Quick Report- Emeryville, CA Compusa

Xevious

CAGiversary!
Here is a quick report for you local folks. I went into the Emeryville Compusa and I noticed a cart with discounted games. All the games on the cart with listed at 50% off but a lot of them did not have prices showing. Some of the games I noticed was FIFA street, Xbox Robotech, various old sports games. Most of the stuff was pretty crappy.

One interesting note is that I saw a copy of Xbox Darkwatch in the case for $49.99. I asked one of the floor guys to check the price and it was ringing up $20. So I suspect that a lot of games there have the wrong price.

My experience is that the best time to go there is on days when there is hardly anyone there (like a Tuesday night for example). If you go on a Saturday afternoon, it will be hard to get anyone to help you (let alone be nice enough to run a price check for you).

Anyways, I hope more people with chime in with their reports.....

I hit up the San Jose store on Blossom Hill and didn't find much beyond the mandatory sports stuff. They had most of the Splinter Cell games for about $10 (both PS2 and XB) but nothing rare or ultra desirable. I was hoping for Fire Emblem or any of the other good GC games. Most of their stuff was tagged, but they might have been a little old. They were also still in the case. I may go back in a week or so to see if they've dropped by chance.

I hate that store, always a pain to check a price. Back in the day, they could rarely even find the games in their back room.

Well I went to the emeryville store yesterday and picked up:

Darkwatch 9.99
demon Stone 9.99
Area 51 9.99
the suffering 9.99

All of these were checks from the locked glass case. And you are right I took 15 min to find somebody!!

[quote name='odysseymedia']Well I went to the emeryville store yesterday and picked up:

Darkwatch 9.99
demon Stone 9.99
Area 51 9.99
the suffering 9.99

All of these were checks from the locked glass case. And you are right I took 15 min to find somebody!![/quote]

Are those PS2 and/or Xbox?

I got KOTOR II and Champions: Return to Arms earlier this week. They have a big rack of games near the cases. KOTOR was 12.49 and Champions was 7.49, I believe.

[quote name='Xevious']Are those PS2 and/or Xbox?[/QUOTE]

All of these games are ps2. There are a couple of area 51's and demon stones for ps2 that are left.

bread's done
Back