Photo
- - - - -

Far Cry Instincts: Predator, GRAW, Tomb Raider, and other 360 games, $40 at Play-Asia

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#91 rsigley

rsigley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2006 - 03:22 AM

Damn yea, I just know it was listed under the region free one before cause I was looking at it 2 days ago when I ordered GRAW

but now there seems to be two versions one that is NTSC/J

Hopefully it'll be true, I wanna play TR

Sorry if I'm scaring people just noticed it went missing so got confused

#92 Spoon_si

Spoon_si

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2006 - 01:53 PM

MIne just shipped... now we play the waiting game...
Trade List: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=213284
Updated: 02-03-09

Posted Image

#93 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 19 April 2006 - 01:55 PM

The waiting game sucks...lets play Hungry Hungry Hippos!

seanr1221.png

#94 Sweet Tooth

Sweet Tooth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2006 - 02:09 PM

Mine also shipped. I checked the website and the copy im getting works for all systems, specifically says "No Region Protection"

#95 flybrione

flybrione

Guitar Solo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2006 - 03:17 PM

My copy shipped today and the web site still says it region free. I also got an email from play-asia promoting the game as region free as well and now shipping.

I do not think anyone will have a problem, Play-Asia is a great company.

#96 mrbungler

mrbungler

Posted 19 April 2006 - 03:28 PM

Mine shipped as well. *Fingers Crossed*

Hope it works on my US system. I know the website and email specifically says No Region Protection but they have the disclaimer on their compatibility website stating:

"Play-Asia takes no responsibility for the correctness of this information and in general always recommends only to purchase game software that has been designed for the system you own. "

My guess is they test it before they state it works on all systems, so I'm not too worried.

#97 flybrione

flybrione

Guitar Solo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2006 - 04:29 PM

My guess is they test it before they state it works on all systems, so I'm not too worried.

Yes they do test them. I have spoken to a customer service rep about these games on few occasions and they do test them extensively.

So far Blazing Angels works perfectly fine I have not had a single problem with it.

#98 graf1k

graf1k

Posted 19 April 2006 - 06:10 PM

Mine shipped today too. In the same e-mail they said they are now shipping Okami too. I was about to order it before I realized I don't speak or read Japanese. And I don't have a PS2. *pouts*

#99 OGHowie

OGHowie

Old Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2006 - 02:41 AM

My Tomb Raider Legend shipped too. Here is their reply when I asked about compatibility:

"We have tested with this Asian game and it works with the US console. But we will recommend you to confirm its compatibility before you placed an order as we may not able to cancel the order if your parcel was shipped out.

In case of any further question please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards,

Tony
Play-Asia.com"

#100 graf1k

graf1k

Posted 20 April 2006 - 08:14 AM

How the Fuck are we supposed to 'confirm its compatibility' before we have the game?

#101 radjago

radjago

Long-time CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2006 - 11:14 AM

How the Fuck are we supposed to 'confirm its compatibility' before we have the game?

A gullible generous third party?

#102 OGHowie

OGHowie

Old Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2006 - 12:50 AM

Yeah, the email doesn't seem to make much sense, but I'm just gonna assume it will work since they said they tested it.

#103 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2006 - 01:26 AM

you are suppose to wait until some here post after getting the game.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#104 cchen326

cchen326

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2006 - 09:55 PM

Has anyone got Call of duty 2 from them? Any problems going on live or with any non english menus?

#105 Cable387

Cable387

Naked and Sticky!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2006 - 10:50 PM

^Call of Duty 2 is cheaper from Half.com and you don't have to worry about any of that stuff you asked about since it's the NTSC version.

#106 cchen326

cchen326

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2006 - 06:48 PM

Anyone get call of duty 2 yet?

#107 johnwashere

johnwashere

Posted 24 April 2006 - 08:14 PM

Just wanted to let you know I ordered far cry a few weeks ago and got it in exactly one week from when I ordered. I was supsised how extremly fast they were. Others have said this but the game looks like the same exact thing as the american versions. Box, manual, and disc are exactly identical to the america version (my friend has the american verison). I can still log into the US xbox live, still get achievements. I really thought it was the american versions since I cannot tell a single difference. Me and my friend linked our systems and they worked fine, we both got online and everything..
I emailed play asia a few times and they always got back with me in about 15-20 hours. I wish more games were region free, but for now on I will be buying my games from play-asia!!!!

#108 Morpheus

Morpheus

Posted 25 April 2006 - 01:18 AM

I'm all for saving money on games and these are really good deals on 360 games. But for some odd reason I find it ironic that a $40 game is considered a deal now. Boy... times have changed.

#109 Duo_Maxwell

Duo_Maxwell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2006 - 02:22 AM

I'm all for saving money on games and these are really good deals on 360 games. But for some odd reason I find it ironic that a $40 game is considered a deal now. Boy... times have changed.

Uh, it's not that it's a $40 dollar game or that times have changed (which I find that ironic seeing how gamers paid the same amount if not more for new releases 15 years ago), it's that it's $20 cheaper than normal.

Nothing's changed really, but you've apparently just decided to change the meaning of what a "deal" is. If I really wanted Kingdom Hearts 2 and found it someplace for $30 right after release, then that's what I like to call a deal because it's signifcantly cheaper than it normally is at just about every other retailer.

