• Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

#181 ck76

ck76

Winter is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

Guru (Indian) in Crescent Springs is excellent

I remember how happy I was when the folks that run Ambar opened a location in Northern Kentucky. Get me some Chicken Tikka and Lamb Rogen Josh (sp?) and I am a happy man.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#182 Sailorneorune

Sailorneorune

E'ville Queen of Trading

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

There hadn't been a Bluegrass CAG thread until I made this one a while back. :) I'm glad that we can have a place to call our own, and be civil.

Welcome!

neonicksig2.png
image,Sailor-spc-Neorune,black,red.png

PLAYING Pokémon X, Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies, Ace Attorney Investigations 2
WATCHING DNAngel, Saiyuki
READING Knightingail

#183 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:00 AM

Seems like everyone lives as far away from Louisville as possible.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#184 Sailorneorune

Sailorneorune

E'ville Queen of Trading

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

Maybe things have changed since the Bluegrass CAG thread was born.

neonicksig2.png

PLAYING Pokémon X, Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies, Ace Attorney Investigations 2
READING Knightingail

#185 Cimpy101

Cimpy101

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

I did not know these threads existed...

Anyways, reporting in from Newport, Kentucky (very Northern tip of the Commonwealth). If you have been to the Hofbrauhaus, you have been by my place.

I'm pretty much 3-5 min away from you. Hello neighbor.

#186 ck76

ck76

Winter is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

I'm pretty much 3-5 min away from you. Hello neighbor.

Hello neighbor. It is hard to meet folks. My fiancee and I have mentioned this time to time. If you'd like to do a game night be cool to come to your place and meet a fellow CAG. What games do you like? I own a Playstation 3 and a 3DS.

If you'd prefer meet in public for safety I understand. Ever been to Moka or Tom&Chee?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#187 iced1138

iced1138

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

Anyone know of any Board game/video game meetups or events in NKY? My wife and I are looking to meet some new likeminded people around our age (Late 20's). We've recently moved a little further away from our friends so any suggestions would be appreciated!

Well if you lived about 5 or so hours away, my gaming group does that stuff all the time. I'm in Paducah, which is on the western side of the state.

#188 Snoopielyn

Snoopielyn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

Henderson here. I was transplanted here in the last few years after living most of my life in Evansville, IN.

I'm an Xbox 360 player, with small amounts of PC games thrown in.

I have to say the GameStop here in Henderson is great. I never liked GameStop before the one here opened. I just love the people who work there.

#189 Sailorneorune

Sailorneorune

E'ville Queen of Trading

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:06 AM

Yay! More western Kentucky people!

Also a Hendersonian. I agree our GameStop is better than pretty much every other GameStop I've been to, especially since Paducah is out of Phoenix Wright games.

neonicksig2.png

READING Knightingail

#190 Snoopielyn

Snoopielyn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:55 PM

The only downfall of our GameStop is the fact that with it being in a smaller town, we have less of a chance of getting midnight launches.

#191 FishPillow

FishPillow

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:11 PM

I'm in Frankfort, never any deals here....

#192 Sailorneorune

Sailorneorune

E'ville Queen of Trading

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:29 PM

The only downfall of our GameStop is the fact that with it being in a smaller town, we have less of a chance of getting midnight launches.

Most of the games with midnight launches are crap anyway.

neonicksig2.png

READING Knightingail

#193 Snoopielyn

Snoopielyn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:28 PM

Most of the games with midnight launches are crap anyway.

We did manage to get a midnight launch for Borderlands 2, but that's about it so far for any of the games that most stores have had midnight launches for that I've been interested in.

#194 Sailorneorune

Sailorneorune

E'ville Queen of Trading

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

Well, I think there had also been Madden and a few others. (Why would someone stay up until midnight for the same game they bought last year?) Pretty much anything guaranteed to pull a few million copies to the cherished 18-34-year-old males will get a midnight launch.

I'd love to see a midnight launch for a Pokemon game.

neonicksig2.png

READING Knightingail

#195 Snoopielyn

Snoopielyn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:21 AM

I'm probably being to hopeful that there will be a midnight launch for Bioshock Infinite. Not sure where that falls in with the 18-34 year old male crowd. Not being male, that's a crowd I've never belonged to. :p

I definitely agree on your thoughts on the Madden games, but then I also don't play any sports games at all.

Yeah, I don't see a Pokemon game getting a midnight launch. There just isn't enough gun play, I guess. ;)

#196 Sailorneorune

Sailorneorune

E'ville Queen of Trading

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:25 AM

Pretty much any game with an M rating and a multi-million-dollar advertising budget gets a midnight launch (at least in Indiana). And Madden. Bioshock has a great story and seems to be the most intelligent of the FPS games I've seen played... maybe because both my fiancé and I avoid online multiplayer like the plague.

18-34-year-old males have been the demographic most advertisers pour their money to appealing to. So, it seems to me most big games are made to appeal to them. Maybe it's just me wanting to walk up to whoever is heading up Team Ninja now and slap them with a rolled-up newspaper.

