For those of you with Xbox 360s, UFC Undisputed 3 just dropped to $39.54

http://www.amazon.co...30128872&sr=8-1

Posted Image

#5312 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:44 AM

Saw that on Amazon, won't be but two more months before you can find it for 20 bucks haha.

On an MMA related note, Marquardt/Woodley will be a great fight. Great test for Woodley, and an interesting first fight for Marquardt at welterweight.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#5313 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:45 AM

Also, here are some predictions for the UFC card if you care to read them.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#5314 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:55 PM

Interesting picks, Krakrabbit and Zewone. I locked a few dogs. Should be interesting to see what occurs. :)

Weigh-In notes:

- Yoshihiro Akiyama looks great at 170; weighing in at 169.

- Mark Hunt is 7-7 going into his fight with Cheick Kongo. There are some dudes with mediocre records in the UFC, like Jason Young, Steve Cantwell, and Alex Caceres. But, if Hunt loses, he'll be the—only—fighter in the UFC with a losing record.

- Quinton Jackson weighed-in at 211. Six pounds overweight. Rampage says an injury is the reason for missing weight. This is the first time the former UFC Light Heavyweight champion has missed weight in his career.

#5315 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:14 PM

Got my picks in on Sherdog. Not sure about them though. I'm thinking I'd like to switch em up and take Palaszewski and Boetsch for upsets but the travel / jet lag issue has me a bit worried. If this was in the US I'd definitely take them. Also, after Rampage's weigh in, I'm strongly considering switching my pick for him to Bader.

Posted Image

#5316 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

I will be so happy if Benson Henderson beats Edgar tonight! Ever since I saw him first fight against Donald Cerrone at WEC 48 I've been a huge fan of his.

Rumor is that Rampage is injured and that his doctors have said that he should pull out of the fight, but that he doesn't wan't to. This maybe a reason why he missed weight yesterday, but its just a rumor so who knows. Hopefully Rampage pulls this win out!!

This card is ******** stacked and its awesome that we get 7 fights on the Main Card instead of five.

Can't wait for tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted Image

#5317 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:43 PM

Akiyama looked OK to me, better then expected considering he is cutting an extra 15 pounds then usual and isn't exactly a young buck either (mid 30s). I doubt the weight cut will help his stamina though and he could end up gassing out very badly or being even weaker then usual at 170.

I am very interested in the card though. I look forward to all the fights really, I think this could be a great card.

#5318 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:08 AM

Good point about Sexyama's age. But, take into consideration Shields' rigid diet, having less time to recover than normal, and the plane flight, and I think Shields should have had a harder time cutting weight than Akiyama. This is Akiyama's debut at 170 and he's had ample time to properly handle the cut in Japan. We'll see if his cardio is better or worse. Shields' strength advantage may be a bigger factor than I predicted. We shall see.

I locked-in:

Zhang over Tamura by UD
Mizugaki over Cariaso by UD
Fukuda over Cantwell by UD
Yamamoto over Lee by TKO
Mitsuoka over Gomi by SUB
Lauzon over Pettis by SUB
Hioki over Palaszewski by SUB
Okami over Boetsch by UD
Akiyama over Shields by SD
Kongo over Hunt by UD
Bader over Jackson by SD
Edgar over Henderson by UD

I'm still very tentative about picking Kid Yamamoto. Dude has major back problems and his body is older than his age would suggest. I'm also tentative about picking Lauzon. According to sources, he's been having neck issues—but, Pettis supposedly hurt himself by training too hard. I think Pettis could grind out Lauzon in the last two rounds. I'm always weary about picking Rampage, these days. He held his camp at his new gym with very limited staff. He left Wolfslair and didn't have a chance to put roots into a solid camp. Combine that with his recent injury and ever-lackadaisical attitude towards fighting, and I think Bader could steal a decision. I'm additionally concerned about Hioki getting lamped by Palaszewski. Two things I rarely pick to win: Judokas and Asian fighters.

UFC 144 should be stellar card.

#5319 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:32 AM

FB fight starting

Posted Image

#5320 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:36 AM

I had a gut feeling that Zhang would wilt. I'm a little pissed at myself about not going with my gut.

And Herb Dean has made some less than stellar calls, as of late.

#5321 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:41 AM

KO of the night right there already in the very first fight.

Posted Image

#5322 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:48 AM

Definitely. Bad-ass shot by Tamura.

0-1 and I've already lost the Sherdog Pick Em for this PPV. *shakes fist at the sky*

#5323 bigpimpin24

bigpimpin24

Killamanjaro!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:57 AM

Here we go!

Edited by bigpimpin24, 26 February 2012 - 03:06 AM.

Posted Image
"War? War never changes.."

#5324 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:24 AM

Wow Pettis wants that KO of the night award. I think he just killed Lauzon.

Posted Image

#5325 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:15 AM

What a comeback from Boetsch!

Posted Image

#5326 Ugamer_X

Ugamer_X

You can trust me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:15 AM

Joe Rogan is losing his shit right now.

#5327 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:23 AM

How has the Japan crowd been reacting?

