Tampa Bay Area CAGs...

• Please log in to reply
1903 replies to this topic

#1861 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:18 PM

Just a heads up on some closing deals. FYE in Countryside Mall is going out of business as is the Blockbuster on Linebaugh. Haven't been to FYE in a couple weeks, but two weeks ago they were 20% off used and 10% off new games.

The Linebaugh store barely had any used games the last day before they went into liquidation, but it could be that some of the other stores may be mailing them stuff. From what it sounds, Linebaugh might not be the only BBV closing in the area.

538822.png

#1862 super_dawn

super_dawn

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:44 AM

Blockbuster in new tampa is closing as well...went two days ago and it was only at 20% off. Lots of stuff left as of now.

Guybrush: At least I've learnt something from all of this.
Elaine: What's that?
Guybrush: Never pay more than 20 bucks for a game.

:3ds: my 3DS friend code is: 1934-0672-7017 ---Animal Crossing: Msg me if you add! thx!

Animal Crossing Villager Outfits Follow me:  superdawn3.tumblr.com

ChocDeathMousse.jpg

#1863 Crizume

Crizume

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:30 PM

The blockbluster closings are meh. The one on Hillsborough is also closing. Much better deals at the ones that are not with the used game/bluray sale and the new Bluray sale packs.

#1864 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:55 PM

New GS opened up in Palm Harbor on East Lake/Tampa Rd. Its in the Boot Ranch plaza w/ target & BBV. I'm headed there in a bit as they already have a couple games i'm looking for.

What'll be interesting is that it is also across the street from Play N Trade. Hopefully that means PNT will start to be more competitive with their pricing.

538822.png

#1865 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:30 PM

Bezerker does that referral swapper really work? Thinking of going for one of the PSVita Offer sites by TRAINN.

The TRU in Wesley Chapel and the one in Brandon are out of the PS SR3 Platinum deals.

#1866 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:28 AM

The TRU in Wesley Chapel and the one in Brandon are out of the PS SR3 Platinum deals.

Boo, i planned on looking there tomorrow.

As for Referral Swapper, yea, it worked really good. Basically you find someone who's able to do whatever referral site you are trying to complete and either offer them cash to do it or offer to be a referral on a site they are trying to complete

I've been out of the referral business for a while, I Just never bothered to change my sig & whatnot. Its pretty easy to get into, I recommend getting a few prepaid debit cards, that way you can just keep a small balance on them for whatever authorization/S&H charges the trial offers may have, and you don't have to worry about canceling the trial since they cant charge you.

538822.png

#1867 ChadThyJuggla

ChadThyJuggla

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:43 PM

Just got an email saying that the Oldsmar BB is closing May 12th. Don't know if that means any outrageous closeout prices or not. Never been to a BB store closing before. Email states "up to 20% off 'SELECT' remaining merchandise."

#1868 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:13 PM

Yea, i got the email as well, very sad as I live right by it and it has been my fav store since I moved to Westchase.

I hope prices go lower than 20% at the end, but im guessing since Clearwater & Citrus Park arent that far away, they may be better off just transferring everything.

538822.png

#1869 lpj8

lpj8

Backlogged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:06 PM

Anyone have luck finding Diablo III CEs? I thought for sure they'd be relatively easy to find after launch. Most stores around me never even got any.

#1870 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:11 AM

Best Buy should be releasing them to the public tomorrow but chances are they're sold out. Citrus Park had 27 people pre-order the CE but they only got 18 copies in.

538822.png

#1871 lpj8

lpj8

Backlogged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:59 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I checked the one in Wesley Chapel this morning, no luck.

#1872 rodieremix

rodieremix

Parapsychologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:49 AM

Seminole mall Kmart is closing. Nothing worth noting yet, everything was still 10% off, but might be worth keeping an eye on.

#1873 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:15 AM

Sad, that store is great for finding cheap games (mainly because they never seemed to put new price stickers whenever clearances happened).

I'll probably check it out once it hits the 50% off point.

538822.png

#1874 M Polo

M Polo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:26 PM

Another Tampa CaG checking in. I'm in the Westchase area, I'll post deals when I find them.
Steam: MDPolo

A Community & Clan for Adult Gamers
http://www.8bitbrigade.com

#1875 The Dark Enforcer

The Dark Enforcer

Thunderstruck!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:11 AM

And I live in St. Petersburg.

I'll report anything good that I find as well. Just bear in mind that I'm not a hardcore gamer, and there are very little places that sell games near me, so some of the deals that I post about might be crappy.

