Preorder bonuses: Atelier Iris 2 & Steambot Chronicles

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Starky27

Starky27

RPG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2006 - 04:41 PM

This should probably just be a standing updated thread since so many games seem to be offering preorder bonuses now, but...

Atelier Iris 2 (4/25) - Soundtrack (not online or instore yet)
nisamerica.com/news/20060323.html

Steambot Chronicles (5/23) - Harmonica Keychain (offered at Gamestop.com only so far)
http://www.bonusstage.com/art3456.html

#2 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2006 - 05:49 PM

DO NOT PREORDER THESE FROM GAMESTOP.COM IF YOU EVER WANT TO SEE THEM.

Just a little warning to everyone.

I called my lady friend last night and said my buddy had to beat off on my chest, she is kinda pissed at me, but it was the best idea I had all night, and I stand by it.

Posted Image

#3 WarlordFDC

WarlordFDC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2006 - 05:54 PM

DO NOT PREORDER THESE FROM GAMESTOP.COM IF YOU EVER WANT TO SEE THEM.

Just a little warning to everyone.

Ya I never got my pre-order bonus for Shadow Hearts 3. :cry:

They offered a free shipping code to make up for it and they have not sent me that either.

#4 BigHow

BigHow

Too cool to kill...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2006 - 05:58 PM

Hmmmm, yet another Gamestop preorder bonus. As much as I'd like that harmonica, no thanks. Once bitten, twice shy.
We'll Fix It In Post - Your daily dose of pop culture writing. New podcasts on Fridays!

tradelist -- auctions -- collection -- gaminglagoon

Posted Image Posted Image

#5 Starky27

Starky27

RPG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2006 - 06:03 PM

Not to be a killjoy, but can we keep this thread for comments about the preorder bonuses themselves and any news on new preorders. The bonuses should be available through the usual suspects (GameStop, EB, GameCrazy), I just put where I've seen the bonuses advertised or available currently. I know there's a lot of recent hate about Gamestop.com overselling a limited product, but there's already a thread in Deal Discussions about it, I wanted this to be more of a check your retailer of choice for this bonus type thread...

#6 DomLando

DomLando

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2006 - 06:26 PM

That would be great to have a thread with where you can find certain pre order bonuses.

#7 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2006 - 06:32 PM

Not to be a killjoy, but can we keep this thread for comments about the preorder bonuses themselves and any news on new preorders. The bonuses should be available through the usual suspects (GameStop, EB, GameCrazy), I just put where I've seen the bonuses advertised or available currently. I know there's a lot of recent hate about Gamestop.com overselling a limited product, but there's already a thread in Deal Discussions about it, I wanted this to be more of a check your retailer of choice for this bonus type thread...

I agree with you about keeping the thread from turning into a bitchfest...that being said it would be irresponsible for any of us to post a deal, and not mention the hazzards involved in dealing with pre-orders and a particular site.

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

Grammar: The difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.

#8 NotMSRP

NotMSRP

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2006 - 07:15 PM

What was the preorder bonus for Shadow Hearts 3?

#9 doraemonkerpal

doraemonkerpal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2006 - 07:21 PM

the mini harmonica = 8-)

Well, to be honest, it's hard for people to be outraged about something once they know the facts. And it takes more effort to dig up facts than be outraged. ;)

Posted Image "Meatloaf, smeatloaf, double-beatloaf. I hate meatloaf."
:whee: http://www.mixmakers.net/forums/

#10 Spoon_si

Spoon_si

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2006 - 07:35 PM

I been screwed twice by gamestop on preorder bonus (Shadow Hearts 3 & Suikoden V)... stay far far away.. best bet is just go to B&M...
Trade List: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=213284
Updated: 02-03-09

Posted Image

#11 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2006 - 07:46 PM

What was the preorder bonus for Shadow Hearts 3?

Buy SH3 and get a free Shadow Hearts: Covenant

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

#12 Puffa469

Puffa469

is too Pro Shops

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2006 - 08:16 PM

I cant frikkin wait for Bumpy Trot/Steambot Chronicles. I'll preorder from a gamestop B&M and pick up my harmonica right then and there!