Buying games like Animal Crossing is my way of giving them the finger.

neonicksig2.png

READING Knightingail

#197 Snoopielyn

Snoopielyn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:29 PM

I avoid competitive online multiplayer, but sometimes enjoy co-op online multiplayer. I still can only really enjoy it with certain types of people though, as I have a low tolerance for listening to young teenagers bash their teammates. I also get irritated being called "kid." Apparently it's unheard of that a middle aged woman would be playing a game, so they assume my voice belongs to a young teenage boy. That always makes it interesting when my almost 20 year old son joins me in a game and calls me Mom.

I don't buy many games on release day, but I have considered pre-ordering them in Evansville just for a better chance at a midnight launch. The GameStop here in Henderson sometimes doesn't have midnight launches for the same games they have for midnight launch in Evansville.

I used to be mostly a casual pc gamer. My son introduced me to games he thought I'd like and gradually added more as my taste expanded. I'm not great at action games, but I have patience with things, so I've gotten better with practice. Never thought I'd play an FPS type game, but find myself willing if the story line of a game is good enough.

#198 Sailorneorune

Sailorneorune

E'ville Queen of Trading

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:15 AM

I think Bioshock Infinite is getting a midnight launch here. Co-op is the way to go for online games, I think. (I have some fond memories of Phantasy Star Online.) People tend to act more civilized when working together. It's frustrating to see kids bash each other for no reason, other than to just be obnoxious. To be honest, I get aggravated at people being obnoxious in general... I enjoy RPGs and platformers, mostly - my favorites include Zelda, Animal Crossing, Phoenix Wright, and LittleBigPlanet.

People should also learn not to assume that you're a kid just because you have a high voice. I get that a lot too... and it's frustrating. :p It's really satisfying when we get to teach them a lesson, though.

Games are for all of us.

I'll be at EvilleCon this weekend, rocking the StreetPass Evansville table with giveaways for 3DS point cards and Phoenix Wright on the DS, Stupid Mii Tricks, and whatever else I can pull out of my Luigi hat.

/almost 30
//probably still going to go for the Pikachu 3DS XL

neonicksig2.png

READING Knightingail

#199 Snoopielyn

Snoopielyn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

I just checked the GameStop website, and sure enough, midnight launch here, so yeah, I'm happy about that.

Obnoxious people are the main reason I don't play more online co-op multiplayer. Most of the time it's just not worth the risk of dealing with obnoxious people, so I mostly play with my son and his friends.

I'm mostly into action rpg games, but will try out pretty much any FPS that has a decent story line to it. I also enjoy strategy games.

We were going to check out EvilleCon, but then decided to spend most of the weekend playing Heroclix and having a cookout.

#200 Sailorneorune

Sailorneorune

E'ville Queen of Trading

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:47 AM

That's understandable. I'm just there to help... mostly.

I'm pretty much spending all my CAG time in this thread, especially until the Pikachu 3DS XL scalping BS blows over.

neonicksig2.png

READING Knightingail

#201 timro33

timro33

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:24 AM

Not actually in KY but across the river from Louisville in Southern Indiana.

Have teenagers, one of whom is a gamer like his dad.

We have ps3, wii u, xbox 360, and wii.

main ones are the ps3 and wii u

#202 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:38 AM

Not actually in KY but across the river from Louisville in Southern Indiana.

Have teenagers, one of whom is a gamer like his dad.

We have ps3, wii u, xbox 360, and wii.

main ones are the ps3 and wii u

Which city? I'm probably really close to wherever you live, as I live across the Ohio River from Louisville, myself.

#203 Sailorneorune

Sailorneorune

E'ville Queen of Trading

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:02 AM

In or near Kentucky, all are welcome. I'm a (really strong pitcher's) stone's throw from southern IN myself.

neonicksig2.png

READING Knightingail

#204 jughead

jughead

Beersport Champion!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:58 AM

This thread has been rocking lately.

#205 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:53 AM

Good to see some people closer to me. I'm about 15-20 minutes from downtown Louisville.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#206 Sailorneorune

Sailorneorune

E'ville Queen of Trading

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:43 AM

StreetPass Evansville (of which neither founder is actually from Evansville) got over 70 hits today from fellow 3DS owners from the Tri-State and beyond. We gave away a copy of Phoenix Wright, and will be announcing winners of eShop cards and Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?! (standard edition) sometime this weekend from the list of people we passed.

neonicksig2.png

READING Knightingail

#207 Hillean

Hillean

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:54 AM

Owensboro, KY reporting in!

#208 Sailorneorune

Sailorneorune

E'ville Queen of Trading

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:38 AM

Welcome!

neonicksig2.png

READING Knightingail

#209 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:30 PM

Does anyone happen to be near the Gamestop in Lawrenceburg or Lexington? There is a $10 game I am looking for at these stores and I am willing to give $25 to cover the cost of game, S&H costs and gas/time.

Hope someone can help me.

538822.png

#210 bigperm81

bigperm81

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:41 PM

i live in ashland ky, i think im the only cager around here, because ive been scoring mad deals. ive even resorted to buying games at one place to trade in at another for a profit. i currently own a wii u, 360, and a ps3. im the owner and operator of a gentlemans club in huntington wv.