Also, I wanted to tell of a story where I found what I thought was a SWEET deal. But I'd love to hear if anybody thinks so as well. I found a working copy of SSBB for the Wii in the CA Pawn on 38th and 54th South on 1/4/11, and with a $39.99 Pre-owned GS sticker, for $10 flat. The only problems were that it was in a BBV case and was missing its manual.

#1876 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:11 PM

Hey guys,

I started the Extra Life Gaming Charity Team for CAG. We are looking for people to help raise funds for Children's Miracle Network. Essentially you raise funds for the CMN, and game for 24 hours. Great Way to earn some Karma do what you like to do at the same time.

Take a look at the Extra Life Team Page -----> Click Here

More information on the event take a look at -----> Click Here

fs_overall.png

#1877 super_dawn

super_dawn

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:40 PM

Thats sounds great! I might join up. Thanks for posting frosty.

Guybrush: At least I've learnt something from all of this.
Elaine: What's that?
Guybrush: Never pay more than 20 bucks for a game.

:3ds: my 3DS friend code is: 1934-0672-7017 ---Animal Crossing: Msg me if you add! thx!

Animal Crossing Villager Outfits Follow me:  superdawn3.tumblr.com

ChocDeathMousse.jpg

#1878 austin3118

austin3118

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

Looking for a decent deal on Xbox live, they have these in stores, so I'm told:

http://www.target.co...h Xbox live mw3

12 month + beanie for $45 sadly sold out online

#1879 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

Fye Brandon is closing for good on Sat or Sun. Went a few days ago and everything was 50-80% off. Not much left for games but tons of cd/dvds & merch

#1880 Sion

Sion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

Fye Brandon is closing for good on Sat or Sun. Went a few days ago and everything was 50-80% off. Not much left for games but tons of cd/dvds & merch

Dam did not know fye Brandon was shutting down. No wonder I was able to pick up Devil May Cry PS2 boxed collection for $5 a month ago there. Anyone know if there is any deals on the Hyperkin Supaboys they sell at that location?

#1881 Sion

Sion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

Dam went to Fye today and they were out of Supaboys which sucks but I really just wanted it for the SNES games that I have that do not work on my Retro Duo portable so no real big loss. Did pick up Doom 3 BFG for PC for $15, not a bad price but I think Steam had it cheaper during the winter sale but I wanted a physical version.

#1882 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

What's good CAGs in Tampa Bay? Anyone playing Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate?

fs_overall.png

#1883 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

What's good CAGs in Tampa Bay? Anyone playing Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate?

I am. I have both the WiiU & 3ds versions but have yet to crack open the 3ds once since I mostly play at home.

538822.png

#1884 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

Anyone interested?

I'm selling/trading a 500gb PS3 with 2 controllers, charge cables, and Rocketfish Headet for $250. I will trade straight up for a new 3DS XL with Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

Let me know, I'm open to discussion on this.

fs_overall.png

#1885 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:55 PM

Anyone in the Tampa Bay area down for a 3DS/3DS XL meetup? Also anyone have a 3DS / 3DS XL they are trying to get rid of??

fs_overall.png

#1886 donniedroc

donniedroc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:48 PM

Anyone in the Tampa Bay area down for a 3DS/3DS XL meetup? Also anyone have a 3DS / 3DS XL they are trying to get rid of??

Frosty, not sure if you have $$$ or looking to trade, but check this thread:
http://www.cheapassg...t=341354&page=3

Apparently, the Macy's electronics kiosk (think redbox for electronics) has a 3ds for $129. I can confirm the Macy's @ the Citrus Park Mall has the kiosk, but haven't checked the price yet, mainly because both my boys have one.

#1887 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:19 AM

Thanks DD, I was hoping to trade, but may have to go buy one. Don't know if I want to grab a 3DS till the Animal Crossing Edition drops since I missed out on the Pikachu, or just go grab a Red one.

Thanks for the tip, that is a great deal for a new 3DS

fs_overall.png

#1888 Critte2004

Critte2004

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

The only place you can find a Pikachu 3DS is on the Gamestop website as of 15 minutes ago. I would post a link but somehow I'm still consider a new user. I thought I saw one the Sears at the Lakeland Square Mall but I'm not 100% on that. You may want to call them first.

#1889 donniedroc

donniedroc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:00 PM

The only place you can find a Pikachu 3DS is on the Gamestop website as of 15 minutes ago. I would post a link but somehow I'm still consider a new user. I thought I saw one the Sears at the Lakeland Square Mall but I'm not 100% on that. You may want to call them first.

http://www.gamestop....-edition/108188

#1890 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:12 PM

Thanks guys.

fs_overall.png