Tekken 5 $19.99

[quote name='eau']I'll waiting for the Tekken 5 CE (/w the arcade stick) to drop to around $50, possible?[/quote]

Good luck on that one. I finally bit when it dropped to 90 bucks and I couldn't be happier. It's not the best arcade stick but it's much better than the Street Fighter stick.

[quote name='depascal22']Good luck on that one. I finally bit when it dropped to 90 bucks and I couldn't be happier. It's not the best arcade stick but it's much better than the Street Fighter stick.[/QUOTE]

isn't it $60 now though?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']isn't it $60 now though?[/quote]

is it???? that sucks. i just bought mine a couple months ago. oh well, it's still worth it in my opinion.

if it's 60 bucks, there's no reason for you not to get it.

$69.99 @ Gamestop. My local shop has 2, and I was VERY tempted... but those sticks are HUGE, and I already have a Interact "ShadowBlade" stick I never use...

Seems like Circuit City is getting new copies of this...

I picked it up at CC the other day(It didn't have it before) and all were tagged 19.99 with brand new tags....

Thanks again OP. I was shocked to see that these had already gone GH at my BB. Was really really hoping for an original non-GH Tekken 5, especially since I've learned that there will not be a Tekken 5 GH plus extras ala Dark Resurrection. Didn't have to use a GGC either this week; it was my first itme in a long time doing a 2 for $30 and picked up this and Destroy All Monsters at the same time.

Well, might as well pick it up at $20, especially since those big meanies at Namco dashed my hopes of seeing Dark Resurrection appear as a GH release, like VF4: Evolution.

/:cry: in a corner/

[quote name='Cao Cao']Well, might as well pick it up at $20, especially since those big meanies at Namco dashed my hopes of seeing Dark Resurrection appear as a GH release, like VF4: Evolution.

/:cry: in a corner/[/quote]

That was my hope as well:cry:

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']That was my hope as well:cry:[/QUOTE]

if anything, buy a PSP. I know it's not cheap, but Tekken Dark Resurrection will make up for it.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']if anything, buy a PSP. I know it's not cheap, but Tekken Dark Resurrection will make up for it.[/quote]

I would have one by now if all the PSP Gigapacks hadn't sold out around here. See, I need some incentive to buy a PSP. So far I just can't see myself spending $200-250 on just a system with some bundle of a game, memory, etc.

well I'd say the controller is OK for PSP with TEkken but I can't stand playing games like SF Alpha Max on PSP since you have to use 3 Punches also or 3 Kicks.

Check Circuit City if you want a non-GH version. I just saw 5 new non-GH copies of Tekken 5 that weren't in the store this past Sunday.

[quote name='depascal22']Good luck on that one. I finally bit when it dropped to 90 bucks and I couldn't be happier. It's not the best arcade stick but it's much better than the Street Fighter stick.[/QUOTE]

I saw two on the shelves at ebgames for 59.99, in southland mall in taylor michigan if you can make the trip!

[quote name='jennie25']I saw two on the shelves at ebgames for 59.99, in southland mall in taylor michigan if you can make the trip![/quote]

yeah looks like i bought my stick a month too soon. Oh well. It's not like I have time to play much else. I've been blazing on Tekken and Virtua Fighter with this new stick.

[quote name='CaoPi']well I'd say the controller is OK for PSP with TEkken but I can't stand playing games like SF Alpha Max on PSP since you have to use 3 Punches also or 3 Kicks.[/QUOTE]

I plan on modding my d-pad before Tekken releases. Fighters are almost unplayabe on the PSP without a mod.

I really got a find a good, but cheap, stick for this game. Any sticks you guys can recommend that are fairly cheap but still good. I don't want to go out and rebuy the game, but if I have to I will.

Tekken Anniversary Stick

Comes with:

Tekken 5
10th Anniversary Tekken Arcade Stick
6 Disc Collectors DVD Case

60 bucks at Gamestop/EB

Edit--Ooops, sorry. Didn't read the last part of your post. Ask the guys in the fighting game forum. Markman has a collection of sticks that makes me soil my pants everytime I see it. He's the guy that turned me onto the Tekken stick.

[quote name='depascal22']Tekken Anniversary Stick

Comes with:

Tekken 5

60 bucks at Gamestop/EB[/quote] $69.99 at the Gamestop I went to last Saturday.

Btw, I saw the GH version of Tekken 5. I prefer the non-GH cover.

[quote name='eau']$69.99 at the Gamestop I went to last Saturday.

Btw, I saw the GH version of Tekken 5. I prefer the non-GH cover.[/quote]

For some reason, the GH version of Tekken doesn't really bother me. Now the God of War one is just horrendous.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']For some reason, the GH version of Tekken doesn't really bother me. Now the God of War one is just horrendous.[/quote]
Perhaps the red GH banner blends much better with the red background of Tekken 5. On the other hand, the GOW doesn't go well with a red banner at all.

[quote name='eau']Perhaps the red GH banner blends much better with the red background of Tekken 5. On the other hand, the GOW doesn't go well with a red banner at all.[/QUOTE]

sometimes, if ur lucky, the red banner is stickered on the shrink wrap only. Not always, but it's usually a rare find

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']sometimes, if ur lucky, the red banner is stickered on the shrink wrap only. Not always, but it's usually a rare find[/quote]

Yeah, that's always a good find. I never noticed it until I found this site. Now almost all my PS2 games have the stickered Greatest Hits on the shrinkwrap. I guess I've finally found that sweet spot between a game hitting 20 bucks and that first run with the horrendous greatest hits on the cover.

[quote name='depascal22']Yeah, that's always a good find. I never noticed it until I found this site. Now almost all my PS2 games have the stickered Greatest Hits on the shrinkwrap. I guess I've finally found that sweet spot between a game hitting 20 bucks and that first run with the horrendous greatest hits on the cover.[/quote]
Impressive. You games still have the GH stickers on them (i.e., still sealed) ;)

[quote name='depascal22']Tekken Anniversary Stick

Comes with:

Tekken 5

60 bucks at Gamestop/EB

Edit--Ooops, sorry. Didn't read the last part of your post. Ask the guys in the fighting game forum. Markman has a collection of sticks that makes me soil my pants everytime I see it. He's the guy that turned me onto the Tekken stick.[/QUOTE]

It would be the best stick out there if it didn't have Hori buttons. For some reason Hori buttons suck. You can mod it and replace them with better buttons though like my friend did. I'm too lazy though.

[quote name='Zon27']It would be the best stick out there if it didn't have Hori buttons. For some reason Hori buttons suck. You can mod it and replace them with better buttons though like my friend did. I'm too lazy though.[/quote]

very true, but for a mass produced stick, it's pretty sweet. you won't find a custom job for this price.

bread's done
Back