What would you think if I added some non-deal articles to the front page of CAG?

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Maybe 2-3 a week, could consist of gaming previews/reviews, or any other crap I could come up with, not necessarily 100% game related.
The front page content gets pretty bland, especialy since deals typically die soon after being posted and I am looking for ways to spice it up a bit.

Only a paragraph of the article would be visible on the front page and one would have to click on a link to get to the full text so articles wont take up any more space than the usual deal.

Your thoughts?

I like it, I agree the front page can get bland especially if there are no true good CAG deals for 2 days or so or the deals end up being DOA for most.

Sounds awesome....the front page should be split into areas though...with deals at top so people can still refresh.

Cheap ass reviews....I can feel it already!

I liked the headlines GFaqs had on their web page (before they updated) with Videogame related news that was actually updated on a regular basis

Yaeh you could do it based on price. And if it was recently for like $5 than you could say if it was worth at this price but no higher, you know.

Welcome back :)
That would be a cool idea, especially if it was like wierd articles about bizarre stuff real people do like the oddly enough section in yahoo.
It would give us something to talk about between 5$ sales. ;P

Welcome back and congrats on the marriage. I think that might be a good idea to put articles up. You can always try it out and see how it goes.

speaking of front-page changes: What ever happened with the whole CAG logo design? Did nobody ever submit a really good one?

just curious...

How about posting the articles that CAGBOT comes up with? I'm usually interested in what CAGBOT finds but seem to miss the posts since it's buried in the forums.

Honestly, anything to spice up the front page would be awesome. I usually never even look at the front page, but instead head over here to the forums to see what's going on.

I'm sure this is probably infeasible, but I think that a game price ticker that scrolled across the top of the page would be really damn sweet.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Honestly, anything to spice up the front page would be awesome. I usually never even look at the front page, but instead head over here to the forums to see what's going on.[/quote]

I'm with you. I rarely ever look at the front page anymore.

I agree with everyone else.....

Anything to spice up the front page would be welcome.

It's always fun to see something new on a page when you hit the refresh button.

I would rather not see news items on CAG -- I think it would dilute the purpose and the usability of the site.

I come to CAG for deals, not the regurgitated marketing fluff IGN tries to pass of as news.

GameTab.com takes care of all the news a CAGer needs, and god knows there are more shaq-fuing game news sites out there already -- it would be a waste of your time and talent.

[quote name='Anonymous']I agree with everyone else.....

Anything to spice up the front page would be welcome.

It's always fun to see something new on a page when you hit the refresh button.[/quote]

I hate it when I don't sign in first.........

An inch closer to mainstream. Game review sites try to bring in vendor links to promote "bargains," and this site will soon bring in game reviews and related articles.

I dont like the idea of putting news on the front page. Thats not why I come to cheapassgamer. If its like how they do it at Gamefaqs I dont have a problem.

bread's done
Back