#110 rsigley

rsigley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2006 - 05:10 AM

Anyone get call of duty 2 yet?

i ordered it last week still waiting for it to ship

shoulda got it off half.com tho forgot about that

#111 psychobrawler

psychobrawler

A World of Pain.....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2006 - 11:54 AM

Just wanted to let you know I ordered far cry a few weeks ago and got it in exactly one week from when I ordered. I was supsised how extremly fast they were. Others have said this but the game looks like the same exact thing as the american versions. Box, manual, and disc are exactly identical to the america version (my friend has the american verison). I can still log into the US xbox live, still get achievements. I really thought it was the american versions since I cannot tell a single difference. Me and my friend linked our systems and they worked fine, we both got online and everything..
I emailed play asia a few times and they always got back with me in about 15-20 hours. I wish more games were region free, but for now on I will be buying my games from play-asia!!!!

I ordered this over 2 weeks ago, and it still hasn't shipped... My order says shipping on or before April 24, but nothing yet....
Posted Image

#112 Morpheus

Morpheus

Posted 25 April 2006 - 02:41 PM

Uh, it's not that it's a $40 dollar game or that times have changed (which I find that ironic seeing how gamers paid the same amount if not more for new releases 15 years ago), it's that it's $20 cheaper than normal.

Nothing's changed really, but you've apparently just decided to change the meaning of what a "deal" is. If I really wanted Kingdom Hearts 2 and found it someplace for $30 right after release, then that's what I like to call a deal because it's signifcantly cheaper than it normally is at just about every other retailer.

I think you misinterpreted my post. What I mean is that last gen and the gens beforehand, $40 for a regular game was never considered a deal, but now with this gen it is. That's what I find ironic. Its like $40 has become the new $30 of past gens. Times have definitely changed.

AfterEdit: I'm talking about overall end price value, while I think you are talking about the value taken off of the original price. Two different things.

#113 phantomfriar2002

phantomfriar2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:51 PM

I think you misinterpreted my post. What I mean is that last gen and the gens beforehand, $40 for a regular game was never considered a deal, but now with this gen it is. That's what I find ironic. Its like $40 has become the new $30 of past gens. Times have definitely changed..

Forgive me if I'm wrong but even in the Super NES and N64 generations weren't there occasional $60 price tags? I recall paying pretty much $50 for everything on the N64 and Gamecube that was 1st party.

Keep in mind these are all also "1st generation" next-gen titles. I think $40 is a really good deal for GHOST RECON, TOMB RAIDER on a new console...as good as you'll find!

#114 SteveMcQ

SteveMcQ

I love Panda!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2006 - 07:04 PM

Forgive me if I'm wrong but even in the Super NES and N64 generations weren't there occasional $60 price tags? I recall paying pretty much $50 for everything on the N64 and Gamecube that was 1st party.

Keep in mind these are all also "1st generation" next-gen titles. I think $40 is a really good deal for GHOST RECON, TOMB RAIDER on a new console...as good as you'll find!

Yup. I remember paying $79.99 for Shadows of the Empire of the N64 since KB was the only place that had it. The reasoning back then was that cartridge manufacturing costs were high, thus the higher prices. When the industry switched to optical media, the prices went down. Wasn't that one of the big selling points to developers for using optical discs? Now we're back to higher costs, apparently due to higher cost of development. Sucks don't it?

#115 dmes65

dmes65

God Of Thunder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2006 - 09:34 PM

I have a question for you all. I ordered GRAW from this site on the 11th of April and sill haent received it. This is my first time usung the site. So I entered in all of my info adress and such and payed with pay pal to save the xtra $5. I go back to the site today to check on the status of my order and it says no account is registered with that email address. Is this common when paying with pay pal? I have a email from pay pal stating that I did pay but have yet to hear anything from play asia. They dont have a number where you can call so I dont know what to do., I know that it takes alittle longer to get the game being that it comes from asia but I'm confused.

#116 phantomfriar2002

phantomfriar2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2006 - 09:46 PM

I have a question for you all. I ordered GRAW from this site on the 11th of April and sill haent received it. This is my first time usung the site. So I entered in all of my info adress and such and payed with pay pal to save the xtra $5. I go back to the site today to check on the status of my order and it says no account is registered with that email address. Is this common when paying with pay pal? I have a email from pay pal stating that I did pay but have yet to hear anything from play asia. They dont have a number where you can call so I dont know what to do., I know that it takes alittle longer to get the game being that it comes from asia but I'm confused.

I paid with Paypal too and just got GRAW last Friday...took a couple of weeks but didn't have any problem. Whether you paid with Paypal or not shouldn't have anything to do with your account history not showing up...

#117 dmes65

dmes65

God Of Thunder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2006 - 09:59 PM

Is there a way to check your order number on the site. I got the info from pay pal but playa sis wont let me do anything.

#118 Sweet Tooth

Sweet Tooth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2006 - 05:49 PM

I got my Tomb Raider today, took 5 days to get it from them. Achievements work fine.. Exact same as getting it here in the States or Canada. They also sent me a coupon for $5 off my next order

#119 Mechanical

Mechanical

Posted 26 April 2006 - 10:26 PM

So far I've made three orders from Play-Asia. Two have shipped and came in seven business days. I'm in MA. My third order (Farcry) is taking quite a while just to ship. I suppose it's because a lot of other people ordered it before me. I have no problem waiting a bit if it saves me $$. I have FFXI and Oblivion to keep me occupied. :bouncy:

Tomb Raider is working nicely. Play-asia gets two thumbs up from me. Thanks CAG

#120 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2006 - 10:27 PM

Has anybody ordered Quake 4 from them for their 360, any problems with it?
----------------------------------------------------------------------