Final Fantasy X International (IMPORT PS2) $23 at Play-Asia.com

I'd recommend this to anyone. Play-Asia's very reliable and has shipping that's so cheap, this would end up costing about as much as the GH version of FF10 US shipped. It has an option to be played entirely in English, and has some optional bosses and the option to use a new Sphere Grid.

[quote name='mkelehan']I'd recommend this to anyone. Play-Asia's very reliable and has shipping that's so cheap, this would end up costing about as much as the GH version of FF10 US shipped. It has an option to be played entirely in English, and has some optional bosses and the option to use a new Sphere Grid.[/quote]

What? The text isn't all in English, is it? Just the voice acting is, I thought.

[quote name='jmcc'][quote name='mkelehan']I'd recommend this to anyone. Play-Asia's very reliable and has shipping that's so cheap, this would end up costing about as much as the GH version of FF10 US shipped. It has an option to be played entirely in English, and has some optional bosses and the option to use a new Sphere Grid.[/quote]

What? The text isn't all in English, is it? Just the voice acting is, I thought.[/quote]

You're given an option in the beginning for Japanese text or English text. Voices are always English. If you set it to English, you'll not see a single Japanese character the whole time you play; it's just like the US version with some added stuff.

As for modding, I've got a flip-top cover, and wouldn't be without it.

dammit, id pick this up in a second if i could play imports. is there any way to do this without modding or getting a fliptop? action replay maybe?

[quote name='BigBen']If it had Japanese voices, I'd be all over it. Still very tempting though.[/quote]

...except that the English voices are great. So great that Square decided to replace the Japanese voices with them. To each his own, though.

Does anyone know if you can load imports to the HD loader? If so then I would jump on this and a HD loader disc. For some reason i just dont like mod chips and flip tops.

Ordered! :D
Thanks for the heads up, this is the second time in two weeks that Play-Asia has had an amazing weekly special. I really couldn't pass up on GT4: Prologue for $8.90 last week either. :)

Cool, this is the first import game I've ever bought. I wanted it not so much to play through it again, but just to have another version of it. :D

[quote name='Shadows916']you can get a disc called magic slide 2- the ps2 version of the psxchange i use to play backups/imports on ps1. here's the link, both do not use mod chips, just a swap disc and something to fool the system into thinking its still closed while you eject the discs:
http://www.psxdepot.com/ps2slidecard.htm[/quote]

It's $30 at that site. I'm sure most other places have it for around $20.

i paid 18 shipped for the psxchange, the ps2 disc set is shipped free from here, the very few other places i'v found that carry the magic slide 2 (not the magic card, the first version of this disc set doesn't work half the time)want 35 and up+shipping

bread's done
Back