wanted to go to Europe, but there's no way two graduate students could afford that. We're playing it simple for now. We hope to go to Europe in the next few years, though.[/quote]

San Fran is awesome. Be sure to check out China Town, Little Italy, The Rock and Lombard St. Oh, don't forget Fisherman's Wharf. Go in the morning before it gets too busy. Go see the sea lions at the pier, too. Bring your walking shoes, because your feet and legs will be mega-sore from all the hills! Check out the Ghirardelli chocolate factory, too!

I just got married last year and I went to "Things Remembered",(every mall seems to have one), and got silver flasks for everyone except for the one guy who didnt drink alcohol I got him a silver swiss army knife instead.

I got my guys engraved pocket watches and some nice cuff links (but it was a very formal wedding, so the pieces helped for that). Also got my best man a nice humidor loaded with our favorite cigars.

Just get the hooker bill at the batchlor party. Its a little more expensive, but everyones happy all the same. Just dont kill the asian one by accident.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Just get the hooker bill at the batchlor party. Its a little more expensive, but everyones happy all the same. Just dont kill the asian one by accident.[/QUOTE]

Huzzah!

bread's done
Back