MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) Thread: UFC/Strikeforce

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6316 replies to this topic

#91 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2006 - 07:34 AM

Can't believe you guys didn't mention the fucking annoucement made at this UFC EVENT! That's going to be one of the most anticipated FIGHT OF 2006!

UFC Champ vs Pride Champ. Lots of fight fans can't imagine this is going to happen!

Who is fighting who?

Spoiler

#92 Grave_Addiction

Grave_Addiction

The Sega Nerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2006 - 01:01 PM

Can't believe you guys didn't mention the fucking annoucement made at this UFC EVENT! That's going to be one of the most anticipated FIGHT OF 2006!

UFC Champ vs Pride Champ. Lots of fight fans can't imagine this is going to happen!

I feel sorry for Chuck. If he beats Babalou, he's going to get destroyed by Wanderlei. No doubt about it.

Too bad it isn't Fedor Emelianenko coming over.

That man is a monster.

First of all, there's no reason for Fedor to come to the UFC unless he actually wanted to murder all the UFC heavyweights.

The UFC heavyweight division is in a sad state of affairs right now. There's four or five guys in Pride who could easily whip Silvia's ass in seconds.

What I'd like to see is a legitimate UFC vs. Pride showdown. The Pride heavyweights would kill the UFC's, but I think the UFC middleweights would hold their own.

And about the Ken fight. He's been dealt a similar knockout by Sakuraba, and he went even more apeshit than he did after this fight. Ken was just trying to play to the audience to save some shred of dignity after being annihilated by his rival.

I just can't wait to see a Tito/Chuck rematch. I think Tito can take him now.

And also, everyone watch out for Anderson Silva. This dude is going to take the UFC by storm. I predict big things for this guy.

Follow me on Twitter @airforcewriter

Listen to The Bit Loaders Show here!

#93 Grave_Addiction

Grave_Addiction

The Sega Nerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2006 - 01:02 PM

is the ppv worth downloading?

No. This was one of the worst UFCs I've seen. Ever.

#94 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2006 - 01:23 PM

The Ortiz/Shamrock fight was a joke.

Spoiler

True. Or the fight a while back between Cabbage and Arlovski. Just because Cabbage fell down doesn't mean that the ref should stop the fight.

#95 craven_fiend

craven_fiend

It Gives You Wings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2006 - 07:48 PM

True. Or the fight a while back between Cabbage and Arlovski. Just because Cabbage fell down doesn't mean that the ref should stop the fight.

:applause:

Thank you.

I was happy that Shamrock lost, can't stand him, but he shouldn't have lost that way.

It was a shame that the best fight of the night, was the first one that left the ring all bloody and not either of the main events.
Posted Image

#96 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2006 - 07:58 PM

:clap:

Thank you.

I was happy that Shamrock lost, can't stand him, but he shouldn't have lost that way.

It was a shame that the best fight of the night, was the first one that left the ring all bloody and not either of the main events.

I was thinking of e-mailing both Zuffa and Dana White to vent my extreme displeasure about how both those fights ended. Once again, I pay good money for a PPV that leaves me unsatisfied with my purchase. I won't be paying full price for the Liddell fight...

#97 Grave_Addiction

Grave_Addiction

The Sega Nerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2006 - 01:54 AM

I was thinking of e-mailing both Zuffa and Dana White to vent my extreme displeasure about how both those fights ended. Once again, I pay good money for a PPV that leaves me unsatisfied with my purchase. I won't be paying full price for the Liddell fight...

Well, I can almost guarantee you there will be a legitimate knockout in the Liddell/Silva fight.

#98 doraemonkerpal

doraemonkerpal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2006 - 03:47 AM

No. This was one of the worst UFCs I've seen. Ever.

agreed! the main even was so boring! :bomb:

if you haven't already seen it, do not pay for it on pay per view. it's worth about 1/10th the price. :lol:

Well, to be honest, it's hard for people to be outraged about something once they know the facts. And it takes more effort to dig up facts than be outraged. ;)

Posted Image "Meatloaf, smeatloaf, double-beatloaf. I hate meatloaf."
:whee: http://www.mixmakers.net/forums/

#99 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2006 - 01:07 PM

Well, I can almost guarantee you there will be a legitimate knockout in the Liddell/Silva fight.

