Preorder bonuses: Atelier Iris 2 & Steambot Chronicles

[quote name='Roufuss']DO NOT PREORDER THESE FROM GAMESTOP.COM IF YOU EVER WANT TO SEE THEM.

Just a little warning to everyone.[/quote]

Ya I never got my pre-order bonus for Shadow Hearts 3. :cry:

They offered a free shipping code to make up for it and they have not sent me that either.

Hmmmm, yet another Gamestop preorder bonus. As much as I'd like that harmonica, no thanks. Once bitten, twice shy.

Not to be a killjoy, but can we keep this thread for comments about the preorder bonuses themselves and any news on new preorders. The bonuses should be available through the usual suspects (GameStop, EB, GameCrazy), I just put where I've seen the bonuses advertised or available currently. I know there's a lot of recent hate about Gamestop.com overselling a limited product, but there's already a thread in Deal Discussions about it, I wanted this to be more of a check your retailer of choice for this bonus type thread...

[quote name='Starky27']Not to be a killjoy, but can we keep this thread for comments about the preorder bonuses themselves and any news on new preorders. The bonuses should be available through the usual suspects (GameStop, EB, GameCrazy), I just put where I've seen the bonuses advertised or available currently. I know there's a lot of recent hate about Gamestop.com overselling a limited product, but there's already a thread in Deal Discussions about it, I wanted this to be more of a check your retailer of choice for this bonus type thread...[/quote]

I agree with you about keeping the thread from turning into a bitchfest...that being said it would be irresponsible for any of us to post a deal, and not mention the hazzards involved in dealing with pre-orders and a particular site.

I been screwed twice by gamestop on preorder bonus (Shadow Hearts 3 & Suikoden V)... stay far far away.. best bet is just go to B&M...

[quote name='NotMSRP']What was the preorder bonus for Shadow Hearts 3?[/quote]

Buy SH3 and get a free Shadow Hearts: Covenant

I cant frikkin wait for Bumpy Trot/Steambot Chronicles. I'll preorder from a gamestop B&M and pick up my harmonica right then and there!

No offense, but Steambot Chronicles looks just an okay game, probably better off wait til it's price drop.

Thanks OP for the post by the way ;-)

[quote name='Number83']Buy SH3 and get a free Shadow Hearts: Covenant[/QUOTE]

It was buy SH3 get SH1, not SH2.

And I got both my SH3 bonus and my Suikoden V bonus and my MGS 3 bonus, the only one I had to call about was the SH3 one. It is just a low number of vocal people who got screwed or did a lot of people lose out on pre-order bonuses the past couple weeks?

it seems everyone was initially screwed with SH3, but a timely call or email seemed to get the bonus for most people, myself included.

regardless it was my second order ever from gamestop, and it was my second problem so I won't be ordering from them again.

On the flip side, Preordering from NIS is very safe. With makai kingdom not only did i get my bonus, but they used the wrong shipping, and to apologize, sent me a free soundtrack without me asking. thats the kind of above and beyond service I likes.

[quote name='wannabepunktony']It was buy SH3 get SH1, not SH2.

And I got both my SH3 bonus and my Suikoden V bonus and my MGS 3 bonus, the only one I had to call about was the SH3 one. It is just a low number of vocal people who got screwed or did a lot of people lose out on pre-order bonuses the past couple weeks?[/QUOTE]

My guess? Based on the complaints on here and gamefaqs (I barely look anymore). I say that the majority of preorders of SH3 for SH1 got the shaft and we had to call/email about the issue.
The only reason I've been vocal about that bonus because gamestop.com tried to make it a non-issue ("while supplies last" BS) and throw up a POS coupon (which many have reported still haven't gotten).
I eventually got my SH1 bonus, but it took way too much effort and frustration for something that was supposed to be together with the SH3 order.

If you really want your bonus items, pre-order in store until the .com gets their act together.

I'm not touching gamestop.com unless there's a really good reason.

[quote name='wannabepunktony']It was buy SH3 get SH1, not SH2.

And I got both my SH3 bonus and my Suikoden V bonus and my MGS 3 bonus, the only one I had to call about was the SH3 one. It is just a low number of vocal people who got screwed or did a lot of people lose out on pre-order bonuses the past couple weeks?[/quote]

Thats right...Covenant was the 2nd one, wasn't it?...my bad.:oops:

Note regarding the Steambot Chronicles bonus -- you can also get this for free via www.luv2game.com's fanbuilding website with enough points.

[quote name='WarlordFDC']Ya I never got my pre-order bonus for Shadow Hearts 3. :cry:

They offered a free shipping code to make up for it and they have not sent me that either.[/QUOTE]

Really? I got mine. Though it did not come the first time I call gamestop and they just send me a replacement. I must be one of the lucky ones.

Atlus also announced that you can get the demo to Steambot Chronicles by preordering Metal Saga. Or it's also supposed to be in the June OPM disk if you're not interested in MS.

Steambot looks like a lot of fun personally - a very unique looking game. And as always, it IS an Atlus title, so if you're going to wait for a price drop you're taking a gamble on getting it at all.

bread's done
Back