#5328 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:27 AM

Awesome. They cheer for everything. They even cheer when the Japanese guys lose (other than Mizugaki but he got robbed).

Posted Image

#5329 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:50 AM

All right, we better hear Nick Diaz bitching on Twitter about the decision in the Akiyama/Shields fight. No way in HELL was that a 30-27 fight. I'm sure he won't have a problem with it since it was one of his "homies" benefitting from it though.

#5330 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:02 AM

Mark Hunt making a title run? Is such a thing even possible?

Posted Image

#5331 Ronzilla

Ronzilla

ROBOT-IN-DISGUISE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:13 AM

Bendo, please put your hair up in cornrows. It'll save you a lot of energy during the fight lol.

#5332 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:36 AM

Wow...well, I guess that shows why Edgar needs to drop to Featherweight. I'd like to see the Compustrike numbers, but my initial reaction is to agree with him. I thought Edgar outstruck him and had more takedowns, and at worst, I didn't think Henderson outperformed him enough to take the belt away. His strikes just did more damage because he's freaking huge.

I guess maybe that's the ultimate factor in "winning a fight" because without time limits, the guy getting banged up is going to be in trouble. But I was still impressed with how Edgar approached that fight, and I'm not really sure he could have done much more. He's just in there against guys who probably outweight him by 25+ pounds by the time the bell rings. I'd love to see him fight Jose Aldo though.

#5333 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:42 AM

Stats aren't everything, but early Compustrike numbers have Edgar out-landing Bendo 124 to 114. Edgar also had more takedowns with 7, while Bendo had 2. That said, Henderson looked phenomenal tonight.

And the only thing more annoying than Joe Rogan trying to retire guys is him pushing his agenda into the heads of fighters post-fight. He does that way too often. Edgar just lost. At least save that stuff for the postfight presser.

I'd like to see Edgar earn his way back to a title shot. I think Pettis still needs a good win—unless people think a win over Lauzon and a close decision to Stephens is good enough to warrant a title shot.

Really good card.

P.S. I'm glad Pick Em resets when it does its launch in March. Tough last two cards.

#5334 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:47 AM

Edgar could not have lost that fight, and I don't understand how most fight fans can be suggesting that Henderson dominated the fight and the scoring was completely accurate. Compustrike isn't a great representation of a fight, but you would have to be a fool to think Edgar was outstruck or outwrestled at any point in that fight.

If you outstrike your opponent with relative ease and land many more takedowns then your rival, how do you lose the fight?

#5335 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:54 AM

Edgar could not have lost that fight, and I don't understand how most fight fans can be suggesting that Henderson dominated the fight and the scoring was completely accurate. Compustrike isn't a great representation of a fight, but you would have to be a fool to think Edgar was outstruck or outwrestled at any point in that fight.

If you outstrike your opponent with relative ease and land many more takedowns then your rival, how do you lose the fight?

Pretty much man, he won fair and square.

edit: a rematch looks liike it will happen, knowing the ufc.

There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?

#5336 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:59 AM

I scored the fight 48-47 Edgar (R1: 10-9 Edgar, R2: 10-9 Bendo, R3: 10-9 Edgar, R4: 10-9 Bendo, R5: 10-9 Edgar). And I one-hundred percent disagree with the two judges who scored the fight 49-46 for Henderson.

Rogan announced that the UFC wants Pettis-Henderson. Definitely marketable with those two fighting for the 55 strap in the last fight in the last WEC show.

#5337 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:04 AM

Stats aren't everything, but early Compustrike numbers have Edgar out-landing Bendo 124 to 114. Edgar also had more takedowns with 7, while Bendo had 2. That said, Henderson looked phenomenal tonight.

Yeah, when Goldberg said "I think takedowns are even", I about shit myself. I really feel like this was a fight where Edgar was more effective, but it just didn't show (and honestly...getting caught with the upkick was just a mistake). He probably hates it, but when guys are willing to cut 15+ lbs to be "the bigger man", it pretty much forces you to do the same thing. Really says something for what Frankie was able to do to Penn and Maynard though.

#5338 bigpimpin24

bigpimpin24

Killamanjaro!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:51 AM

Very solid card overall. I was really impressed and surprised with a lot of the performances/outcomes tonight. I started watching the pre-lims on FX at 7 PM and the main card finished about 12:30. Almost 6 hours of fights O_O Looking forward to the 125lb tournament next week. I'm thinking Benavidez runs that division.

Posted Image
"War? War never changes.."

#5339 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:56 PM

Joe Lauzon had a good tweet last night ...

joelauzon: I'm in Japan for a few more days and was gonna look at buying a sword, but I think I'm gonna invest in a helmet instead

Posted Image

#5340 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:05 PM

Rogan announced that the UFC wants Pettis-Henderson. Definitely marketable with those two fighting for the 55 strap in the last fight in the last WEC show.

I'm not expecting another crazy triangle jump kick moment but it should be competitive. Pretty sure Edgar fights an eliminator/tune-up and gets the winner barring a loss.