Grandia Xtreme 40 at ebgames.com

When this game just came out, I saw it for 19.99, thought that was normal ( WHY?????????????) I asked the guy was it normal and he said yeah.

Two days later I go in again and they had the game for 49.99............

I"M AN IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doesn't look all that great. I wouldn't spend $40 bucks it. Past eBay sales have been under $30 for it, some were new.

What you think of Grandia Xtreme will depend a lot on how much you like the combat system - because it's pretty much the only reason to play the game. :p It seems redundant to criticize an RPG for a cliche plot - but I found GX's even more ponderous than most. ;) It's basically a dungeon crawl.

Personally, I liked G2 a lot more, but...well, I have odd tastes. 8)

The battle system is the best out of any Grandia game ever, but everything else is just pure ass. Even the graphics aren't up to par with Grandia 2!

You have to really like the Grandia battle system to enjoy this game.

I thought it rocked, but I don't mind going through lots of dungeons and killing things.

When it first came out I bought it for $50. I loved 1 and 2 so I thought this one couldn't be that bad. But I was wrong.

The next day I brought it back and they let me trade it for Suikoden 3 which was coming out in a week. That was a great money saving decision.

I love Grandia 2's Battle System so I'm sure I'll like this one as well. The Grandia 2 plot was not that great but the battle system kept me playing.

Getting GX for $5 and La Pucelle for $20 is going to keep me busy for quite a while. If I had scored Disgaea, I would have no life.

I scored Grandia 1 for $8.99 sealed... I don't like it very much though. Its ahead of its time in some ways but I hate getting lost in it.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']The battle system is the best out of any Grandia game ever, but everything else is just pure ass. Even the graphics aren't up to par with Grandia 2![/quote]

That's impossible, the slowdown in Grandia 2 rendered certain areas unplayable (no joke).

I bought my Grandia Xtreme 1 and a half years ago at Meijer on the SW side of Fort Wayne for $9.99. Although it's not as good as Grandia 1 & 2, I still thought it was a great game. I put more time into it compared to any other Grandia game. Beat the game in 46 hours. I was hoping to get another copy at CC for $5 for I can trade one in to EB, since it's kind of rare.

[quote name='-Never4ever-'][quote name='Dead of Knight']The battle system is the best out of any Grandia game ever, but everything else is just pure ass. Even the graphics aren't up to par with Grandia 2![/quote]

That's impossible, the slowdown in Grandia 2 rendered certain areas unplayable (no joke).[/quote]

What slowdown?

Oh, you mean the slowdown in the PS2 version. Your own fault for paying for the PS2 version as opposed to the superior DC version.

bread's done
Back