But early in the 1st round? I certainly hope not for $39.95. I may pay $10 to go watch it at a sports bar, though...

#100 PKRipp3r

PKRipp3r

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2006 - 06:45 PM

agree re: ortiz/shamrock

since that was such a big grudge match, they needed to let it go at least a few more seconds before they stepped in

and i didn't think the fans were booing tito, they were booing the ref who stopped the fight

#101 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2006 - 07:22 PM

What type of car were Tito and Shamrock fighting for, in addition to the bragging rights and pride for defeating the other guy? They announced it during the TUF 3 show, one was black (which they both wanted), and the other was yellow. I would have been happy for either color.

#102 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2006 - 07:40 PM

'69 Camaro I believe.

#103 PKRipp3r

PKRipp3r

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2006 - 07:49 PM

'69 Camaro I believe.

word

#104 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2006 - 08:18 PM

word

How did you edit the link like that? I did it for my tradelist once, but I wasn't paying attention to how I did it.

#105 Sporadic

Sporadic

done with this site

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2006 - 08:52 PM

How did you edit the link like that? I did it for my tradelist once, but I wasn't paying attention to how I did it.

[ url= *website address* ] *What words you want shown* [/ url ]

Of course without the spaces.

#106 PKRipp3r

PKRipp3r

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2006 - 10:14 PM

^^ a'la sporadic...

word[/url ]

just leave the last space before the end bracket out

i found out how to do this [url=http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode]here

#107 craven_fiend

craven_fiend

It Gives You Wings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2006 - 01:09 AM

agree re: ortiz/shamrock

since that was such a big grudge match, they needed to let it go at least a few more seconds before they stepped in

and i didn't think the fans were booing tito, they were booing the ref who stopped the fight

I think they were sort of booing him because he was celebrating the victory. Atleast thats how I took it, as they were booing him when he was talking about a win being a win.
Posted Image

#108 PKRipp3r

PKRipp3r

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2006 - 01:14 AM

I think they were sort of booing him because he was celebrating the victory. Atleast thats how I took it, as they were booing him when he was talking about a win being a win.

yeah that is a good point, plus i'm sure there were lots of ken fans making noise too

tito probably could have forgone the usual 'octagon leap' and other post-win showboating since it was such a lopsided victory

i wanted to see at least 30-45 seconds of good stand-up

#109 Grave_Addiction

Grave_Addiction

The Sega Nerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2006 - 02:24 AM

I don't think so. Why wouldn't anyone celebrate after getting a win? He beat the shit out of Ken, and the ref stopped the fight before he got further humiliated. I think Ken owes the ref a thank you.

#110 Enternal

Enternal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2006 - 05:03 AM

Tito still has a lot of animosity directored towards him for his past antics. He gained a lot of fans back with his dedication in TUF3 and saying sorry after a few fights. I would have like to see the fight go for a few more shots, but thats what the ref called.

I listened to Silvia on the radio after the fight, he actually got a concussion.

#111 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2006 - 06:40 PM

Anyone see the first episode of "TUF 4: The Comeback"? My TiVo stopped recording before the end of the fight between Carter and Clementi. I'll have to set it to record an extra 5 minutes or so. Fucking hilarious how Shonie was dressed in pimp attire when he got to the training facility.:D

I also found out that Andrei Arlovski trains at the same gym that my wife goes to. She said his trainer told her the reason Andrei didn't try to submit Sylvia when they fought last was because Andrei had injured his ankle...

#112 wubb

wubb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2006 - 07:10 PM

Yeah, my Tivo chopped off the last bit of the first episode as well. I think as long as there isn't a live event airing before it you'll be fine without adding time to the recording.

