Price Drop on X-Men Legends 2 & Ultimate Spidey

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#31 Gothic Walrus

Gothic Walrus

Goo Goo G'Joob.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2006 - 09:57 PM

Don't forget there is also a PC version with extra characters that is also $20 at Target and other stores.

I actually found the PC version for $5 a few weeks ago. I think it's hit the clearance racks at most Targets.

The game actually doesn't control badly with the keyboard, but the PS2/USB adapter I've got still comes in handy for this one. :D

ah, a voice of logic in the form of a walrus

#32 wbc1228

wbc1228

Posted 07 April 2006 - 12:16 AM

Yea!!!
I managed to get a copy of the LE Ultimate Spiderman for $15 using the $5 coupon. Good thing I didn't trust best buy's online store inventory (it stated that the game wasn't in stock at my store). My LE wasn't in perfect condition, there is a slight marking on the cardboard box. I shouldn't be complaining at that price. What is shocking though was that there is a best buy pricing sticker on it that reads $59.99.

#33 0192837465

Banequake!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2006 - 02:28 AM

Yea!!!
I managed to get a copy of the LE Ultimate Spiderman for $15 using the $5 coupon. Good thing I didn't trust best buy's online store inventory (it stated that the game wasn't in stock at my store). My LE wasn't in perfect condition, there is a slight marking on the cardboard box. I shouldn't be complaining at that price. What is shocking though was that there is a best buy pricing sticker on it that reads $59.99.

ditto. it seems that all the LE's i saw were f'ed up slightly in some way or another...the plastic case just grips the holographic lamination too tightly and tears it a little. managed to find a near mint one for 15$

Thanks op!

Posted ImageCheapassgamer.com: Greatest Site Ever!!!Posted Image Cheapassgamer.com: Greatest Site Ever!!!Posted Image

#34 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2006 - 05:00 PM

Ultimate Spider-Man LE is $17.99 also

http://www.gamestop....oduct_id=939185

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#35 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2006 - 05:02 PM

nice deals I'll try to pick this up from Target since they have a buy 2 get one. free thanks for the heads up!

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#36 spideymike

spideymike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2006 - 03:25 AM

Does this mean they're most likely Platinum/Greatest/Players Choice titles now?

:beer:

#37 PrivatePixel

PrivatePixel

Say 'NO!' to RFID

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2006 - 06:28 AM

Bestbuy has the LE version of Ultimate spiderman for 20 bucks too.

Too bad the nearest location with LE copies in stock is 30+ miles away, so I bought my copy at Wal-Mart for about the same.

Will be picking up X-Men Legends II later today.

#38 CAG 79

CAG 79

9 Year CAG Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2006 - 06:45 AM

I'll have to pick up that LE of Ultimate Spider-Man sometime this week.

#39 bingbangboom

bingbangboom

Posted 08 April 2006 - 10:27 AM

I got up to the Venom chasing Electro part before i went crazy and stopped playing it. I heard XL2 was good on Xbox Live. Problem with getting some of these older Live games is no one is there to play.

#40 bluehalls

bluehalls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2006 - 08:04 PM

Anyone have the limited edition?

are the extras anything to write home about?

#41 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2006 - 08:08 PM

I got up to the Venom chasing Electro part before i went crazy and stopped playing it. I heard XL2 was good on Xbox Live. Problem with getting some of these older Live games is no one is there to play.

I think that and the part with the Green Goblin were the most frustrating parts of the game for me too. I probably had to retry each of those parts at least 15-20 times before I could memorize/not f up the routes.

#42 CAG 79

CAG 79

9 Year CAG Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2006 - 01:10 AM

From IGN:

Limited Edition
For a little extra cheese, PS2 owners can snatch a Limited Edition version of USM. Along with a sweet Venom cover, the Limited Edition includes an interview with Stan Lee, the G4 "Making of" special, developer hints and several character bio trailers.

Is all this worth any extra $10? Hell no. The ticks and tips section is incredibly basic, with no secrets revealed and the G4 special can be seen for free on G4 (surprise, surprise). While a Stan Lee interview is nice to see and the character bios are okay (but not great), it's hard to imagine how an extra 40 minutes of life in a game can be worth ten bones.

The Limited Edition doesn't offer nearly enough to merit the extra cost. If you have to see it all, buy the regular version and pay $4 to rent the Limited Edition. I just saved you six bucks!

#43 PrivatePixel

PrivatePixel

Say 'NO!' to RFID

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2006 - 07:17 AM

As mentioned in an earlier post, I bought the LE copy. The extras aren't worth the $10 premium retailers were asking for when it was released, but with the LE at the same price point as the regular edition now, it's hard to pass up.

