Photo
- - - - -

Kentucky CAG roll call!

• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#91 zombiealucard

zombiealucard

Posted 08 May 2009 - 05:34 AM

I used to work at Book and Music exchange in henderson like 3 years ago. I got fired because I kept purchasing games from my own pocket instead of from the store. Oh well it was worth it. I used to have like at the kmart there but not anymore.

yeah, since the kmart is owned by Sears its gone to hell.
even all the standard k-mart deals aren't there :/

#92 Sailorneorune

Sailorneorune

E'ville Queen of Trading

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2009 - 12:02 PM

Hey, thanks everyone.

My thread gets some more love. Yay. ^_^

Zombiealucard - you're really close to me! I work in Morganfield, all my friends are in Henderson, and I currently reside at the halfway point. The underground lair is still standing.

Born and raised in Kentucky, too. Started CAG 4 years ago, and fell in love with a guy who sent me some games to test the Saturn I paid $5 for at the old Morganfield SA Thrift Store.

My favorite games are Super Mario Bros. 3, Klonoa, The Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past, and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney.

I gotta cross the bridge just the same, but I buy my anime from Right Stuf and my games from Book Broker.

Have any of the western KY CAGs been to Book Broker? It's worth the trip - they may not always have what you're looking for, but when they do, it's cheap. Half-price Dragon Quest IV ftw.

About the BME - the Diamond Avenue store seems to be the best. Numero uno - they're the only BME that carries Sega games and consoles. Point 2 - they don't seem to get as many of the Amazonesque price hikes as the Henderson store.

But when the Xbox I got from them bit the dust, they were nice enough to transport another system from Washington Ave. to Hendo under the warranty.

Edited by Sailorneorune, 08 May 2009 - 12:16 PM.

laytonicksig.png
image,Sailor-spc-Neorune,black,red.png

PLAYING Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright
WATCHING DNAngel
READING Cardcaptor Sakura

#93 masishadow

masishadow

Posted 10 May 2009 - 05:03 AM

2 more days before i leave for china. go go region free ps3 and happy endings (-_-)shhhh.

#94 Sailorneorune

Sailorneorune

E'ville Queen of Trading

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2009 - 12:04 PM

Take care. :)

laytonicksig.png

WATCHING DNAngel

#95 HCHecxz

HCHecxz

The Hecxzellent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 01:27 PM

I'm from Elizabethtown, KY

Plus i'm close to town so I got Wal-Mart, GameStop, Best Buy, K-Mart, Target, Blockbuster, Game Crazy and FYE (which doesnt sell games anymore) to cover.

Best place I get deals at is a Mom and Pop shop in town called "Ol' Buddies" which sell as new and used stuff including a lot of retro gaming too, they are really good on everything!

So I try to keep tabs on things if I see anything clearance or some great deal. :)

#96 doughazelwood

doughazelwood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:57 PM

I'm from Elizabethtown, KY

Plus i'm close to town so I got Wal-Mart, GameStop, Best Buy, K-Mart, Target, Blockbuster, Game Crazy and FYE (which doesnt sell games anymore) to cover.

Best place I get deals at is a Mom and Pop shop in town called "Ol' Buddies" which sell as new and used stuff including a lot of retro gaming too, they are really good on everything!

So I try to keep tabs on things if I see anything clearance or some great deal. :)

Welcome. Ol' Buddies is the greatest.
No sense in saving it!

Check out my auctions at:

http://www.gamegavel...sites/garetjax/

http://www.vendazzle...sites/garetjax/

#97 helmet

helmet

beep boop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 07:24 PM

While I'm not at school in Utica NY, I'm at home in KY.

Unfortunately, home is in Somerset, which makes life as a CAG tough. :S

#98 HCHecxz

HCHecxz

The Hecxzellent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 08:37 PM

Welcome. Ol' Buddies is the greatest.

You damn right it is :)

Heck, they hooked me up with my 80GB MGS4 PS3 Bundle when it came out before everyone else cleaned them out, now everyones complaining they didn't get them then because this one has the full backwards comp. on all PS2 games :)

#99 masishadow

masishadow

Posted 23 May 2009 - 08:46 PM

Note to self...don't buy video games in convenience stores in Tokyo...omg expensive.

~65 usd for dragon quest IX ds...65 for a ds game...

Oh well...off to china today...the land of cheap knock-offs (video games included.) I've heard from my chinese friends that only stupid people buy the authentic copies of the game in China.

#100 zombiealucard

zombiealucard

Posted 06 July 2009 - 08:37 AM

Hey, thanks everyone.

My thread gets some more love. Yay. ^_^

Zombiealucard - you're really close to me! I work in Morganfield, all my friends are in Henderson, and I currently reside at the halfway point. The underground lair is still standing.

Born and raised in Kentucky, too. Started CAG 4 years ago, and fell in love with a guy who sent me some games to test the Saturn I paid $5 for at the old Morganfield SA Thrift Store.

My favorite games are Super Mario Bros. 3, Klonoa, The Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past, and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney.

I gotta cross the bridge just the same, but I buy my anime from Right Stuf and my games from Book Broker.

Have any of the western KY CAGs been to Book Broker? It's worth the trip - they may not always have what you're looking for, but when they do, it's cheap. Half-price Dragon Quest IV ftw.

