Holy CRAP!!! The Trailer For The Simpsons Movie Has Been Released!!!!!!!!!

I wonder how many needless celebrity voice cameos they get for this movie? And are there any countries the Simpsons haven't visited yet, that seems to always work in a pinch. "Tonight, on The Simpsons. Regis Philbin guest stars as a cheerful Bus Driver, when the Simpson family visits Nicaragua!"

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']I wonder how many needless celebrity voice cameos they get for this movie? And are there any countries the Simpsons haven't visited yet, that seems to always work in a pinch. "Tonight, on The Simpsons. Regis Philbin guest stars as a cheerful Bus Driver, when the Simpson family visits Nicaragua!"[/QUOTE]
A producer has said that it'll be similar to the South Park movie; i.e., like the series but bigger, better, more epic, possibly a song or two. And they apparentally have an excellent plot idea, but it won't be revealed till closer to release.

[quote name='gsr']who cares? The simpsons stopped being funny 10 years ago.[/QUOTE]
false

you either don't watch the show or are just hating

the 'stopped being funny 10 years ago' remark has become a shorthand, knee-jerk meme that is thrown into every simpsons thread ever made anywhere and honestly i'm getting sick of it

i would accept, 'it's not as funny as it used to be 10 years ago' but the show is still fucking funny

if you say otherwise please provide supporting evidence or kindly stfu

thanks

[quote name='wbc1228']am i the only here that thinks that this is FAKE?![/QUOTE]
No, it's been confirmed by MSNBC and MSN and a couple other sources. Started as unconfirmed, but has since been completely confirmed.

Although, it will be sent with every Ice Age 2, but the theater has the choice to show it or not; most likely all will, but some may not, I suppose.

*sigh* sad because it's all over next summer. I haven't been keeping up with it for the past few years, but i'll be sad to see it go.

[quote name='Apossum']*sigh* sad because it's all over next summer. I haven't been keeping up with it for the past few years, but i'll be sad to see it go.[/QUOTE]
Wha? So...Simpsons is ending next summer or something?

April Fools.

I went to see the movie and didn't see that trailer. Why would it only be on some reels and not all?

[quote name='Blade']April Fools.

I went to see the movie and didn't see that trailer. Why would it only be on some reels and not all?[/QUOTE]
When a theater recieves a print of a film, they also recieve a couple of trailers for them to play with it, if they choose. Most theaters play the trailers that get sent, but they're not required to. If they don't like certain ones, they won't play them. Theater's choice.

I'm sorry if you missed it, but many sources have confirmed that it's been released, so it's definitely not April Fool's.

However, I edited the OP to reflect that.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']I wonder how many needless celebrity voice cameos they get for this movie?[/QUOTE]
Thats a great idea! William H. Macy, get yourself a part in the movie!!!

[quote name='PKRipp3r']false

the 'stopped being funny 10 years ago' remark has become a shorthand, knee-jerk meme that is thrown into every simpsons thread ever made anywhere and honestly i'm getting sick of it

i would accept, 'it's not as funny as it used to be 10 years ago' but the show is still fucking funny

thanks[/QUOTE]
Episodes I've seen recently that I've hated: Episode 300
The one where they visit England
Nelson gets mothered by Marge
Burns cancels the company's prescription plan
The Roofi episode

I don't hate the Simpsons. I love the Simpsons. I've seen the older episodes (season 1-9) more than I should have and I love them too much. But a few years ago I made a conscious decision to stop watching new episodes every Sunday and watch new Simpsons episodes occasionally when I could. I did this because I felt that Simpsons had become so much worse than I was used to and I wanted to remember the Simpsons as a show I loved rather than a show that just stuck around too long and I ended up hating because it disappointed me.

Obviously this is simply a difference of opinion but I provided "evidence" so I guess I can protect my right to air my greivences.

My sister saw Ice Age today. Said she saw the trailer for the Simpsons movie.

Oh and if anyone still thinks the Simpsons is funny, they have a terrible sense of humor.

[quote name='whoknows']Wha? So...Simpsons is ending next summer or something?[/QUOTE]

there was an article where they said the movie would come after the end of the show...unless I'm just tripping.

[quote name='Apossum']there was an article where they said the movie would come after the end of the show...unless I'm just tripping.[/QUOTE]

Doubt it,

Wikipedia sez:
"The show has now been renewed for a nineteenth season, which will take place in 2007 and 2008."

They need new writters if they want the Simpsons movie to be good. I would like to see Mitch Hurwitz, Ricky Gervais, Bill Lawrence and B. J. Novak take a crack at it.

Saw it with Ice Age 2 tonight. It's just a teaser, but I was still surprised. Didn't know they were going to make a movie after all this time.

[quote name='PKRipp3r']i would accept, 'it's not as funny as it used to be 10 years ago' but the show is still fucking funny[/QUOTE]

False.

You either don't watch the show or you're just hating.

Thankyou.

Yeah. I saw Ice Age 2 tonight as well, and it's just a shitty teaser. It's zooming around a red 'S' (superman) logo, then zooms out and it's Homer in his underwear with a Superman shirt on. He says "What?".. maybe something else. It's announced for July 27th, 2007.. Homer then says "Ooh, well we better start then", or something to that effect.

Ice Age 2 was pretty cool, though.

I work at a theater and have heard nothing about this today, but there is a reason (see my thread), so I will check and see if any of our prints have it.

[quote name='PKRipp3r']false

thanks[/quote]

I agree with every word you have said. Every fucking person across the internet jumped on the meme and riding till its dead worse the simpsons. They'll bring up only a handful of episodes that "they" didn't like, but in truth the rest of the seasons have been pretty good. Of course not the best, but what can stay at such a high level year after year like that? Besides, just go up to anyone of them and ask them what would they rather have, the Simpsons or it replaced with another Reality TV Reject by Fox. I think the choice is obvious.

[quote name='Apossum']*sigh* sad because it's all over next summer. I haven't been keeping up with it for the past few years, but i'll be sad to see it go.[/quote]

It's got its contract renewed recently and it'll probably go through Season 20 IMO.

bread's done
Back