Originally Posted by wubb Posted Image
Puffa is pretty much always dead on.

#13 maxgle

maxgle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2006 - 08:24 PM

No offense, but Steambot Chronicles looks just an okay game, probably better off wait til it's price drop.

Thanks OP for the post by the way ;-)

#14 wannabepunktony

wannabepunktony

And I'm Ghost Like Swayze

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2006 - 09:37 PM

Buy SH3 and get a free Shadow Hearts: Covenant

It was buy SH3 get SH1, not SH2.

And I got both my SH3 bonus and my Suikoden V bonus and my MGS 3 bonus, the only one I had to call about was the SH3 one. It is just a low number of vocal people who got screwed or did a lot of people lose out on pre-order bonuses the past couple weeks?

#15 hohez

hohez

Rarely Posting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2006 - 09:43 PM

it seems everyone was initially screwed with SH3, but a timely call or email seemed to get the bonus for most people, myself included.

regardless it was my second order ever from gamestop, and it was my second problem so I won't be ordering from them again.

On the flip side, Preordering from NIS is very safe. With makai kingdom not only did i get my bonus, but they used the wrong shipping, and to apologize, sent me a free soundtrack without me asking. thats the kind of above and beyond service I likes.

#16 pikachu_pika

pikachu_pika

Posted 24 March 2006 - 09:48 PM

And I got both my SH3 bonus and my Suikoden V bonus and my MGS 3 bonus, the only one I had to call about was the SH3 one. It is just a low number of vocal people who got screwed or did a lot of people lose out on pre-order bonuses the past couple weeks?

My guess? Based on the complaints on here and gamefaqs (I barely look anymore). I say that the majority of preorders of SH3 for SH1 got the shaft and we had to call/email about the issue.
The only reason I've been vocal about that bonus because gamestop.com tried to make it a non-issue ("while supplies last" BS) and throw up a POS coupon (which many have reported still haven't gotten).
I eventually got my SH1 bonus, but it took way too much effort and frustration for something that was supposed to be together with the SH3 order.

If you really want your bonus items, pre-order in store until the .com gets their act together.

I'm not touching gamestop.com unless there's a really good reason.

#17 danny-o

danny-o

Mayor of NASTYVILLE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2006 - 09:50 PM

That steamboat game looks like a first gen dreamcast game

#18 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2006 - 09:51 PM

Thats right...Covenant was the 2nd one, wasn't it?...my bad.:oops:

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

#19 new1

new1

TroubleMaker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2006 - 09:52 PM

shoot I missed out on the first atelier iris soundtrack.... I will have to be sure and get this one...

#20 3QGojo

3QGojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2006 - 10:14 PM

I have a Steamboat Chronicles demo I got from ordering from Atlus, I'll let you know how the demo is...

#21 danhoo

danhoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2006 - 10:19 PM

Note regarding the Steambot Chronicles bonus -- you can also get this for free via www.luv2game.com's fanbuilding website with enough points.

#22 Stingslider83

Stingslider83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2006 - 06:28 AM

Ya I never got my pre-order bonus for Shadow Hearts 3. :cry:

They offered a free shipping code to make up for it and they have not sent me that either.

Really? I got mine. Though it did not come the first time I call gamestop and they just send me a replacement. I must be one of the lucky ones.

#23 ndrake

ndrake

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2006 - 01:10 PM

Thanks OP!

<shameless plug>

I run a blog about pre-order deals. Check it out at http://www.slimeslurp.net/wp/. If you'd like to contribute, that'd be great!

</shameless plug>

#24 argyle

argyle

Posted 25 March 2006 - 01:42 PM

Atlus also announced that you can get the demo to Steambot Chronicles by preordering Metal Saga. Or it's also supposed to be in the June OPM disk if you're not interested in MS.

Steambot looks like a lot of fun personally - a very unique looking game. And as always, it IS an Atlus title, so if you're going to wait for a price drop you're taking a gamble on getting it at all.
Posted Image