About the BME - the Diamond Avenue store seems to be the best. Numero uno - they're the only BME that carries Sega games and consoles. Point 2 - they don't seem to get as many of the Amazonesque price hikes as the Henderson store.

But when the Xbox I got from them bit the dust, they were nice enough to transport another system from Washington Ave. to Hendo under the warranty.

So may I ask the name? :D

#101 B.K.

B.K.

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:10 AM

Can someone give me directions to the Gamestop in London? I've tried three or four times, but I can't find it. All the directions I find online take me to the wrong place.

#102 DGibFen

DGibFen

Posted 19 July 2009 - 04:28 PM

Louisville CAG - The Wal-Mart on Hurstbourne Ln. (near J-Town) has 2000 point Wii cards with a joystick sleeve for 10.00 on clearance. There were about 10 or so when I checked this morning.
Posted Image

#103 Sailorneorune

Sailorneorune

E'ville Queen of Trading

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2009 - 11:01 AM

So may I ask the name? :D

My name?

Search for sailorneorune on GameTZ, or trade with me, and you'll find out. :)

laytonicksig.png

WATCHING DNAngel

#104 ffman

ffman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:12 AM

ffman here, CAG "noob" checking in.

I live in south-central Kentucky (Logan County).

#105 doughazelwood

doughazelwood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:56 AM

ffman here, CAG "noob" checking in.

I live in south-central Kentucky (Logan County).

Greetings!
No sense in saving it!

#106 wittyreference

wittyreference

Posted 22 August 2009 - 01:56 AM

Howdy, Y'all!
Don't you just love stereotypes?

Wittyreference from Derbycity. Just started my senior year of public highschool. The grammatical errors followed.

Edited by wittyreference, 22 August 2009 - 01:59 AM.
Enter =/= Return

#107 screamokid4life

screamokid4life

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2009 - 04:43 AM

Florence, KY here. I wasnt born here but Ive been here for about 5years. about 25mins away from Cincinnati.

#108 DarkGamer11

DarkGamer11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:00 AM

New CAG member DarkGamer11 here...reporting from Georgetown, KY whoo!

#109 thundarr

thundarr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:24 AM

Hey all, another Elizabethtown, Ky CAG checking in here. I agree with HCH about Ol' Buddies but I think it should also be noted that we have probably the friendliest Best Buy staff here that I've ever seen. I do alot of price matching and they not only work with you but I've even had a manager print out an ad on their own computer when they could not use the one I had (for a 60gb PS3 no less!). Great people!

#110 Sailorneorune

Sailorneorune

E'ville Queen of Trading

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2009 - 12:46 PM

Welcome, everyone. Glad to have y'all here. ^_^

laytonicksig.png

WATCHING DNAngel

#111 Hao

Hao

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:15 PM

Hey, guys!

I'm originally from Cynthiana, but I'm currently attending Morehead State University, so I spend time at both.

Neither of which have any decent places to buy stuff. :/

#112 doughazelwood

doughazelwood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:49 PM

Hey, guys!

I'm originally from Cynthiana, but I'm currently attending Morehead State University, so I spend time at both.

Neither of which have any decent places to buy stuff. :/

Greetings. What is your major?
No sense in saving it!

#113 Hao

Hao

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2009 - 07:52 PM

Greetings. What is your major?

Computer Science, at the moment. I'm currently a freshmen, so there's still a chance that I could end up switching later on.

#114 Sailorneorune

Sailorneorune

E'ville Queen of Trading

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2009 - 01:07 PM

Welcome aboard, and good luck in your studies.

laytonicksig.png

WATCHING DNAngel

#115 coryhdollar

coryhdollar

TheBigBlueCat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2009 - 03:34 PM

Paintsville

#116 Athanasius

Athanasius

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:01 PM

Yo, I'm in Nicholasville its near Lexington like a 10 min drive away, I'm also new to CAG so haya lol

I shoulda added a little more about myself eh? well... I've lived here most of my life and I've been a gamer for just about the same amount of time, I loves me some good old school gaming especially jrpgs, I love all genras of gaming save for the new trend in fitness games and sports games (though I'll give sports games a chance I loved NBA jam on the genesis XD) my favorit game of all time would be Castlvania: Symphony of the night and all of the castlevania series. anyway its nice to meet you all!

Edited by Athanasius, 20 October 2009 - 01:32 PM.

#117 thundarr

thundarr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:05 PM

Greetings Athanasius, and welcome to CAG! Good ol' Jessamine County, isn't it?

#118 Athanasius

Athanasius

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:09 PM

Greetings Athanasius, and welcome to CAG! Good ol' Jessamine County, isn't it?

Thank you, and yup yup lived here most of my life.

#119 ender65

ender65

Posted 08 November 2009 - 07:30 PM

I'm from Villa Hills, but going to school at Centre College.

#120 deathmothon

deathmothon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2009 - 09:46 PM

CAG noob here. I'm originally from Grayson Ky (near Ashland). Don't see too many eastern KYans here. Guess the internet hasn't penetrated into the hills yet :-?. I live and work in Lexington now though. Best deals are usually Amazon or EBay for me.