I meant to record the end of it on a re-airing, but then I saw a promo for this week's episode during Blade and it mentioned the winner in the first 3 seconds of the spot. So guess I don't need to worry with that now...

#113 GF_Eric

GF_Eric

Posted 25 August 2006 - 07:13 PM

The fight on episode 2 was the bloodiest I have seen in a while. it was just pouring out of DeWees and just when you thought it had stopped he would grind his forehead into the mat and open it up again.

#114 craven_fiend

craven_fiend

It Gives You Wings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2006 - 10:13 PM

Who all is stoked for tomorrow's PPV?
Posted Image

#115 Ranger Rick

Ranger Rick

Posted 26 August 2006 - 08:01 PM

I hope Bonnar vs. Griffen 2 is as good as the first one (the best fight I've ever seen) I'm definitley looking forward to UFC 62 tonight!
Currently Playing: Call of Duty 4, Team Fortress 2 (PC)

Intel Q6600@3.6~2x1GB DDR2800 OCZ Gold (4-4-4-12)~eVGA 8800GTX~Seagate 320GB 7200.1~eVGA 650i~Antec TruPower Trio 650w~BenQ Dual Layer DVD~Abit WiFi AirPace~KWORLD PlusTV HD PCI~Logitech MX518~Saitek Eclipse~Plantronics Audio 350~BenQ 22" Widescreen~

"Rep = reputation point, also known as an E-penis extension."

#116 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2006 - 06:27 PM

I hope Bonnar vs. Griffen 2 is as good as the first one (the best fight I've ever seen) I'm definitley looking forward to UFC 62 tonight!

So what were the results of last night's events?

#117 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2006 - 08:34 PM

Hermes Franca b. Jamie Varner - Hermes Franca defeats Jamie Varner via submission at 3:31 of Round Three.

Cheick Kongo b. Christian Wellisch - Cheick Kongo defeats Christian Wellisch via TKO at 2:51 of Round One.

Nick Diaz b. Josh Neer - Nick Diaz defeats Josh Neer via submission at 1:42 of Round Three.

Forrest Griffin b. Stephan Bonnar - Forrest Griffin defeats Stephan Bonnar via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).

Chuck Liddell b. Renato "Babalu" Sobral - Chuck Liddell defeats Renato "Babalu" Sobral via TKO at 1:35 of Round One.

#118 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2006 - 09:48 PM

Hermes Franca b. Jamie Varner - Hermes Franca defeats Jamie Varner via submission at 3:31 of Round Three.

Cheick Kongo b. Christian Wellisch - Cheick Kongo defeats Christian Wellisch via TKO at 2:51 of Round One.

Nick Diaz b. Josh Neer - Nick Diaz defeats Josh Neer via submission at 1:42 of Round Three.

Forrest Griffin b. Stephan Bonnar - Forrest Griffin defeats Stephan Bonnar via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).

Chuck Liddell b. Renato "Babalu" Sobral - Chuck Liddell defeats Renato "Babalu" Sobral via TKO at 1:35 of Round One.

Thanks. I just finished watching the Gideon Ray vs. Edwin DeWees fight. Holy Fuck, was that a bloody match! It was as if an artery had been severed!

#119 AK85

AK85

Posted 28 August 2006 - 01:23 AM

Thanks. I just finished watching the Gideon Ray vs. Edwin DeWees fight. Holy Fuck, was that a bloody match! It was as if an artery had been severed!

And when it would quit bleeding for a little bit, he would rub his face into the mat and it would open back up. By the end pretty much the entire ring was covered. Pretty good fight though.

Same with the PPV last night, the card seemed a little weak, but it turned out to be fairly good.

Posted Image

#120 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2006 - 01:17 PM

Who is Matt Hughes going to be fighting in UFC 63? On the website, it says he'll be fighting BJ Penn, but the insert in my DirecTV bill has him fighting George St. Pierre.