Quick Report- Emeryville, CA Compusa

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2006 - 06:11 PM

Here is a quick report for you local folks. I went into the Emeryville Compusa and I noticed a cart with discounted games. All the games on the cart with listed at 50% off but a lot of them did not have prices showing. Some of the games I noticed was FIFA street, Xbox Robotech, various old sports games. Most of the stuff was pretty crappy.

One interesting note is that I saw a copy of Xbox Darkwatch in the case for $49.99. I asked one of the floor guys to check the price and it was ringing up $20. So I suspect that a lot of games there have the wrong price.

My experience is that the best time to go there is on days when there is hardly anyone there (like a Tuesday night for example). If you go on a Saturday afternoon, it will be hard to get anyone to help you (let alone be nice enough to run a price check for you).

Anyways, I hope more people with chime in with their reports.....

Damn you xevious...

Damn you Xevious... damn you to hell.....

Damn you Xevious be quiet.

So you know EBM? Damn you Xevious...

#2 Redeema

Redeema

Refuses to pay full price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2006 - 07:49 PM

I hit up the San Jose store on Blossom Hill and didn't find much beyond the mandatory sports stuff. They had most of the Splinter Cell games for about $10 (both PS2 and XB) but nothing rare or ultra desirable. I was hoping for Fire Emblem or any of the other good GC games. Most of their stuff was tagged, but they might have been a little old. They were also still in the case. I may go back in a week or so to see if they've dropped by chance.

Now playing: Gears of War: Judgment, Fire Emblem

rifsbannerslim.jpg

#3 Freshwillis

Freshwillis

Elitist Bastard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2006 - 11:45 PM

I hate that store, always a pain to check a price. Back in the day, they could rarely even find the games in their back room.

#4 odysseymedia

odysseymedia

Posted 11 April 2006 - 06:27 PM

Well I went to the emeryville store yesterday and picked up:

Darkwatch 9.99
demon Stone 9.99
Area 51 9.99
the suffering 9.99

All of these were checks from the locked glass case. And you are right I took 15 min to find somebody!!

#5 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2006 - 09:12 PM

Well I went to the emeryville store yesterday and picked up:

Darkwatch 9.99
demon Stone 9.99
Area 51 9.99
the suffering 9.99

All of these were checks from the locked glass case. And you are right I took 15 min to find somebody!!

Are those PS2 and/or Xbox?

Damn you xevious...

Damn you Xevious... damn you to hell.....

Damn you Xevious be quiet.

So you know EBM? Damn you Xevious...

#6 Freshwillis

Freshwillis

Elitist Bastard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2006 - 09:20 PM

I got KOTOR II and Champions: Return to Arms earlier this week. They have a big rack of games near the cases. KOTOR was 12.49 and Champions was 7.49, I believe.

#7 odysseymedia

odysseymedia

Posted 11 April 2006 - 10:43 PM

Are those PS2 and/or Xbox?

All of these games are ps2. There are a couple of area 51's and demon stones for ps2 that are left.