Kingdom Hearts II - 29.99 - Fry's ad interpretation/pricematch opportunity maybe

that ad seems kinda tricky tricky. I think the 29.99 is for shadow hearts:FtNW. It doesn't say the price for KH2 just when it will be avaiable. look at the entire ad

[quote name='mkg12']that as seems kinda tricky tricky. I think the 29.99 is for shadow hearts:FtNW. It doesn't say the price for KH2 just when it will be avaiable. look at the entire ad[/QUOTE]

I agree
I doubt KH2 will be 29.99.
Shadow Hearts: FtNW for 29.99 is a good price BUT I'm not sure if it is worth the 1 hour driving time (30 min to and then 30 min back).

No way! That has to be for SH:FTNW.

I'd be quite upset if they did have it for that price...because there isn't a Fry's within thousands of miles of me. :(

I am in agreement. You'll notice in my Fry's thread, I specifically listed Kingdom Hearts II as "No Price Listed". The $29.99 is clearly the pricing for Shadow Hearts and should not be taken as the price for Kingdom Hearts II as well.

Also, please note that so far ONLY the San Jose area Fry's have listed Kingdom Hearts II at all. None of the other locations have included it in their ads as of yet.

If I were to take a guess, I'd expect Fry's to offer it somewhere between $39.99 - $47.99. My hope is $39.99, but I would expect it to be closer to the $47.99 pricing since neither BB or CC have it on sale.

[quote name='fidodido']I am in agreement. You'll notice in my Fry's thread, I specifically listed Kingdom Hearts II as "No Price Listed". The $29.99 is clearly the pricing for Shadow Hearts and should not be taken as the price for Kingdom Hearts II as well.

Also, please note that so far ONLY the San Jose area Fry's have listed Kingdom Hearts II at all. None of the other locations have included it in their ads as of yet.

If I were to take a guess, I'd expect Fry's to offer it somewhere between $39.99 - $47.99. My hope is $39.99, but I would expect it to be closer to the $47.99 pricing since neither BB or CC have it on sale.[/QUOTE]

Is there a place to get the Los Angeles area ads?

I highly doubt it'll be $29.99.

There would be some sort of "Low Price Guarantee" arrow price aimed directly at the $29.99.

I'm expecting either $39.99 or full price.

I'm convinced this store "Fry's" is completely fictional. I've never seen it, never met someone who's shopped there, and never held an ad. Something's fishy about this place.

29.99 or 49.99 I will have this game on launch day :bouncy:. I hope it's 39.99 though (or less). It does seem like a very well done ad though (thinking it will be one thing but end up being another).

[quote name='cleaver']I'm convinced this store "Fry's" is completely fictional. I've never seen it, never met someone who's shopped there, and never held an ad. Something's fishy about this place.[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree. Where the hell is this place, smack dab in the middle of Atlantis???

[quote name='the ender']:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree. Where the hell is this place, smack dab in the middle of Atlantis???[/QUOTE]

I feel sorry for you two guys, I actually have 2 Fry's within a 40 min drive from my home.

from------>Vallejo, Northern Cali

[quote name='brianffrpg']I feel sorry for you two guys, I actually have 2 Fry's within a 40 min drive from my home.

from------>Vallejo, Northern Cali[/quote]

MWHA! I beat ya! I got 5 in my area!

[quote name='KiySeph']MWHA! I beat ya! I got 5 in my area![/quote]

I only have 2 of them. But they're only 15 minutes away.

For those looking for an actual deal, I believe CompUSA has it for $39.99 this week. That's the flyer I'll be taking to my local Best Buy for a PM.

[quote name='Dijital']Wish I had a fry's in my area any CAG willing to hookup another CAG is they can obtain this one for 29.99?[/QUOTE]

Would CC let you buy more than one on a price match? If so, I'd hook some people up since my little bro wants this game badly.

[quote name='the ender']:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree. Where the hell is this place, smack dab in the middle of Atlantis???[/quote]
Oddly enough, one of Fry's stores in the SD area (San Marcos, to be exact) is Atlantis themed. They've got a giant fish tank right where you walk in.

Does anybody know if Fry's (B&M) does rainchecks?

I got it for $30 at Game Rush after trade-in 2 games and pre-order any game for $30 while back. Sadly, GR won't get it till 3/31 :(

[quote name='wbc1228']I agree
I doubt KH2 will be 29.99.
Shadow Hearts: FtNW for 29.99 is a good price BUT I'm not sure if it is worth the 1 hour driving time (30 min to and then 30 min back).[/QUOTE]

By the look of the demo, you'll waste much more than an hour running around finding random people to talk to within the game.

[quote name='Wario64']someone on GAF confirmed with a Fry's (san marcos location) that the $29.99 deal is real[/QUOTE]

bet you that the fry employee misread the price too and that it isn't 29.99

lol

I have all 6 fry's in the bay area to go to all within 10 min driving range. ppl who live in san jose area are pretty lucky that there's lots of fry's to go to compared to other areas haha

[quote name='62t']so you can get this this week at compusa for the same price.[/QUOTE]

The CompUSA deal is regional... my CompUSA is running no such deal and its not in their weekly ad.

From past experience, Kingdom Hearts II will likely be 29.99. They don't put the price on the game to get you to come into the store instead of just PM'iong at a competitor. I know that BB will call Fry's and ask for the price and don't require the ad but my experience is that CC wants the ad.

Best of luck finding the cheapest price.

I have you all beat. I have at least 6 Fry's less than 30 minutes away.

Price in tomorrow's LA ad is confirmed to be $39.99.

I'm willing to bet the San Marcos employee also misread the ad. It will likely be $39.99 across the board...as I had hoped. :)

OP, you made my Tuesday. I arrived at Wal-Mart around 3:30, just as they had finished putting them on the shelf, and managed to squeeze a $30 price-match out of the CSM.

Don't expect to see me for a good long while :drool:

[quote name='dino3333']it actually is 29.99 at frys. its not a mistake cause i called to ask if they would get it in today and they said it was 29.99.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I'm gonna see if I can confirm this for the Los Angeles area?

i just called the Fry's @ concord and they said

$29.99!!!!!!

ANDDDDD that they would have some copies out today!!!

bread's done
Back