#44 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 09 April 2006 - 07:24 AM

This would be a good deal if either game was any good. Ultimate Spiderman pales in comparison to the eariler games, and the chase missions are just flat out terrible. X-Men Legends 2 from what I hear from a friend is a completely buggy piece of garbage burned to a CD which can't even be completed without having the game lock up.

#45 colossus79

colossus79

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2006 - 10:37 AM

Thanks for the info, OP.

Finally picked up X-Men Legends 2 yesterday.

#46 mmn

mmn

Peyton Manning = XLI MVP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2006 - 10:53 AM

This would be a good deal if either game was any good. Ultimate Spiderman pales in comparison to the eariler games, and the chase missions are just flat out terrible. X-Men Legends 2 from what I hear from a friend is a completely buggy piece of garbage burned to a CD which can't even be completed without having the game lock up.

I played Xmen Legends 2 twice through and it never locked up on me once. Your friend must just have bad luck.

#47 sniper308

sniper308

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2006 - 12:53 PM

I played Xmen Legends 2 twice through and it never locked up on me once. Your friend must just have bad luck.

There are known issues with the Xbox version of Xmen Legends 2 in certain pieces of the game with lots of enemies on screen at one time and if you have your inventories full.

If you get stuck in a section repeatedly, reload your save and try dumping some gear and you'll get through it. Happened to me on several occassions... Then I googled it and found out the issue...

#48 JaytheGamefan

JaytheGamefan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2006 - 06:19 AM

It's definitely time to pick up Legends 2.

#49 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2006 - 06:38 AM

Too bad I already have Xmen Legends 2 on the PSP otherwise I would buy it for PS2...Ultimate Spiderman does look tempting though.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#50 spideymike

spideymike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2006 - 03:57 PM

If these titles were actually Platinum Hits titles, it'd be nice to get them both for $30 at BB this week. :???:

#51 BrerDan

BrerDan

Total DS Whore!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2006 - 04:43 PM

Is X-Men Legends 1 or 2 better? Knowing me I will never get around to playing both of them, but I could have some fun playing one of them. Gamerankings shows them as having about the same score...so that didn't help.

What are you guys' thoughts??

Thanks

Edit: Oh yeah, I should note I'd be getting it for the Gamecube as I don't have an X-box or PS2.

#52 botticus

botticus

Posted 10 April 2006 - 04:46 PM

Is X-Men Legends 1 or 2 better? Knowing me I will never get around to playing both of them, but I could have some fun playing one of them. Gamerankings shows them as having about the same score...so that didn't help.

Thanks

I preferred the first game, though they were very similar. The second seemed more repetitive to me, but I couldn't say if that's because it was or just because it didn't do much different from the first game. Some of the additional characters in the second game are better.

However, I have a feeling if you haven't played either, the second might be the one to get as it does improve upon some aspects of the first, and the repetitive nature might just be a consequence of playing the first so thoroughly.

#53 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2006 - 05:15 PM

I preferred the first game, though they were very similar. The second seemed more repetitive to me, but I couldn't say if that's because it was or just because it didn't do much different from the first game. Some of the additional characters in the second game are better.

However, I have a feeling if you haven't played either, the second might be the one to get as it does improve upon some aspects of the first, and the repetitive nature might just be a consequence of playing the first so thoroughly.

The second seemed very boring to me. Almost too easy... and yes... repetitive.

#54 spideymike

spideymike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2006 - 06:53 PM

Btw, I checked at BB and since the games didn't say "Platinum Hits" and the like on the games, they didn't accept them for the b2f$30 deal.

#55 0192837465

Banequake!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2006 - 09:53 PM

Thanks

Edit: Oh yeah, I should note I'd be getting it for the Gamecube as I don't have an X-box or PS2.

Posted ImageCheapassgamer.com: Greatest Site Ever!!!Posted Image Cheapassgamer.com: Greatest Site Ever!!!Posted Image

#56 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2006 - 10:11 PM

As mentioned in an earlier post, I bought the LE copy. The extras aren't worth the $10 premium retailers were asking for when it was released, but with the LE at the same price point as the regular edition now, it's hard to pass up.

Exactly.

#57 Rags

Rags

Random Poster #7

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2006 - 06:38 PM

Keep this in mind on Ultimate Spiderman LE> The game saves and action replay codes(other cheat devices as well) DO NOT work on the LE USM unless it was a LE game that the game was played originally.
For example, I could not just use a Action Replay code to unlock all the comics to get the Venom Suit for Spidey because I had the LE copy.

Just a little thing to keep in mind, I'd still get the LE copy since it's the same price.

#58 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2006 - 07:16 PM

FYI

Local Compusa has Ultimate Spiderman (PS2) $9.98 **Manager Special**
Def Jam 2 (PS2) $9.98
Dark Watch (PS2) $9.98
Area 51 (PS2) $9.98
Ride or Die (PS2) $9.98
Without Warning (PS2) $9.98